PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC "Live At River Plate", "Let There Be Rock" Coming In May & June 2011

chefcraig
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
AC/DC Live At River Plate Available May 10th

ACDC.com (http://www.acdc.com/us/news/acdc-live-river-plate-available-may-10th)

AC/DC Live At River Plate, a definitive live concert DVD documenting AC/DC’s massive Black Ice World Tour, will be available for purchase on Tuesday May 10, 2011. Shot in December of 2009, AC/DC Live At River Plate marks AC/DC’s triumphant return to Buenos Aires where nearly 200,000 fans, and 3 sold-out shows, welcomed the band back after a 13 year absence from Argentina. This stunning live footage of AC/DC underscores what Argentina’s Pagina 12 newspaper reported by saying “no one is on the same level when it comes to pure and clear Rock ‘n Roll.” Directed by David Mallet and produced by Rocky Oldham, AC/DC Live At River Plate was shot with 32 cameras entirely in HD. AC/DC Live At River Plate features 19 songs (110 minutes) as well as ‘behind the scenes’ footage of this massive production coming together among the excitement of anxious fans.

AC/DC Live At River Plate will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray and Ltd Edition collector’s edition with exclusive t-shirt. Additionally the DVD contains a bonus feature titled “The Fan, The Roadie, The Guitar Tech & The Meat,” features interviews with AC/DC, their crew and fans among the excitement of the shows and the city of Buenos Aires.

AC/DC Live At River Plate captures the intensity and power of the band’s critically acclaimed world tour in support of their most recent album Black Ice, which debuted at #1 in 31 countries. The Black Ice World tour took AC/DC on a 20 month trek around the globe playing to over 5 million fans in 108 cities in over 28 countries. The Black Ice World Tour earned AC/DC a Pollstar Award for Major Tour of the Year in 2010.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7067/acdclive.png (http://img152.imageshack.us/i/acdclive.png/)

AC/DC Live At River Plate track listing is as follows:
1. Rock N Roll Train
2. Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be
3. Back In Black
4. Big Jack
5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
6. Shot Down In Flames
7. Thunderstruck
8. Black Ice
9. The Jack
10. Hells Bells
11. Shoot To Thrill
12. War Machine
13. Dog Eat Dog
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
15. T.N.T.
16. Whole Lotta Rosie
17. Let There Be Rock
18. Highway To Hell
19. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

FORD
04-11-2011, 01:23 PM
**sigh** :(

Yet another fucking Brian Johnson DVD with the same old songs on it, and still no legitimate release of "Let There Be Rock"??

chefcraig
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
AC/DC: Let There Be Rock Blu-ray Announced

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/106/acccc.png (http://img571.imageshack.us/i/acccc.png/)

acdczone (http://acdczone.com/news/let-there-be-rock-blu-ray-announced#more-2977)
Warner Home Video has announced AC/DC: Let There Be Rock for Blu-ray release on June 7 2011, in a limited-edition BD/DVD combo pack in a 30th Anniversary Collector's Tin. This legendary concert film covers a 1979 Paris concert during the Australian heavy metal band's "Highway To Hell" tour. Interview segments and humorous backstage footage show another side to the musicians, especially AC/DC's flamboyant lead singer Bon Scott, who died two months after this filmed concert.

The track listing is as follows:

1.Live Wire
2.Shot Down in Flames
3.Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
4.Sin City
5.Walk All over You
6.Bad Boy Boogie
7.The Jack
8.Highway to Hell
9.Girls Got Rhythm
10.High Voltage
11.Whole Lotta Rosie
12.Rocker
13.Let There Be Rock
Special features include:

* Loud, Locked & Loaded: The Rites of Rock: Seasoned rockers, actors and journalists recollect their rite of passage as early witnesses to the raw, bone rattling rock of AC/DC.

* AC/DC: The Bedrock of Riff:No one has mastered the basic DNA of Riff Rock as successfully as AC/DC. Explore Angus and Malcolm Young's telepathic groove and the four-on-the-floor swing of Phil Rudd.

* Angus Young: A True Guitar Monster: Angus Young's transformation from diminutive schoolboy to raging rock monster electrifies the masses. Find out what makes this time bomb tick.

* Bon Scott: The Pirate of Rock 'n' Roll: Bon Scott was the ringleader of the AC/DC circus, balancing his screaming sexuality with a rakish charm. Get a glimpse into the life of a classic Rock 'n' Roll pirate.

* AC/DC: A Rock Solid Legacy: From bar band to arena rock, AC/DC stuck to their guns and shot their way to the top. Fellow rockers and journalists chart AC/DC's ascent into the Pantheon of Rock Gods in rock 'n' roll history.

* BD Playlist: your favorite songs in your favorite order

* 32-page tribute book by rock journalist Anthony Bozza (author of Why AC/DC Matters)

* Exclusive souvenir guitar pick

* Collector card set featuring concert photos

People interviewed on Featurettes:

•Rick Allen – Def Leppard
•Matt Sorum – Guns N’ Roses
•Jerry Greenberg – Music Executive
•Scott Ian – Anthrax
•Lemmy- Motorhead
•Eddie Trunk – That Metal Show
•Billy Corgan – Smashing Pumpkins
•Anthony Bozza – AC/DC Author
•Susan Masino – AC/DC Author
•Georg Dolivo- Rhino Bucket
•The Donnas – Rock band
•Thund-Her-Struck – AC/DC cover band
•Lon Friend – Music Journalist
•Pauley Parette – Actress/Musician

hambon4lif
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
If you're an AC/DC fan that already owns "Family Jewels" and "Live At Donnington", what more do you really need?

What's awesome about "Jewels" was it showed the band cared enough about their fans to go into the vault and put together something really cool for them, unlike other bands who shall remain nameless....

This is just another DVD of just another show. Seems excessive.

FORD
04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
FINALLY, Let There Be Rock!:killer::rockit2::rockit::rockin:

Should have been released the day that DVD's were invented, but better late than never.

binnie
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Very excited about 'Let There Be Rock'.

From the snippets I've seen, however, 'Live At the Plate' looks uninspiring. It's clearly shot well, but the band sound............................old.

Dan
04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
How Dare You.:D

lesfunk
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
If you're an AC/DC fan that already owns "Family Jewels" and "Live At Donnington", what more do you really need?

What's awesome about "Jewels" was it showed the band cared enough about their fans to go into the vault and put together something really cool for them, unlike other bands who shall remain nameless....

This is just another DVD of just another show. Seems excessive.

to be honest, "I have If you want blood You've got it" on vinyl and CD as well as Powerage , I find myself wanting very little else in terms of Angus

Anonymous
04-11-2011, 06:31 PM
to be honest, "I have If you want blood You've got it" on vinyl and CD as well as Powerage , I find myself wanting very little else in terms of Angus

Powerage kicks fuckin' arse, I dunno how I did it, but I listened to it so much, bits of the CD started falling off. I wore the fuckin' thing out!

Furthermore, I don't see the point in comparing AC/DC with Bon Scott & AC/DC with Brian Johnson. I'm just glad we have that whole mess of albums, some better than others.

Cheers! :bottle:

Mr. Vengeance
04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I just want a DVD copy of LTBR. My video tape is just about on it's last leg.

Mr Badguy
04-12-2011, 07:40 AM
What I want to know is:

Have they resynced the audio?

That annoyed the fuck out of me on the original release.

FORD
04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
There's no excuse not to do so, especially given technology in 2011 vs 1980. Even amateurs on You Tube can sync up audio and video from completely different sources and 1 out of 100 will actually get it right. Ac/Dc can certainly afford to pay some competent people to do that.

Terry
04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
So there's not gonna be a stand-alone version of Let There Be Rock made available in June, minus all the extras?

Meh. I'll just have to make due with my vhs-to-dvd homemade transfer until such a time comes. I really don't need all that extra stuff. I just want the turkey, not the trimmings.

It IS good news that LTBR is getting such a treatment, though. That is one fucking awesome flick/concert vid.

