PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Kutcher lands on 'Two and a Half Men'

Blaze
05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
WIN!
That is great news! I'll go out of my way to watch Ashton. Charlie Sheen was OK. Ashton is GREAT! Whoooo Hooooooo!

Blaze
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20110512/capt.7d01e5189b8247dda1e1718d6bfca5e3-7d01e5189b8247dda1e1718d6bfca5e3-0.jpg
:winner: :baaa:

chefcraig
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Since Blaze is obviously overcome with emotion and therefore is too busy getting carried away to bother posting the story, here it is:

Official: Ashton Kutcher joins 'Two and a Half Men'
by James Hibberd (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/official-ashton-kutcher-joins-two-and-a-half-men/)

It’s official: Ashton Kutcher has replaced Charlie Sheen as the star of CBS’ Two and a Half Men.

Kutcher joins returning stars Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones, Holland Taylor, Marin Hinkle and Conchata Ferrell on the top-rated series, which will be back on the air next fall. Production starts this summer.

“I can’t wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers’ homes,” said Kutcher in a statement. “I can’t replace Charlie Sheen but I’m going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!”

Kutcher will reportedly earn nearly $1 million an episode to join the hit series. It’s not clear whether the salary includes any backend profits from reruns but it’s still hundreds of thousands more than what any A-list star would earn to join a show.

“We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family,” said Chuck Lorre, creator and executive producer of the show. “Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it’d be illegal.”

CBS and Warner Bros. searched for a well-known name to fill Sheen’s shoes, with Hugh Grant coming closest to signing onto the show before dropping out earlier this week. Kutcher has plenty of sitcom experience from his days on That ’70s Show, though the Fox series was more of an ensemble whereas on Men the actor will have to perform a large amount of the comedic heavy lifting.

Since word of his casting leaked yesterday, fans have debated whether he’s a good choice for the role, but the main issue is having anybody other than Sheen starring in a hit show that was, to some extent, built around his persona.

“Ashton is a pop culture triple threat—film star, cutting-edge producer and a social media pioneer,” added Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. “He brings creativity, energy and personality to everything he touches.”

“Ashton Kutcher brings a new and distinctive comedic flavor to Two and a Half Men,” said Peter Roth, President, Warner Bros. Television. “We look forward to a great future for this revamped and reenergized show.”

Seshmeister
05-13-2011, 01:37 PM
I could be wrong but my impression of Ashton Kutcher is that he is a twat.

SunisinuS
05-13-2011, 01:40 PM
2.5 men going from "Guy" show to "Chick" show. Might as well change the title and put it on Lifetime.

chefcraig
05-13-2011, 01:48 PM
I could be wrong but my impression of Ashton Kutcher is that he is a twat.

Ever notice that both he and Bruce Willis have the same smirk on their faces? It must be Demi Moore, though I've always sensed something not-quite-right about her. I'm not saying she has a penis or anything (that is another subject altogether, ask Jamie Lee Curtis) like that, she just seems like a cold fish.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-13-2011, 01:48 PM
2.5 men going from "Guy" show to "Chick" show. Might as well change the title and put it on Lifetime.

no shite :lmao:

hambon4lif
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Does anyone even watch this fucking show anymore? Now that the kid's grown up, the premise doesn't make sense anymore.

This won't last a full season. Ashton's not "winning".....he's getting Punk'd

chefcraig
05-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Syndication really ruined it. Why watch the new episodes when the old ones were on two or three times a night? And if that wasn't overkill enough, FX had the bright idea to start showing the reruns as well, often devoting an entire evening's programming to the show. The last time I even bothered watching a recent episode was when Krusty the Clown, err...Eddie Van Halen showed up.

TFM_Dale
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Was hoping they would get Jeremy Piven, Ashton Kutcher is just to douchy for my taste. Johnny Knoxville would have been better then this to.

hambon4lif
05-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Was hoping they would get Jeremy Piven.I'm not sure how that would work out, even though Entourage is coming to a close with its final season. Piven is fuckin' awesome, but he'll always be seen as Ari 'motherfuckin' Gold for the entire rest of his career.
Besides, he's overqualified for a sitcom that's long-in-the-tooth and completely out of gas.

VAiN
05-13-2011, 03:56 PM
The last time I even bothered watching a recent episode was when Krusty the Clown, err...Eddie Van Halen showed up.

:lmao: Thank you, I needed that.. :appl:

Guitar Shark
05-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Entourage is coming to a close with its final season.

Bummer, I hadn't heard that.

Probably the right call, though. Even though I still enjoy it, that show jumped the shark last season if not before.

diamondsgirl
05-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Hot shit.

I may actually watch the show now. The only episode I ever saw was the one with EVH.

I could never stand Charlie Sheen. He's vile.

Ashton is actually pretty funny, I loved him on That 70s Show. He has good timing with his lines, and soooo friggin easy on the eyes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y29yL1zkrBo/TbbA9W9iv1I/AAAAAAAABc0/KMZ6kzQI_i0/s1600/ashton-kutcher-.jpg

binnie
05-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Ashton looks like he may be a Van Hagar fan.

indeedido
05-13-2011, 05:50 PM
So will it be a Dukes of Hazzard scenario? Will Ashton be their cousin while Charlie leaves to go race on the nascar circuit? That way they can stay in the same house on the beach?

Nitro Express
05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20110512/capt.7d01e5189b8247dda1e1718d6bfca5e3-7d01e5189b8247dda1e1718d6bfca5e3-0.jpg
:winner: :baaa:

Winning! :biggrin:

Seshmeister
05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Possibly the most smug actor in Hollywood.

VAiN
05-14-2011, 12:56 AM

Exactly... and why? Because he married some chick who is 20 or 30 years older than he is - only to hang out with her creepy ex-husband at every social event??

Blaze
05-14-2011, 01:03 AM
hahahahahah - Vain is green eyed

Blaze
05-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Ashton knows that and Bruce for that matter, knows that having a female makes for a good nights sleep. :biggrin:

lesfunk
05-14-2011, 01:15 AM
I wonder if Willis asked Ashton what his dick tastes like?

Blaze
05-14-2011, 01:19 AM
They may not partake in gay sex. Good God, why would there be a need?
I do not think Bruce or Ashton are broken. :baaa:
That is one big love I would chichi.

ashstralia
05-14-2011, 01:56 AM
i'd have thought 'tripod' tiger woods a much better choice... now that his golf career looks in doubt, he could swan about in green jackets cracking(?) one liners(?) about his *ahem* various off course pursuits. ladies and gentlemen, the intercourse champion!!!! w00t

sadaist
05-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Ashton is actually pretty funny, I loved him on That 70s Show. He has good timing with his lines, and soooo friggin easy on the eyes.

The problem is he will always be Kelso. In every role in every part. Much like Keanu Reeves. Zero range. But if the part is written with that in mind, it might be okay. I think this will flop though. It will get enormous ratings the first show, and possibly a couple right after that. But I don't see the ratings staying high much after that.

But who knows. If it is a rebirth for the show, it could go another 5 seasons. All depends on what they do with the plot and if it is believable & funny.

I'm just glad they are keeping it going for the sake of John Crier and the kid who finally started making good money this season. Those 2 guys are great and deserve to keep working and not have Charlie fuck it all up.

Diamondjimi
05-14-2011, 04:12 AM

Wrong....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VyobIYrsOz8/TO1BxLXyM6I/AAAAAAAAABw/oBr_R0BH4jo/s1600/ChristianBale.jpg

ashstralia
05-14-2011, 05:56 AM
agree jimi. that bloke is an A grade fuckwit. and not really talented at all, imho.

VanHalener
05-14-2011, 08:36 AM
...having a female makes for a good nights sleep. :biggrin:

Unless you're up all night hittin' it like it's a marathon.

D
i
v
e
r

D
o
w
n
:hitch:

Nitro Express
05-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Demi Moore lives in Hailey, Idaho which is just a few miles down the road from where I grew up. She's nice enough to buy the fireworks every 4th of July. My uncle is a structural engineer and did the engineering on her house when she was still married to Bruce Willis. They wanted a log home but were afraid of fire danger so they had a house made of molded concrete to look like logs. It cost an absolute fortune but my uncle said the job was so well done you can't tell it's concrete. They brought in experts from California who build movie sets and amusement rides to do the work. I wonder if she still lives in that house.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
go for a drive, check it out....

Seshmeister
05-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Demi Moore lives in Hailey, Idaho which is just a few miles down the road from where I grew up. She's nice enough to buy the fireworks every 4th of July. My uncle is a structural engineer and did the engineering on her house when she was still married to Bruce Willis. They wanted a log home but were afraid of fire danger so they had a house made of molded concrete to look like logs. It cost an absolute fortune but my uncle said the job was so well done you can't tell it's concrete. They brought in experts from California who build movie sets and amusement rides to do the work. I wonder if she still lives in that house.

Is this uncle a brother of the one that went to the moon or is he on the side of the family with all the presidents?

Terry
05-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Wrong....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VyobIYrsOz8/TO1BxLXyM6I/AAAAAAAAABw/oBr_R0BH4jo/s1600/ChristianBale.jpg

Perhaps, but Bale can act, so he's actually got something to be smug about.

Terry
05-15-2011, 10:33 AM
The problem is he will always be Kelso. In every role in every part. Much like Keanu Reeves. Zero range. But if the part is written with that in mind, it might be okay. I think this will flop though. It will get enormous ratings the first show, and possibly a couple right after that. But I don't see the ratings staying high much after that.

But who knows. If it is a rebirth for the show, it could go another 5 seasons. All depends on what they do with the plot and if it is believable & funny.

I'm just glad they are keeping it going for the sake of John Crier and the kid who finally started making good money this season. Those 2 guys are great and deserve to keep working and not have Charlie fuck it all up.

I mean, not to belittle anyone who likes the show, but to me 2 & 1/2 Men was a typical piece of formulaic sitcom shit to begin with. Like, regardless of how much revenue it generated or how many people watched it, it was still swill. Thus, does it really matter if Sheen stays or Kutcher replaces him? It's lightweight brain fluff, so Kutcher shouldn't have any problems fitting right in, and fans of the show shouldn't have any problem accepting him. It's not like going from Sheen to Kutcher is a downgrade on a scale of, say, Masterpiece Theater to Hee-Haw. Far as Crier and the kid go, um, there are plenty of people out there working much harder for much less; I doubt they were living on food stamps prior to this season, you know?

I liked That 70's Show. Kutcher has a facility for playing good-natured dimwits and is able to hit his marks, so I'm sure he has the necessary...er..."skill set" to pull off whatever role is created for him on the show.

Best thing to come out of the whole Men series for me WAS Sheen's drug-induced barrage of media rantings. Beyond that, the rest is of no consequence.

Nitro Express
05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Is this uncle a brother of the one that went to the moon or is he on the side of the family with all the presidents?

My niece is an interior designer and was hired by Mitt Romney last year. My mom went to school with John Hunstman and they were friends so if his son runs and wins the presidency in 2012 then yes, we might have connections to a president. :biggrin:

SunisinuS
05-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Well one thing you all did not ask is: What Part?

Cryer is moving into Sheen's Role while the Kid is taking Cryer's part. Kutcher is now the .5.

twonabomber
05-15-2011, 12:46 PM
kiss of death.

Kutcher will be the new McGinley.

Anonymous
05-15-2011, 11:43 PM
I dunno... I may be drunk - I am - but I got the feeling that somehow, women actually like this little ridiculous toadstool.

It can only be due to women sharing a single brain throughout all of 'em. There's no other explanation.

Dome More tries to make Die Hard jealous, so she picks a young, cuntish fuckstain to do it. Naturally, after that every woman suddenly finds Ashton attractive.

Die Hard doesn't give a fuck because he knows he can do Dome whenever he wants - which he probably still does - and now he gets the added benefit of this ridiculous looking thing paying the bills.

But still, if Dome More is "attracted" to the weird looking cunt, there's gotta be something about him, right?

Well, either that or it's the, huh... what's the complex for when the mother wants to do the son? The reverse of that Oedipus shit? "Oh, he's so fuckin' inept, I bet I could mother him & shit"...

Truth is, every woman that say she can't stand Charlie Sheen would jump in bed with the guy as son as he cracked a smile at them. Sure, they'll deny it & they'd try & keep it a secret, but they would... women lie, all the time, that's the sincerest truth of all.

I get more & more disappointed by women every day. If gays weren't even more fucked up, I'd consider switching.

As it is, I'm just hoping for a fuckin' miracle. Ha! :lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

PETE'S BROTHER
05-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I dunno... I may be drunk - I am - but I got the feeling that somehow, If gays weren't even more fucked up, I'd consider switching.

As it is, I'm just hoping for a fuckin' miracle. Ha! :lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

:lmao:

hideyoursheep
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
kiss of death.

Kutcher will be the new McGinley.

I was about to say...was Ted McGinley busy?

I was never big on that show anyway, saw about 3 episodes....seemed to me that Charlie was playing Charlie..which can't be that hard.

What the hell is Kutcher gonna play? The idiot? He's done that already.

Should have called that guy who played "Red".:indifferent0020:

Kristy
05-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I give it three episodes and then a prompt cancellation.

hideyoursheep
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Nah..it'll probably go 1 full season, at least...CBS isn't ready to admit they've fucked themselves just yet.

chefcraig
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Or better yet, Sheen returns to the show, Victoria Principal sees him coming out of the shower and proclaims "It was all a dream!"

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc472/lol_que/meme/5EBABCF0DEE759BF19C6AA1C96D67D.jpg

Hardrock69
05-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Well, Demi Moore is pretty hot. The lucky motherfucker gets to look down and see Demi Moore sucking his cock!

Same thing I said about Jesse James before he fucked up.....for awhile there anyway, he got to look down and see Sandra Bullock blowing him.

Kevin Kline has been receiving slobbery drooling blow jobs for years now from Phoebe Cates.

Lucky motherfuckers....

I really don't give a fuck about sitcoms. The good ones are funny, but in general they are usually too hysterical in their attempts to get a laugh. Just not my cup o' tea.

binnie
05-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Has anyone ever been subjected to 'Dude Where's My Car?'

Ashton deserves bad karma for that one

PETE'S BROTHER
05-16-2011, 03:18 PM
agreed

binnie
05-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I seem to remember that the 'Butterfly Effect' was pretty good though....

TFM_Dale
05-16-2011, 04:38 PM
The Guardian, a competition between Costner and Kutcher to see who could fuck the movie up the most. That movie was like starting a band and having Hagar and Chad Kroeger compete to be your lead singer. What was the point to begin with? You were destined to suck either way.

ThrillsNSpills
05-16-2011, 11:01 PM
I think this is Punked setup on the audience.

So, is Ashton going to be named Charlie Harper?