PDA

View Full Version : NEW ROBERT JOHNSON Discovies!

Hardrock69
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Just bought the new issue of Guitar World with Jeff Beck on the cover.

Inside is an article about Robert, mainly built around an interview with Honeyboy Edwards, the last living individual to have known and played music with Robert.

Anyway, checked out the title page of the article, then looked to my left at some old photo....

It was a newly discovered photo of a young Robert Johnson with his friend Johnny Shines!!!

And it is a full-page image!

Apparently this info was published back in 2008. Did not even know about this until today.

Here is a link to the 2008 Vanity Fair article about the image, and yes there the pic is on that page. It is a good, in-depth 5-page article, detailing not just Robert's life and times, but the fucking bullshit lawsuits flying over the past 40 years over who controls the rights to Robert's estate:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/11/johnson200811

Then, as I got to reading the article, I found that Columbia Records is releasing a special package to commemorate what would be Robert's 100th birthday this year. They are releasing the 41 known tracks recorded by Robert.....

PLUS A NEWLY DISCOVERED 42nd TRACK! Not a new 'song', it is an alternate take of "Traveling Riverside Blues", but what the fuck! How fucking cool is this???!!!

No reason for me to be so excited, but then, what the hell. Why not? :D

SunisinuS
03-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Dang look at the size of his hands.

Hardrock69
03-11-2011, 01:30 AM
He gots some long fucking fingers for sure.

Just like Jim Hendrix had some huge fucking hands. Just watch any footage of Hendrix and see how his thumb hangs over the top of the neck so much it almost goes all the way across the width of the fretboard!