PDA

View Full Version : Feds raid Gig Harbor home in search of rock star's cyberattacker

Diamondjimi
05-10-2011, 07:44 PM
GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- A nationwide hunt for cyberattackers on a rock star's website brought federal agents to a home in Gig Harbor with guns drawn.

Rocker Gene Simmons has been burning mad at a group of cyberattackers calling themselves "anonymous", who took responsibility for shutting down his website last fall.

The attack on the reality star came shortly after Simmons condemned music pirating.

According to a federal warrant, federal investigators say they traced the attack to a house in Gig Harbor. And last week, before dawn, federal agents raided the Lantz family.

"I had no idea," Rhoda Lantz said. "All they said was something about internet crime."

She says agents took her teenage son's computer and questioned him for hours.

"It's all because my son went to a message board and some little worm was put into his computer," Lantz said.

She says it didn't take long for investigators to realize he wasn't the real source.

"They ruled him out as one of the masterminds and they weren't there to arrest him," she said. "They were on a fact finding mission and to take the computer."

She feels the feds overreacted.

"I think it's really stupid that they are wasting so much of the taxpayers money over Gene Simmons of KISS," she said.

http://www.celebcosmeticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/image-import/Gene%2BSimmons%2Bphotorazzi.jpg

We called Simmons' attorney in Los Angeles, but he has not called back. Lantz can't believe her family was put through a federal raid.

"It's over Gene Simmons, I mean he's an old rocker has been," she said. "Come on."

No charges have been filed in connection to the raid. Lantz says the feds told her it could take four months to get her son's laptop back.

LINK (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/121427249.html?)

Nitro Express
05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
They all love to send the goons in with MP5 machine guns now. Not too long ago it would be federal agents knocking on the door wanting to ask some questions. This isn't the Mexican drug cartel or middle eastern terrorists. It's a kid with a computer in a residential home. If anyone doesn't think this country is not turning into a police state they live in la la land.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
bloolith ! look out ! they are on to you

Jesus Christ
05-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Chaim really needs to get over himself. Verily, so does the RIAA.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Chaim really needs to get over himself. Verily, so does the RIAA.

sesh is lookin' for you in the bible thread :baaa:

hambon4lif
05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
She feels the feds overreacted.

"I think it's really stupid that they are wasting so much of the taxpayers money over Gene Simmons of KISS," she said.

"It's over Gene Simmons, I mean he's an old rocker has been," she said. "Come on."Sounds like bitter words from an ex-groupie if you ask me.

Maybe she got boned in the ass and tossed in the trash during the Dynasty tour, and now she's seeking revenge.

Setting her kid up to take the hit is pretty fucking ruthless, though.

Nitro Express
05-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Well the born again christians say after the third temple is built the anti-Christ will enter the holy of hollies and declare himself God. Some say he will be a jew.

I can picture Gene Simmons calling himself God.:biggrin:

hambon4lif
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
If anyone doesn't think this country is not turning into a police state they live in la la land.Double negatives doesn't always not make me laugh...

FORD
05-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Well the born again christians say after the third temple is built the anti-Christ will enter the holy of hollies and declare himself God. Some say he will be a jew.

I can picture Gene Simmons calling himself God.:biggrin:

Actually I seem to remember an interview where Gene said "I always wanted to BE God". And he was born in Israel.

BITEYOASS
05-10-2011, 10:12 PM
They all love to send the goons in with MP5 machine guns now. Not too long ago it would be federal agents knocking on the door wanting to ask some questions. This isn't the Mexican drug cartel or middle eastern terrorists. It's a kid with a computer in a residential home. If anyone doesn't think this country is not turning into a police state they live in la la land.

Well they have to waste...I mean use that homeland security money somehow.

Blaze
05-10-2011, 10:44 PM
"It's all because my son went to a message board and some little worm was put into his computer," Lantz said.
:rolleyes: :019: :fiddle: :argh: :duh: