PDA

View Full Version : Kill Devil Hill

Mr Walker
04-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I've been wanting to start this thread since last weekend but keep forgetting so I'm a little unprepared with the proper linkage to back this up, but anyway...

This is the new band formed by Vinnie Appice and Rex the bass player from Pantera. The name initially put me off a bit, but when I heard the demos that were posted at the blabbermouth site (can't link them up from work... maybe someone else can, or I'll do it later) and I have to say they were pretty bad-ass. the singer's name is Jeremy (i think) and he's from a band called Pissing Razors (never heard them) but he's got a great sound. Looking forward to the debut. Vinnie says they have about 10-15 songs ready to go.

Thanks for listening.

kwame k
04-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Here ya go!

The first audio clip from KILL DEVIL HILL — the new band featuring Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) on drums, Rex Brown (DOWN, PANTERA) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — is available for streaming in the YouTube clip below.

KILL DEVIL HILL recently finished demoed around 10 songs, which, according to Appice, sound "like a cross between BLACK SABBATH, ALICE IN CHAINS and a little bit of LED ZEPPELIN thrown in. It's heavy, but with a lot of cool hooks and melodic overtones, too."

The band recently stated in a post on its Facebook page, "Rex has just returned to Texas after a week of writing and recording in L.A. and just playing so goddamn loud with [KILL DEVIL HILL]! This is really kicking ass with a combination of sounds of BLACK SABBATH, ALICE IN CHAINS, and a sprinkle of ZEP. We are going old school meets new, no sample drums here!!" The group added, "Dewey laid down some amazing tracks last night on a killer new demo. We are currently putting the finishing touches on the clips which we will be posting very soon."

KILL DEVIL HILL is:

* Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) - Vocals
* Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) - Guitar
* Rex Brown (DOWN, PANTERA) - Bass
* Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) - Drums

Link (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155287)

binnie
04-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Pissing Razors were a pretty decent band - heavily influenced by Pantera, they had a decent run in the late '90s/early '00s.

Mr Walker
04-07-2011, 03:16 PM
ooff... struck out with my guess on the singer's name.

kwame k
04-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Here's another one.......

Mr Walker
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Cool pics from the band's inaugural live show...

http://metalassault.com/Pictures/Kill_Devil_Hill/042911.php

lesfunk
05-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Sounds like rock to me!