PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher's New Rules 3-11-11

FORD
03-13-2011, 03:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32rrH_wlCLk

BigBadBrian
03-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Liberals getting there news and talking points from Maher, Stewart, and other comedians. Liberal domestic and foreign policy is funny....funny as in odd...in a sick sort of way.

No, I obviously didn't watch this horseshit. Maher is as hypocritical as they come.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-13-2011, 10:44 AM
I can see your disdain for Maher, his schtick is opinion-based....

But Stewart, while still holding the "comedian" line, backs up the majority of his topics with video that contradicts their contention....

So while he may still be a comedian, and you don't agree with him, it's not like he's lying....

jhale667
03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I can see your disdain for Maher, his schtick is opinion-based....

But Stewart, while still holding the "comedian" line, backs up the majority of his topics with video that contradicts their contention....

So while he may still be a comedian, and you don't agree with him, it's not like he's lying....

Brie hates the messengers, but the truth hurts...and both Maher and Stewart deal in it.

Unchainme
03-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Colbert and Stewart are hillarious and get the point across quite well. Even if you disagree with what they say, they don't go out of the way to make you stupid for believing in what you believe in. They are like the good buddy you have who taps on the shoulder and say "Come on man, you're better than this".

Maher is pretty smug and not very funny. And I'd say the same sort of thing if he was right-wing, centrist or what-not. Dude's just not funny. He seems very bitter about what has happened in his life, and makes blanket statements about Christians and people on the Right. He considers them all morons and not subject to even have the right to be in the national debate. I'm actually still pretty pissed he took over Miller's show. (and to add, YES, Dennis was indeed better prior to 9/11)

hambon4lif
03-13-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm actually still pretty pissed he took over Miller's show. (and to add, YES, Dennis was indeed better prior to 9/11)Dennis Miller used to be hysterically funny in his stand-up and his weekly HBO show because he was blasting both sides of the aisle. He'd throw in various cultural references to point out the absolute absurdity of it all, and even if his rants were sometimes exaggerated, it was for effect, and you still got what he was trying to say.

He quit being funny (or making sense) the very minute he decided to go on Murdochs payroll as Bill O' Reillys 'Tonto'. He sold himself on the cheap and became the very moron he used to bash mercilessly on his old show, and his cultural references have gotten so scattered and obscure that nobody knows what the fuck he's talking about anymore. Now he's like the senile old man that lives at the end of the block who occasionally wanders out into the middle of the street with no pants on.

He either attempted to get so sophisticated with his humor that he lost his entire audience, or he's lock-stepping to somebody elses dark, twisted agenda. I think it's a combination of both. He short-circuited and sold-out at about the same exact time.
But I still remember how funny he was before his brain went permanently out-to-lunch.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

ELVIS
03-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Dennis Miller grew up and became conservative like a real man...

VanHalener
03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
... Maher is as hypocritical as they come.

I have a dream...

Maher and Hagar spontaneously combusting.

Phuckin' AWESOME dream, but hateful to wake from and find they are still around.

jhale667
03-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Correction:

Dennis Miller SOLD OUT and became conservative little bitch...

There, that's better.

hambon4lif
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Dennis Miller grew up and became conservative like a real man...That's such an empty meaningless statement coming from a punk that spews racial slurs on messageboards...

..I suppose you think the skell that torches the cross at your Klan meetings is a 'real man' too....

ELVIS
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
No, but I know your mom is a real man...

Dr. Love
03-14-2011, 02:37 PM
and how do you know she's a real man, Elvis? :D

FORD
03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
and how do you know she's a real man, Elvis? :D

Because when Elvis was a Nurse, he examined a lot of trannie hookers in the French Quarter. :biggrin:

FORD
03-14-2011, 03:15 PM
And not to get back on topic or anything, but since the douches at YouTubeGoogleINC deleted the original clip like a bunch of corporate whores, let's try this again......

<embed src="http://embed.crooksandliars.com/v/MTk5NjYtNDQ3MTY" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355" name="clembedhttp://embed.crooksandliars.com/v/MTk5NjYtNDQ3MTY" allowfullscreen="true" align="middle" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

There's no question that shows like "Undercover Boss" and "Secret Millionaire" are propaganda spews trying to convince the sheeple that the ultra rich are "good guys", and ignore the fact that (as Warren Buffett has said) "class warfare" has been going on for three decades, and the wrong class is winning.

Is it working? Just ask the idiots who continue to defend the KKKoch Brothers.

jhale667
03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Because when Elvis was a Nurse, he examined a lot of trannie hookers in the French Quarter. :biggrin:

:lmao:

Rumor has it a lot of those "examinations" took place in his trailer rather than at an actual medical facility, too... :turninggay:

FORD
03-14-2011, 03:34 PM
:lmao:

Rumor has it a lot of those "examinations" took place in his trailer rather than at an actual medical facility, too... :turninggay:

http://www.dacust.com/oddboats/images/full/redneck_houseboat_1.jpg

Really doesn't look like a very sterile environment. No telling what kind of infections those "girls" might have caught there.

jhale667
03-14-2011, 03:37 PM
:lol:

lesfunk
03-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I like the "Shine my Shoes Fuckface" bit. I laughed out loud at that.

ELVIS
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Hardy har har...

lesfunk
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
not quite but close

Unchainme
03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
There's no question that shows like "Undercover Boss" and "Secret Millionaire" are propaganda spews trying to convince the sheeple that the ultra rich are "good guys", and ignore the fact that (as Warren Buffett has said) "class warfare" has been going on for three decades, and the wrong class is winning.

Is it working? Just ask the idiots who continue to defend the KKKoch Brothers.

My question to Maher and several other celebrities like him , is, if you're so for government wealth retribution, why not practice what you preach and donate most of your millions to some form of charity for the poor in the inner city?

Hell, give some to me. I'm a poor college student, and would appreciate the opportunity to not have to pay for books or classes on campus

Dude is worth 13 million, if he's so into bridging the gap and distributing the wealth, why not make good on it and go by example?

Nitro Express
03-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Maher is pretty smug and not very funny. He always seems bitter and unhappy. He's trying to be intelligent and I see him TRYING to be George Carlin in some ways but Carlin was never smug. He wiped his ass with smug people.

I think what has kept Maher gong is he is a pretty good host. He's a sarcastic Pat Sajak.:biggrin: He was perfect for Politically Correct and it never was about Bill Maher, it was about the guest and Maher kept the conversation going. Without that he would have fell off the scene a long time ago.

ELVIS
03-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Dude is worth 13 million, if he's so into bridging the gap and distributing the wealth, why not make good on it and go by example?

No dude, he probably feels like he is small change and a hard working guy who gives himself and his "talent" to the people...

He wants to give other peoples money to the other disenfranchised people...

jhale667
03-15-2011, 08:51 PM
He's mentioned he donates to multiple charities on many occasions, so there goes that flimsy premise..

Unchainme
03-15-2011, 11:09 PM
He's mentioned he donates to multiple charities on many occasions, so there goes that flimsy premise..

It's not a matter of "if he donates".

Good for him.

I'm just saying, if he does, go ahead and live according to the rules you've presented to the rich. live only under that cap that you believe people should be allowed to make. If you believe that the rich making less money would truly benefit society as whole go out and prove it.

FORD
03-15-2011, 11:32 PM
It's not a matter of "if he donates".

Good for him.

I'm just saying, if he does, go ahead and live according to the rules you've presented to the rich. live only under that cap that you believe people should be allowed to make. If you believe that the rich making less money would truly benefit society as whole go out and prove it.

Proving it is easy. Compare where this country was before 1980 to where it is now, economically speaking. And I'm talking the big overall picture, not the right wing distortions of 1979 based on the BCE's games in Iran.