Can't say as I care much about the 2009 Black Ice show. It's nice the band is still around and vertical, I suppose, but the Black Ice tour vs. the LTBR era? No contest. Not even close. Ain't hatin' on Brian, but it's just the way it is.

chefcraig
04-17-2011, 06:33 PM
So there's not gonna be a stand-alone version of Let There Be Rock made available in June, minus all the extras?

Yes, it's mentioned a little farther down at the link I posted (acdczone (http://acdczone.com/news/let-there-be-rock-blu-ray-announced#more-2977)). It will be released the same day, and will only include the show itself without all the bells and whistles. It will cost around 15 bucks, which is half the price of the collector's edition.

Terry
04-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Yes, it's mentioned a little farther down at the link I posted (acdczone (http://acdczone.com/news/let-there-be-rock-blu-ray-announced#more-2977)). It will be released the same day, and will only include the show itself without all the bells and whistles. It will cost around 15 bucks, which is half the price of the collector's edition.

Thanks.

Hardrock69
04-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Kickass! I only have a factory VHS (collector's item perhaps?), and I transferred it to DVD years ago.

One thing I had heard years ago was that the original soundtrack was in mono, and that it had been damaged somehow, or the master tapes had gone missing or some such rubbish.

Seems they have that sorted.

About fucking time! That is on my 'must have' list. KICK FUCKING ASS!!!

Yeah, anything they put out of recent shows is just one more show.....with deteriorating vocals from Brian Johnson, and Angus getting just a little slower each year, and better quality each time out with which to see that slow deterioration.
I got the Castle Donnington DVD and watched it once. No need to buy anything further. If I want to see whatever their current tour is like, I just get a boot. I got one of their 'dress rehearsals' (a full show with full audience at some arena in PA) for the Black Ice tour.

Man...I am so glad they are finally releasing LTBR.

Now if spEd would get off his fucking ass and do the same for the CVH catalog!!!!

chefcraig
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
...Yeah, anything they put out of recent shows is just one more show.....with deteriorating vocals from Brian Johnson, and Angus getting just a little slower each year, and better quality each time out with which to see that slow deterioration.
I got the Castle Donnington DVD and watched it once. No need to buy anything further...

Agreed. It has been a downward spiral since the Donington release. Did we really need the No Bull show four years later, which save for three or four songs, repeated an almost identical track listing? Aside from the outstanding Plug Me In and Family Jewels sets, collecting AC/DC DVDs is an act of redundancy.

78/84 guy
04-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Powerage kicks fuckin' arse, I dunno how I did it, but I listened to it so much, bits of the CD started falling off. I wore the fuckin' thing out!

Furthermore, I don't see the point in comparing AC/DC with Bon Scott & AC/DC with Brian Johnson. I'm just glad we have that whole mess of albums, some better than others.

Cheers! :bottle:

Agreed. Powerage is awesome !! Their most underrated album. Shit all the great stuff on the live album is off of it. Brain is great but Bon was really the best straight ahead rock lead singer ever. His lyric's were awesome. I hope they remix it good. The sync up shouldn't be a problem for them.

Hardrock69
04-18-2011, 10:30 PM
The synch problem bugs the crap out of me. To see Phil Rudd hit his snare and hear the kick drum just drives me up the wall.

I almost did a resynch job myself, but then I figured fuckit, I don't have time for that shit right now....so I never did anything, just burned it to DVD and watched it.

chefcraig
06-05-2011, 12:53 PM
*BUMP*

OK, this ad was in the Best Buy (http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=header) flyer included in today's newspaper. As you can see, the DVD will be available on Tuesday, with the deluxe version costing around 30 bucks and the basic version for 15 dollars. Keep your fingers crossed that the audio is in sync with the video on both versions. :baaa:

http://img1.imagehousing.com/57/a224f2e3b79c4790049ad42db48f5ea8.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/)

(Sorry about the size, but it's the best I could do to make it fit in the post without distorting the entire thread.)

Mr Badguy
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
I've seen the River Plate DVD.

Awesome, a major improvement on "No Bull" & "Stiff Upper Lip Live".

Yes, the band plays great, Brian sings good, the picture & sound are excellent and the crowd is mental...

...but...

...I've seen it all before.

I can't see myself giving this more than a few spins.

