PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

TFM_Dale
05-11-2011, 09:34 AM
San Jose well on their way to pulling another choke job. As a Red Wing fan I am loving it but what is the deal with the Sharks? Choke after choke by these clowns, seems like the Wings are the only good team that has a hard time with these assholes.

kwame k
05-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I know......WTF, it's almost like the Wings need their backs against the wall to be interested in playing these guys!

Coming back from 3-0 is an impossible task but makes for great hockey if "your" team is making the comeback.

TFM_Dale
05-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Sharks gutted out a tough game 7 win. Now Vancouver gets to finish the choke artists off. Bet the Canucks win in 5 if not sweep the Sharks.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Sharks gutted out a tough game 7 win. Now Vancouver gets to finish the choke artists off. Bet the Canucks win in 5 if not sweep the Sharks.

I sure hope so, but it is going at least 6.

My prediction is that the Sedins get going in this series due to the more open style of play the Sharks play.

Kesler is all-world and a top 5 player in the league. I was saying this to anyone who would listen halfway through the season. He does absolutely everything well: top shut-down forward, 41 goals, PP, penalty kill, blocks shots, sits in front of the net getting hacked. Unreal player and an American!!!

Nucks are the top offensive and defensive team this year, which is an incredible feat. That will be the decider...being able to win the close games against a good Sharks team.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2011, 01:21 PM
BTW, if Atlanta does end up going to WInnipeg (which looks vey likely) the Wings would then move to the Eastern Conference where they belong.

For you Dale, this means a really weak conference and a very easy path to the Cup each and every year. Enjoy!

TFM_Dale
05-13-2011, 03:07 PM
We have been in the West so long being in the East will be weird lol. Wondering why you think it will go 6, Sharks got their asses handed to them by Shitcago last year after playing the Wings and the Canucks seem like a better team to me.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I think it is near impossible to sweep this deep in the playoffs.

I personally don't really like some of the Sharks (Thornton), but Dan Boyle is a top tier D-man and Niemi is a good goalie. Thornton played well last night.

I like some of their younger players - Setogouchi, Ben Eager. Heatly will score as well.

San Jose is a big team and thus potentially a tougher matchup for Vancouver.

If the style is wide-open, the Nucks will dominate.

Romeo Delight
05-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Also, no team with 18 Canadian players on their roster is going to be swept in the Conference Finals

PETE'S BROTHER
05-14-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AgtFaRQTVImzCU_UiDhpCmWbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTQ3YXQ 0ZzI3BGEDMTEwNTE0IHNwb3J0cyBib29nYWFyZCBkZWFkIHQEY 3BvcwMxBGcDaWQtOTE4NzgEaW50bAN1cwRpdGMDMARtcG9zAzE EcGtndAM0BHBrZ3YDMTEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3RkLWZlYXQEc2xrA 3RpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAxBHdvZQMxMjc4MTA1NQ--/SIG=146kkoqjk/EXP=1305480715/**http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Derek-Boogaard-of-the-New-York-Rangers-passes-aw%3Furn=nhl-wp4873

Terribly tragic news in the hockey world tonight as New York Rangers forward Derek Boogaard(notes) has passed away at the age of 28.

R.I.P. :(

Romeo Delight
05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Looks like Atlanta to Winnipeg is all but done.

I am hearing that it will be another year before Detroit will go to the Eastern conference.

Winnipeg will be in the Eastern Conference this year, which makes sense given how quickly everything is happening.

Who knows...there is talk Nashville could go to the East and Detroit could stay.

Romeo Delight
05-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Nucks dominated game #1. They are a third period team all year and last game was no different.

Sedins were the difference as I predicted. Still going 6 though

TFM_Dale
05-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Still saying 5 if the Sharks are lucky.

TFM_Dale
05-20-2011, 02:37 PM
With the Canucks up 2-0 game 3 will show us if it is the same old folding Sharks or if they have actually turned over a new leaf. My money is on them folding, maybe they can talk the Canucks into wearing a Detroit uniform so they can actually grow a set for a game and play Vancouver tough.

VAiN
05-20-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm enjoying the Sharks & Canucks series... I don't get to see either team play much, so I like it. In the East, I'm pulling for Boston because I can't stand Tampa...

The Sharks need to do some pretty serious regrouping after the complete disassembly they showcased in period 3 of game 2....

Romeo Delight
05-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Well that was a horrible game and I blame the officials. Was it 18 penalties?

That first on on the Canucks was ridiculous.

Basically, I do think the NHL is motivated to have these series extended. The refs in game 2 should have kept Eager under control and they over-reacted this game.

By not suspending Eager, we now have another more malicious blind-side hit on Canuck's D Rome.

He will be out for at least 2 games if not the rest of the playoffs. You can't start making up for lost calls the next game.

The nucks own the Sharks 5 on 5 and with a comparable amount of power plays. Canucks in 6

Warham
05-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Bruins vs Canucks!

FORD
05-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Go Canucks, eh?

Romeo Delight
05-28-2011, 03:46 PM
The Nucks will win...in 5

Romeo Delight
05-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Go Canucks, eh?

Nice av Ford, But this one is better:

http://www.canadasflagking.com/cfk_shop/images/Vancouver_Johnny_Canuck_flag.png

Johnny Canuck!!!!!

VAiN
05-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm pulling for Vancouver.. I'd like to see Roberto get a cup.

Romeo Delight
05-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Best American in Hockey = Kesler= Beast

Warham
05-29-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm going to go with Boston in six.

Best goaltender and the best 5 on 5 play in the NHL.

Romeo Delight
05-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Best goalie? Not either of these two. I'd go with Buffalo's goalie as the best in the league,

Best 5 on 5? Maybe in the East.

The Eastern conference is the red-headed step-child of the NHL.

Canucks are going to physically punish the Bruins and out-skill them.

Nickdfresh
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Best goalie? Not either of these two. I'd go with Buffalo's goalie as the best in the league,

A fair number of people in Buffalo wouldn't. I like Ryan Miller, but he had an off year, and he's yet to win a really big game so he has his haterz here. Then again, if the Sabres' defense corp hadn't suffered more casualties in 2006 playoffs against Carolina than the Army did in Iraq, I suspect he would have taken home the Cup...

And the Canucks might well out-skill the Bruins, but they ain't going to push them around like you think...

Romeo Delight
05-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Canucks are not big, but they play big. They lead the league in hits in the playoffs and it is not even close.

Romeo Delight
05-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Homerism aside, I don't know how anyone can rationally think the Bruins can win a 7 game series against these Canucks.

The Canucks led every category this year, offensively and defensively.

The only way this series even gets to 6 or 7 games is if Bettman decides that the refs keep their whistles in their pockets.

I would be shocked if Vancouver does not win their first Cup.

lesfunk
05-29-2011, 09:53 PM
GO B's!

Nickdfresh
05-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Homerism aside, I don't know how anyone can rationally think the Bruins can win a 7 game series against these Canucks.

The only way this series even gets to 6 or 7 games is if Bettman decides that the refs keep their whistles in their pockets.

Mark Recchi's going to hit them with his cane (with a small skate on it)!

Warham
05-29-2011, 10:29 PM

There were many who didn't think the Bruins would beat the Habs...or the Flyers...or the Lightning. The Canucks are next on the list.

Romeo Delight
05-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Mark Recchi's going to hit them with his cane (with a small skate on it)!

Gotta love Recchi. Chara is scary, but the Canuck's D is the best in the league. Watch them move the puck. The Bruins will be in shock at how fast this game will go. Imagine the Habs, but this team can hit you and make it hurt.

Oh yeah, they have 2 guys on the same line who lead the league in scoring in the last two years and this year's Selke winner (Kesler) who scored 40 goals!!!

Its gonna be great to watch

Romeo Delight
05-30-2011, 06:12 PM
A fair number of people in Buffalo wouldn't. I like Ryan Miller, but he had an off year, and he's yet to win a really big game so he has his haterz here. Then again, if the Sabres' defense corp hadn't suffered more casualties in 2006 playoffs against Carolina than the Army did in Iraq, I suspect he would have taken home the Cup...

And the Canucks might well out-skill the Bruins, but they ain't going to push them around like you think...

You already know this Nickd, but true hockey fans do not recognize the 1999 Cup that Dallas won. (that Buffalo could have)

It was a BS rule to begin with, but many a goal was nullified for the Crease rule all year long. To have a Triple OT goal decide the Cup that was a crystal clear infraction was a complete rip-off.

