PDA

View Full Version : Elvis is a stink bug

Seshmeister
04-10-2011, 06:53 AM
World's Tiniest Elvis Impersonator: You Ain't Nothin' but a Stink Bug

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/06/worlds-tiniest-elvis-impersonator-you-aint-nothin-but-a-stin/
Apr 6, 2011 – 7:37 AM

Call it the world's smallest -- and smelliest -- Elvis impersonator.

A stink bug caught on camera by an amateur wildlife photographer in Singapore has grown the perfect camouflage: It looks like the King.

Winston Jansen says he encountered the bug while on an expedition through the island's forests -- and rather than get all shook up over the encounter, he got out his camera.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/06/article-1302102855306-0B78F0D900000578-434736_466x534.jpg

"I was simply in awe at the beauty of the camouflage. I know many insects use it to avoid being preyed upon, but I'd never seen anything like it before," he said, according to the Daily Telegraph.

"I was just captivated by the bright colors," he added. "Then on closer inspection it just hit me there is actually a face on its back."

Not just any face -- but the face that once made women as wild as a bug: the face of Elvis Presley.

But not everyone thinks this bug is honoring Elvis -- Britain's Daily Mail says it looks more like Bert from "Sesame Street."

And you can kind of see the resemblance there, too.

It also looks a bit like an Easter Island moai, the singer Morrissey and actor/wrestler Dalip Singh, aka wrestling's "The Great Khali."

A different, less colorful, species of stink bug has invaded parts of the United States. While most of them have turned up in the the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, they've also been spotted in Florida, California and even Iowa, according to Daily Finance.

They breed quickly, bite and damage crops -- but don't be cruel to them. When squished, the stink bug really earns its name, emitting from its abdomen a nasty scent that's been described as everything from skunk to rotten vegetables to smelly feet.

Ready for the bad news? They have no natural enemies -- not even hound dogs -- and are resistant to many pesticides.

And that means these bugs are T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

ELVIS
04-10-2011, 08:55 AM
But not everyone thinks this bug is honoring Elvis -- Britain's Daily Mail says it looks more like Bert from "Sesame Street."

I'd say Gadhafi...

sadaist
04-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd say Gadhafi...

HAHAHAHAHAH! Dude! Totally Gadhafi! That is so fucking funny.

I can also see Elvis, Bert from Sesame Street and the Easter Island heads in it. What a trippy bug. Fuck that. One of the main reason I don't travel to rain forest type areas. The bugs are huge and disgusting. Remember in Temple Of Doom when the lady had to reach into that hole in the wall to pull the lever & free Indiana Jones and it was filled with the creepiest big slimy crawly bugs ever? NASTY!!!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__AXu0AKVtpM/TJfZK2hy5lI/AAAAAAAAAV0/kB2xuLC-Fkw/s1600/bugs.jpg

ashstralia
04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd say Gadhafi...

as a proud j, can we have no more n word?
effing c in advance.

sadaist
04-10-2011, 09:42 AM
as a proud jehoshaphat, can we have no more noggenfogger word?
effing curlyfries in advance.

Huh? Was I close? Do I win a prize?

:)

ashstralia
04-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Huh? Was I close? Do I win a prize?
:)
it's a berreh hevewh bir:biggrin:dtation

Diamondjimi
04-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I thought Elvis was a "born again"/male nurse/racist/curmudgeon/Mod from Buttlick,Louisianna.....

(Never mind) :biggrin:

FORD
04-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I thought it looked more like Dick Nixon actually.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sydA_xCOkr0/Sl6_863bYVI/AAAAAAAAAK8/kw1iFLg_nQU/s400/Dick+Nixon.bmp

Anonymous
04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I agree, Elvis is a stink bug.

A flamin' homo stink bug.

But hey, to each his own...

Cheers! :bottle:

Seshmeister
04-11-2011, 08:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH! Dude! Totally Gadhafi! That is so fucking funny.

I can also see Elvis, Bert from Sesame Street and the Easter Island heads in it. What a trippy bug. Fuck that. One of the main reason I don't travel to rain forest type areas. The bugs are huge and disgusting. Remember in Temple Of Doom when the lady had to reach into that hole in the wall to pull the lever & free Indiana Jones and it was filled with the creepiest big slimy crawly bugs ever? NASTY!!!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__AXu0AKVtpM/TJfZK2hy5lI/AAAAAAAAAV0/kB2xuLC-Fkw/s1600/bugs.jpg

Spielberg must have some sort of a screaming fetish.

She never fucking stopped with the annoying screech all the way through that movie and he marries her?

sadaist
04-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Spielberg must have some sort of a screaming fetish.

She never fucking stopped with the annoying screech all the way through that movie and he marries her?

LOL. Agreed. That Chinese kid bothered me too. I missed the brunette from the first and I was happy they brought her back for the Crystal Skull flick.

But that bug scene.....I still have nightmares. Had it been me those fuckers woulda died. I aint reachin in the hole.