I often find that a stadium rock show has far too much scope to make the transition to film.

It's like a music video, the band is there with little interaction with the punters.

If you're really desperate to own another live version of AC/DC songs that you already own umpeen times over, played exactly the same way, then be my guest.

binnie
06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Better than 'No Bull'? I really like that disc.

'.....Plate' is what it is: a very well recorded version of a very old band who are giving the crowd what they want - heritage. For a band of their age, AC/DC are remarkable - but they are a long, long way from being the band they once were.

I am very excited about 'Let There Be Rock', however.

tojoro
06-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Picked up the bare-bones DVD of LTBR today at my local joint , on sale for $9.99. The transfer looks fantastic, the synch between audio and video is corrected and the guitars are now up front with everything else.
Like Terry, I just want the show, reviews on amazon say the extras are 'Meh', as it's mostly celeb fans telling us what we already know: AC/DC rocks!
We are fortunate someone chose to film an entire concert of this lineup.
What a fuckin' frontman Bon was!
Remember when we had concert vids that weren't edited by Ritalin cases?

~T.

Terry
06-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Was at WalMart with the missus today, and happened upon the stand-alone, standard (non BlueRay) Let There Be Rock dvd. It was $13. Scooped it up.

From what I could tell, it's the same release upgraded to dvd...didn't sound like any of the original audio was subjected to contemporary overdubbing (although I'd have to go back and compare it to the original release I have kicking around somewhere to be sure)...just a straight-up version of the original release. I actually prefer watching shows/movies/whatever that were shot on proper old school film rather than something shot on videotape or filmed digitally anyway.

What a great fucking band. The great thing about them was how simple they kept it, and I honestly think it takes as much talent to demonstrate restraint as it does to develop and show off an advanced technical ability.

Bon Scott. What a character.

chefcraig
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Warner Brothers came up with the idea of making a promo clip for the LTBR release. So you get less than a minute of "A Whole Lot of Rosie", yet it does look pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgTuhmeLXc&feature=player_profilepage?mtag=youtube_vid

Mr. Vengeance
06-18-2011, 10:48 AM
I bought the stand alone LTBR and while the video is clean and the synch is fixed, the sound is subpar in places. Maybe it's just my copy but I have dropouts and slight distortion here and there. Frankly the sound isn't any upgrade over my old VHS copy.

binnie
06-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Sucks to hear that.

I'll still pick it up though. On my VHS copy 'Sin City' is listed as 'Sun City'. Have they corrected that on the back cover?

Hardrock69
06-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Funny, my VHS copy does not even have a tracklisting. It is the original Warner Communications VHS release from 1980.

Oh well. Sucks about the sound. Easily fixed though if you have the original VHS and some video editing software.

Mr. Vengeance
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Funny, my VHS copy does not even have a tracklisting. It is the original Warner Communications VHS release from 1980.

Oh well. Sucks about the sound. Easily fixed though if you have the original VHS and some video editing software.

If you have the Bonfire box set, you also have the audio. The sound is pretty good on that.

Mr. Vengeance
06-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Sucks to hear that.

I'll still pick it up though. On my VHS copy 'Sin City' is listed as 'Sun City'. Have they corrected that on the back cover?

Yeah, it says Sin City on the DVD.

78/84 guy
06-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I bought the stand alone LTBR and while the video is clean and the synch is fixed, the sound is subpar in places. Maybe it's just my copy but I have dropouts and slight distortion here and there. Frankly the sound isn't any upgrade over my old VHS copy.
Sounds like the original tapes were destroyed in the 90's. Not sure what they used. It looks great and sounds decent. Fuck it's 30 years old. That band makes my top 5 greatest ever with Bon. He was a clever fucker and a great singer. What a loss. The Rock Plate is worth your money, better than the last few tour dvd's they put out. Angus sounds great and the song list is killer.

rocking ron
06-21-2011, 05:15 PM
It's indeed a good setlist!!:baaa:
I have some boots (DVD) from this tour and they've played this setlist constantly.

Think this was their last World-Tour and am glad that I've seen them playing in Amsterdam during this Black Ice tour, it was great!!!:theband: