PDA

View Full Version : Don't think I'll be trying this anytime soon....

Diamondjimi
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
CN Tower offers thrill-seekers chance to walk on the edge

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/MrFCgwmxDq26.zpr9bjKQw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0yNDk7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_ca/News/Capress/CPT11257497_high.jpg

This artist's rendition shows a proposed walkway near the top of the CN Tower in Toronto.

TORONTO - As if the view from the top of the CN Tower isn't thrilling enough — people will soon be able to walk around the ledge outside.

The famous Toronto landmark is offering a new attraction this summer called EdgeWalk.

Thrill-seekers will be able to walk hands-free along a 1.5-metre-wide ledge around the top of the tower's main pod, 356 metres above the ground.

They'll be wearing safety harnesses attached to an overhead rail and trained guides will lead the adventurous walkers in groups of six to eight.

Those brave enough to walk the walk will be rewarded with some breathtaking open-air views of Toronto and Lake Ontario.

The entire experience will run about 90 minutes, with the walk itself lasting 20 to 30 minutes.

Walkers will have to meet height and weight requirements, and officials say the attraction was designed with the utmost safety and security in mind.

"EdgeWalk is both thrilling and unique and will push visitors to their limits — literally and figuratively," said Mark Laroche, president and CEO of Canada Lands Company, which owns and operates the CN Tower.

The attraction is set to open Aug. 1 and advance ticket sales begin in June. Tickets will cost $175 and include keepsake video, photo and certificate of achievement.

The EdgeWalk website can be found at www.edgewalkcntower.ca

Hardrock69
05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
There is no fucking way you could pay me enough to do that. Not only that, wonder how long a walkway like that would be open after the first couple of suicide jumpers?

Diamondjimi
05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
There is no fucking way you could pay me enough to do that. Not only that, wonder how long a walkway like that would be open after the first couple of suicide jumpers?

Ha, no shit. Guaranteed there'll be some fuckin loser with a pocket knife ready to cut the harness and fall into oblivion.

Diamondjimi
05-10-2011, 12:58 PM
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Nitro Express
05-10-2011, 12:58 PM
It's always safe until shit happens.

Nitro Express
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Ha, no shit. Guaranteed there'll be some fuckin loser with a pocket knife ready to cut the harness and fall into oblivion.

I hear people complain all the time that the world is too overpopulated so why do we care if people do kill themselves? It seems to me it's solving a problem. Maybe they should just put in a diving board and put one on the golden gate bridge as well.

Diamondjimi
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM

Hardrock69
05-10-2011, 01:06 PM
I taped a documentary about Dar Robinson.

MAN! That motherfucker had fucking balls the size of the moon!

And he died in a garden-variety traffic accident. Where is the justice? :(

PETE'S BROTHER
05-10-2011, 01:12 PM
i am scared as shit of heights, fuck no. :019:

Blaze
05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh Yea! That would be a certificate of achievement for my Love Me wall... I want that! That is smoking hot amazing.

hambon4lif
05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
I hear people complain all the time that the world is too overpopulated so why do we care if people do kill themselves? It seems to me it's solving a problem. Maybe they should just put in a diving board and put one on the golden gate bridge as well.That's a very odd point of view from someone who lives in Jackhole with 5 other people (well, actually 6 if you count the Sheriff).

What could you possibly know about overpopulation??

Nitro Express
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
That's a very odd point of view from someone who lives in Jackhole with 5 other people (well, actually 6 if you count the Sheriff).

What could you possibly know about overpopulation??

Because I lived in New York City and Hong Kong before I lived here. Maybe I moved here because I was tired of sitting in traffic jams and I love the low taxes here. The people in New York can keep their taxes.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
The people in New York can keep their taxes.

wish i could :(

Nitro Express
05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
In New York City you pay city income tax, state income tax, and federal income tax. Then everything is real expensive due to the population density and the corruption. You can't get anything done cheap in New York. Then the whole infrastructure is starting to fall apart. It's because so much money is going to social welfare. It was the same in New Orleans. I was there before Katrina hit and the roads were falling apart and this is in a warm climate that roads tend to last longer. I was wondering where all the tax money was going and then it dawned on me it was all the welfare.

When you live in places with a lot of people on welfare, the infrastructure tends to go, the politics gets real corrupt, and the place goes to hell. The only difference is there is a lot of money in New York City due to it being a financial and cultural center. Most of the jobs are really gone from there and a lot of people are just living on the dole in the whole state. I lived upstate and just watched jobs move out to other states because of the taxes. Now California has made the same mistake.

If anyone thinks a ton of welfare makes things better then they don't live in reality. It makes people dependent, lazy, and it makes the politicians too powerful and the taxes go through the roof.

Diamondjimi
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh Yea! That would be a certificate of achievement for my Love Me wall... I want that! That is smoking hot amazing.

You lost me here......

Are you referring to having your picture taken while walking the edge?

Blaze
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
You lost me here......

Are you referring to having your picture taken while walking the edge?

The article says:
"The attraction is set to open Aug. 1 and advance ticket sales begin in June. Tickets will cost $175 and include keepsake video, photo and certificate of achievement."

I want that for my Love Me wall. Don't ya have a Love Me (or Love, Me) wall, Jimi? It is a wall that has your awards, diplomas, certificates, associations, letters, events, photos, etc... that makes you feel love... that you would want another's to love, things that really show who you are and your strife, your chaff..
On mine, not all of my Love Me stuff goes up there and I rotate it out or in depending on ... stuff and things

On mine right now, generally for the most part, I have places I have lived, favorite homes, some awards, a sign I painted in the middle of no where long ago and far away, generally what is up there now remind me of people and places and shows others... well I am not sure... I have never seen my Love me wall as another person. :biggrin:

VAiN
05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Yikes! No way in hell I'd do that.... just thinking about it makes me feel funny.

Hardrock69
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I held off on playing video games for as long as I could, because I knew if I found a good one, I would become an addict, lol.

So in 2002, I got a copy of Star Wars: Mysteries Of The Sith. Compared to today, the graphics sucked ass, but there were parts of the game where I was up on narrow ledges, where one missed step meant a 2,000-foot drop.

So, once I got into that segment of the game, I found out really quickly that my palms would get really sweaty, lol. And these days, with the increase in graphic realism in PC games, it still affects me the same way if I am, say, on top of a skyscraper looking over the edge.

Flying does not bother me for some reason, but I do not like being up on the 85th floor of tall buildings AT ALL.

Candy Girl
05-10-2011, 06:10 PM
There is no fucking way you could pay me enough to do that.

What he said. Yikes!