PDA

View Full Version : Here's what the Diceman has to say about Charlie Sheen.

BITEYOASS
03-20-2011, 03:06 PM
What the fuck is up with the eye patch?

hambon4lif
03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Georgie Porgie pudding and pie
jerked off in the Dicemans eye
when his eye was dried and shut
Georgie fucked that patch-eyed slut.......OH!

Alot of what he says about Chuckles is dead-on. It's the funniest shit he's said in years!

Seshmeister
03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
He lost me at 'greatest sitcom of this decade'.

Is he quite famous in the States? I think I saw him being really loud and unfunny about 20 years ago, not sure.

hambon4lif
03-20-2011, 09:22 PM

Is he quite famous in the States? I think I saw him being really loud and unfunny about 20 years ago, not sure.For a brief moment in the early 90's he was hyper-popular, but his ego wouldn't let him admit that mechanical bulls used to be hyper-popular too.

During his quick 15 minutes he did sell out Madison Square Garden 3 nights in a row, which is impressive when you consider it's just some dickhead standing onstage telling jokes.

His funniest moments were his on-air battles with Howard Stern, which unintentionally became pure comedy gold.

Seshmeister
03-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I think we're going through a similar thing here 15 years after it was done in the States where stand up is now being done in arenas although it's mainly a bit cleverer than the 'shock' stuff I hear he used to do.

I would still never go to it. I'm a comedy fan, I'll be at 4 stand up shows this month but I don't believe in comedy in venues bigger than a theatre.

That's not stand up it's a rally...

hambon4lif
03-20-2011, 10:01 PM
It's greed really. A quick cash-in on the mindless masses kind of thing.

Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce were the kings of the game. The intimacy of a club or theatre is what made it work. That interaction with the audience. To picture either of them trying to do their thing onstage at Wembley would be fucking ridiculous......

Nitro Express
03-20-2011, 11:14 PM

Is he quite famous in the States? I think I saw him being really loud and unfunny about 20 years ago, not sure.

Dice always seemed like a big Fonzi with a dirty mouth. The type of dude that would mouth off on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn in the 50's.

Kristy
03-21-2011, 12:22 AM
He's looking white trash as ever

Nitro Express
03-21-2011, 12:43 AM
He tried to make a comeback and failed on reality TV and was argumentative with hosts of shows he was on. Dice Clay was a particularly ugly ship to watch sink but he's sunk now.

sadaist
03-21-2011, 04:33 AM
His funniest moments were his on-air battles with Howard Stern, which unintentionally became pure comedy gold.

Remember the feud with Sam Kinnison?

RIP Sam. You were the best!

FORD
03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Never thought Clay was funny. Not even remotely so.

Now Kinison, Hell yeah. Satan keeps telling me he's gonna send up some of Sam's recent stuff, but the fucking red bastard never does.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-21-2011, 01:50 PM
During his quick 15 minutes he did sell out Madison Square Garden 3 nights in a row, which is impressive when you consider it's just some dickhead standing onstage telling jokes.

Not very many comedians will ever be able to say that....

hambon4lif
03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
RIP Sam. You were the best!.....I still love this song!

chefcraig
03-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Dice always seemed like a big Fonzi with a dirty mouth. The type of dude that would mouth off on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn in the 50's.

Yeah, that was Dennis Miller's line, "Fonzi with Tourette's syndrome". Outside of a couple minutes during the Diceman Cometh HBO show, there wasn't much there. It's odd what seemed so amusing at the time hasn't aged all that well, then again maybe that's just me. His impressions however, were (and still are) on the mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDMs-UO1jxM

Terry
03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Never thought Clay was funny. Not even remotely so.

Now Kinison, Hell yeah. Satan keeps telling me he's gonna send up some of Sam's recent stuff, but the fucking red bastard never does.

Clay was funny the first couple of times I saw him, but I never really understood why he became so popular...same with Dane Cook. I wouldn't say both those guys were "unfunny" but I still can't see how what they did translated into selling out huge venues like MSG.

Sesh is right: comedy works best in small theaters.

lesfunk
03-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Dice is lucky that he was ever had success in comedy. He is the comedic version of the "Where's the beef?" lady or Mr. Whipple asking people "Please don't squeeze the charmin".
In fact, I think Mr. Whipple had a much longer career than the "Diceman"

Seshmeister
03-24-2011, 06:34 AM
I saw Doug Stanhope this week. Possibly the best stand up show I've ever seen.

ELVIS
03-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Beep...beep...beep...beepbeep...beep...beepbeep... help too...

That's all I heard...

:elvis:

fryingdutchman
03-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Funny how Dice rags on Gilbert Gottfried.

But I guess at one time Dice liked him enough to put him in the movies. Anybody remember that piece of shit movie that Dice released at the pinnacle of his fame?

"The Adventures of Ford Fairlane." If memory serves, Gilbert played a disc jockey...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KDAK76S7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

But in the end, Sam Kinison will ALWAYS be the greatest shock/insult comic of all time.

I still miss Sam....

chefcraig
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Funny how Dice rags on Gilbert Gottfried.

But I guess at one time Dice liked him enough to put him in the movies.

There was a backlash against Clay by several comedians around the time of that movie. I can't recall precisely what triggered it, but this clip might have had something to do with Dice's feelings for Gottfried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftMb7wLrqsw

BITEYOASS
03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
I love this impersonation of Andrew Dice Clay on Opie & Anthony:

Nitro Express
03-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Sam cracked me up when he played the crazy professor.

Seshmeister
03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
There was a backlash against Clay by several comedians around the time of that movie. I can't recall precisely what triggered it, but this clip might have had something to do with Dice's feelings for Gottfried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftMb7wLrqsw

Ahhhhh I remember Clay's act now.

Funny as a tumour.

hideyoursheep
04-02-2011, 09:09 PM

The jacket doesn't fit anymore...probably the only thing made of leather he can fit around his fat ass! :lol:

Dice? Man, when he first came out ,I thought he was hilarious. He's like the first "blue collar comedian". He was on that level, that's why so many people identified with him at first...problem is, we grew out of it, and his act never did. Just the "Don Rickles meets Fonzie" routine...that's all he's got.

...and he is dead-on about Sheen. Why someone besides him hasn't come out and said it yet, I have no idea...the Sheen situation is just too obvious.

hideyoursheep
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I think we're going through a similar thing here 15 years after it was done in the States where stand up is now being done in arenas although it's mainly a bit cleverer than the 'shock' stuff I hear he used to do.

I would still never go to it. I'm a comedy fan, I'll be at 4 stand up shows this month but I don't believe in comedy in venues bigger than a theatre.

That's not stand up it's a rally...

You're right about that..stand-up isn't really for arenas...it IS more like a rally.

Hey!...Is it true Scotland is going to remove the statue of William Wallace and replace it with a statue of Billy Connolly?:biggrin:

Seshmeister
04-03-2011, 05:54 AM
I would be happy with that. There is a dumb statue for the tourists which looks like Mel Gibson.

The Wallace monument is pretty cool though.

When I took the kids there though they asked where Gromit's monument was...

http://wapedia.mobi/thumb/3ad1500/en/fixed/470/352/Wfm_wallace_monument.jpg

Seshmeister
04-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Back on topic apparently Charlie's new career as a stand up hasn't started well.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110402/ENT03/110402017/Live-blog-Fans-angered-stunned-curtain-closes-Charlie-Sheen-show

Anyone that bought a ticket deserves what they get IMHO.

BITEYOASS
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Speaking of Sam Kinison, here is what happens when some douchebag in an Andrew Dice Clay t-shirt walks to the stage. It starts around the 9:45 mark: