PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' With Dokken

ALMOSTsaved
06-11-2004, 02:31 PM
I have never been a fan of Dokken. George Lynch was a great guitarist, but the songs never did anything for me.

However, the local radio station loves 'em. Lately I've been hearing the song "Into The Fire."

Am I the only one who notices the intro to this song is suspiciously similar to the intro to "Somebody Get Me A Doctor?" The only thing different is the chords.

Mezro
06-11-2004, 02:47 PM
The only thing I ever notice is how bad Don Dokken's rug is. That thing belongs in a petting zoo.

Mezro...yeah, the intro does sound a bit like SGMAD

DLR_EngineRoom
06-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
I have never been a fan of Dokken. George Lynch was a great guitarist, but the songs never did anything for me.

However, the local radio station loves 'em. Lately I've been hearing the song "Into The Fire."

Am I the only one who notices the intro to this song is suspiciously similar to the intro to "Somebody Get Me A Doctor?" The only thing different is the chords.

George Lynch's guitar style has always been that of Eddie's. The only difference is, George Lynch didn't throw Don Dokken out and replace him with REO Speedwagon type of vocals. Eddie did.

ALMOSTsaved
06-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Perhaps he should've. Even Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon is better than Don Dokken.

Wayne L.
06-18-2004, 09:19 AM
I think Dokken should have been much bigger than Motley Crue & Bon Jovi during the 80's but the gullible MTV generation at the time were too damn stupid because their music with Don Dokken's great vocals & George Lynch's guitar virtuosity set them apart from the usual 80's rock garbage!

ALMOSTsaved
06-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I think some of the songs were good. Never got into Don's voice. Of course George was great, but the production on Dokken albums as well as many other 80s albums was shit.