I wonder why I watched any hockey that year after watching that unfold.

For those who don't recall:

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/f/no_goal.htm

Romeo Delight
05-30-2011, 07:01 PM
For those conspiracy theorists...I ask the question how it is possible that there could be no penalties called in Game 7 of the Lightning Bruins series?

The NHL head office is suspect in my opinion. Justice must not also be done, but must appear to be done.

That is not the case in the NHL. The Bruins just so happen to have the worst power play perhaps in the history of the NHL playoffs.

There doesn't necessarily have to be any direct communication (althought there may have been) for a ambitious referee(s) to call teh game teh way the league would prefer.

I just can't see how there can be 21 penalties called and then another with zero.

I watched both games (21 and 0) and there were penalties in both...no way you can call zero penalties in that game.

We also have the pending controversy - Colin Campbell has a nephew on the Bruins!!!! How can he be objective should there be a controversial hit, etc and need to render an unbiased decision on a suspension?

My prediction. The refs will call penalties for the first couple of games, and then it will be a free-for-all, which of course benefits the Bruins.

Discuss...

Romeo Delight
05-30-2011, 07:14 PM
oh yeah...there hadn't been a game without a penalty for 20 years. :umm:That is a 2 and a zero - 20.

Also, Tampa had the second most productive power play.

I don't really care how the game is called, just make a decision and stick to it. From the start of the season until the end.

Otherwise, you can't help but think it is dirty pool.

TFM_Dale
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
classic NHL, call it one way for the season and another for the Playoffs. You are preaching to the choir man, I long for the days that officials don't decide pro sports but more times then not it is out of the player's hands and in the hands of the fuck head with a whistle.

Romeo Delight
05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
We also have the pending controversy - Colin Campbell has a nephew on the Bruins!!!! .

Correction!!! It's Colin Campbell's son!!!!! rofl

Romeo Delight
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/06/01/nhl-discipline-czar-colin-campbell-stepping-down/

At least they did the right thing...probably should have done this earlier.

Bettman knows that as a lawyer it is the appearance of a conflict that is at issue. Here it is more than an appearance but a huge conflict.

It is the dream of all parents to see their kids succeed...10 times the case for a Canadian Dad to see his son lift the Stanley Cup.

Unbelievable he held the position at all in my opinion.

Romeo Delight
06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, Game #1 was like Men against Boys. The Bruins weren't much of a threat offensively.

Thomas played well and kept it close, but really, it's just a matter of time before the Canucks learn that Thomas gambles and adjust accordingly. He always bites on the first move.

So for the Nucks to lose the Bruins need to win 4 of the next 6. Just can't see it.

The Canucks are too strong.

Kesler's toe drag kept the play onside and he made the perfect pass to Hansen. Kesler is a beast.

FORD
06-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Lucianno Pavarotti came back from the dead to sing the Canadian anthem? That's cool, but they could have brought him a decent microphone for fucks sake! :biggrin:

FORD
06-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Overtime lasts a whole 11 seconds - Canucks win 3-2 and lead the series 2-0

But even if the Canucks sweep this, it ain't gonna be easy wins.

Romeo Delight
06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Keep gambling Thomas! What a story Burrows is. He had to try out for his East Coast Hockey League team!!

Bruins played better than game #1, but how do you stop these Canucks? All year we have been so strong in the third period because of our speed and constant checking.

These aren't your Big Bad Bruins anymore.

They are the best team in a weak Conference.

Romeo Delight
06-05-2011, 02:37 PM
it's just a matter of time before the Canucks learn that Thomas gambles and adjust accordingly. He always bites on the first move.

That didn't take long...adjust after one game. So sweet Burrows of all people beat Vezina winner and Norris winner on same play :biggrin:

I happened to be outside enjoying the moment with a couple thousand of my closest friends on the big screen at the time. Word is there was over 100,000 in Vancouver watching the game in bars and outdoor venues.

Good times

Romeo Delight
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Too good not to share:

Bob_R
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Used to be a big hockey fan. Not anymore. Regardless, watched the whole game Saturday night. Great game and I'm glad the Canucks won.

Full Bug
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
About time a Canadian team is in the final again, bring home the cup to Canada!!:baaa:

FORD
06-07-2011, 01:05 PM
I still think the Canucks are going to win this thing, but damn.... what the fuck happened last night??

Romeo Delight
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
it's all good Ford...Basically, it all changed when Boston got a couple of bounces...Edler's stick broke to start the second which led to goal #1. Kesler then scored on luongo on the penalty kill.

Luongo is well-known for these types of blow-outs only to return with a stellar performance.

I promise you the Nucks will tighten everything up.

Their system is based on 6 active d-men. They had only 5 after Rome was kicked out.

That is a seperate issue. kind of strange that Rome was knocked out of the playoffs earlier this year in a hit from behind...no suspension given to the offendor.'

In this case, it was a late hit to be sure, but it is what they call a "North-South" hit...so he wasnt coming at him laterally (blind-side).

He was just standing him up albeit late...about a half second too late by NHL standards of a half second.

The new director of officiating actually had the nerve to admit at the presser that he consulted Brian Burke (who held the role previously) but now a rival GM at Toronto.. Does he not know that Burke was fired from Vancouver, finded for tampering with Vancouver, and has publically stated his disdain for theVancouver owners?

All I can say is ...Wow. I don't disagree with 4 games for the infraction, but you don't make a precedent in the Stanley Cup Final!!!!

Precedent is one game. This punishment is out of line. There have been two-handers to the knees to Bieksa and a punch in the head from Lucic to Burrows where a minor wasn't even called.

Bizarre. Don't get me started on the relationship the Bruins owner has with Bettman and his position (Chairman of the NHL disciplinary committee)

I wish all the best to Nathan Horton and a quick recovery!

Nickdfresh
06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Stupid frigging local NBC affiliate in Albany, NY would rather show talentless dicklicks like Howie Mandel and their terrible Sunday rerun game shows than show the Stanley Cup Finals! :pullinghair:

lesfunk
06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
GO B's ! Time to bite back! Better yet, just stab a couple of those French Cunts!

chefcraig
06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Stupid frigging local NBC affiliate in Albany, NY would rather show talentless dicklicks like Howie Mandel and their terrible Sunday rerun game shows than show the Stanley Cup Finals! :pullinghair:

Does anyone know why tomorrow night's game is being broadcast on the Bicycle channel? :duh:

Romeo Delight
06-07-2011, 08:37 PM
The new director of officiating said in his presser today that he reached his decision after tyalking to Doctors...

So what he is basically saying is he isn't basing his unprecedented 4 game Finals suspension on the hit, but on the result.

Where he is wrong is that the players know full well, times out of 10, their hits from behind, etc will not result in an injury.

What will end up happening - more and more bad hits.

If they punish the act itself and ignore the injury you can actually have an effect on these plays. How qualified is this new guy that he would consult a rival GM who has a hate-on for Vancouver?

Anyone remember the blind-side hit on Daniel Sedin by Ben Eager? Unpunished!!!

NHL...you need to get your head out of your A$*

Romeo Delight
06-07-2011, 08:40 PM
GO B's ! Time to bite back! Better yet, just stab a couple of those French Cunts!

The league won't ( or better put can't allow) let the Bruins get away with what happened last game. I couldn't believe how poorly the officials controlled the game.

A full on punch to the face right in front of the refs by Lucic and no penalty? Its all good, but if the Canucks did that it would be 5 minutes. Their owner isn't part of a group of owners keeping Bettman as Commish...

When it got out of control all they could do is toss everyone with 10-minute misconducts. Ridiculous.

Vancouver needed to lose one anyways so we can celebrate the Cup vicotry at home!!

FORD
06-07-2011, 08:49 PM

You can't get CBC in Albany (or where ever you are)? Damn, I thought all the northern border states could get CBC. When I was a kid, I swear we got it with a rooftop antenna, some 200 miles south of Vancouver. I remember watching Sesame Street in French (though I never picked up the language)

FORD
06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Vancouver needed to lose one anyways so we can celebrate the Cup vicotry at home!!

Yeah, I was working that out in my head when I was watching the carnage last night. Even if this goes the full series, Game 7 is in Vancouver. So even if the home team wins every game, Canucks still come out ahead.

Game 5 or Game 7....either works for me (as long as Luongo gets his shit together!)

lesfunk
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroku Yamamoto

VAiN
06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm pulling for Vancouver mostly because they have the most ex-Panthers out of the 2 teams playing, but goddamn that hit was nasty. 4 games is nothing compared to what Horton is going to be going through for the next 6+ months. I feel that Rome made a choice to hit late, high and get off his feet.

I also think Roberto will bounce back after this blow-out. I watched him do it for years here. I still think Vancouver in 6...

Romeo Delight
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
The Director of officiating said it was a clean hit if it was delivered one half second earlier.

The 4 games was given because Aaron Rome is Aaron Rome.

Easy to make an example of a #6 or #7 d-man versus a guy like Chara or Bieksa

The league looks bad because they are so inconsistent. You can't suspend based on an injury or star versus plumber...they need to focus on the behaviour or nothing will change.

Still aghast that he had the nerve to admit he solicited advice from a GM who publically hates one of the teams involved. Insanity

Romeo Delight
06-08-2011, 11:10 AM
You can't get CBC in Albany (or where ever you are)? Damn, I thought all the northern border states could get CBC. When I was a kid, I swear we got it with a rooftop antenna, some 200 miles south of Vancouver. I remember watching Sesame Street in French (though I never picked up the language)

You need to go old school Nick! I know that the CBC still has an analog signals working for now.

Romeo Delight
06-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey Ford, how serious is that story about a Seattle group interested in an NHL franchise?

I forsee a day within 5 years where you have both an NBA and NHL team in a new building and one owner. Who knows, Vancouver may have an NBA team as well.

Can't believe the NBA left these lucrative markets.

Too bad you guys blew your load on the other two stadiums.

Baseball is such a bore, imo

FORD
06-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I really haven't given two shits about the NBA since those OklaHomos stole the Sonics. And I haven't set foot in a Starfucks since Howard Schultz let it happen either. But yeah, eventually there will be another team. And probably the NHL too. I've only actually been to one hockey game in my life, and that was during the short existence of the Tacoma Rockets (I think they're in Kelowna now). I was a little disappointed in the game because there wasn't a single fight. :biggrin:

Unchainme
06-09-2011, 12:25 AM
I really haven't given two shits about the NBA since those OklaHomos stole the Sonics. And I haven't set foot in a Starfucks since Howard Schultz let it happen either. But yeah, eventually there will be another team. And probably the NHL too. I've only actually been to one hockey game in my life, and that was during the short existence of the Tacoma Rockets (I think they're in Kelowna now). I was a little disappointed in the game because there wasn't a single fight. :biggrin:

Sonicsgate was a damn good doc., made me again, further appreciate the Seattle fanbase.

It's cool to see OKC with a franchise, their fans seem to really have fallen in love with that team and the game itself, it just sucks balls that it was the Sonics who were the victims of greedy assholes. Much. like. my. Browns.

Seattle should get the Sonics back period.

Warham
06-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Luongo is well-known for these types of blow-outs only to return with a stellar performance.

I promise you the Nucks will tighten everything up.

How'd that work out last night?

Tim Thomas has officially entered lock down mode.

Nickdfresh
06-09-2011, 07:19 AM
You need to go old school Nick! I know that the CBC still has an analog signals working for now.

I saw it last night was on Versus. But I'm in a hotel right now in eastern NY, and apparently NBC is shit here, especially in a state with three NHL franchises and about four or five AHL ones. There isn't really all that much as far as bars go, but there is a sports bar and an Applebees nearby. I was just too tired to deal with the douchebag yuppies in the lame sportsbar and I hate mall-chains...

Romeo Delight
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
How'd that work out last night?

Tim Thomas has officially entered lock down mode.

Things are so tight at thos point in the playoffs. I heard that New England sports fans only show up when they are winning, so nioce to see you posting :biggrin:

The Nucks could have gone up by one except one of the Sedin's stick shattered with Thomas out of position. Instead Luongo lets in a softie between the wickets for the first goal.

The game can change on the smallest thing. I forget exactly when it was, but Hansen was going in on a breakaway and he was called on the offside call. Replays showed it wasn't even close.

These things happen though. One of the things that you can't help but think is that the NHL wants 7 games. I can't think of any reason why they are allowing the thugery that the Bruins are employing.

I personally enjoy that type of hockey and the Bruins need to play that way to win. I just don't understand how the league can say one thing about what they will tolerate, play an entire season that way, and then let it all fall to the wayside for the Finals.

Again, not complaining but I don't think it makes any sense for the league to operate that way. I bet the games are called differently in Vancouver to keep the home team winning and then the 7th game will be a toss-up.

I find it really funny that the Bruins are winning the PR war and how somehow the Nucks are the cheap-shot artists.
Sure Burrows and Lapierre talk alot, but the Bruins have been delivering two handers all series long and nothing is being called.
But somehow they saw Kesler make a slash late in the third. I just can't make any sense of that.

I am a bit worried as Kesler apparently has a major injury and is playing on one leg.

Hockey is perhaps teh one sport where home ice means alot. The last change will help the Nucks minimize the impact of the Bruins shut-down guys. That is part of the reason Chara made so many mistakes in Vancouver. He had to play so much more in order to try and match up with teh Sedin line.

Romeo Delight
06-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Just one more rant...the NHL needs to have some consistency in determining what a penalty is and isn't.

At the end of the game Burrows taps the knob end of Thomas' stick...trying to annoy him for sure.

Thomas responds with a two hander and full wind-up with that huge piece of lumber that is a goalie stick and then follows that up with a blocker to Burrows face before Burrows decides to retaliate with a shot in the general area of Thomas' head. Talk about intent to injure.

I am not saying Thomas shhould be suspended necessarily, but a 2 minute minor? He probably should have been kicked out, particularly given the time of game and what the refs were doing in similar circumstances the game before.

I couldn't believe it when the ref appeared to be asking Thomas if he was alright as the Bruins piled on the diminutive Burrows. Unbelievable! Just some consistency would be nice.

I think Thomas outweighs Burrows by about 50 lbs, rofl. "Are you alright?" Did you sprain your arm swinging that 10 pound weapon at Burrow's knee?

Nickdfresh
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, are you ready to rumble?

Romeo Delight
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
That's more like it Nucks!!

Can't understand calling Burrows and Lucic for minors. Lucic with the slew foot and Burrows for being Burrows I guess. That after 3 minor penalties against the Canucks. Only one penalty should have been called there

C'mon

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Is there a bigger candy ass in the NHL other than Alex Burrows???? The entire Vancouver team is a bunch of fucking hacks....if they do end up winning the Cup, it will be the sorriest day in the NHL since Anaheim won the Cup

Romeo Delight
06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Hacks? More like most skilled team in the NHL being brought down by a complete turnaround in officiating...allowing the less skilled Bruins to hack and hold and hack and hold some more.

That "Candy-ass" singlehandedly beat the Bruins in game two. That "Candy-ass" beat Vezina winner Thomas and Norris winner Chara on same play to win the game. Oh yeah that was his second goal and 3rd point of that game.

Name me one Cup winner in the history of the NHL who didn't have someone who pushed the other team's buttons? Burrows happens to have the skill to play on the #1 line in all of hockey. Best line in the world statistically for 2 consequitive years.

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Vancouver is the sorriest city in the history of professional sports....even Canadians hate Vancouver.....also had their black, orange, and yellow uniforms named the ugliest in pro sports....need more????

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 09:21 PM
The Detroit Red Wings never had a pussy like Burrows on their team......

Romeo Delight
06-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Another ridiculous penalty...Thomas is out of his crease and suddenly Kesler can move mountains at will...in the case the 6'9" Chara into Thomas?

C'mon.

Romeo Delight
06-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Vancouver is the sorriest city in the history of professional sports....even Canadians hate Vancouver.....also had their black, orange, and yellow uniforms named the ugliest in pro sports....need more????

you're an idiot. Talk sports or go home.

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Can't handle the truth??

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Who did the Red Wings have that was as sorry as Burrows????

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Then you have Kesler. who during the last Olympics, says that he hates Canadians......What a stupid idiotic team

FORD
06-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Anybody else here see the irony of a guy with a black, orange, and yellow flag in his avatar complaining about black, orange, and yellow uniforms? :biggrin:

Having said that, I'll admit I like the other colors better. Probably because they borrowed them from the Seahawks.

