PDA

View Full Version : Drill Baby Drill!

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Flaming water. Now you can have the Las Vegas Mirage fountain effects at home thank's to Dick Cheney and Haliburton's EPA exemption.

FORD
03-11-2011, 08:57 PM
See the movie "Gasland". There are a lot of people out there experiencing the same thing as this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe1AeH0Qz8

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
People in Wyoming are having the same problems. Someone sent me that Gasland movie. We have a lot of gas and oil and I wondered why they hadn't drilled it but maybe they couldn't get the ok on it because fracking its required to get through the shale. The key person responsible is Dick Cheney. He is a Wyoming native but he doesn't give a rat's ass about the ecology of his home state, it's people or anyone else for that matter. He really is the real life Darth Vader.

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Here's some good hypocrisy for you. John D. Rockefeller Jr. set up the Snake River Tittle Company and silently started buying up ranch property north of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Once he had all the land bought he wanted the US Government to make it a national park. The US Government refused initially and then gave in. That became Grand Teton National Park and the Rockefellers had their private ranches there. Also the Rockefellers have been known to award ranches to their cronies as thank you presents. That's how Dick Cheney and several Federal Reserve big wigs got theirs. They do the same in the Hudson Valley. The Clintons home there was purchased by the Rockefellers. What's ironic is this same family that seems so concerned to preserve the environment is also responsible for the fracking near what they tried to save. Areas around the Hudson Valley are having problems and Wyoming is having problems due to drilling. That one family probably has done more damage to the United States than any other old money. They are complete greedy nut balls.

ELVIS
03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Bullshit...

Nitro Express
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM

FORD
03-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Bullshit...

Why are you so defensive of the Rockefellers, the KKKoch Brothers, the BCE, and other assorted criminals who have been defrauding this country for a century or more? :confused13:

sadaist
03-11-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm still 100% for domestic oil drilling. But the "fracking" process that they do for natural gas is pretty gnarly shit. I don't know if I believe the water faucet catching fire thing though. Would be very easy to rig it to do that. Not that there is some horrific polluting happening....just not sold on this particular thing happening. I guess it's one of those things I gotta see for myself to believe.

FORD
03-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Problem is that most of the oil still available in the US and Canada is also in/under the rock just like the gas is, and the same "fracking" process is how they plan on getting it.

Obviously offshore drilling is NOT going to work. I like the Pacific Ocean just the way it is. Don't want it becoming another Dead Sea like the Gulf of Mexico. And the polar ice caps are melting fast enough as it is without the criminal bastards wiping out the caribou habitat and warming it up even more.

Now supposedly there are some perfectly good, land based, already drilled wells that the greedy bastards capped off, so they could go plunder the middle east. Those could probably be used without doing much more damage to the planet, I guess

Nitro Express
03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
When you look at the effort we put into developing an atomic bomb in secret and putting a man on the moon within a decade, we can get off fossil fuels. The easy to get at oil is drying up and we don't have the technology to safely get at the harder to get oil safely. Like Max Keiser said, the environment is the economy if you destroy your water, soil, and air then nothing else matters. I've been so sick I barely could breath and when you are that far gone all you care about is the next breath. You don't care about money, sex, or a nice Hawaiian vacation. All you care about is that next breath.

The problem is we have all these liars with their hidden agendas and their political media whores. They offer solutions like jobs, cheap energy, and even green energy but in reality some of that is a scam to steal your money and resources. So who do we trust? That's a huge problem.

We don't have leadership that has integrity and can make the challenge to get going on it and make the funding available. We are already hearing water will be the most scarce resource and starvation will increase if nothing is done. But nobody anyone trusts is there to get the program going. We have a huge ethics and leadership problem and unless that is somehow solved, we are cooked.

Nitro Express
03-12-2011, 01:24 AM
A lot of people saw Obama as the new ethical solution to the old corruption. What a joke that was.

Nitro Express
03-12-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm still 100% for domestic oil drilling. But the "fracking" process that they do for natural gas is pretty gnarly shit. I don't know if I believe the water faucet catching fire thing though. Would be very easy to rig it to do that. Not that there is some horrific polluting happening....just not sold on this particular thing happening. I guess it's one of those things I gotta see for myself to believe.

You have to be an expert on oil extraction technology and unfortunately the oil companies keep those cards close to the chest. We have to trust them whether the process is safe or not. They are running all sorts of wonderful PR ads here in Wyoming and I'll admit, I enjoy the low taxes and the financial stability the gas and oil brings. The reality is too many people around the wells are complaining about health hazards and these are people who initially welcomed the energy companies.

What worries me is the higher gas prices will make the average person who doesn't have flaming water or chemical contaminated soil and air not care as long as they think fracking is going to make their lives better because it isn't happening by them.

Nitro Express
03-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Problem is that most of the oil still available in the US and Canada is also in/under the rock just like the gas is, and the same "fracking" process is how they plan on getting it.

Obviously offshore drilling is NOT going to work. I like the Pacific Ocean just the way it is. Don't want it becoming another Dead Sea like the Gulf of Mexico. And the polar ice caps are melting fast enough as it is without the criminal bastards wiping out the caribou habitat and warming it up even more.

Now supposedly there are some perfectly good, land based, already drilled wells that the greedy bastards capped off, so they could go plunder the middle east. Those could probably be used without doing much more damage to the planet, I guess

In the late 70's and early 80's they were doing a ton of oil exploration in the rocky mountain states. My cousin even married one of the Mobil oil guys looking for oil in Utah. He still works in the oil industry and has gone all around the world. Name a major energy company he has probably worked for them.

We were told they looked and looked and didn't find anything. A few years ago they were talking about peak oil. Then after 2004 when Cheney got the Clean Water Act exemption it started to leak out we had a lot of oil. According to some sources the US has one of the worlds largest deposits of light sweet crude. You piece this all together and they couldn't develop the oil fields without fracking and they couldn't frack until they got exempt from the EPA and bought off the states. Then they went for it. They know it's dangerous because they had to get the EPA out of the way of what they were doing.

Nitro Express
03-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Why are you so defensive of the Rockefellers, the KKKoch Brothers, the BCE, and other assorted criminals who have been defrauding this country for a century or more? :confused13:

I don't know much about the Koch Brothers but my grandfather had some dealings with the Rockefellers and Harrimans. They were and are thugs. Interesting enough grandaddy Bush worked for the Harrimans. It's all about global power. Some of the richest families in the world have gotten together and have agreed to collude and privatize and globalize the world's resources and industries and take the control away from elected officials. You have seen it happening and it's getting worse. They are just going to do whatever they want and the average person will have no representation at all. They will just stand there helpless as the prices skyrocket and the quality of the goods and living standards become crap.