PDA

View Full Version : RIP Elizabeth Taylor

Hardrock69
03-23-2011, 09:25 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/03/23/obit.elizabeth.taylor/?hpt=T1

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Elizabeth Taylor, the legendary actress famed for her beauty, her jet-set lifestyle, her charitable endeavors and her many marriages, has died, her publicist told CNN Wednesday. She was 79.

Taylor died "peacefully today in Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles," said a statement from her publicist. She was hospitalized six weeks ago with congestive heart failure, "a condition with which she had struggled for many years. Though she had recently suffered a number of complications, her condition had stabilized and it was hoped that she would be able to return home. Sadly, this was not to be."

Though a two-time Oscar winner -- for "Butterfield 8" (1960) and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" (1966) -- Taylor was more celebrated for simply being Elizabeth Taylor: sexy, glamorous, tempestuous, fragile, always trailing courtiers, media and fans. She wasn't above playing to that image -- she had a fragrance called "White Diamonds" -- or mocking it.

"I am a very committed wife," she once said. "And I should be committed too -- for being married so many times."

ELVIS
03-23-2011, 09:45 AM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/27/2785/CJRTD00Z/posters/elizabeth-taylor.jpg

:elvis:

sadaist
03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
79 is a very good run. Being sick for many of those years however is not. RIP Liz. I think I'm gonna watch Cleopatra this week now.

Matt White
03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Hollywood ICON......

RIP Liz

Va Beach VH Fan
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
What a beautiful woman, RIP....

VanHalener
03-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd still hit it:hitch:

~RIP Liz~

binnie
03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
RIP.

One of the last icons from a golden era.

Nitro Express
03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
I'd still hit it:hitch:

~RIP Liz~

She looks too much like my mom. I will just have to go with another classic bang fantasy.

Halen High
03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm a huge fan of Classic Hollywood and Elizabeth Taylor. Very sad to hear of her passing. I particularly loved her work in Giant, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and, of course, A Place in the Sun with Montgomery Clift.

If you are a fan of hers or you just enjoy reading great biographies, I can recommend 'Elizabeth' by J. Randy Taraborrelli.

Terry
04-02-2011, 09:13 PM
She was stunning...even all the way up to the mid-1980s, when she dried out at Betty Ford and lost a decent amount of weight after two decades of sporatic binge drinking with Richard Burton.

In a way it is comforting that she passed away, as it was a bit sad how she had been ill for so long and the supermarket tabloid rags would continue to periodically publish pictures of her in her withered condition.

Halen High
04-04-2011, 12:52 AM
She was stunning...even all the way up to the mid-1980s, when she dried out at Betty Ford and lost a decent amount of weight after two decades of sporatic binge drinking with Richard Burton.

In a way it is comforting that she passed away, as it was a bit sad how she had been ill for so long and the supermarket tabloid rags would continue to periodically publish pictures of her in her withered condition.

Yes she was still stunning in the mid-80s. And you are right about her passing probably being for the best. I saw photos of her about a year ago and she looked very frail. She was confined to a wheel-chair and for someone with her zest for life it was sad to see her that way.