PDA

View Full Version : Steven Tyler's '(It) Feels So Good' Solo Single...

chefcraig
05-09-2011, 07:37 PM
This will spare you having to sit through Thursday's episode of American Idol, which is where the song was supposed to premiere. Tyler leaked it to On Air With Ryan Seacrest (http://ryanseacrest.com/2011/05/09/world-premiere-steven-tyler-releases-debut-solo-single-it-feels-so-good-audio/), where it played this afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwF6y2dcXyY

High Life Man
05-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Is he covering Chuck Mangione?

High Life Man
05-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Nope.

Even shittier.

Unchainme
05-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Is he covering Chuck Mangione?

don't you trashtalk chuck mangione like that.

he's the fucking man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7dg8vRDM68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC5ri3dwP6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEz2kPLqYxY&feature=related

god I love king of the hill.

GreenBayLA
05-10-2011, 01:37 AM
It's a pop song for Idol crowd. Well I hope Tyler gets this out of his system before Aerosmith records their new album, but I kinda doubt it.

fryingdutchman
05-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Something tells me that this is one of those times I'm glad that the Surf Control on my office network blocks YouTube videos....

I'll render my opinion later when I get to a "less controlled" environment.

But judging from the posts already here, I'm not expecting too much.

Tyler needs to get his head out of his ass and back into Aerosmith where it belongs. He was interesting for about 5 minutes in the first couple of episodes of "Idol" when he tried to outdo himself with clever quips every 30 seconds...and then it got old.

Now, to be shilling a new solo tune on the show is just really crass.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Anybody read Tyler's new book yet ???

Jagermeister
05-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Anybody read Tyler's new book yet ???

No but I plan to. Unlike most of the folks here I am a fan.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2011, 09:20 AM

I definitely am as well, but like just about every other group, I stop with Rock in a Hard Place.... After that, can't stand the sappy ballads.....

hambon4lif
05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Just finished Keith's book, so the last thing I wanted to do was pick up another bio, but this one drew me in.

Like Van Halen, Aerosmiths first 6 albums are fuckin' solid. The problem with their later albums is that you have to dig past their hit singles and co-written bullshit to find flashes of their brilliance. "My Fist Your Face", "St. John", and "Voodoo Medicine Man" all have that vintage killer Aerosmith groove.

It's fashionable to say they suck post-rehab, but that's because this is the internet, and folks tend to split ass-hairs or make lame attempts to show you how fucking smart or cutting edge they think they are. Peer pressure must be a torturous bitch...
Anyways...their "Unplugged" performance is undeniably fucking awesome. All of them locked into one groove, and Tyler using every percussion instrument within reach to contribute to the tunes.
One could only wish to be in a band with half that talent.

The only Aerosmith album I can't bring myself to listen to is "Just Push Play" because Joe went overboard with the fucking Pro-Tools, which is a very un-Aerosmith way of doing things.

Other than that, I'd put Aerosmith up against any other fucking band on the planet.

Dave's Bitch
05-13-2011, 11:07 AM

SNAP

I Love Steven and his bizzare jive talk

Dave's Bitch
05-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Just finished Keith's book, so the last thing I wanted to do was pick up another bio, but this one drew me in.

Like Van Halen, Aerosmiths first 6 albums are fuckin' solid. The problem with their later albums is that you have to dig past their hit singles and co-written bullshit to find flashes of their brilliance. "My Fist Your Face", "St. John", and "Voodoo Medicine Man" all have that vintage killer Aerosmith groove.

It's fashionable to say they suck post-rehab, but that's because this is the internet, and folks tend to split ass-hairs or make lame attempts to show you how fucking smart or cutting edge they think they are. Peer pressure must be a torturous bitch...
Anyways...their "Unplugged" performance is undeniably fucking awesome. All of them locked into one groove, and Tyler using every percussion instrument within reach to contribute to the tunes.
One could only wish to be in a band with half that talent.

The only Aerosmith album I can't bring myself to listen to is "Just Push Play" because Joe went overboard with the fucking Pro-Tools, which is a very un-Aerosmith way of doing things.

Other than that, I'd put Aerosmith up against any other fucking band on the planet.

I'll second that.Beyond Beautiful is a good song though

DlocRoth
05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
That sucked.

binnie
05-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Ouch.

