PDA

View Full Version : Blame the victim

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/05/2011-04-05_rape_of_girl_11_tears_apart_texas_town_as_many_ insist_on_blaming_the_victim.html

Rape of girl, 11, tears apart Texas town as many insist on blaming the victim

By Corky Siemaszko
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 12:39 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/03/09/alg_mug-shots.jpg

An 11-year-old Texas girl who accused 19 men of raping her was in foster care Tuesday, days after a raucous town meeting where she was outrageously blamed her for instigating the attacks.

Kristy
04-05-2011, 01:59 PM
???

How is her lying about her age blaming the victim? I'm not excusing the crime.

chefcraig
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
A bit of background, considering the place in question...

Cleveland, Texas: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland,_Texas)As of the census of 2000, there were 7,605 people, 2,645 households, and 1,758 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,580.5 people per square mile (610.5/km²). There were 2,976 housing units at an average density of 618.5/sq mi (238.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 58.65% White, 27.13% African American, 0.33% Native American, 0.59% Asian, 11.58% from other races, and 1.72% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 20.51% of the population.

There were 2,645 households out of which 34.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.4% were married couples living together, 19.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.5% were non-families. 29.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.27.

In the city, the population was spread out with 27.4% under the age of 18, 10.7% from 18 to 24, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 18.3% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 101.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.7 males.

The median income for a household in the city was $24,164, and the median income for a family was $28,527. Males had a median income of $28,385 versus $17,889 for females. The per capita income for the city was $13,562. About 19.3% of families and 22.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 31.8% of those under age 18 and 16.1% of those age 65 or over.

More recent figures concerning income and housing available HERE (http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Texas.html).

hambon4lif
04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Wow! More race-baiting from the thread starter! How unpredictable! Honestly, who didn't see that coming?

What's the matter....you can't find enough people to go with you to your fuckin' Aaryan meetings, so you have to troll here for recruits?
You know damn well if you looked through the local news of the deep south, you'd find this kind of shit happens everyday...by all different folks.

Yes it's wrong, and yes it's fucked-up, but you singled out this particular story strictly because of who's involved.

I know what you're trying to do, and I'm wise to your shit.
Prickless retard!

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
???

How is her lying about her age blaming the victim? I'm not excusing the crime.

Kristy, you're one of the smart ones here. This one is definitely Darwin award material. 11 year and lying, video of the incident (big mistake), and Quanell X stirring the tension. So who should be blamed?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
the jews:indifferent0020:

kwame k
04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
the BCE:biggrin:

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Now hambone, if your guilt is still fucking with you about shit you've done or said in the past take it up with your local witch doctor.

Having played a benefit gig concerning this type of issue my question is simply; Jessica's Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica%27s_Law

chefcraig
04-05-2011, 02:57 PM
So who should be blamed?

Nothing personal friend, but the idea of assigning blame in a tragedy such as this is, to use a common medical term, shit-eating bonkers. To review, we have a pair of barely (if at all) functioning and incapacitated parents, a large for her age and admittedly rebellious child who may or may not be borderline-retarded sneaking out of the home several nights a week, all of which are dwelling in a neighborhood that statistically exists near the poverty level. To expect to find the sort of protocols in effect that would define comfortable civility in such an atmosphere is nothing short of absurd.

Furthermore, the manner in which the "article" is written makes the reader call into question just exactly what the writer (one Corky Siemaszko) had in mind while crafting it. To begin with, just look at the sensationalist headline. The piece quotes a person by the name of Angie Woods as speaking for "many" at a town meeting called (apparently, but there is no proof) to discuss the incident. OK, just what defines many? Why was this meeting called? Is there a particular reason that not a single town official (who presumably would have been at such a meeting), police officer or detective is quoted by name for their thoughts on the situation?

To call this little more than lazy, tabloid journalism is an insult to the Weekly World News. At least when a UFO, ELVIS or Big Foot sighting takes place, the writers for that particular publication take the effort to quote witnesses by name and substantiate details, rather than offering generalized opinions (in a misleading manner) as facts.

Kristy
04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Kristy, you're one of the smart ones here. This one is definitely Darwin award material. 11 year and lying, video of the incident (big mistake), and Quanell X stirring the tension. So who should be blamed?

Then I need to re-read the story. Clearly, it does not look good for the girl who, if she was lying about her age would probably lack any credibility about the severity of the alleged crime committed against her. 19 men? And no one noticed? Blame seems a little far-fetched, the girl if lying about the whole incident should be in some of of psychiatric counseling and not just foster care. Now this Angie Woods stating that she wanted this to happen is both ignorant and uncalled for. Until this is proven in either a court of law of what the truth is, blame should stay out of the picture.

hambon4lif
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Now hambone, if your guilt is still fucking with you about shit you've done or said in the past take it up with your local witch doctor.It's a despicable act, the most despicable act known to mankind. IMO, any crime against women and children should be punishable by death to all....and by all, I mean ALL!

But that's not what this is about, is it?

Wasn't it you that started the thread about the Florida Burger King incident? This time last week I believe....
You're like clockwork, Jack! And you'd have to be a complete fucking moron NOT to be able to connect the dots or figure out your M.O.

So go try to sell your bullshit to somebody else, 'cause I'm not buying any of it. And take your fucking swastikas with you.

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Ah, the old nazi politically correct blather.

Hambone, what would the PC assholes, like yourself, do to fix this one?

http://www.kmov.com/news/crime/St-Louis-man-gets-life-for-rape-and-murder-charges-118676889.html

See you politically correct assholes shouldn't let him be charged with murder because there is no such thing as murdered unborn child to your kind. Your kind kills them before they're born.

The fence the politically correct sit on always causes them to talk out of their ass.

Back on topic. Jessica's Law should see that these guys are charged automatically.

Kristy got it right. "blame should stay out of the picture".

I agree with chef as well as this is bad journalism.

hambon4lif
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Kristy got it right. "blame should stay out of the picture".

I agree with chef as well as this is bad journalism.And yet you found it worthy enough to start this thread. You wanted people to draw their conclusions to a half-baked story, and you knew what you were doing when you attached the pic to it.

You're an idiot.

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
It’s the picture from the article, half wit.

They took the 11 year old Hispanic girl to a trap house and raped her with 14 year old boys invited to join in and filmed the incident.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7503788.html

Meanwhile, the family's finances have dwindled so low they have no beds for sleeping or tables for eating, and sometimes the utilities are turned off.

Hambone, You made your point to stand with the perps. You are the idiot.

jacksmar
04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Attorney: Suspects knew rape victim was 11

By Cindy Horswell / cindy.horswell@chron.com
Updated 02:06 a.m., Saturday, March 12, 2011

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/article/Defense-attorney-admits-clients-accused-of-gang-1086837.php#ixzz1IgYC70x6

Attorney James Evans, hired to defend some of the 18 suspects accused of gang-raping an 11-year-old girl in the East Texas town of Cleveland, said on a radio talk show that those participating were “absolutely” aware of the girl’s age.

hambon4lif
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
It’s the picture from the article, half wit.

Hambone, You made your point to stand with the perps. You are the idiot.Weak attempt at a spin, you lying motherfucker!

I kicked the legs out from under your original intention to brew up some racial hatred, and now you're scrambling around for anything that will help you save face.

Pretty pathetic, Adolf!

binnie
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
What an horrific story.

Just out of interest, what is the age of consent in that state? I find it hard to believe that an 11 year old could pass for 16 or 18, and therefore it seems incredibly unlikely that these guys didn't know she was underage.