PDA

View Full Version : Separatism not dead: rookie NDP MP

Diamondjimi
05-06-2011, 12:08 AM
OTTAWA - The youngest member of the NDP's new caucus says the party will respect Quebec's wish for sovereignty.

Newly elected Pierre-Luc Dusseault, 19, told a Toronto radio station separatism isn't dead in Quebec, despite the Bloc Quebecois being nearly wiped off the map in Monday's federal election.

"In my campaign, I said sovereignty will be done in Quebec and Quebecers will decide if Quebec wants to be a country," he said to radio host John Oakley Thursday morning.

"And waiting for this moment, I said, 'Why not give us a real government that is good for us?' And we will respect sovereignty in the NDP."

The New Democrats have been working for years to make inroads into Quebec and support a number of initiatives catering to the province's interests, including a push to force Supreme Court judges to be bilingual.

The New Democrats did not answer requests for comment on Dusseault's remarks.

Link (http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/05/separatism-not-dead-rookie-ndp-mp)

These French cocksuckers can call it what they want, I call it treason. It's unbelievable the self entitlement sense of the French possess. Only in Quebec would they elect a 19 year old to a party other than The Bloc. who' come's off as a pro separatist sympathizer.
I was glad to hear the Bloc Quebecois was decimated in the election. If they want to live in a French country there's one that already exists. It's called France!. It's bad enough that the rest of us Canadians fund the bi-lingual road signs from coast to coast and the bullshit of going to read a label only to (seemingly) always arriving at the French side first.
It was a pleasure being down in the States in March and not seeing a single word in French.
Bottom line with me is: If you live in this country and you don't like it get the fuck out!
:rant:

Here's a good quote...

Terry Dillon
15% of Canadians speak French as a first language. Of that 15, 12 resides inside Quebec. Yet >83% of Federal Government senior management positions are held by French as a first language speakers.

The Bloq is clearly a PROVINCIAL party, and I never understood how it could even participate in Federal elections. Isn't trying to break up your country called treason? Or am I somehow mistaken?

Anyway, if Quebec did separate, I expect the North American Indians would reclaim all of their land, including the natural resources. Not much would be left.

http://images9.cpcache.com/product/quebec-pride-fuck+quebec/233134929v2_225x225_Front.jpg

My question to my American brothers and sister's is, How would every day Americans react to having a state that wants to separate and drive a wedge into America' unity?

WACF
05-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Some of these guys are gonna get eaten alive when the House Of Commons opens.

FORD
05-06-2011, 04:45 AM
My question to my American brothers and sister's is, How would every day Americans react to having a state that wants to separate and drive a wedge into America' unity?

Texas pulls that shit every time there's a Democrat in the White House. And then when a bunch of wildfires burn up the state, there's Governor Goodhair Perry begging for Federal money. I say, let 'em go, as long as the entire BCE lives up to their claim of "Texas residency" and moves there permanently.

Seshmeister
05-06-2011, 04:52 AM
A 19 year old? Dougie Howser politics - bizarre...

Diamondjimi
05-06-2011, 02:05 PM
A 19 year old? Dougie Howser politics - bizarre...

No shit. Just goes to show the mindset of Quebec politics... :shiznit:

FORD
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Regardless of this guy's pro-separatist views, it's interesting that a 19 year old can serve in the Canadian Parliament, though. I'm assuming that means there's no minimum age requirement, and if you can vote for yourself, you can get in.

This side of the border you have to be 25 to run for the House, 30 to run for the Senate, and 35 to run for President (though JFK at 43 was still the youngest to actually be elected to that office)

Nitro Express
05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to have a Canadian civil war to me. Start one, blame it on the French Kanuks and then you have an excuse to start killing them. The only draw back is if the French kick your ass you will the laughing stock of the world.

Diamondjimi
05-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to have a Canadian civil war to me. Start one, blame it on the French Kanuks and then you have an excuse to start killing them.

I personally have many French Canadian friends, and their awesome peeps. It's just the separatists I take issue with. They should be blaming their political forefathers for uniting with the rest of the country.
Sure, they speak a different language and have their own culture (to a degree) but you don't hear the 50 other cultures that live in Canada screaming and whining for special treatment.
They piss and moan about Canada, but they sure love the Govt. breaks and handouts.

NO MORE FRENCH PRIME MINISTERS!

The only draw back is if the French kick your ass you will the laughing stock of the world.

Not a chance! :biggrin:

Quebec's contribution to Canada.....

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/99436565_a63fe12006.jpg

http://medicalmyths.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/poutine.jpg

Nitro Express
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
You can toss the poutine but keep the poontang.

Nitro Express
05-06-2011, 06:17 PM
I have lots of relatives in Alberta. They are basically Canadian rednecks who are into rodeo, big belt buckles, boots and that stuff. I notice a lot of the rodeo stock comes out of Canada. They pretty much aren't any different than the people in Montana or Wyoming. They do use HP sauce though. I cook them a premium aged steak and they put HP sauce on it. They should be shot for that nonsense.

FORD
05-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Poutine is catching on as a concept, though I'd prefer chili on my fries instead of brown gravy. I'd probably go for the Mexican variation though. Load them fries up with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and maybe some taco meat, and break out the beer :gulp:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/230668076_090666ac92.jpg

Diamondjimi
05-07-2011, 04:02 AM
Damn that looks delicious!