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I have made my point....enough said...your team sucks

PumpedUpMidget
06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
By the way, it's a yellow , black, and red flag, Skippy.......

Romeo Delight
06-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Well that is quite the statement. Shutout Luongo in a game where the Nucks dominated from a physical perspective.

One more win for the Cup!

Still can't understand the bias the linesmen and refs are showing. Throwing out Henrik in the last minute from the faceoff circle? For what?

How many time was the Bruin in the faceoff circle with his skates way to far forward past the hash marks? Even Kesler pointed it out about 3 times and the linesman wanted to drop the puck. I mean what is that exactly?

Ok I guess let it go, but then to kick Henrik out for nothing that I could see is just mind-boggling. One more win baby!!

Romeo Delight
06-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I have made my point....enough said...your team is about to win the Stanley Cup

:biggrin:

VAiN
06-11-2011, 04:08 AM
By the way, it's a yellow , black, and red flag, Skippy.......

Umm.. It's yellow, red & black from bottom to top and black, red & yellow the other way. Just sayin...

VAiN
06-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Dupe post

Romeo Delight
06-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Game # 6 - elimimnation game for the Bruins. What tricks do they have up their sleeve for tonights game?

Last game was the appearance of Bobby Orr. The Bruins coach has exhausted his repoitoire of holier than thou assumptions of innocence after his players did the exact opposite as he said they would and taunted the Canucks players far more than the Canucks were doing

What will the Bruins do toninght for extra motivation? Word is they are going to summon the dead! That's right! Old Bruins no longer of this world will be brought back to help with close calls for offsides and goal mouth scambles. It will be a doozy of a game!!

VAiN
06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm looking forward to tonights game... hopefully it's a good one. I want to see Roberto play like he did in the last game... just fan-fuckin-tastic!

Matt White
06-13-2011, 02:25 PM
I always want an original 6 team to win..............

I just hope it's a good game...and a GREAT game 7

PumpedUpMidget
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Boston domination........Luongo looked pretty good tonight

VAiN
06-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Good lord! Luongo just cannot win in Boston! The 1st isn't even done yet and it's waaaaay ugly..

Romeo Delight
06-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Any goalie can be beaten and there were two good shots with poor defensive play. I don't blame Luongo. If you know hockey you know his D made mistakes on each of the 3 goals.

The entire game ends differently if that puck doesn't jump over Henrik's stick...

Can't wait for game 7 where at home Luongo's GAA is under 1:00...0.86 I think.

These two teams play in round 2 or three and the Nucks sweep just because the games are called differently in the Cup Final.

This year especially. The league is so adamant that a penalty is a penalty and teams draft and trade accordingly. Last year's Final was nothing like this in terms of what they let go.

It's all good, some consistency would be nice.

Looks like EA Sports will end up predicting 13 of 14 series correctly, including the Nucks winning in 7

VAiN
06-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Sure, any goalie can be beaten... If the queen had balls, she'd be the king. What's your point? Thomas has been so solid this series and Luongo really has been hot and very cold. I do appreciate how you have an excuse for his cold periods. If this, than that. The point is it happened. I'm of the opinion that clutch goalies make saves.

Game 7 is going to be good... I'm really on the fence at this point. Roberto better go take another stroll to clear his head again.

redblkwht
06-14-2011, 02:20 AM
1 game series now, i dunno my gut is saying a canadian win game 7..this is better series than i thought going in.
cheers:beers8:

lesfunk
06-14-2011, 02:40 AM
That Luongo character should have kept his goddamn mouth shut . I can't imagine the excuses those Canadian douches will have if they lose.

Romeo Delight
06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Luongo put himself in this situation to be sure with his comments.

Then again, there were alot of comments more assinine from Boston's coach throughout the series.

I didn't think we would win Game 6.

Things are so close in the Finals and last change for the home team has proven to be the difference in every game of this series.

Thomas seems to have been more consistent.

The reason I think the Nucks will win is because even in the losses in Boston, Vancouver outplayed Boston for periods at a time (Game #3 and 4, period 1), (Game #6, period 2 and 3 and most of #1)

You can't tell me Boston carried the play at any time in Vancouver, save for a 90 second span in game 5.

Luongo has dominated at home in these playoffs so he has that going for him

Romeo Delight
06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm of the opinion that clutch goalies make saves.

nothing more clutch than game 7

Romeo Delight
06-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Take the third goal...It is the job of the Canucks d on a penalty kill to clear the guy in front of Luongo so he can see the puck. Not only did he not do that, but he stood beside the Bruin, creating a wall of screen so Luongo really had no chance on that goal.

When a goalie plays amazing most of the time it is the result of a good system with both forwards and d contributing to the success.

The Canucks broke down in short spans in every game in Boston.

In Vancouver, both teams played sound, but Boston rarely threatened offensively - mainly due to the perfect team play. Luongo had to be solid and make the occasional special save.

All of the goals Vancouver scored were plays were they took advantage of Thomas' gambling style. He can be beaten for sure. He is a great goalie, but can't stop the Canucks.

If Vancouver wins it won't be becasue of Luongo but because of solid team play. I don't believe goalies are as important as everyone thinks

PETE'S BROTHER
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
A new Canadian study shows that in a hockey-mad country like Canada, people are willing to put off a trip to the emergency room to watch an important game.

The study found that ER visits fell dramatically during last year's men's gold medal Olympic hockey game, suggesting that a major event may influence whether patients decide they are sick enough for such a trip.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110613/gold-medal-game-er-visit-drop-110613/20110613/?hub=EdmontonHome

found this interesting

VAiN
06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
All of the goals Vancouver scored were plays were they took advantage of Thomas' gambling style. He can be beaten for sure. He is a great goalie, but can't stop the Canucks.

Thomas can stop the Canucks in Boston, that's for sure... His numbers are stellar... whether he has a better D/team in front of him or he's just a better playoff goalie - you can't argue with the stats. I'd have him on my team any day. Game 7 will be fun... I really can't pick one or the other...

Romeo Delight
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Much has been made in the media about the Vancouver Canucks and taunting etc.

Frankly it is a media bias because Boston is an Original Six team and because people grew up watching the Bruins across Canada and the US and although the Bruins have been dirtier and taunted more, somehow, the perception is there that the Bruins are a working-man's team and full of vim and vigor.

Look at this video where Mason Raymond doesn't touch the puck but is headlocked and driven into the boards, smashing his vertabrae. He was completely defenseless.

It should go without saying that no penalty was called on the play of course.

Listen to the classy Boston fans taunt...When Horton went down all of the Canucks were very concerned and respectful. Same can't be said here:

Romeo Delight
06-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Name me a Stanley Cup Finals where the stars of the league...in this case (consequitive years) scoring leaders Daniel and Henrik Sedin would be allowed to be hacked and cheap-shotted to this degree?

They shouldn't call everything as this is a man's game and the Finals, but the Bruins have been allowed to spear and slash with impunity against the NHL's elite players.

This is unprecedented in the modern-day NHL playoffs and a by-product of who the Bruin's owner is, his relationship with Bettman and position as Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee and general Eastern bias.

VAiN
06-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Look at this video where Mason Raymond doesn't touch the puck but is headlocked and driven into the boards, smashing his vertabrae. He was completely defenseless.

It should go without saying that no penalty was called on the play of course.

Listen to the classy Boston fans taunt...When Horton went down all of the Canucks were very concerned and respectful.

I definitely agree with you there... the Boston fans just seem like a classless bunch..

Romeo Delight
06-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Look at what Boychuck does...puts his stick between Raymond's legs (called a can opener) so he can't control where he is going...grabs him by the head and pile-drives him vertabrae first into the unforgiving boards.

Nice. That's not hockey. He didn't even touch the puck.

At least with the Nathan Horton hit, Horton had the puck and it was an honest hockey play...a late hit for sure, but no ill-intent.

This is all about hurting a guy. The NHL letting the Bruins cheap-shot to their hearts content results here in a guy who won't be able to sit/walk for 5-6 months

Nickdfresh
06-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Here's some highlights of the Vancouver Canucks play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KrYXgHwTk&feature=related

lesfunk
06-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Who whines more? The Vancouver team or the fans?

Warham
06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I heard that New England sports fans only show up when they are winning, so nioce to see you posting :biggrin:.

To tell you the truth, David, I'm not from New England. I live up here but I'm from the Midwest, Indiana to be exact. The Bruins are the only team that I like out here and that's because hockey isn't a big deal in Indiana, so I didn't root for anybody as a kid. I like 'em because they are scrappers and I've always appreciated the legends like Orr, Bourque, and Neely.

Matt White
06-14-2011, 11:37 PM
I just dug the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED article talking about how all of the playoff teams were trying to replicate the WINGS teams of the late 90's!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Romeo Delight
06-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Here's some highlights of the Vancouver Canucks play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KrYXgHwTk&feature=related

Um, yeah...

The Canucks have one or two notorious guys. The Bruins are just better at embellishing.

Take game #6 where 6'9" 260 lb Chara - an immovable object for the entire series - suddenly flops into his goalie who is way out of his crease when touched by Kesler.

But Thomas is such a workmanlike goalie..salt of the earth of course.:umm:

Pulease

Romeo Delight
06-15-2011, 12:36 PM
I just dug the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED article talking about how all of the playoff teams were trying to replicate the WINGS teams of the late 90's!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

The Wings changed the way teams draft forever. I know the Canucks took a page or two out of the Wings Management Treatise and it has paid huge dividends.

Mike Gillis makes no bones the Wings and how they manage their team is the Gold standard

Romeo Delight
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Romeo Delight
06-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Word is that Nathan Horton is not only waving a flag in front of the Boston faithful as he did in Game #6, but he is well enough to fly across the country. Wait there's more...

I am very happy for Nathan that he is doing well.

However, there are also reports he is dressing and taking the warmup, despit Julien's insistence he won't play.

I don't care about this other than Aaron's Rome's suspension was based completely on the result of the hit which was a reported serious concussion. Serious concussions mean that you are staying in a quiet environment and flying is out of the question.

But now he may be playing? Mason Raymond is unable to travel as his vertabrae is broken and is still in Boston.

When he got hit, the puck was 200 feet away and not even a penalty was called.

Aaron Rome received the longest suspension in Stanley Cup history and is out for tonight's game. What a travesty it will be if Horton is playing tonight.

lesfunk
06-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Are You nuts David? Horton is not playing tonight! Stop Whining ! There will be plenty of time to cry after Vancouver loses but the game ain't over yet!

PumpedUpMidget
06-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Luongo looking really great tonight......

lesfunk
06-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Congrats Boston Bruins!
Listen to those Classy Canadian fans booing during the presentation ceremony LOL!

Warham
06-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeaaaaahhhhhh!

FORD
06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
I'll give the Bruins credit for a well played series. (though that third goal was a bullshit call by the refs).

Canucks just didn't show up like they should have tonight :(

lesfunk
06-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Always some kind of injustice in FORD's world. Fine. Take away the third goal. Bruins still win Three to NOTHING. Can't win a game with ZERO Goals

FORD
06-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Absolutely.... but why was the dumb son of a bitch trying to slide into home plate? Did he get smacked upside the head and think he was in the World Series, instead of the Stanley Cup? :biggrin:

Warham
Burning cars up there already?

lesfunk
I dunno. Maybe Boston will win the World Series this year too!

FORD
06-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Burning cars up there already?

Yeah, CBC is carrying this shit live. Looks like maybe Stevie Wonderbush is using the government badge "anarchists" now. He learned well from his friends at the BCE.

FORD
06-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Something is very odd about this "live" news coverage though..... it's almost 9:30 here on the west coast and the sun is going down. Not quite dark yet, but definitely in the "twilight" phase.... Yet half the footage CBC is calling live is clearly filmed in bright daylight, and the other half, you see the street lights coming on and its a little darker, as it should be. Not all of this is live though. It has to be pre-recorded.

What the fuck????

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I need a couple of days before I can talk about what really matters here...the after game nightmare. So pathetic.

Anyways to the game.

Full credit to the Bruins who were the better team.

It was amazing to see the team defence Boston played. Thomas was excellent, but more credit is due to the team defence. Anytime the Canucks threatened, they had 5 guys back and the middle clogged up.

You could see the effect that had on several great opportunites where the Canucks had to rush passes and they resulted in the puck bouncing over the stick. Thomas didn't have to be spectacular, just solid. Thomas' stats are incredible, but again, it is the team defence and their system that deserves the credit. If you want to look at goalies performing spectecularly, I think of a Hasek or Patrick Roy, who stole games. The Bruins team won their games. Not a slight on Thomas, rather acknowledging how good the team defece was for the Bruins.

On the other end, other than the 3rd goal, I can't blame Luongo. The Canucks #1 line was asleep on the first goal . No one had their assignment and it was a -perfect shot. On goal two Bieksa could have and should have bodied the man instead of playing the puck. Luongo was interfered with by his own player as he scrambled across his crease.

The Bruins were playing as one and it was a thing of beauty.

I still question why blatant slashes to the hands weren't called. Kesler had a broken stick in the first from a two-hander. Of course there were lots that was missed on both sides. The way the game was called does benefit the Bruins. That doesn't take away from the domination and deserving Cup win.

The Canucks need to get better with a power forward. The need an Iginla or Nash and they might have a dynasty on their hands.

All I want going forward is a clear direction from the league as to how the game will be called. Is this year the standard? If so great. Teams can go and draft and trade accordingly.

If a Canadian or small market team comes against a US big market team and the small market team happens to be the more workmanlike of the two, will the league change its stance and call things closer?

I ask the question only becasue the league is run by Bettman, who is in power due to the clique of prominent owners who include the Bruins owner.

Remember, hockey is in trouble in many US markets. There is no conspiracy per se, but when you think about what is at stake for Bettman, the league is it really a stretch to say that he wouldn't make decisions that may have some impact on the outcome via how penalties are called.

Just saying. It would be naive to think that there isn't soem influence there. I just want a clear statement on how the game will be played from the outset of each year and go from there.

chefcraig
06-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Crap. Every town has it's share of clueless assholes, but this is not only sad, it's despicable. :(

Photos: Riots, fire, destruction after Vancouver’s loss (http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/)

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
I love the people who were concerned with getting a picture taken so they could post it to Facebook.

Social media is so cool :umm:

VAiN
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Is the post-game rioting more of a west coast thing? I can't recall anything like that happening on this side...

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
There are people who feel entitled as well as a large contingent of activisits who have other agendas.

Also, take into account we generally are alot more lax in terms of law enforcement and also have a wider applications of rights and freedoms.

Combine all of that with a naive and ill-prepared mayor who didn't take all of the precautions he should have and you have a disaster.

I think it could have easily been prevented. Part of the problem is that we have a general outlook here that people are good versus a more reality-based outlook that should have prevailed especially after previous Game 7 Stanley Cup

PumpedUpMidget
06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
My favorite post game camera shot was of Ryan "I hate Canadians" Kesler crying like the little pussy that he is.....Karma is a bitch, Ryan, maybe you should keep your fucking mouth shut....Vancouver fans need more than a Nash or Iginla type forward, they need a reliable goalie.....Luongo is too inconsistent, and chokes big time come playoffs....

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Kesler is the only Canuck who played well last night. Nothing but love for Kesler

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Congrats to the Bruins.... (It's about time after 40 fucking years.... ;)

Frankly, glad the season is over... Will be happy when this Penguins fan sees 87 and 71 on the ice together once again.... Pens had a legitimate shot at the Cup again until the injuries happened....

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Agreed. Maybe the league will somehow formulate a consistent policy around headshots. IMO the one against Crosby was clearly intentional. Nothing happens by accident at this level of hockey.

He was having an unbelievable year.

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 03:41 PM
dupe.

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Congrats Boston Bruins!
Listen to those Classy Canadian fans booing during the presentation ceremony LOL!

They are booing Bettman...the worst Commish in the history of sport

PumpedUpMidget
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Bud Selig and David Stern are the worst commissioners in the history of sports....

PumpedUpMidget
06-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Bettman may not be the best, but he is not the worst....Hockey is by far the greatest sport in the world, and the NHL is good, but could stand to cut a few teams (Ducks, Predators, Atlanta/Winnipeg, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Devils)

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Bettman may not be the best, but he is not the worst....Hockey is by far the greatest sport in the world, and the NHL is good, but could stand to cut a few teams (Ducks, Predators, Atlanta/Winnipeg, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Devils)

coyotes......

jero
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
dude that flag in your avatar? WTF is that?

PumpedUpMidget
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
German flag.....

VAiN
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM

You had me right up until that last part...

WACF
06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, CBC is carrying this shit live. Looks like maybe Stevie Wonderbush is using the government badge "anarchists" now. He learned well from his friends at the BCE.

Yes...it is most certainly a Neo-Con plot...somehow this will used to take away rights and destroy the left.

All those rioters were undercover Conservative operatives............

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes...it is most certainly a Neo-Con plot...somehow this will used to take away rights and destroy the left.

All those rioters were undercover Conservative operatives............

Turns out the riot was a planned event by the same Anarchist Organizations that didi much the same during the Olympics.

This time they had a crowd of 100,000 to incite...some hooligans jumped at the chance of course.

This was planned:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vancouver+wakes+aftermath+Stanley+riot/4957678/story.html

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Part of the problem is our justice system. I don't want an American style system by any means, but currently the penalties are way too lax. There are huge concerns that even if these people are caught, there will be little done to punish them.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Part of the problem is our justice system. I don't want an American style system by any means, but currently the penalties are way too lax. There are huge concerns that even if these people are caught, there will be little done to punish them.

yet a dui is felonious......

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Is the post-game rioting more of a west coast thing? I can't recall anything like that happening on this side...

Oh no dude, Montreal fans make Vancouver fans like amateurs....

Warham
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Not everyone was rioting last night:

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01287/riot-kissing_jp_1287586cl-f.jpg

Must have been Bruins fans!

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
ace and kristy?

Warham
06-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Even Bruins fans were scoring in Vancouver last night.

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Not everyone was rioting last night:

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01287/riot-kissing_jp_1287586cl-f.jpg

Must have been Bruins fans!

Someone's parents are so very proud!

Warham
06-16-2011, 06:49 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/qntgcm.jpg

Nickdfresh
06-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, at least one Buffalo owner of a major sports franchise is celebrating a major championship --since the 1960s at least.

BITEYOASS
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Damn! For one night, Vancouver just made Detroit look like Mayberry! :biggrin: This never happens when the Red Wings either lose or win the stanley cup, because the police aren't as nice in Vancouver and nobody wants to spend the night in a Detroit jail.

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Damn! For one night, Vancouver just made Detroit look like Mayberry! :biggrin: This never happens when the Red Wings either lose or win the stanley cup, because the police aren't as nice in Vancouver and nobody wants to spend the night in a Detroit jail.

For many, a Vancouver jail might be a step up.

Nice pic Warham!!

Warham
06-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I can't claim credit for it. I found it on a hockey board.

FORD
06-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Turns out the riot was a planned event by the same Anarchist Organizations that didi much the same during the Olympics.

This time they had a crowd of 100,000 to incite...some hooligans jumped at the chance of course.

This was planned:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vancouver+wakes+aftermath+Stanley+riot/4957678/story.html

Yeah, the same "anarchists" who kick in Starfucks windows, still holding a $5 cup of corporate coffee in their hands (see WTO "riots", Seattle 1999)

Those fools carried government badges. Bet on it.

Stevie is drunk with power after his last election. He wants a Canadian "patriot act". Just remember what followed the staged WTO "riots" within less than 2 years.

It's coming, my Hoser friends.... don't let it happen. :(

chefcraig
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Damn! For one night, Vancouver just made Detroit look like Mayberry!

Not quite. This was on my local news at dinnertime...

Neighbors: Woman uses truck to tear off front of Detroit rental home

Tom Greenwood/ The Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com/article/20110615/METRO01/106150374/1409/metro/Neighbors--Woman-uses-truck-to-tear-off-front-of-Detroit-rental-home)

Detroit would never be mistaken for the Biblical city of Jericho, but a wall certainly tumbled down on the city's west side early Tuesday morning. Facing eviction, a woman — believed to be an angry tenant — used a truck and a heavy duty chain to pull down the front of a rental home in the 9300 block of Sussex about 2 a.m.

"We heard all this noise in the middle of the night but didn't think anything about it," said Marcus Todd, 13, who lives next door.

"Then the next morning, we all saw that the front of the house was gone. It was in great shape, too; they really kept it nice."

The house didn't look so nice Tuesday afternoon: The front of the home rested askew on the front lawn so any passerby could look directly into the living room.

There were holes punched in the wall and broken windows on the sides of the home. Furniture and siding lay scattered on the driveway next to the home.

"The basement is flooded," said Darion Perryman, 12, who lives across the street from the house. "And there are clothes and toys still in the house."

Todd said the tenants were a man, a woman and the woman's teenage daughter. Neighbors said they saw a woman, believed to be the tenant, chain a truck to the house.

"They were really pleasant people," Todd said. "They'd lived there longer than I've been alive."

According to tax records, the owner of the home lost it in a tax foreclosure in 2010 after failing to pay 2008 property taxes. The home was then bought at the Wayne County Treasurer's tax sale in October for $3,000 by a company called Angel Haus.

Records show the home is owned by the Angel Group LLC, which could not be reached for comment.

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Stevie is drunk with power after his last election. He wants a Canadian "patriot act". Just remember what followed the staged WTO "riots" within less than 2 years.

It's coming, my Hoser friends.... don't let it happen. :(

I hear you Ford. I don't think it will. I am a bit scared after what happened to the Liberal party this year, but people are still aware of the perils of following the US in the law and order agenda.

This was an organized event by the radical Anarchists...from Vancouver and elsewhere in neighbouring States and Provinces.

They had gas masks, Mohlatov Cocktails...you name it. They were strategical during the Olympics but there was a boatload of security and police there and a calmer, more mature crowd who would not join in.

They orchestrated a well-planned event and had some eager, ignorant cooperaters in the mayhem.

Today, there were hundreds of volunteers helping to clean up the mess

FORD
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
This is exactly what these faux-"anarchists" do. They pick a huge gathering of people, like the WTO demonstrations in Seattle in 1999, or like the hockey game last night. 99.99999% of the people (in both cases) are there for legitimate and peaceful purposes, whether celebrating (or mourning, in this case) the outcome of a game, or marching in favor of organized labor and against corporate greed, as was the case in Seattle.

Suddenly you have a small handful of assholes committing violent acts, and it distorts the entire event.

Who benefits? The ones who want a population cowering in fear.

Romeo Delight
06-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Its scary out there. I think there are some there who truly believe that somehow they should just have a house and not have to work for it...destroy everything and then magically everything will be reborn like the Phoneix rising...

You may have something here though.

BITEYOASS
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Not quite. This was on my local news at dinnertime...

Neighbors: Woman uses truck to tear off front of Detroit rental home

Tom Greenwood/ The Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com/article/20110615/METRO01/106150374/1409/metro/Neighbors--Woman-uses-truck-to-tear-off-front-of-Detroit-rental-home)

Detroit would never be mistaken for the Biblical city of Jericho, but a wall certainly tumbled down on the city's west side early Tuesday morning. Facing eviction, a woman — believed to be an angry tenant — used a truck and a heavy duty chain to pull down the front of a rental home in the 9300 block of Sussex about 2 a.m.

"We heard all this noise in the middle of the night but didn't think anything about it," said Marcus Todd, 13, who lives next door.

"Then the next morning, we all saw that the front of the house was gone. It was in great shape, too; they really kept it nice."

The house didn't look so nice Tuesday afternoon: The front of the home rested askew on the front lawn so any passerby could look directly into the living room.

There were holes punched in the wall and broken windows on the sides of the home. Furniture and siding lay scattered on the driveway next to the home.

"The basement is flooded," said Darion Perryman, 12, who lives across the street from the house. "And there are clothes and toys still in the house."

Todd said the tenants were a man, a woman and the woman's teenage daughter. Neighbors said they saw a woman, believed to be the tenant, chain a truck to the house.

"They were really pleasant people," Todd said. "They'd lived there longer than I've been alive."

According to tax records, the owner of the home lost it in a tax foreclosure in 2010 after failing to pay 2008 property taxes. The home was then bought at the Wayne County Treasurer's tax sale in October for $3,000 by a company called Angel Haus.

Records show the home is owned by the Angel Group LLC, which could not be reached for comment.

LOL That's rather tame, compared to what tenants usually do over there. Which is either set the house on fire or kill the landlord.

FORD
06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP1NyV60WzA

Eyes of the Night
06-16-2011, 08:44 PM
I actually almost got into hockey this year but until they bring it to seattle one day ... just heard about the riot myself 150 peeps 100 got cited or some shit ... It was a killer series and wondering if da canucks are loking for a new goalie yo ...

