PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Vote to Restrict Unions in MA

BigBadBrian
04-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Boston.com (http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-27/news/29479557_1_unions-object-labor-unions-health-care)
House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights.

Unions fought hard to stop the bill, launching a radio ad that assailed the plan and warning legislators that if they voted for the measure, they could lose their union backing in the next election. After the vote, labor leaders accused House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo and other Democrats of turning their backs on public employees.

kwame k
04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
So Forrest.......it's OK when the Repukes do it but if the Dems do the exact same thing it's bad?

Oh wait! We don't know what your stance is because you never comment on your posts, you can only cut and paste.....right Gump!

Nitro Express
04-28-2011, 10:20 AM
It's the same thing on war. If a Republican bombs Libya without going to congress first the democrats would go ape shit. If their guy does it, they justify it somehow. At least with the conservatives they actually believe their own bullshit. You don't know what a liberal is. They wish wash and lie so much. It's one main reason I don't trust them.

Every time the government has a new crises to offer a solution to they always grab more power. I always cringe. It's a two headed greedy octopus that we need to somehow strip it down and put it back in the box. The system is set up so the people are the boss. The people in washington are supposed to be representatives. Right now they are telling us what to do, ignoring laws, spending like crazy and sticking us with the bill. We got distracted with cheap money and gizmos and didn't watch the store and as always, someone always comes in and loots the joint.

BigBadBrian
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM
So Forrest.......it's OK when the Repukes do it but if the Dems do the exact same thing it's bad?

Oh wait! We don't know what your stance is because you never comment on your posts, you can only cut and paste.....right Gump!

I knew you, kkkwame, couldn't comment negatively about giving union goons what they deserve.

Well done.

Even DemocRATS in MA realize unions are costing this nation its future by giving out ridiculous amounts to the public sector. .

kwame k
04-30-2011, 12:34 PM
I knew you, kkkwame, couldn't comment negatively about giving union goons what they deserve.

Well done.

Even DemocRATS in MA realize unions are costing this nation its future by giving out ridiculous amounts to the public sector. .

First off Forrest, I didn't give a pro or con opinion of the unions but I wouldn't expect someone with your limited intelligence to pick up on that.........Corporate greed is killing this country, not the union workers.

Ah, the typical Neanderthal response.....destroy the unions completely. I bet you were one of those people that were chanting "nuke 'em" when we invaded Afghanistan.

If you can't sum up a complex problem in a two second sound bite you're lost, aren't you Forrest.

Certain unions have taken advantage of their power, to the detriment of it's members, but to completely strip away the unions and all collective bargaining rights isn't the answer either. Most of the unions have agreed to pony up money for their health insurance, taken a pay cut or have agreed to freeze their wages. So they have been willing to be flexible and help the companies/governments they work for. So what's the problem? What union is exactly holding their poor employer's hostage to the point that that company has to close their doors?

Forrest, you have been so brainwashed by the corporate propaganda machine that it's sad really. People like you are the reason we can never have true change in this country. Sadly, the rest of us suffer because of your stupidity.

chefcraig
04-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I bet you were one of those people that were chanting "nuke 'em" when we invaded Afghanistan.

Wait a minute...you didn't? :usfl:

kwame k
04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Nope.......because if we nuked 'em where would we get our supply of heroin from:biggrin:

chefcraig
04-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Good point. OK, selected nuking, then.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/scoobydude_md/Animated/_00002610.gif

kwame k
04-30-2011, 01:16 PM
See.....Craig gets it!

A nuanced reply that gets to the heart of the problem but doesn't take it to the extreme of doing something foolish like killing the poppy crops!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-30-2011, 01:22 PM
See.....Craig gets it!

A nuanced reply that gets to the heart of the problem but doesn't take it to the extreme of doing something foolish like killing the poppy crops!

he said "poppy crops":hee:

kwame k
04-30-2011, 01:28 PM
:lmao:

chefcraig
04-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Talk about making a grown man cry. http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Smiley26-1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmEf-nnffRI

PETE'S BROTHER
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM
speaking of burning cocaine, is 10:40 too early to crack a beer by the pool?

FORD
04-30-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwbzxemJZIc

chefcraig
04-30-2011, 01:54 PM

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/ponyxprs/misc/5oclocksomewhere.jpg

kwame k
04-30-2011, 04:54 PM

For the love of God.....NO!

It's never too early, unless "crack a beer" is code for smoking crack, in that case, it's noon:)

Blaze
04-30-2011, 05:32 PM
For the love of God.....NO!

It's never too early, unless "crack a beer" is code for smoking crack, in that case, it's noon:)
Technically stimulants, such as coca based products, are for morning consumption, subsiding by afternoon or late afternoon, exception being a late evening is scheduled where upon the times would be extended. :)

kwame k
04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
......I stand corrected, Blazed:headlights:

When it comes to all things 'script related......I bow to your knowledge:notworthy:

Blaze
04-30-2011, 06:29 PM
This would be any stimulant, coffee in USA or coca tea in Columbia. One should only take prescriptions on a reliable doctors advise and follow the directions prescribed by the doctor.

However, thank you for the adulation.

sadaist
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM

I think everyone is realizing that unions are getting a bigger piece of the pie than they should. By the end of this decade, the unions will look much different than they have. The gravy train is coming to an end. It really shouldn't be a dem v repub issue. It should be a look at the numbers v what can we afford issue. Math adds up the same regardless of ideology.

FORD
04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
I think everyone is realizing that unions are getting a bigger piece of the pie than they should. By the end of this decade, the unions will look much different than they have. The gravy train is coming to an end. It really shouldn't be a dem v repub issue.

It's not. It's an issue of the American people vs the top 1% piece of shit corporo-fascists like the BCE and the Koch brothers. And the unions are the only organized resistance to that fascism that exists, which is precisely why they're under attack (and have been since Reagan ass-raped the air traffic controllers 30 years ago)