PDA

View Full Version : Obama loses again

jacksmar
04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/04/us-usa-guatanamo-mohammed-idUSTRE7333RI20110404

Reuters - In a reversal for President Barack Obama, the United States will try self-professed September 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-conspirators at Guantanamo Bay and not in New York as Obama had hoped.

Obama, who has tried and failed to close the prison at a U.S. Navy base on Cuba, had planned to send the five suspects to New York for a civilian trial in a court near the site of the World Trade Center that was destroyed in the attacks.

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/scarborough-obama-promised-to-close-gitmo/6bwib3n

Ubama lies. Gitmo prisoners will die.:fighting0043:

kwame k
04-05-2011, 12:31 PM

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Kwame, noticed that myself. It’s pretty funny the assholes that lined up to shout the most hateful shit about Bush/Cheney but when the muzzie Kenyan Houseboy and Joke Bidumb send some piece of shit muzzies to the gallows, not fucking word.

The assholes on this site stood by the Code Pinks and even the little asshole that was featured on Nickelodeon protesting Gitmo. The hypocrisy is deafening.

Crickets indeed.

Fuck Ubama.

Nitro Express
04-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I used to rent to a guy like Obama. He seemed articulate and well dressed when I rented to him. He talked big and had big plans. He moved in and the he continued to talk big while borrowing huge sums of money trying to run his business. It turned out he couldn't pay the rent in the end and I evicted his ass. He spent a fortune remodeling my building but the new tenant didn't want any of the so called improvements and tore them all out. The big difference is the new replacement was very quiet and paid their rent every month. I will take substance over bullshit any day.

kwame k
04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I guess I'm remembering when Obama set about trying to close Gitmo down........the outrage of the people who just about pissed themselves when they wanted to put some of the prisoners on trial in NYC. The media went ballistic, Senators pontificating on the whole tap dance and the outrage of the average American people.

Remember when they wanted to shut down Gitmo and move all the prisoners here. Certain States flipped out and while a few States said, "Fuck it, we'll take 'em", the overwhelming census was....."No fucking way".

The absolute mess the Bush Administration left us with makes the problem a legal and Habeas Corpus nightmare.

OK, we put everyone on trial:

A) Where will the trials be held.........not in NYC, that's for sure and it'll only take how many years and millions of dollars to actually pick a place we all agree on.

B) How will the trials be conducted.....is it a military court, criminal court, tennis court or what!

C) What rights will the defendants have.......this is a legal nightmare because we have already taken away their writ of Habeas Corpus so, will they get to hire lawyers? What evidence will be made available to the defendants and what evidence will be suppressed because of national security claims or means and methods of gathering information?

D) How about civil suits if defendant's are found innocent........everyone in Gitmo is not a "terraist" and dozens of people, after years of incarceration, have been released. Most weren't guilty of anything and can they sue for unlawful imprisonment.

E) What do we do with the truly guilty ones and what do with the innocent ones.

F) How about something as simple as....to Televise or not to Televise? If you bring the cameras in will it inflame the entire Middle East? Will it cause the piss poor peace we have in Iraq and Afghanistan to erode, causing riots and attacks on Americans in these regions and the puppet governments we installed over there?

This list could keep going when you stop and think of the simple legal ramifications of closing Gitmo and the amount of money and time to sort this all out, you come away with....... a classic example of how bad of a mess the Bush Administration left us in:pullinghair:

We'll have to face a truth that the American People seldom like to face......we did to people what we condemn in other Countries! The truths we hold so dear are lacking when fear comes into the equation. We'll have to admit to the World that....."Sorry guys! We freaked out a bit after 9/11".

They've just got around to figuring out "How" to try the co-conspirators of 9/11.......and these are the guys that said, "Yep, we did it", a decade to bring them to trial? And that's having a Repuke President, Demo President, Repuke majority and a Demo Majority!!!!!

So my crickets comments are directed at all the people who opposed closing Gitmo under Bush and now are pissed that Obama hasn't.

BigBadBrian
04-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I guess I'm remembering when blah blah blah.........

Another mindless, wandering post by the Frontline Forum Retard: kwame the shitty drummer.

sadaist
04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm glad that piece of shit Sheik is getting a military tribunal and not being tried in the Big Apple. Although I think the fucker should be tortured to a slow death on a very inexpensive pay-per-view with all the money going to the victims families of 9-11.

He should be fucked to death by Snooki. Ewww. I feel bad for the poor sap that has to clean up after that gravy swap.

But yeah, Obama lost this one. I'm glad that he finally accepted this one defeat and is letting it go instead of continuing the fight as I expected he would.

And since he we won't have many more opportunities to use this classic gem......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nzqIS0XqgGs/STPUVoPablI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/cif_CY3lg0Y/s320/rdon.jpg

kwame k
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Another mindless, wandering post by the Frontline Forum Retard: kwame the shitty drummer.

Forrest is trying to be witty or in others words........a problem that is too complex to be summed up in a 3 second Fox News slogan and Neanderthal Boy can't wrap his mind around it.

Let me see if I can dummy it down or Forrest it down, if you will......Gitmo bad.

Now fess up, did Rush or BecKKK tell you to say that, Forrest?

I know what you can do .........spam the Front Line with Op-Ed pieces that'll show your point of view or I mean, someone spoon feeding you your point of view:lmao:

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Sadist, That is a HOF picture. :baaa:

knuckleboner
04-05-2011, 08:40 PM
why do conservatives hate America so much?

our constitution sets out very clear procedures for trying people accused of crimes in a court, but apparently doing it by junta is better...

BigBadBrian
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
why do conservatives hate America so much?

our constitution sets out very clear procedures for trying people accused of crimes in a court, but apparently doing it by junta is better...

Explain yourself.

Military tribunals are perfectly legal and not much different than a civilian court.

Where would you like to try those Islamoterrorist bastard? how about Faiefax, VA? YOU and your city pay for the additional security needed.

FORD
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I was thinking Virginia Beach, actually.

kwame k
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I was thinking Virginia Beach, actually.

Bring 'em to Detroit....it's not like they could hurt the place and who would even notice if they did!