Huge Aerosmith fan, but that was half-arsed. In fact, it actually hurt a little.

VAiN
05-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Terrible. Seeing clips of the band in there is kinda fucked up.

Diamondjimi
05-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Couldn't take more than a minute. What a steaming lump of shit... :shiznit:

chefcraig
05-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Terrible. Seeing clips of the band in there is kinda fucked up.

That's because it was a fan-thrown-together clip made with stock footage. Unfortunately, the "official" video isn't much better. Instead of the band, you get elephants, circus performers and Tyler carrying on with women 1/3 his age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxmOKchftcE

DlocRoth
05-14-2011, 12:25 PM
The title isnt helping either......:barf:

Diamondjimi
05-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Couldn't take more than a minute. What a steaming lump of shit... :shiznit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxmOKchftcE

Jagermeister
05-20-2011, 04:21 PM
STEVEN TYLER Interviewed By NIKKI SIXX (Audio) - May 20, 2011

AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler was interviewed on the May 10, 2011 edition of "Sixx Sense", the national radio program hosted by MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx. Tyler gave Sixx his first in-depth radio interview — connecting on a personal level about their common goal of finding and breaking new artists, Tyler through his role as a judge on "American Idol" and Sixx as host of the radio show syndicated to over 70 alternative and mainstream rock stations by Premiere Networks. In a deep and personal interview, Tyler sat down with Sixx to talk about his new autobiography, "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?", becoming a judge on "American Idol", his new single (his first U.S. solo single ever), "(It) Feels So Good", and to catch up on lives well lived. Both icons of rock can boast a literal return from the dead to now being on top of the world.

"We got to really talk about how important it is to give young artists a shot," said Sixx who leads by example. "The audience is dying for new rock stars and Steven and I are using our new positions in the media to introduce the future of the music industry," he continued. Hear their conversation tonight on "Sixx Sense" at 7 p.m. local time.

Unlike the years that AEROSMITH and MÖTLEY CRÜE spent together on tour, recording albums in the same studio and coming up through the clubs, talent is now discovered differently and these two heroes of rock are committed to finding the artists with quality of content.

You can now listen to Sixx's interview with Steven Tyler using the media player below
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="320" height="384" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=1693&c=386387&l=90167&s=1340666&tbid=404115" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>
x Sense" just celebrated a year on the air and is complemented by "The Side Show Countdown With Nikki Sixx", which airs on the weekends. The daily program "Sixx Sense" airs at 7 p.m. local time Monday-Friday. Both radio shows as well as "American Idol" offer a platform to discover and deliver new music on the modern launching pads of mainstream television and radio. "Sixx Sense" can also be heard on its own Sirius XM satellite radio channel airing 24/7 on XM 161.

FORD
05-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Who the fuck does Sixx think he's kidding with this crap.....

"We got to really talk about how important it is to give young artists a shot," said Sixx who leads by example. "The audience is dying for new rock stars and Steven and I are using our new positions in the media to introduce the future of the music industry,"

American Idol does not create rock stars. It creates factory produced plastic "idols" (hell, it's in the name of the goddamn show, for Christ's sake!) who can't write songs or play instruments.

Motley Crue would never passed an American Idol audition. Neither would Aerosmith. Had this been the "standard" way to get a record deal in the 70's and 80's, we wouldn't have to put up with either Tyler or Sixx today, because we never would have heard of either one.

Of course this website also wouldn't exist, as there never would have been a Van Halen under those conditions either. :(

Unchainme
05-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I hate that fucking piece of shit show.

"DURR! LOOK AT HIM! HE'S WEARING A LEATHER JACKET AND SINGING A 3 DOORS DOWN COVER! HE'S SUCH A ROCKER!"..

Fuck off with that shit. He's not a "rocker" (and christ I hate that fucking term now, along with "rockstar" as it's been beyound misused), does he play an instrument? bang a shit ton of groupies and then brag about it? drink whiskey on stage and diss other bands about it? Can he play the bass, guitar, drums, or scream like a motherfucker?

Could you imagine, like Ford said, if someone like Lemmy tried to make it on the show?

Also, FUCK YOU STEVEN TYLER. I loved your albums with Aerosmith in the 70's, and Rocks is probably in my top 5 favorite albums ever, and it's really degrading and shameful what you've morphed into.