PDA

View Full Version : How not to order food at Burger King

jacksmar
03-24-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Video_shows_spring_break_brawl_at_PCB_Burger_King_ 118505599.html

This place got trashed!

VAiN
03-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Say what you will, but black people in the south just don't know how to act. I mean, seriously - who does this and thinks they'll just walk out??

lesfunk
03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Is there any wonder why there's still racism?

hambon4lif
03-24-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Video_shows_spring_break_brawl_at_PCB_Burger_King_ 118505599.html

This place got trashed!hmmmm....I see.

Is starting this thread an attempt to shed your racist image?

binnie
03-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Is there any wonder why there's still racism?

Nope: it's due to insecurity and small mindedness.

chefcraig
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Nope: it's due to insecurity and small mindedness.

Not at all, binnie. Read what my fellow long suffering Floridian VAiN posted:

Say what you will, but black people in the south just don't know how to act. I mean, seriously - who does this and thinks they'll just walk out??

The truth is, the phenomenon is something that literally needs to be seen to be believed. If you haven't experienced it first-hand, there is no way I could convince you of what goes on. Look, I'm perfectly aware that this comes off as being borderline (let alone overtly) racist, but a percentage of Southern blacks behave sub-humanly in public. I'm not kidding, nor am I implying that all people of color act this way in this state. I'm also not speaking of common rudeness, which is pretty much inherent to everyone else that lives here. (If you think I'm joking, try merging onto one of the highways here. Helpful hint from your Uncle chef: A loaded gun works better than a turn signal.) What I am getting at is an unfathomable need to act out, be it caused by too much sunshine on their skulls, a poor diet, years of generational ignorance or Christ knows what. This is accompanied by a truly bizarre sense of entitlement to go with the total lack of conscience. It's fucking nuts to see. Every little inconvenience is viewed seemingly as some sort of personal slight, be it something so minor as having a cashier forget to throw in a ketchup package into a take out order (which probably is what took place here) to being asked to leave the premises because the store is closing. Whatever the issue, it is met with an improbable and totally inappropriate reaction, which usually ends with raised voices, property or physical damage or in some cases, all three. And at no time are they ever willing to accept responsibility for their own actions.

This group of people is a gigantic pain in the ass to service workers, retail employees, the police, society in general and truthfully, anyone unfortunate enough to have to encounter them. They create havoc wherever they go, and seem to care less who is affected by their actions. Having an open mind and trying to be understanding will only take you so far when attempting to cope with them, so nine times out of ten most people simply acquiesce to them just to be done dealing with them. It is an appalling state of affairs, and feeling insecure about the situation is a logical and downright practical way of feeling about it.

ashstralia
03-24-2011, 07:21 PM
after watching a brilliant doco on dr. martin luther king, that's depressing.:(

VAiN
03-24-2011, 07:23 PM
a truly bizarre sense of entitlement to go with the total lack of conscience. It's fucking nuts to see.

This.

You nailed it on the head, Chef! Bravo, very well stated and VERY accurate. It's easy to call racism, but it's really not. How many times do you burn yourself until you stop playing with fire? I've learned to avoid them as much as possible. They know the average white guy is pretty much afraid of them because they do not give a fuck about anything.
I've lived here for more than 30 years, so trust me when I say we have a special breed down here, it's just simply amazing. I honestly feel bad for my friends who have young children down here - I can't imagine what public schools are like now. Until the black 'community' recognizes the problem and actually deals with it head-on, it'll just keep getting worse.

sadaist
03-24-2011, 07:25 PM

lesfunk
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM

binnie
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Not at all, binnie. Read what my fellow long suffering Floridian VAiN posted:

The truth is, the phenomenon is something that literally needs to be seen to be believed. If you haven't experienced it first-hand, there is no way I could convince you of what goes on. Look, I'm perfectly aware that this comes off as being borderline (let alone overtly) racist, but a percentage of Southern blacks behave sub-humanly in public. I'm not kidding, nor am I implying that all people of color act this way in this state. I'm also not speaking of common rudeness, which is pretty much inherent to everyone else that lives here. (If you think I'm joking, try merging onto one of the highways here. Helpful hint from your Uncle chef: A loaded gun works better than a turn signal.) What I am getting at is an unfathomable need to act out, be it caused by too much sunshine on their skulls, a poor diet, years of generational ignorance or Christ knows what. This is accompanied by a truly bizarre sense of entitlement to go with the total lack of conscience. It's fucking nuts to see. Every little inconvenience is viewed seemingly as some sort of personal slight, be it something so minor as having a cashier forget to throw in a ketchup package into a take out order (which probably is what took place here) to being asked to leave the premises because the store is closing. Whatever the issue, it is met with an improbable and totally inappropriate reaction, which usually ends with raised voices, property or physical damage or in some cases, all three. And at no time are they ever willing to accept responsibility for their own actions.

This group of people is a gigantic pain in the ass to service workers, retail employees, the police, society in general and truthfully, anyone unfortunate enough to have to encounter them. They create havoc wherever they go, and seem to care less who is affected by their actions. Having an open mind and trying to be understanding will only take you so far when attempting to deal with them, so nine times out of ten most people simply acquiesce to them just to be done dealing with them. It is an appalling state of affairs, and feeling insecure about the situation is a logical and downright practical way of feeling about it.

I respect you Chef - but are there not also a minority of white people who 'act out' in public and have a massive sense of entitlement? I'm not denying that such behaviour is disgusting, but is it race related? Surely not?

(I would also like to clarify that my original comment was not meant as a slight against anyone who has posted in this thread.)

Dan
03-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Hose That Bitch Down With the Fire Hose on the Wall.:D

VAiN
03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm not denying that such behaviour is disgusting, but is it race related? Surely not?

Around here it sure seems like it is. Here's an interesting stat that's a few years old, but still very valid:

Florida has a Black population that equals 14%, yet a Black prison population that is 54%. Blacks in that state have a majority only in the prison population.

Blaze
03-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I think it is certain sorts, specifically supremacist.
I have moved around the south. One thing I did notice was some sections have a worse problem of supremest than others of varying kinds.

The subject Negro supremacist simply has not been fully discussed openly as Caucasoid supremacist.

If you want enlightenment on the subject read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_supremacy

The Moors are especially grotesque. It is equivalent in grotesqueness as some of the worse Caucasoid supremacist.

VAiN
03-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Or maybe it's just Burger King...

Woman Brawls Over $1 Burger King Sandwich (http://www.wftv.com/news/27145913/detail.html)

binnie
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
It is actually common for ethnic minorities to make up a disproportionate percentage of the prison population. Some say that is due to 'racisim' in the police/judicial system. More likely, however, is that they are from poorer areas - more poverty = more crime.

These things are usually environmental and cultural: minorities are not someone genetically predisposed to bad behaviour and criminal activity.

chefcraig
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
...are there not also a minority of white people who 'act out' in public and have a massive sense of entitlement? I'm not denying that such behaviour is disgusting, but is it race related? Surely not?

(I would also like to clarify that my original comment was not meant as a slight against anyone who has posted in this thread.)

Of course there is, yet my perspective is addressing only what I cope with nearly everyday at work. You see, constantly coming into contact with the general public is highly revealing of the basic tendencies of human nature, and while I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of white customers that have acted questionably where I work since the beginning of the year, I could just as easily lose count the number of incidents involving the folks I was initially referring to in the same time period. And to be honest, I remember the white nitwits because they do stand out by comparison, as they are an aberration, and not the norm.

VAiN
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM
minorities are not someone genetically predisposed to bad behaviour and criminal activity.

No, it's learned behavior.

binnie
03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Of course there is, yet my perspective is addressing only what I cope with nearly everyday at work. You see, constantly coming into contact with the general public is highly revealing of the basic tendencies of human nature, and while I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of white customers that have acted questionably where I work since the beginning of the year, I could just as easily lose count the number of incidents involving the folks I was initially referring to in the same time period. And to be honest, I remember the white nitwits because they do stand out by comparison, as they are an aberration, and not the norm.

Well, if you will work at Burger King Chef that is bound to happen :D

It's interesting though isn't it: I worked in a record store for 7 years and almost every asshole was white, very middle/upper middle class, and middle aged. I suppose the stereotypical 'difficult' custom would be teenaged, or poor. Never the case in my experience. I never noticed a particular 'ethnic' pressence in misbehaviour, however.

VAiN
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
It's interesting though isn't it: I worked in a record store for 7 years and almost every asshole was white, very middle/upper middle class, and middle aged. I suppose the stereotypical 'difficult' custom would be teenaged, or poor. Never the case in my experience. I never noticed a particular 'ethnic' pressence in misbehaviour, however.

That IS interesting.. but what state was that in? How long ago was it? Dealing with a middle/upper class white guy who's being a dick is a far cry from dealing with those we're discussing here... You probably never feared for your life in that record shop... like I do at say, the Walgreens that's at the entrance of my condo development:

Broward Sheriff's Office deputy gunned down outside Pompano Walgreens three years ago (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-reyka-most-wanted-20110305,0,2587014.story)

This is where I buy beer, munchies, etc... They gunned down a goddamn cop - what chance do I have????

Blaze
03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I always found doctors to be the most difficult people.
In New Orleans, a significant amount of staff simply would not show up when a doctor's convention was scheduled for New Orleans.

binnie
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
That IS interesting.. but what state was that in? How long ago was it? Dealing with a middle/upper class white guy who's being a dick is a far cry from dealing with those we're discussing here... You probably never feared for your life in that record shop... like I do at say, the Walgreens that's at the entrance of my condo development:

Broward Sheriff's Office deputy gunned down outside Pompano Walgreens three years ago (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-reyka-most-wanted-20110305,0,2587014.story)This is where I buy beer, munchies, etc... They gunned down a goddamn cop - what chance do I have????

It was in the UK, and only around 5 years ago.

No, I never feared for my life. But then again guns are not readily available here, which drastically reduces the chance of death :D

The worst I ever got was a guy spitting at me for not stocking a particular Erasure record. I mean Erasure, for fuck's sake!

chefcraig
03-24-2011, 08:13 PM

To reiterate what VAiN and I have both been saying, you really have to see it to believe it. Look, when dealing with the public, you tend to bend over backward for the customer because you want to keep their business, particularly in times such as these. It does me no favors by treating someone any differently because of the color of their skin, as the only important color is green. Having said that, there are some people that even though I'd prefer they took their business elsewhere, financial matters make the thought completely impractical. And to a degree, I believe many of these jerks are aware of this and behave so poorly merely because they can do so. Who needs the grief? No one, but it would be fiscally suicidal to turn them away. It's a classic Catch 22 situation, where you are pretty much fucked either way.

Kristy
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Apart from thew ethnic views I believe this type of behavior can cross over into any cultural and racial populace. With talk of food shortages and food prices jumping by 20% "experts" say (whomever the experts are) the civilization here in America is seven meals away from rioting in the street. It could easily happen.

VAiN
03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
The worst I ever got was a guy spitting at me for not stocking a particular Erasure record. I mean Erasure, for fuck's sake!

Oh man, Erasure fans are the worst... I hate them.

That's right - I'm a bandist. There, I said it.

Kristy
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Break these chains of loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove! Nothing like gay passe trendy pop.

FORD
03-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Erasure wasn't so bad. They actually sounded better when they briefly traded in the synthesizers for acoustic guitars.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocbRl0_Dwzk

binnie
03-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh man, Erasure fans are the worst... I hate them.

That's right - I'm a bandist. There, I said it.

I happened to be taking a drink when I read that......I almost choked :D

sadaist
03-24-2011, 09:18 PM
blah blah blah - explanation - blah blah blah - apology - blah blah blah - explanation - blah blah blah - closing statement

You ever long for the good old days when your first 5,000 posts were simply "I'd hit it"? No controversy in those posts....at least once we all became privy to the fact that you are a male slut. (I was gonna say whore, but whores charge for their services. I have the feeling you are giving yours away for free.)

:hee:

VAiN
03-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Oh man.. just one more..

Read through this, it reads like a Daily Show skit or Chappelle's Show's 'When keeping it real goes wrong'

When Keeping it Real goes Wrong (http://www.dumpalink.com/videos/Comedy-When-Keeping-it-Real-goes-Wrong-bcb2.html)...

you can't make this shit up!

BK Brawler Busted For Fast Food Outburst (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/florida/meet-panama-city-bk-brawler-653092)

lesfunk
03-25-2011, 02:37 AM
FUCK THAT! I don't like people playin on my phone

binnie
03-25-2011, 04:53 AM
You ever long for the good old days when your first 5,000 posts were simply "I'd hit it"? No controversy in those posts....at least once we all became privy to the fact that you are a male slut. (I was gonna say whore, but whores charge for their services. I have the feeling you are giving yours away for free.)

:hee:

That's former male slut. I have been tamed/imprisoned/broken (delete as appropriate). :D

Not too sure there's anything 'controversial' about what I said - no racism here.

Sam42
03-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Fuck, you want to see bad just hop on the 12 and come to Baton Rouge La. Ever since Katrina happened and the shit hole that was the lower ninth ward made a lot and i mean a lot of of blacks move into the city and surrounding areas, you can see shit like that each and every day. Hell, i think BR is at the top of the nation for murders already. Hey, I'm not racist, but it's hard to deal with a particular race of people, especially if they have always been taught to be thugs and punks. I own a few self and automated car wash's that have a pretty high black clientele and i would say only about 2 or 3 percent have the common sense and decency to do the right things while using my equipment. the worst thing is the trash that they leave behind. I can see having some but when you can fill up 2 or 3 cans full and leave almost the same amount all over the ground 10 minutes after the place was cleaned up, you can see where I'm going. So yes, not sure of how blacks act up north, but down here, you have to see them to believe it.

Anonymous
03-25-2011, 06:56 PM
This shit needs to stop.

Blacks deserve to be slighted & made fun of just like everyone else.

The fact that you're called a racist just because you glance at a black is what enables these situations. However, the average black these days is MUCH more racist than the average white.

And it doesn't help that they can get away with everything just because you'll be accused of racism if you backtalk.

In fact, I'm not a a violent person, but I think I'll start hitting people who shout "racist" at every opportunity.

I'll go one further - if I say something like "fucking blacks" or "shitty yellow prick" when I'm pissed off, it's really just natural that the outburst of rage will contain the most noticeable differences, however superficial, of the individual I'm mad at, when compared to myself. It doesn't not imply, in any way or form, that I consider them to be any more different of me than what I have already stated.

In other words, if you call me a racist and/or intolerant because I call a black black or a homo a faggot, then you're a stupid arsehole that needs to be beaten up severely, because YOU are the reason things are so fucked up these days.

That said, why the fuck do jews like to make fun of everyone else but can't accept when someone else makes fun of them?

Fucking pricks!

Cheers! :bottle: