PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Cage Arrested

Diamondjimi
04-17-2011, 04:54 AM
NEW ORLEANS - Actor Nicolas Cage was arrested after he got drunk in the city's French Quarter and argued in the street with his wife over whether a house they were in front of was theirs, police said Saturday.

The couple was in front of a home that Cage insisted they were renting, police said. When she said it wasn't theirs, Cage grabbed her arm, according to a police news release.

Cage started hitting vehicles and tried to get into a taxi, police said. An officer saw that Cage was drunk and told him to get out of the cab. Cage then started yelling at the officer.

The actor has been booked on charges of domestic abuse battery, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness. He was released on $11,000 bond Saturday.

Representatives for Cage could not immediately be reached Saturday.

Cage has been a frequent visitor to New Orleans, where he has owned property and shot movies. He has also had financial troubles, despite being one of the highest-paid stars in Hollywood.

He had been behind on taxes and has said he's had to sell numerous assets because of his finances. He sued his former business manager in October 2009 for $20 million, claiming the man's advice led him to financial ruin.

Cage won an Academy Award for his performance in 1995's "Leaving Las Vegas."

LINK (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/actor-nicolas-cage-arrested-charges-domestic-abuse-disturbing-20110416-095950-607.html)

chefcraig
04-17-2011, 08:49 AM
He should have been arrested years ago for impersonating an actor. If I want to hear incoherent mumbling, I'll listen to the first three R.E.M. albums.

Kristy
04-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Hey the first three R.E.M. albums were good...um, when you compare them with 'Shiny Happy People' As for Cage, I can't think of a flim of his I remotely can sit through for more than 3 minutes; his career has more than waned, barely keeping himself above the fray of a decent budget B movie status. Drive Angry? Rather not drive to see his any of his movies at all.

chefcraig
04-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Nothing against R.E.M., as those first three albums are my favorites. At least the vagueness of what Stipe might actually have been saying was interesting, whereas with Cage, the mopey routine gets old fast. He basically plays that hangdog-Elvis, slow motion speech-pattern loon in every film. It worked in Raising Arizona, but 24 years later it tends to wear kinda thin.

Kristy
04-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Raising Arizona may be the exception of any of the Cage films. To me, he plays this egocentric miscreant where the only acting ability involved is how well he can read his poorly scripted lines. If you not suicidal or highly depressed before seeing his performance in Leaving Las Vegas you will be soon afterward.

Seshmeister
04-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Why the long face Nick? :)

He has been in a rut for a long time now.

binnie
04-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Well, it's not the biggest crime in the world.

Nick has made some drivel. But there are some gems there too: Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas. For guilty pleasure, Con Air is a good laugh.

Seshmeister
04-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I really liked Wild at Heart at the time but his shtick has got tiresome over the years.

Unchainme
04-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Raising Arizona is great.

re-watched it last night.

Fucking Coen Brothers...Their movies like..sink in an hour after watching them..Big Lebowski was the same way.

Nitro Express
04-17-2011, 03:51 PM
These dolts need to stay on top of their finances. If you aren't even aware that income taxes aren't being paid every year you are out of it totally and all the IRS gives a damn about is tax payer ID numbers. Names mean nothing to them. You are liable to them no matter who your financial manager was. Unless you are making your own money, you got a 1099 from the movie studio or production company and you are liable for those taxes and the IRS already knows how much you made that year.

Seshmeister
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Tax avoidance can get so complicated that it's no surprise to me that celebs get into trouble quite often.

sadaist
04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Well, it's not the biggest crime in the world.

Nick has made some drivel. But there are some gems there too: Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas. For guilty pleasure, Con Air is a good laugh.

Leaving Las Vegas was a fucking HARDCORE performance by Nick.

He was also excellent in Face Off even though the movie was fairly weak. But Nick Cage is a superb actor that has been taking really, really bad advice. I even enjoyed The Rock (although more due to Sean Connery).

I wish him well as he is one of my fav actors. I hope he gets his shit together.

ashstralia
04-18-2011, 12:30 AM
i like nick too. maybe uncle frank can lend him a few bucks?

Dan
04-18-2011, 12:42 AM
He Was Great In The Rocky Movies.:D

Diamondjimi
04-18-2011, 01:13 AM
He Was Great In The Rocky Movies.:D

Nice one, "Lefty" :baaa:

:biggrin:

Dan
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
How Dare You.:D

binnie
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Leaving Las Vegas was a fucking HARDCORE performance by Nick.

He was also excellent in Face Off even though the movie was fairly weak. But Nick Cage is a superb actor that has been taking really, really bad advice. I even enjoyed The Rock (although more due to Sean Connery).

I wish him well as he is one of my fav actors. I hope he gets his shit together.

Shit, I'd forgotten about 'The Rock' - another big, dumb action film I love.

I think Travolta stole 'Face/Off' though.

fryingdutchman
04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Nic Cage is definitely one of those polarizing figures amongst the audience...they either really like him or hate him.

Personally, I like many of his films, but then there are some really awful ones too.

I'm with sadaist on this one....I think Nic is a good actor who has been plagued by either bad advice from others or just bad decision-making on his own part when it comes to the scripts he chooses.

fryingdutchman
04-19-2011, 07:31 AM
For guilty pleasure, Con Air is a good laugh.

I actually own Con Air. You almost have to have it in your library just to see Cage, Malkovich, and Buscemi go to extremes in a pure popcorn flick.

Outside of that ridiculous southern accent that he obviously never mastered, Cage was decent in Con Air.

Nic's problem is that for every "Raising Arizona" there's a "Bangkok Dangerous" not far behind....

Hardrock69
04-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I like "National Treasure", but I think anyone could have played the part, and I get tired of listening to his monotone rubbish. He is like Keanu Reeves....the only reason he is in movies is because he got lucky and was in some successful films early in his career. Nothing to do with talent whatsoever.

fryingdutchman
04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
the only reason he is in movies is because he got lucky and was in some successful films early in his career. Nothing to do with talent whatsoever.

The "luck" part was being born the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola. The successful films stemmed from that...

chefcraig
04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I like "National Treasure", but I think anyone could have played the part, and I get tired of listening to his monotone rubbish. He is like Keanu Reeves....the only reason he is in movies is because he got lucky and was in some successful films early in his career. Nothing to do with talent whatsoever.

The "luck" part was being born the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola. The successful films stemmed from that...

Yep, and as actors, both Cage and Reeves have all the range of a Daisy air rifle. Say what you will about Sean Penn outside of movies, at least he had the common sense not to recreate the Jeff Spicoli role in every movie he made after Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

Hardrock69
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Not only that, but he had to jump through hoops of fire to get the role to begin with! He was rejected a couple of times I think, before he made the cut and got hired....

Nitro Express
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
They put Nicolus in a cage. I doubt it's like in the movie The Lord of War where he can blackmail the US president to bust him out.

Hardrock69
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
If he never made another film it would not bother me at all....

PETE'S BROTHER
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
gone in sixty seconds was so bad vagalina joile didn't even stir my loins...:019:

hambon4lif
04-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Isn't he the waterhead weirdo that married Lisa Marie purely out of his Elvis Presley obsession?

I've heard of people collecting things, but come the fuck on!!
That's more than just a little bit creepy, don't ya' think?

His best role was in "Fast Times" because he didn't have any fucking lines.

Diamondjimi
04-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Isn't he the waterhead weirdo that married Lisa Marie purely out of his Elvis Presley obsession?

I've heard of people collecting things, but come the fuck on!!
That's more than just a little bit creepy, don't ya' think?

His best role was in "Fast Times" because he didn't have any fucking lines.

My thoughts exactly...