PDA

View Full Version : death pool

Ally_Kat
06-10-2004, 06:57 PM
So we had Reagan and now Ray Charles. Who's going to be next?

Everyone always says the pope, but i highly doubt it'll be him.

Fabulous Shadow
06-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Geeze Kat who knows??? I hate guessing. The Pope is really was past his time though. Perhaps Reagan is the thirs and Tony Randall was the first? Hows that for happy endings?

Ally_Kat
06-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Wouldn't Ray Charles be the third then in that scenerio?

FORD
06-10-2004, 10:01 PM
I don't remember anyone else dying after Tony Randall, so I guess Ray makes three :(

Fabulous Shadow
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Wouldn't Ray Charles be the third then in that scenerio?

:p That's what I meant...

lucky wilbury
06-10-2004, 10:28 PM
in the political world its castro

DLR'sCock
06-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Ray Charles was in my Dead Pool, so I won!!!!

Yeayyyy for me!!!!!

FORD
06-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Ray Charles was in my Dead Pool, so I won!!!!

Yeayyyy for me!!!!!

Reagan was definitely one of my picks for this year.

Jerry Ford (no relation) will be next. And there's no way in Hell Poppy Bush is going to be around to fix an election for Jeb in 2008.

lucky wilbury
06-11-2004, 06:15 PM
he is going skydiving soon you know. accidents and heart attacks do happen when your falling to the earth at 100ft per second

Viking
06-11-2004, 08:20 PM
FORD - I think Death Pool trifecta rules state that they all must die within the same week (or within a week of each other). I think that pulls Randall out of the running - he's been decomposing for about three weeks now.

Ally_Kat
06-11-2004, 11:12 PM
She might not go within a week, but Nancy will go soon. Usually goes that way for couples who are really close.

classicdude
06-11-2004, 11:42 PM
I think the pope will outlive all of us. Maybe Ozzy? Mid-Ozzfest tour....would be kind of a bummer.

gothqueen
06-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Why does it seem like a lot of celebrities die in the summer? Last July we lost at least five big stars.

FORD
06-12-2004, 09:00 PM
She might not go within a week, but Nancy will go soon. Usually goes that way for couples who are really close.

Not always the case. Usually the expectation comes from the fact that one spouse, usually the wife, is so totally dependent on the husband that even the stress of attempting to make a new life without him at such an old age.

When one of my grandfathers passed away, after 61 years of marriage, we honestly didn't think my grandmother would make it very long. She never learned how to drive, and I don't believe she ever lived alone a day in her life, so that's a hard adjustment to make at the age of 82. But she surprised us all, and had 5 more years of a good life before her heart medication finally killed her kidneys :(

Nancy's advantage here is that she hasn't had to depend on Reagan for a decade now. More like he had to depend on her. If anything, she should actually be healthier now without the stress of dealing with someone who should know you, but doesn't, 24/7.

You never know... she could totally devote herself to a goal like Stem Cell Research and stick around for another 10 years or so.

Ally_Kat
06-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I didn't mean it in some lesser-human way. Nancy and Ronnie were a very close couple and if you saw when she broke down, Nancy was miserable even though this has been expected for so long.

It is my experience and observation that couples who are extremely close emotionally, not dependant on the other to take care of them, die pretty close together.

Ronnie may have been physically dependant on her, but there was/is still an emotional attachment that will forever be there. He may have been slipping away, but he was still here to spend time with and sit next to. Now he's not.

BIGBADZERO
06-13-2004, 11:47 AM
After seeing Velvet Revolver last night my vote's for Scott Weiland. OH MY GOD HE IS SOOOOOOO FUCKED UP. Truly sad. He used to be one of the best frontmen ever but he's just a former shell of himself. The whole band was awful.

ashstralia
06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by gothqueen
Why does it seem like a lot of celebrities die in the summer? Last July we lost at least five big stars.

not summer here, babe.
i know what you mean though, but if you
investigate the stat's, interestingly enough
a lot of people die a week or two either side of their b'day.

i'm thinkin weiland,
eddie and rob downey.
i'm surprised layne staley lasted so long.

ashstralia
06-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by classicdude
I think the pope will outlive all of us. Maybe Ozzy? Mid-Ozzfest tour....would be kind of a bummer.

how cool would it be if the pope came out and shot ozzie,
in the middle of 'crazy train'?

Susie Q
06-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by gothqueen

I think the heat gets to them all. :confused:

lucky wilbury
06-14-2004, 10:25 PM
i revising my political death from castro to arafat. castro will be gone by the end of the year but arafat will be sooner. quite possably by the end of the month. no promises though on the time.

JCOOK
06-17-2004, 05:39 PM
ITS'QUITE OBVIOUS--THE VH REUNION TOUR

High Life Man
06-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
i revising my political death from castro to arafat. castro will be gone by the end of the year but arafat will be sooner. quite possably by the end of the month. no promises though on the time.

I doubt Arafat's death will be natural either. :D

Go Israel!

FORD
06-18-2004, 01:08 PM

Is this something on the agenda at Langley, or will Sharon bulldoze his house all by himself?

lucky wilbury
06-18-2004, 01:13 PM
there are a lot of people who want to see him go inparticularly some in the pa and it's offshoots. in the end it won't be clear who elminiated him but he'll be gone

FORD
06-18-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm not a big fan of Arafat, but Sharon is as bad if not worse. Get rid of them both (as well as the rest of the treasonous PNAC/Likud shitbags) and maybe some real progress can be made in the Middle East.

lucky wilbury
11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
you'll notice no one has said how arafat died yet.

Dr. Love
11-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Not much time left on Castro, man. Better get crackin'. ;)

lucky wilbury
11-16-2004, 11:15 PM
i thought someone popped him that time after he gave his speech a few weeks back. there still is time and old people sometimes never fully recover when the break bones

Ally_Kat
11-16-2004, 11:36 PM
lucky, you need to start buying me lottery tickets

SoCalChelle
11-17-2004, 08:35 PM
So who's next?

I still say (hope) Courtney Love

FORD
11-17-2004, 09:17 PM

I've heard speculation he was poisoned. It's only obvious Mossad did it. They were probably just waiting to see if Junior would be "elected" so they could further implement the PNAC agenda.

Nickdfresh
11-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Sammy Hagar. I just bought a high-powered rifle. Just kidding.

I really mean Alex Van Halen.

Ally_Kat
11-17-2004, 10:16 PM

The Jews at school are convinced it was AIDS

lucky wilbury
11-18-2004, 01:27 AM
lucky, you need to start buying me lottery tickets

next time your at a liquor or convince store buy three of the scratch lottery tickets but make sure they are the second from the left set.

ODShowtime
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM

That's awesome. I was just about to bust some balls :)

Switch84
11-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I really mean Alex Van Halen.

;) Nah. Baby brother Eddie's gonna beat him to the punch. His liver must be chop suey by now, not to mention he's smoking like a chimney.

CROWBAR
11-18-2004, 05:23 PM
I got $5 on Ed!! :lookie: