PDA

View Full Version : Fractal Audio Systems presents Axe-Fx II

Etienne
05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
5/9/2011 - Introducing the Axe-Fx II
After three years of intensive R&D, Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to announce the Axe-Fx II. With twice the power of our former flagship, the Axe-Fx II unveils new state-of-the-art algorithms and an innovative array of great hardware and software features and improvements.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/images/axe-fx-ii-front-panel-600.jpg

Link (http://www.fractalaudio.com/products-fas-axe-fx-ii-2.html)

What do you think? Does anybody here has an Axe Fx?

Jagermeister
05-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Shit not me. I wouldn't know what to do with that thing. I still use a Digi Tech RP1 :biggrin:

Hardrock69
05-12-2011, 05:57 PM
They are all the rage right now. Supposed to be absolutely kickass in many many ways. The modern day equivalent of my SGX-2000. I wanted my SGX because it had all the digital FX available back in the 90s plus it has a 12AX7 in the preamp section for actual tube-ness.

The Axe-FX also has the current state-of-the-art amp and speaker cab modeling, and a bazillion other features. No need for me to copy and paste the stuff here.

It has no tubes, though. They have 'simulated' tube technology built into it.

Retails for $2199??? Christ.....that is way overpriced. Even discounted it would still be 1500 bucks. One could buy a 100-watt half-stack of some kind, and some less expensive FX and get the same results.....for a lot less.

Etienne
05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
... I still use a Digi Tech RP1 :biggrin:

... The modern day equivalent of my SGX-2000. I wanted my SGX because it had all the digital FX available back in the 90s plus it has a 12AX7 in the preamp section for actual tube-ness. ...

I call a Digitech GSP 2101 Limited Edition (http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/gsp2101/pics/2101-blau-klein.jpg) my own... Looks almost so impressive like an Axe Fx but technically (at least the digital side) not up to date anymore...

Hardrock69
05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah my SGX is 15-20 years old now. I think they quit making them in the late 90s-early 2000s, but they began making them by 1991 at the latest. When you get a unit like this with the unlimited possibility for creating your ultimate guitar sound, it becomes even less necessary to upgrade to anything else.

The Axe-FX II would surely be a significant upgrade to the SGX, but between my SGX and the plugins I have for my DAW, I already have all the possible sounds I will ever need.

Be nice if I were rich and could just buy one on a whim as a toy to play with I suppose.

Nitro Express
05-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Now you can get all those features on your smart phone.:biggrin:

Etienne
05-13-2011, 02:01 PM
...The Axe-FX II would surely be a significant upgrade to the SGX, but between my SGX and the plugins I have for my DAW, I already have all the possible sounds I will ever need. ...

Who knows, maybe a company releases in the near future a native plugin (Amp Modelling) for DAWs on the same quality level like the Axe Fx...

Diamondjimi
05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Who knows, maybe a company releases in the near future a native plugin (Amp Modelling) for DAWs on the same quality level like the Axe Fx...

Now that would be sweet!