PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Ace Frehley!!

indeedido
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
60 years young. Seriously??

great ball of flames from a chemical cloud
burned Ace Frehley to the ground
Silvery ashes and poisonous gasses
from the styrofoam spacesuit he wore

Buried in France, they get drunk on your grave
but I know they're wrong
Wherever you are, Ace Frehley, grab your Les Paul
play me a ROCK 'N ROLL SONG!!

Sing about cars, smokin' guitars
Ace Frehley, put your big heels on
Is your face still white, silver and bright?
Ace Frehley, is your hair still long?

Kristy
04-27-2011, 11:54 AM
He looks like a character from 'Sons Of Anarchy'
http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheYWNLIGZYZWHSZXK=RW50ZXJ0YWLUBWVUDC1NDXNPY0JHB MRZ/imgAce%20Frehley1.jpg

Matt White
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Happy B-Day Space Ace!!!!

hambon4lif
04-27-2011, 12:54 PM
:beers8:

Nitro Express
04-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Ace was my childhood guitar hero.

indeedido
04-27-2011, 05:18 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/indeedido/9bd7ec70.jpg

Nitro Express
04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Here's the man doing his thing not too long ago.

Terry
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Ace was my childhood guitar hero.

Mine too.

Before there was Eddie, there was Ace. Kind of pissed me off when in the mid 1990s EVH slagged Frehley off in GW with a comment referencing how many people [EVH] inspired to take up guitar, spoken along the lines of "What are you gonna tell me, that Ace Frehley made you wanna play guitar?"

Steve Savicki
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Happy Birthday:

Hardrock69
04-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Ace was my original guitar teacher when it came to rock. Learned how to play the entire Kiss Alive album by playing along with it.

That is how I learned to play...by ear, playing along with records.

Though the first actual album where I learned to play guitar was this (in about 1972) on my dad's Martin classical guitar:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Glen_Campbell_The_Astounding_12-String_Guitar_album_cover.jpg

indeedido
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Glen Campbell is a monster player. You can look at those old clips from the 60s and 70s and he's playing effortlessly and singing.

Nitro Express
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Mine too.

Before there was Eddie, there was Ace. Kind of pissed me off when in the mid 1990s EVH slagged Frehley off in GW with a comment referencing how many people [EVH] inspired to take up guitar, spoken along the lines of "What are you gonna tell me, that Ace Frehley made you wanna play guitar?"

Ace had some great licks and wrote some great guitar parts that hold up to this day. Some of those KISS songs are great songs. I still enjoy listening to them. It's not about being the fastest or the flashiest, it's about knowing what goes where and how to milk it. Ace was great. He was and is true rock and roll.

Nitro Express
04-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I watched the original True Grit the other night. Glenn was a big star in the day. He had a big music career and was acting in movies. I remember his stuff was always on the radio.

Hardrock69
04-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Funny, even though it was Ace's stuff I was learning, I was not inspired to get a Les Paul.
Paul Stanley's Flying V is what freaked me out, and within 18 months I had my first one - 1975 Gibson, black with white pickguard.

Nitro Express
04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Funny, even though it was Ace's stuff I was learning, I was not inspired to get a Les Paul.
Paul Stanley's Flying V is what freaked me out, and within 18 months I had my first one - 1975 Gibson, black with white pickguard.

I wanted an Ibanez Iceman. What's funny is I never bought one. I even like playing them. I'm a Strat and SG guy. I've never owned a V either. I like those too but never bought one.

I think SG's are ugly but love how a good one resonates, plays, and sounds. I don't like the looks of the Wolfgang but keep going back to it. I usually like playing guitars I really don't like how they look. I love to get in front of a stack just blowing with an SG and shake it. The guitar is so flimbsy you get this great feedback vabrato thing going. It's like the guitar is alive. A good hollowbody will do the same thing if you know how to tame the beast. I like it on the edge just ready to go to pieces and barely in control. I don't like things too refined.

Hardrock69
04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
I am sure Angus feels the same way, lol.