PDA

View Full Version : So Now They Think He Was Charming

John Ashcroft
06-10-2004, 05:07 PM
America's greatest president has gone home. God worked through Ronald Reagan on Earth and now He's taken him back. Reagan is survived by his wife, three children, and the hundreds of millions of people he saved by winning the Cold War. Thanks to him, the United States of America never ceased to be, as Reagan said, "a place to escape to" -- the last stand on Earth.

No thanks to liberals, I might add. More enraging than their revisionist history of Reagan, is liberals' revisionist history about themselves. Now liberals claim they liked Reagan at the time. This is extremely believable -- aren't we all fond of someone who regularly exposes us as liars, cowards and hypocrites? It's just human nature.

In fact and of course, liberals loathed Reagan. Their European friends loathed Reagan -- the protests against our current president are positively anemic compared to the massive protests against President Reagan when he went to visit our dear "allies," whose sorry asses we spent billions of dollars defending against the Soviets for 50 years. Even the moderate Republicans currently trying to insinuate themselves onto Reagan's legacy weren't especially fond of Reagan at the time -- especially when attacking him publicly would get them invites to the tonier Georgetown cocktail parties. Only authentic Americans loved Reagan.

Bolded for you Ford, have fun :D

From the descriptions in the media, you would think the reason Reagan was beloved by Americans was that he was an affable fellow who could tell a good joke. That's a description of Bob Dole, not Ronald Reagan.

Reagan was a March hare right-winger. He had enough faith in the American people to know that as long as the facts were clear, they would rise to the occasion and be March hare right-wingers, too. As Reagan himself said, back in 1964: "Our Democratic opponents seem unwilling to debate these issues. They want to make you and me believe that this is a contest between two men ... that we are to choose just between two personalities."

Reagan forced Americans to confront the real ideological divide between conservatives and, as he said, "our liberal friends." But now liberals are trying to muddy the political waters by passing off Reagan's popularity as a result of his personal magnetism. I note that liberals were strangely immune to that magnetism at the time. Only now do they talk about Reagan's outsized personality as if he worked some sort of beguiling magic over the electorate and tricked them into supporting policies they never quite understood.

While Reagan had undeniable magnetism, what set him apart was that he had the courage to speak the truth and trust the American people. In the 1964 speech that launched his political career, "A Time for Choosing," Reagan never smiled. He told no jokes -- though he did say some amusing things inasmuch as he was talking about "our liberal friends."

In the throes of the Cold War -- still hot in Vietnam -- Reagan forthrightly said liberals refused to acknowledge that the choice was not between "peace and war, only between fight and surrender." In words that would have come in pretty handy in Spain just a few months ago, he said liberals tell us "if we only avoid any direct confrontation with the enemy, he will forget his evil ways and learn to love us." All who disagree with the "peace" crowd, he said, "are indicted as warmongers." To this, Reagan said: "Let's set the record straight. There is no argument over the choice between peace and war, but there is only one guaranteed way you can have peace -- and you can have it in the next second -- surrender."

This wasn't sunny old grandpa carrying candy around in his pocket for children. After watching Walter Cronkite's coverage of the Vietnam War in December 1972, Reagan told President Richard Nixon, "under World War II circumstances, the network (CBS) would have been charged with treason."

Imagine what he thought of Uncle Ted...

Reagan quoted "Mr. Democrat himself," Al Smith, for the proposition that the Democratic Party was no longer the party of Jefferson, Jackson and Cleveland, but was now the party of Marx, Lenin and Stalin. (And that was 30 years before they tried to push Hillarycare on us.)

Reagan was a bulldog, completely, implacably right-wing on every issue. He was the right-wing Energizer Bunny. He never quit and he kept beating liberals. He cut taxes 25 percent across the board his first year in office; he walked away from Gorbachev at Reykjavik; he fired all those air traffic controllers -- and wouldn't let them come back even when they wanted to; he gave speeches about "welfare queens" and polluting trees; he nominated Antonin Scalia and Robert Bork to the Supreme Court; and he enraged grim liberals when he warmed up his radio mike by saying, "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

But now they're telling us Reagan was a "pragmatist." Well, not according to him. As he was wrapping up the Republican primaries in 1980 and moderate weenies in the Republican Party were trying to move him to the "center," Reagan said: "No, I'm not moving my positions any. ... I believe the same things that I've been speaking on for years, and I don't see any reason to change."

Thank God he didn't. Because Reagan lived, the world is a better place.

Link: here (http://www.anncoulter.com/)

steve
06-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Her "protests" comparison is utter 'shite' - to be British for a moment.

Reagan may have been protested in Europe, but he was popular enough.. He was liked- at least statistically speaking in terms of his the US friendships with their governments being supplanted by a mandate from their people.

This doesn't mean that everyone or even a vast majority of Eurpeans liked him - just, if you look at the polls from the era, enough to maintain a mandate for US/Euro friendships and an alliance.

"W"...on the other hand, is DETESTED by a VAST majority - young, old, liberal/conservative - accross Europe. It started with Kyoto and his course language, and it has spiraled out of control ever since.

Decide from it what you may, but these are the facts.

Me personally, I think Reagan/his administration did some good things and some horrobile things.

Good- he was straightforward about the Soviet Bloc countries.

Bad - his administration armed both sides of the Iran Iraq war - a war they did not start, but one they egged on just the same...and one in which MILLIONS of HUMAN BEINGS, the same as you or I, died horrible, often painful deaths - all for "Middle East 'stability' - to maintain the stats quo so that our precious oil prices would not rise.

If it were one of Reagan's movies, he would have been snearing and wearing a gotee in between the musical numbers, separately telling both sides in secret meetings in his tent to "win one for the gipper, Habib" - but in reality, he had North, Cheney, and Rumsfeld do all that for him.

There was no ethics in his Presidency, just strength and manipulaiton. If you value strength and cunning manipulaiton, than he was a saint. If you value ethics, he was an antichrist.

FORD
06-10-2004, 09:27 PM
The day a delusional transsexual who worships Joseph McCarthy is awarded the priveledge of deciding who is and is not an "authentic American" is the day I'll move to China in search of a slightly less totalitarian state.

Thankfully, I'm not worried about that happening any time soon.

What people liked about Reagan was his image the kindly grandfather personna he put on. Hell, it was his greatest acting role ever. And he delivered some great lines, though he wrote about as many of them as he did the lines in "Bedtime for Bonzo"

Some people who despised the policies, and the crimes of the Reagan administration actually liked Reagan the man. Or the man he portrayed at least. Junior doesn't even have that much going for him.

John Ashcroft
06-11-2004, 12:03 AM
I knew I could drag it out of ya Ford. You never fail to deliver.

So, were the Clinton arms/technology sales to China crimes as well?

FORD
06-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Clinton didn't sell any arms to China. A US company sold communications satellite technology to a Chinese company, while Clinton was President.

If doing business with China is wrong, then talk to the BCE who have been doing so for decades. Prescott Bush Jr is even the chairman of the "US/China Chamber of Commerce" - whatever that is, exactly, and the CIA front known as the "Carlyle Group" has investments all over Asia including communist China.

Seshmeister
06-11-2004, 02:22 AM
http://www.outlawforpeace.com/trade/store/it-misc01a.jpg

This deification of Reagan is getting silly.

People seem to forget his second term when his senility started and we had Nancy consulting tarot card readers and fortune tellers to get advice for Ronnie.

Very scary indeed.

To say nothing of his support for terrorists in Nicaragua against a fairly elected government and as Steve said his support of some very dubious people like Saddam.

Then there was ludicrous invasion of Greneda to oust 30 Cuban construction workers using just 20 000 US troops.

The best thing you could say about him was that his wifes hatred of rock and roll gave kids something to rebel against hence the rise of rock in the 80s. Nancy's reactionary hypocrisy was good for Ozzy's career too.

It's funny to watch some of the posters here on a DLR website turn into their parents.

JA would have been perfect playing the Dad out of a Twisted Sister video...:)

Cheers!

:gulp:

Mr Grimsdale
06-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
God worked through Ronald Reagan on Earth and now He's taken him back.

Ronnie was cool, but "God worked through..."?

Sounds like something Mullah Omah would come out with.

Jesus Christ
06-14-2004, 07:35 PM
America's greatest president has gone home. God worked through Ronald Reagan on Earth and now He's taken him back.

Please....... :rolleyes:

DaveIsKing
06-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Now, I KNOW you ain't Jesus.

If your fucking liberal whining pussy. Is it true?? (please say no, cuz' I really was starting to like ya)

Jesus Christ
06-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Matthew 5
1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

And if that maketh Me a "liberal pussy" , then so be it. But it is not the place of one so hateful as Ann Coulter to sayeth whom My Father worketh through.

Ally_Kat
06-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Now, I KNOW you ain't Jesus.

If your fucking liberal whining pussy. Is it true?? (please say no, cuz' I really was starting to like ya)

Jesus is Ford, and so is Satan.

DaveIsKing
06-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Figures. :p

DaveIsKing
06-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Matthew 5
1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

And if that maketh Me a "liberal pussy" , then so be it. But it is not the place of one so hateful as Ann Coulter to sayeth whom My Father worketh through.

Ahhh...what is this called now, "the Sermon on the Mount", "Beatitudes" or something... right?

Well, one reason why I disdain Christianity is for the pacifism it preaches. "Love your enemies and do good to them that hate you and dispitefully use you" is the suicidal philosophy of the dog that rolls upon its back when kicked. Self-preservation is the highest law of my "religion". Nature isn't egalitarian nor does it ruminate over obstacles.

Here's an updated, more applicable version there, HAY-SOOZ

BLESSED ARE THE BOLD FOR THEY SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH!
BLESSED ARE THE DESTROYERS OF FALSE HOPES FOR THEY ARE THE TRUE SAVIOURS!
BLESSED ARE THE FREE THINKERS FOR THEY HAVE IMBIBED TRUE WISDOM!
CURSED ARE THE "OBEDIENT" FOR THEY ARE MENTALLY CRIPPLED!
CURSED ARE THE "MEEK & LOWLY" FOR THEY SHALL BE TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT!
CURSED ARE THE "POOR IN SPIRIT" FOR THEY SHALL DIE IN NEED!
CURSED ARE THE BELIEVERS IN FAIRY TALES FOR THEY ARE FRIGHTENED OF SHADOWS!

There's many more where that came from.

CURSED IS PACIFISM, LIBERALISM AND THE FAGGOTRY OF THE LEFT.
CURSED IS THE STUPIDITY AND WEAK-MINDEDNESS OF THE RIGHT.
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO SEEK REALITY AND STAMP OUT BULLSHIT!

DaveIsKing®

John Ashcroft
06-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Yeah, but who are the Dutch?

DaveIsKing
06-15-2004, 12:25 PM
BLESSED ARE YE WHO READ DAVEISKING.
CURSED ARE YE WHO WATCH MICHAEL "FUCKFACE, DICKHEAD, SOB, HORSESHIT, DIPSHIT, BULLSHIT, ASSHOLE, COCKSUCKER, FAG, QUEER, BASTARD, PIECE OF SHIT" MORON.

:D

Ally_Kat
06-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but who are the Dutch?

I dunno, but you still owe me a song. :D