PDA

View Full Version : I'm spending the day mourning Reagan.. you?

Sarge
06-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Since I am in the military.. I get today off to mourn Reagan.
national holiday!
I am thinking about spending the day mourning and weeping..
Maybe looking at the photo albums of pictures of Ronnnie and me frolicking...
Nah!
Let's see how many beers I can drink today!

Ally_Kat
06-11-2004, 11:36 AM
I don't know the whole story, but my brother says Bush said schools should close and Bloomberg basically bitchslap!-ed all the kiddies here and told them they had school today.

All I know is my brother is pissed. Yesterday was Brooklyn-Queens day and he had off. It would have been a 4-day weekend for him.

Full Bug
06-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Sarge

Let's see how many beers I can drink today!
I'm sure Ronnie wouldnt want it any other way................................:D

FORD
06-11-2004, 12:36 PM
State employees don't get the day off :(

So FUCK Reagan, I'm mourning Ray Charles instead :cool:

FORD
06-11-2004, 12:38 PM
BTW, does this mean all of the Reagan as Christ TV programming will be over with already?

DLR'sCock
06-11-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm working...have one for me Sarge!!!
Hell make that 7!!!!

Lqskdiver
06-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
BTW, does this mean all of the Reagan as Christ TV programming will be over with already?

Don't you know...he will Rise Again in three days!!

:angel:

FORD
06-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Don't you know...he will Rise Again in three days!!

:angel:

It's already been 6 days. Besides, that would have only confirmed his identity as the first Beast (Ronald Wilson Reagan 666) and Junior's as the second Beast (George Walker BushJr 666)

Mezro
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm going to cram Jelly Bellies down my urethra and fondle a piece of beef jerky in memory of Ron's turkey neck.

Mezro...gobble, gobble...smack the gipper bonzo style

ELVIS
06-11-2004, 02:11 PM
FORD.. take notice of how your spew is ignored around here...

:D

BIGBADZERO
06-11-2004, 02:18 PM
My boss hung some pictures in his office of when he & Reagan used to ride horses together back in the early 70's. Needless to say I was blown away. I learn more about my boss everyday, seems he's lived a fascinating life.

worldbefree
06-11-2004, 02:48 PM
The real question is, What is Dave going to be doing? :cool:

Steve Savicki
06-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
So FUCK Reagan, I'm mourning Ray Charles instead :cool:

My choice too:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/steve_savicki/19606.html

Other than that, just another day in the workplace.

Ally_Kat
06-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Ray Charles never did anything for me. Reagan helped make the world I live in a lil better. I pick Reagan.

John Ashcroft
06-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Was traveling back home from Texas myself earlier (for work). Got the rest of the day off though. Drinking beer right now, thinking about life etc., etc...

President Reagan was certainly one of the best. I don't care if you like his policies or not, he was certainly an optimist, and the world needs more of 'em, not less. The contrast between him and his predecessor was staggering.

I remember driving through New York and Jersey when I was a kid with my parents. I remember being scared. I remember dingy filth everywhere. I remember couches abandoned on the Jersey turnpike, pretty much all the way down the mother fucker. I remember the seemingly endless amount of panhandlers at every intersection. I remember the sense of depression and hoplessness of the '70s in the North East. I remember gas lines. I remember my parents struggling. I remember a sense of the declining days of America. I was a kid then, but the memories stick with me to this day.

And I remember the hope of a great future offered by the optimism of President Reagan. I remember the sense of pride returning to American life. I remember my dad getting plenty of work in the Construction business during the '80s. I remember it was enough to buy a small ski boat, fix up the house, and eat seafood on special occasions with family and friends. I remember my mom getting her start in the banking industry during that time (from being a waitress prior). She now has a career, not a just a job, and is now a branch manager in Charleston. I remember my parents being able to afford a VCR, a microwave, and cable television (something unimaginable before). I remember the camping trips to the Adirondaks and Catskills. I remember trips to Amish country, PA. I simply remember the happiness of my family after such dismal times of the '70s.

Face it, something went right for America in the '80s. You can deny it all you want, but President Reagan had a shit load to do with the turning tide in American spirit and enteprise during his tenure as President. Why are people lining up in droves to pay respect? Because they remember as well.

rustoffa
06-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, taking a bullet and winning the cold war is worth a bit of respect.

BIGBADZERO
06-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Yeah, taking a bullet and winning the cold war is worth a bit of respect.

When you put it that way...