BITEYOASS
06-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I actually almost got into hockey this year but until they bring it to seattle one day ... just heard about the riot myself 150 peeps 100 got cited or some shit ... It was a killer series and wondering if da canucks are loking for a new goalie yo ...

3 new goalies are more like it!

VAiN
06-17-2011, 01:26 AM
I doubt they'll shop Luongo... Doesnt he have a 10-year deal or something like that?

Diamondjimi
06-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Bettman may not be the best, but he is not the worst....
Ummm, yes he is.... and deserves cancer....

Hockey is by far the greatest sport in the world,
True :baaa:

and the NHL is good, but could stand to cut a few teams (Ducks, Predators, Atlanta/Winnipeg, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Devils)

Winnipeg? Gimme a fuckin break.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-17-2011, 02:06 PM
I can't claim credit for it. I found it on a hockey board.

"riot kiss" gone viral

It's a photo of a couple embraced in a kiss while laying in the middle of a street. The backdrop is the bedlam in the wake of the Canucks' Game 7 loss to the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/articles/2011/06/16/20110616vancouver-hockey-riot-kiss.html#ixzz1PYdu9aPk

Romeo Delight
06-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Luongo will win a Cup in the next 3 years...maybe more than one with these Canucks.

The can resign all of their core. Increase of 5 million in Cap will allow them to upgrade with someone to play with Kesler.

Warham
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see a rematch next year, wouldn't you?

Romeo Delight
06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
I would. We just need a few more Western Canadians in the lineup (like Boston). I like alot of our team, but we need to be stouter up front.

tojoro
06-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, if the riot was the work of activists/anarchists/terrorists, were they also the folks responsible for the riot that occured when the Canucks lost in the Cup finals to the Rangers in '94?
Though it may seem like a wise-ass question, I assure you it is sincere.
I am from Boston, but don't really have a dog in this race, as the only sport I cared about was hockey up until the strike.
I'm happy for the team, the fans and the town, but I'm hoping with this win, I don't have to hear that Bobby Orr soundbite ever again...

chefcraig
06-17-2011, 07:40 PM
It's one thing to blame this idiocy entirely on criminals and anarchists. It's quite another to see all of those douchebags standing in front of the carnage posing for pictures and laughing their heads off. Lemme guess, they were anarchists, too? And just what was the deal with pelting firefighters with rocks and bottles, resulting in several injuries?

I feel terrible for the real hockey fans living in Canada, as this deplorable situation is not a reflection on them, by any means. This lays at the feet of bureaucratic ineptitude and insouciance which allowed these shitheads to run rampant in the first place.

Romeo Delight
06-17-2011, 07:50 PM
I know where you guys are going with this...

All I am saying is there was an organized movement and plan here by people who did the exact same thing during the Olympics...that is start the whole thing with burning of cars, smashing of windows.

Then it was all too easy for other idiots to join in, which they did.

Nothing came of it at the Olympics beause there was basically a huge SWAT team at the ready and the people were dispersed all over the city so no one really saw it or felt the need to participate. Also a much different crowd.

Security here was not at that level and the mayor dropped the ball...preferring to spend the money on bike lanes that no one uses (another story)

Remember, there were well over 100,000 people in the immediate area. Those who participated were a few hundred.

94 was just another circumstance completely but basically happened because we are a little too trusting that people will do the right thing

chefcraig
06-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Trust me, I hear what you are saying, and I'm certain that you and your countrymen are just as appalled at this incident as is the rest of the planet. I know firsthand what it means to have the actions of a several affect the majority of people's opinions of an entire area (the state of Florida is not shaped like a dick by accident). For now, there is a sense of outrage taking place, and how things are handled in the coming days will go a long way toward setting aside these feelings. People want to see justice delivered, and swiftly.

Switch84
06-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Why is it always "someone else's fault" when people do stupid shit? Yeah, some mysterious band of anarchists roam aimlessly around the world waiting for a sports team to choke so they can have an excuse to burn up shit and loot. I'm not buying that, LOL! It's been decades since my Bears won the Super Bowl, yet you don't see me burning, looting and whining throughout the streets of Chicago, lol........

tojoro
06-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I know where you guys are going with this...

Despite how my question may have come across, I did say it was sincere, I wasn't going anywhere with it, forget I asked.

Romeo Delight
06-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Why is it always "someone else's fault" when people do stupid shit? Yeah, some mysterious band of anarchists roam aimlessly around the world waiting for a sports team to choke so they can have an excuse to burn up shit and loot. I'm not buying that, LOL! It's been decades since my Bears won the Super Bowl, yet you don't see me burning, looting and whining throughout the streets of Chicago, lol........

Maybe it would have happened anyway, but there is no doubt there was the same group known to police who were very active in the recent Olympics here who did the same thing (minus the cars) who were part of this incident. Their images are there as the proof then and now. So no doubt whatsoever that it did occur and that they are part of a known Anarchist group. The punks who got involved didn't come prepared like the "pros" who had gas masks, fuel, weapons of all kinds, etc

Its not really a matter of if this is true, because it is. The rest you saw for your self

Romeo Delight
06-17-2011, 10:35 PM
The excuses are already happening...an 18 year old who lit a police car on fire is on his way to the University of Alberta on a Water polo scholarship.

I can see it now...:

"My client has never been in trouble with the law and he was caught up in the moment..."

I see justice not meeting the challenge here despite what the province is saying.

He should go to jail for a couple of years minimum and pay back somewhere in the order of 100k to help defer the costs obver the rest of his life

BITEYOASS
06-17-2011, 11:06 PM

Yeah, that scumbag Bettman was under the assumption that he was gonna make money off of these sun-belt hockey tax havens. Oh how wrong he turned out to be! The arena that the Jets will be playing in has a capacity of 15,000. But they managed to sell out all of the games for next season! I'm sure they won't have a problem expanding the arena with the guaranteed net revenue that's coming in.

BITEYOASS
06-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Hopefully Tim Thomas will be the lead Goalie on Team USA in the next winter olympics. :baaa:

Romeo Delight
06-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Hopefully Tim Thomas will be the lead Goalie on Team USA in the next winter olympics. :baaa:

Last year in the playoffs Thomas was not playing for the Bruins. No one in the league wanted him and the Bruins desperately were trying to move him and his salary

Amazing how quickly things can change.

He is a fine goalie...but I think any number of goalies who by comparison look really bad on their respective teams would also shine in Boston on their great team system

GreenBayLA
06-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Me and my hockey friends (all 3 of em) were rooting for Canucks but we could see the writing on the wall by game 6. Good run though. NBC/VS coverage was so slanted towards Bruins and Refs were too much of a factor. I don't like Pittsburgh err Boston but was glad when Thomas got CS MVP.

Warham
06-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Anarchists know where to go if they want to cause maximum damage without being held accountable: "Oh, Canada!"

BITEYOASS
06-18-2011, 09:04 AM
If those Anarchists tried that in Beantown, then the Boston PD wouldn't hesitate to crack a few skulls, taze and gas em. They had quite a bit on on-the-job training during St. Patty's day.

Romeo Delight
06-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Numbers are coming in now...there were only 700 police in the downtown core for a crowd of 100,000 plus.

The numbers of police during the Olympics were 5,000.

Nice job mayor.

Romeo Delight
06-18-2011, 12:34 PM
NBC/VS coverage was so slanted towards Bruins and Refs were too much of a factor. .

I would be curious to see what they said about the time Daniel Sedin took 5 punches to the head in a row from Chara I think...he finally fell over on the 5th and was given a minor for diving. Unreal. Just incredible

I know last year the Sedins took flak from the media for "taking the bait" and responding to the cheap shots from Chicago. I guess this year they were "soft" :umm:

I am all for letting things go a bit in the playoffs, but slashes to the hands, spearing, and punches to the head have to be called.

Every team suffers injuries in these playoffs, and it is coming out now that there were broken ribs and fingers from slashes. These weren't even considered for penalties and happened many times after the whistle.

Romeo Delight
06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't think any penalty was called on this. Incredible. Remember, this is the league's leading scorer...no way this happens to Crosby, etc

Warham
06-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Why did he just stand there and take those punches from Marchand? Did he expect them to call a penalty? He should have manned up.

Romeo Delight
06-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Here's the thing...he is the #1 scorer in the league and shouldn't have to get involved in a fracas.

That is the de facto way it has been in the history of the NHL.

I think he should have retaliated. However, what would have happened then?

Both get sent off for 2 minutes. If that is the case, then how come that isn't 2 for Marchand? It just isn't right any way you look at it.

Why would the #1 scorer in the league want to go to the penalty box when the Canucks need goals?

Face it, there is some serious bias afoot

Warham
06-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, he wasn't doing much when Marchand wasn't using him for a punching bag.

He looked like anything but the #1 scorer in the NHL. In fact, Marchand looked more like that type of scorer.

Romeo Delight
06-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Now your just being petty.

I don't know what a guy has to do to garner an iota of respect from the league...

The NHL's elite player this year in the regular season...also ending up number 2 or 4 in playoff scoring. He is the best player in the NHL this year. A dominant force who no one could stop (until they threw out the rule book)

Only in the NHL would their elite player be allowed to be punched in the head by more than one player in their showcase event without even a minor penalty.

I thought the one where Chara actually swung hard at his head and landed twice was far worse.

It makes them look bad frankly. And like I say, I wouldn't care except they wouldn't let it happen to someone from a large US market. Do you really think that would be allowed if Crosby was at the other end?

It is a moot point what Crosby would have done.

the fact that he is a Swede and from Vancouver males it ok. Its not.

WACF
06-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Maybe it would have happened anyway, but there is no doubt there was the same group known to police who were very active in the recent Olympics here who did the same thing (minus the cars) who were part of this incident. Their images are there as the proof then and now. So no doubt whatsoever that it did occur and that they are part of a known Anarchist group. The punks who got involved didn't come prepared like the "pros" who had gas masks, fuel, weapons of all kinds, etc

Its not really a matter of if this is true, because it is. The rest you saw for your self

End of the day...the people that rioted should have stopped the known Anarchist group...they made choices.

Jail and hefty fines....and I hope that jackass kid crying on the news loses his scholorship and chance to play on the olympic team...choices....

Romeo Delight
06-20-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't think there is a person in Vancouver who would disagree with you...well anyone who wasn't part of this.

He has lost his scholarship already. His Dad had to close down his medical practice for a time, which is unfortunate for everyone.

PumpedUpMidget
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM

5 years from now Winnipeg will be an afterthought, and moved to Portland......Wake the fuck up....

PumpedUpMidget
06-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Luongo will win a Cup in the next 3 years...maybe more than one with these Canucks.

As long as Luongo is the Canucks goalie, they will NEVER win the Cup....

PumpedUpMidget
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Ummm, yes he is.... and deserves cancer....

Ummm, Bud Selig is the worst.....

chefcraig
06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
5 years from now Winnipeg will be an afterthought, and moved to Portland......Wake the fuck up....

ESPN announced a few minutes ago that the move is now official.

Thrashers' move to Winnipeg approved

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6688299)

NEW YORK -- Don Waddell has been through it all with the Atlanta Thrashers since they entered the NHL in 1999.

From general manager to coach to team president, Waddell endured the ups and downs -- mostly downs -- as the franchise struggled on and off the ice.

After 13 years and only one playoff appearance that produced no wins, Tuesday was the day for Waddell and Atlanta to say goodbye to its second hockey team.

“We're particularly sorry for the fans that are (in Atlanta), but obviously based on the reception that we've gotten, everybody is extremely excited about the opportunities in Winnipeg for our return.
” -- Gary Bettman, NHL commissioner

The NHL board of governors unanimously approved the sale and relocation of the Thrashers to Winnipeg, Manitoba, on Tuesday, clearing the final big hurdle in the process.

"We've been through the emotions and the frustrations the last few weeks, but when I look back and being there 13 years, it's been a great run," said Waddell, who served as general manager from the start until the 2009-10 season. "Since '98 when I got hired, there are only four general managers that are currently with their teams.

"You've got to look at the positives. To be able to stay in one place for so long, it's been tremendous for me," he said.

The same can't be said of the team that once featured star players such as Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuk and Marian Hossa but couldn't keep them for one reason or another.

True North Sports and Entertainment bought the team last month and announced it was bringing the Thrashers to Winnipeg, which lost the Jets to Phoenix after the 1995-96 season.

"Obviously, everybody is sorry and distressed and unhappy that we found ourselves in the circumstance where our franchise was leaving Atlanta," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said. "We're particularly sorry for the fans that are there, but obviously based on the reception that we've gotten, everybody is extremely excited about the opportunities in Winnipeg for our return."

The sale is reportedly for $170 million, including a $60 million relocation fee that will be split by the rest of the owners. The Thrashers are the fifth NHL team to move since Bettman became commissioner in 1993.

Following the Flames, who moved to Calgary 31 years ago, the Thrashers are the second NHL team to leave Atlanta. Those clubs are also the last two teams to relocate to Canada. Seven of the league's 30 teams reside north of the border.

"It's a sad day for hockey fans in Atlanta, but the franchise is going to a good place and run by good people," Waddell said. "Sports in general have been tough in Atlanta. I can't say (hockey) is finished forever ... but they've had two tries at it now and it's been difficult for all ownership groups to make it work.

"College football in the South is like hockey in Canada. It's the No. 1 sport. When UGA plays football on a Saturday, the party starts on Thursday. We've got a lot of competition in the marketplace," he said.

The NHL is giving up an American market that has more than 5 million people in the metro Atlanta area and heading to Winnipeg, which will be the league's smallest market with the smallest arena.

The team will play in the 15,015-seat MTS Center, but in a wave of enthusiasm, the club sold out 13,000 season tickets in a matter of minutes earlier this month once they were made available days after the sale was announced.

The Thrashers made the playoffs in 2007 but were swept in four games by the New York Rangers. Atlanta had only one season in which it won more games than it lost. Now the Thrashers will be a footnote in hockey history.

Although the Winnipeg franchise has yet to pick a name, it will not be the Thrashers. The club will bear no resemblance to the one that briefly called Atlanta home.

“ It's nice to have Winnipeg back in the big show. It's not a slam dunk. Everyone in Winnipeg has to support this team.
” -- Brian Burke, Maple Leafs GM

Waddell, general manager Rick Dudley and coach Craig Ramsay won't make the move to Manitoba. Dudley completed just one year of a four-year deal after he replaced Waddell, and Ramsay was one year into a two-year contract.

The Thrashers' ownership dealt with major financial problems and declining attendance in recent years. The team had the league's third-worst attendance last season, averaging fewer than 14,000 a game.

"They certainly made every effort they possibly could to have it work. It didn't work," New Jersey Devils president Lou Lamoriello said. "Winnipeg is excited, the league is excited right now. What they have been able to do there in a short period of time is just tremendous."

Winnipeg had set its sights on the troubled Phoenix Coyotes, hoping to bring back the former Jets, but that team was saved last month for at least another season in the desert after the city of Glendale, Ariz. -- where the club's arena is located -- voted to subsidize the team as it seeks a new owner.

Canadian billionaire David Thomson, who heads the Winnipeg ownership group along with Mark Chipman, went hard after an NHL team when the Coyotes and the Thrashers fell into serious financial trouble.

The Coyotes are owned by the NHL and likely would have returned to Winnipeg if Glendale hadn't agreed to provide a $25 million subsidy for this year and then approved another for the 2011-12 season while the team tries to complete an agreement with a prospective new owner.

That kind of deal was never an option for Atlanta.

"People are pretty excited about putting a team back in Winnipeg," Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke said. "There are some challenges in the market, but I think everyone is pretty comfortable that everyone can and will meet those challenges.

"It's nice to have Winnipeg back in the big show. It's not a slam dunk. Everyone in Winnipeg has to support this team," he said.

Thrashers co-owner Michael Gearon and the rest of the Atlanta Spirit group came under heavy criticism for the way they ran the team, especially when it was revealed in court documents they were looking to sell the club almost as soon as they acquired it in 2004.

Gearon said they have lost $130 million since taking over the franchise -- including $20 million in 2006-07, the year the Thrashers won the Southeast Division and made the playoffs.

This season, the Thrashers were in contention for a playoff spot but faded down the stretch.

Romeo Delight
06-22-2011, 02:45 AM
[QUOTE=PumpedUpMidget;1547829]5 years from now Winnipeg will be an afterthought, and moved to PortlandQUOTE]

Well, they have already catapulted themselves into the top 1/3 of the league in revenue...and that is guaranteed for 5 years.

I think they will be ok...