PDA

View Full Version : Cheesus Christ !!

Panamark
03-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Holy Intervention via a pizza oven ??

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/03/30/1226030/699420-jesus-in-a-pizza.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/face-of-jesus-christ-appears-in-three-cheese-pizza/story-e6frflri-1226030824138

The face of Jesus in a three-cheese pizza made at Posh Pizza in New Farm, Brisbane. Source: Supplied
ALL hail Lord Cheesus - the holy apparition that appeared in a pizza.

In a purported "miracle'', the face of Jesus Christ has appeared on a three-cheese pizza made at Posh Pizza in New Farm, Brisbane.

The shop, in the city's Fortitude Valley, has put the slice on eBay, and as of this morning bidding was up to $65.

All proceeds raised will go to a charity to be decided once the pizza is auctioned.

Posh Pizza's Maree Phelan said her pizza oven was seemingly blessed with the presence of Jesus Christ, who chose a three cheese pizza as his medium.

Phelan isn't convinced it's the son of God, but she's certain it got there on its own.

"I can definitely say this isn't a fake,'' she said.

"The three-cheese pizza always comes out with very different colours.''

It's already proven a good luck charm.

"After discovering it, the owner of the store parked in a loading zone and didn't get a parking ticket,'' they wrote on eBay.

There is debate as to whether the face resembles Jesus Christ or other well-known bearded men, with Kings of Leon lead singer Caleb Followill a favoured candidate, with actor Viggo Mortensen and a long-haired Christian Bale popular choices.

''It's open to interpretation as many of these crazy, out there things are,'' Phelan said.

Australian Catholic University associate professor and director of the Institute for Catholic Identity and Mission, Patrick McArdle, said the pizza was "almost definitely not a miracle'' and would be hard to prove.

''There are a lot of misunderstandings in the making of saints and miracles,'' he said.

He said generally only "medical miracles'', such as healings, were accepted by the Catholic Church because those incidents could be tested using scientific means.

"We often rely on medical miracles because there is scientific proof it can't be explained by conventional science, that's where the validity comes from,'' he said.

"You have to understand we can't apply that kind of rigour to a piece of cheese,'' he said.

McArdle said it was harmless fun.

"We Catholics can have a laugh at this, but if that image leads you to a deeper level of faith, or just a sense that Jesus is part of your life, then it can't be a bad thing,'' he said. "Faith is best shared around a meal at the dinner table.''

Australian Skeptics vice-president Richard Saunders put the apparition down to random chance.

''When you think about the hundreds of thousands of pizzas that are made every single day, statistically one of them is bound to vaguely resemble a face,'' he said.

The vacuum-packed pizza is on sale at eBay until 5.40pm.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/face-of-jesus-christ-appears-in-three-cheese-pizza/story-e6frflri-1226030824138#ixzz1I54Za4G3

Panamark
03-30-2011, 07:25 AM
They tell me Mary appears on the garlic bread for an extra $1.50.

This is disturbing, surely that face should be Spammy ?

Halen High
03-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Your back mate! Where the bloody hell have you been? There's a whole thread about you.

And just in time for the new VH album.

Is that pizza for real?

Panamark
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
G'day HH

Life caught up with me, long story.
I think Im all better now, family all good, work all good..

Just bought a farm on the NSW north coast
last few days at the old posting station. Thought I should post a few more
times, for old times sakes under the Sydney address,

When I get all my stuff setup up at Panamark's
Howdy Doody Mountain will be dropping in again....

Hope you are well mate !! and all the Rotharians :)

Panamark
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Pizza is for real ! Its on Ebay at the moment :lol:

Halen High
03-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Great to hear! Don't stay away too long. I think it's gonna be a very interesting year for all us loyalists.

Are you anywhere near Byron Bay? Love that part of the world. My wife and I were there a couple of years ago with some friends - just beautiful. Watched the dolphins surfing from high up near the lighthouse.

Panamark
03-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Yup,

Byron is about an hour and a bit from us... Still sussing all that out, we are kinda
remote, property is 35 acres, but surrounded by 1000's of acres of State forrest
we can use. Will be taking my family to Byron as she has never seen it, I love it
too.....

Halen High
03-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Sounds great. Oh and if you get to Byron say g'day to Olivia NJ for us!

Dr. Love
03-30-2011, 10:21 AM
looks shopped

PETE'S BROTHER
03-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Yup,

Byron is about an hour and a bit from us... Still sussing all that out, we are kinda
remote, property is 35 acres, but surrounded by 1000's of acres of State forrest
we can use. Will be taking my family to Byron as she has never seen it, I love it
too.....

congrats! enjoy your new spread....

VanHalener
03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Why does every bearded dude that shows up on food have to be Jesus. Jesus is not the only one out there with a beard and long hair. Show me a pizza with some ID and a face. ;)
Maybe it's just some dude name Jake.

~Just sayin'~

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Looks like Michael Jackson...

Wow, 35 acres ???

elvis:

FORD
03-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Even the Lord gets tired of eating nothing but loaves, fishes, and those little crackers the Catholics pass around at mass. Of course He's going to want a pizza once in a while.

"This is My body. Hold the anchovies......"

Hardrock69
03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Congrats Mark! Hows PanaMatt doing these days? Bet he is gonna love the big adventure a move like that is gonna bring! :D

lesfunk
03-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Buddha is Gouda

Diamondjimi
03-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Good to see Mark. Don't be a stranger...

fryingdutchman
03-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Welcome home, Markie!

Glad to hear that all is well down under.

It was getting worrisome, with the floods and earthquakes and such. Although having Jesus' face appear on an Aussie pizza can't be a good sign about the future!!!

Hit the market and stock up....methinks that the famine can't be far off.

And if you see any swirling, dark clouds on the horizon, it may be a plague of locusts....

My best to you, Mary, and the kid!

ELVIS
03-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Maybe it's Russell Brand

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/03/30/1226030/699420-jesus-in-a-pizza.jpghttp://www.spreadit.org/pics/Russell-Brand.jpg

:elvis: