PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Peter King LOVES TERRORISTS!! (as long ass they're Catholics)

Nickdfresh
03-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Support for the IRA

In the 1980s, King frequently traveled to Northern Ireland to meet with IRA members.[13] In 1982, speaking at a pro-IRA rally in Nassau County, New York, King said: “We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry.”[13][19] "In 1985, he convened a press conference before the start of New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade (for which he was Grand Marshal), and offered a defiant defense of the IRA: 'As we march up the avenue and share all the joy,' he declared, 'let us never forget the men and women who are suffering and, most of all, the men and women who are fighting.'"[20] Regarding the 30 years of violence during which the IRA killed over 1700 people, including over 600 civilians, King said, ""If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it". King compared IRA leader Gerry Adams to George Washington and asserted that the "British government is a murder machine". [21]

He called the IRA "the legitimate voice of occupied Ireland."[22] A Northern Irish judge ordered King ejected from the former's courtroom, describing him as “an obvious collaborator with the IRA”.[13] King called himself "the Ollie North of Ireland."[20] King did not meet Gerry Adams until 1984, four years after his liaison with the IRA began [1]

and before that his links with the IRA were predominantly with its military, rather than the political wing, Sinn Fein. At this time he was friendly with Michael McKevitt, the common law partner of Bernadette Sands, sister of the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands. McKevitt was at the time a senior leader of the IRA and was its Quarter Master-General, in charge of arms acquisition. McKevitt planned a massive series of arms smuggling operations of weapons provided to the IRA by Libyan leader, Col. Muammar Gaddafi during the mid-1980's. During this time, King would stay in their home in Co. Louth while visiting Ireland and was also very close to the IRA's former Operations Officer in Belfast, Anto Murray, who was convicted in 1990 of kidnapping a suspected British spy. As Belfast Operations Officer, Murray planned or authorised every IRA bombing, shooting and killing in the city. King would stay with Murray and his wife Lucy during visits to Belfast and after Anto Murray was imprisoned, he hosted Lucy Murray on a tour of the Capitol when she visited the United States. [2]

He became involved with NORAID, an organization that the British, Irish and US governments accuse of financing IRA activities and providing them with weapons.[13][23][24][25] He was banned from appearing on British TV for his pro IRA views and refusing to condemn IRA activity in the UK.[13] When the Archbishop of New York embraced King at the city's St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Daily Mail "dedicated an entire editorial to the affair and called it the 'handshake of shame.'"[20]

In 1993, King lobbied for Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams to be a guest at the inauguration of President Bill Clinton.[20] In 2000, he called then-presidential candidate George W. Bush a tool of "anti-Catholic bigoted forces," after Bush visited Bob Jones University in South Carolina, "an institution that is notorious in Ireland for awarding an honorary doctorate to Northern Ireland's tempestuous Protestant leader, Ian Paisley."[13]

He stopped supporting the IRA after being offended by Irish public opposition to the invasion of Iraq, labelling it as begrudgery rather than suspicion of and opposition to the war.[13]

In 2008, King spoke in defense of bail for a fugitive IRA member, Pól Brennan, who had escaped from prison in the UK and been detained in Texas 15 years later. The IRA member, who had broken out of prison during the Maze Prison escape and entered America illegally,[26] was being held without bail after his work permit expired; King said: "My experience dealing with (Irish) republicans is that they don't jump bail in this country. They honor their commitments."[27]

From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_T._King#Support_for_the_IRA)

ELVIS
03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Is this an attempt to discredit the hearings on radical islam in this country ??

Nickdfresh
03-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I could never discredit and undermine these congressional assclown demagogues as well as hypocritical shitheads like Peter King discredit themselves....

We should ask British soldiers fighting "Islamic radicals" in Afghanistan what they feel about all this....

Seshmeister
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
It's amazing how ill-informed some American political figures were about Northern Ireland back in the day however you still get it today with Palestine.

There are various studies about how humans have an inbuilt wish to find evidence to support what they already think and to disregard opposing information leading to them to make logical errors.

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
It's amazing how ill-informed some American political figures were about Northern Ireland back in the day however you still get it today with Palestine.

There are various studies about how humans have an inbuilt wish to find evidence to support what they already think and to disregard opposing information leading to them to make logical errors.

I have a friend who was a missionary in Belfast in the 1980's. He can tell some stories. The building they lived in is where the IRA would take people behind and blow their lower leg off with a shotgun. One day all the windows blew out because a bomb went off. I always thought the Irish drank dark stout but he said they favored Foster's Lager which I found interesting.

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I lived in an Irish area in New York. It was fading but you still had Italian and Irish areas and there was still a rivalry going on. I liked the Italian food but I liked the Irish stout and whiskey so I hung in the Irish pub. Lot's of IRA or IRA sympathizers were in that place. I mean the USA loved the Irish terrorists and the Irish terrorists loved the USA. We were always told it was a prodestant vs. Catholic thing in school but talking to the guys from Ireland it was a break from the UK thing. To be honest, I think the fighting had gone on for so long, they forgot exactly what they were fighting over. Then the economy got better and they stopped fighting. Now since the Irish economy has gone to shit again, maybe the fighting will start again. But it does inspire great songs. Sunday Bloody Sunday and The invisible Sun.

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I went hunting with someone from Saudi Arabia this last fall. A friend of mine teaches at a university and they have lot's of middle eastern students. So he came up with one of his students who wanted to go elk hunting. Other than religion we pretty much like to do the same stuff and we got along fine. He had a gun so if he wanted to jihad our asses he could have done so. All I can say is they get great scholarships in Saudi Arabia that buy their car, gas, living expenses and tuition. The universities love Saudi students because they have money.

We have some oil fields here in the US in Utah, Colorado, the Dakotas, and Montana that the US Geological survey says makes the US the most oil rich nation in the world. We have 8x the oil of Saudi Arabia but very little of that money trickles down to us. So we are getting snookered and it's about time people wake up.

The Saudis are getting cheap gasoline and they can't even refine it themselves and free tuition, while we are paying out the ass and we have more resources.

FORD
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Saw the headline and thought there would be a Daily Show clip in here......

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='512' height='340'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-8-2011/peter-king-wants-to-investigate-any-american-muslim-who-is-not-actively-stopping-terrorist-plots-'>How Do You Solve a Problem Like Sharia?</a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:512px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:376580' width='512' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

chefcraig
03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Saw the headline and thought there would be a Daily Show clip in here...

I misread the headline and was hoping to find an exposé on the unctuous knothead who cluelessly "reports" for NBC and Sports Illustrated.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1076/pking.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/pking.jpg/)

bueno bob
03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Those fucking bullshit "meetings" are a nice fucking return to McCarthyism, now, aren't they? Who fucking needs evidence when there's fear to spread?

Cocksuckers.

FORD
03-10-2011, 02:18 PM
No, they're not cocksuckers. They're Kochsuckers. :blow:

Seshmeister
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
We have some oil fields here in the US in Utah, Colorado, the Dakotas, and Montana that the US Geological survey says makes the US the most oil rich nation in the world. We have 8x the oil of Saudi Arabia but very little of that money trickles down to us.

It must have been difficult having conversations with you pre internet when you just throw stuff out there all the time as fact.

There was a story a few years ago about possible big oil find but it didn't seem to come to anything.

http://www.greenbang.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/IEA-2010-WEO-Proven-Oil-Reserves.jpg

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

That chart above might be regarding reserves they considered obtainable with old drilling technology but we have some huge reserves in the western US. Not too long ago they were going around and talking about peak oil and now when I talk to Mobil oil employees they all a sudden are talking about how much oil we really have. So either the technology couldn't get it out of the ground or someone was lying their asses off and fudging the figures.

I know Saudi Arabia is pumping sea water into their wells and put out the same reserve numbers year after year. Maybe they are running out of oil but want to keep the illusion going until it actually happens.

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe we stole the middle east oil. The Nixon Administration made a deal with OPEC that if they bought our US Treasury Bonds we would not drill our oil and buy theirs. The only countries that didn't agree were Iran and Iraq. That's interesting. Now everyone knows the US Dollar's days are numbered so basically by devaluing the dollar we rob OPEC and then we bring our oil on line. The money is just paper anyways. The oil is the real wealth.

Look at US foreign policy since Nixon. It's all about oil. The rest of the world had to buy their oil in US dollars and that right there allowed us to live high on the hog and produce very little.

The US might have just ran the largest oil scam in world history. We will see.

Seshmeister
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM

How is 3 billion barrels equal to 8 times the 250 billion Saudi has?

Did you mix up 3 billion and 3 trillion?

That's quite a big mistake. :)

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Ever heard of the Bakken Formation?
GOOGLE it or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
The U.S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only
scientists and oilmen knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a
revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in
this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota; western South Dakota;
and extreme eastern Montana ... check THIS out:
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's
Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American
dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA)
estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is
recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base
worth more than $5.3 trillion.
'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see
their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.' says Terry Johnson, the
Montana Legislature's financial analyst.
'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field
found in the past 56 years,' reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's
a formation known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly
referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana,
through North Dakota and into Canada. For years, U.S.oil exploration
has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up
searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent
technological breakthrough ha s opened up the Bakken's massive
reserves... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And
because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost
Americans just $16 PER BARREL!
That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 41 years straight.
2. [And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one
should - because it's from TWO YEARS AGO, people!]
U.S.Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World!
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006 Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the
surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve
in the world is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005
President Bush
mandated its extraction.
They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders,
than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official
estimates:
-8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
-18-times as much oil a s Iraq
-21-times as much oil as Kuwait
-22-times as much oil as Iran
-500-times as much oil as Yemen- and it's all right here in the
Western United States.
HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this!? Because the
democrats, environmentalists and left wing republicans have blocked
all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil.
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil
in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2
TRILLION barrels. Untapped. That's more than all the proven oil
reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
----

I heard the same thing as above from a long-term Exxon/Mobil employees and also an employee of the US Department of Energy. All a sudden they are drilling the western US. A few years ago they were telling us there was no new oil. So something isn't connecting here. They are also building new refineries. I don't know if it's because of the BP spill but things are going nuts in the Western US oil industry.

I've heard all sorts of numbers from varying sources. The traditional numbers are the ones on the chart you posted. I'm just repeating what I've heard from people in the local area that work or do research for the big US oil companies. We have 8 times the oil reserves of Saudi Arabia is what I was told by two sources.

Nitro Express
03-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Exxon/Mobil has always had long-term ties with Chase bank which of course has ties to the US Federal Reserve Bank. US Federal Reserve Note has been the world oil reserve currency. The US banks and oil companies controlled the world's oil not OPEC through financial means. Now we are in a currency war with China and we are losing. The US is losing it's control over foreign oil so I think that is why ours is coming on line quickly. If you want a job in the oil industry, no problem, they are hiring like crazy right now.

BigBadBrian
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Support for the IRA

In the 1980s, King frequently traveled to Northern Ireland to meet with IRA members

The Kennedy's ponied up alot of funds for the IRA. :gun:

jhale667
03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Is this an attempt to discredit the hearings on radical islam in this country ??

In order to "discredit" them, they'd actually have to HAVE some credibility to begin with.... they don't.

Nickdfresh
03-10-2011, 09:54 PM
The Kennedy's ponied up alot of funds for the IRA. :gun:

A.) He's dead.

B.) He's not some douchebag hypowit chairing hearings on terrorism after having been and active supporter or it...

jacksmar
03-11-2011, 12:21 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/beachbumpatrick/asshole.jpg

Come visit Jackass Island where you’ll be automatically entered in the Westboro Baptist Church parade. Located off Tileel Beach, Sabrata, there are miles of sand to stick your head in. Visit other jackasses and say things like:

A zebra doesn't change its spots.
I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it.
The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.
My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway, in the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true.http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/florida-locked-loaded-and-gunning-for-sharia-law/suicide-islamization-of-the-west-3/

Nickdfresh
03-11-2011, 07:41 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/beachbumpatrick/asshole.jpg

Come visit Jackass Island where you’ll be automatically entered in the Westboro Baptist Church parade. Located off Tileel Beach, Sabrata, there are miles of sand to stick your head in. Visit other jackasses and say things like:

A zebra doesn't change its spots.
I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it.
The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.
My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway, in the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true.http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/florida-locked-loaded-and-gunning-for-sharia-law/suicide-islamization-of-the-west-3/

WTF are you even talking about? You make Nitro Express seem lucid....

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 08:04 PM
WTF are you even talking about? You make Nitro Express seem lucid....:biggrin:

Hide the women, drugs, and booze! Nitro is coming to town!

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Looks like the donkey is in the BBQ pit. Where's:biggrin: the fire?

FORD
03-11-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqtpArqQNh0

ELVIS
03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Enough with the child molester...

FORD
03-11-2011, 08:37 PM
That's out of line, Gregory. He's not even Catholic!

(But KKKing the IRA terrorist lover is :biggrin: )

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I have a great idea. Why don't we take the child molesters and crooks ruining our democratic republic and feed them to hogs. Then we feed the hungry with the bacon, ham, and pork chops. I believe in organic food and recycling.