PDA

View Full Version : Metallica Covers "YRGM" - Predictable Disaster & Suckage Ensues

chefcraig
04-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Metallica teams with Ray Davies for his ultimately pointless album of remakes, with absolutely dreadful results. While enduring this, keep in mind Lewis Black's comments upon watching a Super Bowl halftime show in 2001:

"I have Aerosmith, N-Sync and Britney Spears. I have a trifecta from hell! But fortunately, I had a spoon in my hand, And I shoved it up my ass. You might be wondering why? To distract myself from the pain. Cause if I'm gonna hurt that much, I'm gonna do it to myself. Oprah calls that empowerment."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GERPwOoQl1I

binnie
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
It's OK, they make it sound a little like the Misfits.

What's interesting is that Ray Davies sounds worse than James Hetfield.....

hambon4lif
04-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Desecrating Seger and Lizzy classics wasn't enough for these sellouts? What's the battle plan, being complete fuck-offs as opposed to half-assed fuck-offs? Britney Spears rocks harder than this for fucks sake! This sounds like something you'd hear on a 99-cent WalMart disc.
It validates the Van Halen version, and that's the only good thing I can say about it.

I can't get laid to this garbage. I'm giving it an F.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't know about James and/or Lars, but Kirk has always has the utmost respect for VH and EVH....

As far as this version, meh....

Anonymous
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm NOT listening to this piece of shit. I hate Metallica with a passion. It's ok if they want to shit all over their legacy, it's theirs to do whatever the fuck want to do to it.

But fucking over other people's music, especially, like Hambon pointed out, Bob Seger & Thin Lizzy, or Diamond Head, etc. is just way too much. Can we get an obsessed fan to shoot James? These fucking pathetic buttfucks have their arseholes stuffed with money already, what the hell more do they want? Just leave us alone, fer fuck's sake. Go away, fade out of the spotlight, PLEASE!

I tell ya, every time I see kids listening to these shitstains's "Turn the Page" like it was something that deserved to have seen the light of day, it pains me. And the video? Fuck. How did those dumbfucks fuck up the meaning of the lyrics so much? I mean, yeah, lyrics is just something to sing along, but if you're saying something & showing another, well, it doesn't really make sense... but wait, that's not all! Metallifans - read, complete fuck up retards - used to solemnly discuss, back when that song came out, how Metallica approached the social issues of modern society with their songs...

And that's why "Friday" is so brilliant. If "music fans" are retards, then by all means, go full throttle in mocking their retarded little brains out.

Cheers! :bottle:

VAiN
04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
That's just turrible. I've never cared for Kirks cold tone and this nothing to change that. Of all the tunes to cover why pick one that VH totally owns??

binnie
04-09-2011, 07:05 PM
. Can we get an obsessed fan to shoot James?

Inappropriate much? Way over the line there.

FORD
04-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Actually, there's a much worse cover of this song going around.... Have no idea who does it, but it's some fucking disco/dance pop shit that was on some TV show the other day.

binnie
04-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I've heard that. It's fucking woeful.

It should be pointed out that Ray Davies invited Metallica to do this (and its for his record) - its not like they woke up one day and thought 'lets kill a classic.'

Dan
04-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Damn,That Really Does Suck.:barf:

chefcraig
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
It should be pointed out that Ray Davies invited Metallica to do this (and its for his record) - its not like they woke up one day and thought 'lets kill a classic.'

Invited or not, about the only thing worse on the album is Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi massacring "Celluloid Heroes". Find it for yourself over at Youtube, I won't embed it here as posting so much awful music in a single day is really bad karma.

sadaist
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Can we get an obsessed fan to shoot James?

Seriously dude, that's just way wrong. Everyone knows the target must be Lars.

hambon4lif
04-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Speaking of Lar$, he can chill out and relax.
I don't see anyone in a hurry to download this shit....

Anonymous
04-09-2011, 10:16 PM

"Much" jokes are almost worse than "not" jokes. It's a fuckin' ridiculous template that the unimaginative use so they can believe they're witty & creative.

Really, Binnie. I never expected such a thing from you.

By the way, there is NO "over the line". I'm fuckin' sick to death of political correctness & as long as I'm not breakin' any of Sarge's rules, I'll go over the top every time. I do, however, respect Sarge's will in his own house. Not doing that would be fuckin' rude of me. Oy vey.

Seriously dude, that's just way wrong. Everyone knows the target must be Lars.

Yeah... wouldn't work. I mean, I thought about it, but there's a strong possibility James would cuntinue without Lars. Worse, he'd take advantage of the little cunt's death & do a tribute album, covering - read, mercilessly butchering - his own songs.

However, if the target is James, there's no fuckin' way anyone else would take that little leprechaun seriously, so he'd have to permanently keep his drumsticks up his arse.

indeedido
04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
What a horrible version.

Blaze
04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Our local radio has a Mandatory Metallica at 5 or some time... It has always annoyed me. Their songs are really cheddar.
More than once I wanted to rant about one of their songs.
I never did because I thought they were really well liked... Why else would that station force me to listen by making it mandatory?
Now, I know....

I never dreamed that a Metallica bashing thread would go over here. whoodathunk?

sadaist
04-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Our local radio has a Mandatory Metallica at 5 or some time... It has always annoyed me. Their songs are really cheddar.
More than once I wanted to rant about one of their songs.
I never did because I thought they were really well liked... Why else would that station force me to listen by making it mandatory?
Now, I know....

I never dreamed that a Metallica bashing thread would go over here. whoodathunk?

Yeah. The rock station in San Diego used to do that as well.

I dig it whenever they play anything from the first 3 albums...even some stuff from Justice is cool with me.

I like this recording. But it makes me sad too because this was right as they were about to die musically for me.

binnie
04-10-2011, 12:27 PM
"Much" jokes are almost worse than "not" jokes. It's a fuckin' ridiculous template that the unimaginative use so they can believe they're witty & creative.

Really, Binnie. I never expected such a thing from you.

By the way, there is NO "over the line". I'm fuckin' sick to death of political correctness & as long as I'm not breakin' any of Sarge's rules, I'll go over the top every time. I do, however, respect Sarge's will in his own house. Not doing that would be fuckin' rude of me. Oy vey.

Yeah... wouldn't work. I mean, I thought about it, but there's a strong possibility James would cuntinue without Lars. Worse, he'd take advantage of the little cunt's death & do a tribute album, covering - read, mercilessly butchering - his own songs.

However, if the target is James, there's no fuckin' way anyone else would take that little leprechaun seriously, so he'd have to permanently keep his drumsticks up his arse.

I think that wishing death on another human being is always over the line.

VanHalener
04-10-2011, 01:19 PM
A little of the guitar work was ok, but overall that sucked.

~Sucked BigTime~

FORD
04-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Well, Lar$ & Kirk did play some shows with Hagar and Sobolewski a few years ago, so they should know cheddar. (You can read about Cheesetallica here (http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/sam-mike-lars-t3197.html))

Seshmeister
04-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Their covers of 'Whiskey in the jar' and now this one really show how fucking limited Metallica are.