PDA

View Full Version : This Fucking Cure Box Set

Kristy
05-17-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.chainofflowers.com/dotscover.jpg

Yes, a fool and her money. T'was only $20 used ($22-something-a-rather with tax). And what it makes up for in price it lacks in substance. For example, the GENUINE and GOOD remixes and B-sides here are lacking. Where is the 12" mix of Hot! Hot! Hot! or the extended mix of 'Love Song'? Instead we get not one but three superfluous versions of 'Hello, I Love You' and an edited versh of 'Harold & Joe'. However, all is not lost: there are some surprises interspersed among the muck and fuck like '2 Late', the rare "flexipop" versh of 'Lament', 'Burn', 'A Foolish Arrangement' and 'Coming Up' from Bloodflowers. But geesh ~ the drudgery of the "dizzy mix" of 'Just Like Heaven' is an abomination as well as most of disc 4.

Fucking FAT Bob and his lies. He did say he would release "all of the Cure's B-sides" (many of them from the 80's-era of Kiss Me and Disintegration) yet he held back like the FAT fuck he truly is. I really don't feel all that cheated for there are some gems to be found here but for those who spent the original $55+ for this box set I have no sympathy for them.

binnie
05-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Great band though. One of those groups where you forget just how many great songs they have.

I have a vague recollection of that box set being released when I worked in a record shop and quite a few copies being returned.

Kristy
05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
The folks at Rhino put this out and really, I've been happy with what Rhino has been doing in preserving music in that they really don't tweak with the original recording mix but unlike some of the reviews I've read this is NOT a complete compilation of The Cure's B-sides as far as I know of. Some of these versions are impressive in that Rhino did "clean them up." Tunes like 'This Twilight Garden' sound dreamer and naval-gazing as ever but you can't help but feel a bit misled. Still, for the most part, it shouldn't upset the most hardest of hard core Cure fan.

binnie
05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
There are few things in life which make a music fan happier than a box set.

The day I got my Hendrix box set I literally ran to my stereo like a little kid. Sad but true.

lesfunk
05-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Great band though. One of those groups where you forget just how many great songs they have.
I must have forgotten them all. I can't think of one. Great band indeed. For Me To Poop on!

Kristy
05-17-2011, 05:55 PM
There are few things in life which make a music fan happier than a box set.

The day I got my Hendrix box set I literally ran to my stereo like a little kid. Sad but true.

I have not seen that one. The problem with most of Hendrix's music is that it's been so sporadically released it's hard to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Kristy
05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I must have forgotten them all. I can't think of one. Great band indeed. For Me To Poop on!

Whatever. :indifferent0020: Go back to your middle-aged crisis, okay?

lesfunk
05-17-2011, 05:58 PM
You're the one who love's the grey pubes... not me.

FORD
05-17-2011, 06:01 PM
With all these mentions of Hendrix in a Cure thread, there's really only one way I can respond here.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTnoEHzdnbk

Kristy
05-17-2011, 06:02 PM
You're the one who love's the grey pubes... not me.

You're the one constantly brushing yours out with your nit comb. Asshole.

lesfunk
05-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Posting the "cure box set" in a forum that celebrates Van Halen is essentially trolling for a fight.
and my pubes aren't gray yet but will be soon enough. Maybe we can hang out?

binnie
05-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Why is that trolling for a fight?

Are Van Halen fans only allowed to like hard rock/ heavy metal?

'Dude, songs about feelings are just for chicks and pussies, uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuh.'

I thought that 'House....' was supposed to encourage diversity.

lesfunk
05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Why is that trolling for a fight?

Are Van Halen fans only allowed to like hard rock/ heavy metal?

Not at all. But you're smarter than that.

Kristy
05-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Posting the "cure box set" in a forum that celebrates Van Halen is essentially trolling for a fight.

Well then, by the looks of you and your (constant) eating, your FAT ass is on route to an early grave as well as being essentially a cry for help from a middle aged man. Something Dave & Co. would never approve of.

lesfunk
05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
This proves that you are truly a mean spirit and you have my pity .
Now... off to dinner.

Kristy
05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Really? Yet no pity for the man who lives in his mother's basement @45 years of age playing bass hopelessly deluded waiting for the call to join the latest Sabbath reunion?

chefcraig
05-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Where is the 12" mix of Hot! Hot! Hot! or the extended mix of 'Love Song'?

If memory serves, these can be found on that odd "remix" album that came out in the early nineties, the one I can never remember the name of. What really ticked me off was the compilation of hits from 1987 or so, Standing On A Beach. In order to get the version that included all (or most) of the band's early B sides, you had to purchase the cassette, as the vinyl (and later CD) version inexplicably didn't feature them. This was simply bananas, because other than buying those absurdly overpriced import singles, there was no way to get them. At last this compilation gathers them on the first CD. As for the rest, I agree, there are some questionable choices and redundancies. But it is nice to have "World in My Eyes" without having to buy that entire ghastly Depeche Mode covers album.

Kristy
05-17-2011, 07:00 PM
You didn't like 'For The Masses'?

It's was a dismal tribute effort at best. You're thinking of 'All Mixed Up' which, to me, was another well-intended effort but alas, many of the songs on that record were also a bit superfluous in nature - 'Close To Me' is one that comes to mind. The original 12" of 'Hot! Hot! Hot' and 'Love Song' could have appeared only on cassette or sold as a vinyl-only single seeing it was an 80's thing to do (Peter Gabriel is also guilty of this) but they are not the same as the ones that were placed on 'All Mixed Up' The problem with this band is that they released way too many B-sides in too many versions in many different packages sometimes before the actual album itself was to be released. Rhino did an okay job here yet you get this feeling that there is a disc missing within this set.

tojoro
05-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Rhino has done a really good job with the deluxe editions of the Cure's discography, and band's reissues/retrospectives in general.
I'm guessing those cuts that didn't make JTD may not have been found on time, or at all? But I agree with Kristy, there was a bunch of superfluous shit to be found on there, but they did make up for it with the live and demo cuts to be found on each album.
Though Disintegration was a year late, I was pretty happy to discover Entreat was included, and the whole show to boot.
It is neat to have that great feeling inside when you pick up something like the Cure or Hendrix box and you can't get home soon enough to play it. That seems to be a rare occurence these days.

It is beyond a bummer that none of the four VH albums that have turned 30 thus far have received any kind of treatment. Surprised? No. Disappointed? Fuck yeah...

FORD
05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Some of the remixes on "Mixed Up" were new versions done specifically for that album, like the hip-hoppish version of "Close To Me". They might have kept the vocals and the horn section from the original on that one, but everything else was new. I didn't really care for the "dizzy mix" of Just Like Heaven either. If I want to hear a different take on that song, I'll listen to Dinosaur Jr. who did it much better than that remake......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLOr8S2d2E

Kristy
05-17-2011, 07:24 PM
It is beyond a bummer that none of the four VH albums that have turned 30 thus far have received any kind of treatment. Surprised? No. Disappointed? Fuck yeah...

When was that, back in 2002 or so when Warner Brothers simultaneously released Dire Straights and Van Halen "remasters" it was done with little fanfare to the die hards of both groups? And you know there is a vault full of VH rarities, outtakes and yes, even live tracks that were well recorded and mixed that will never see the light of day. Why this is I have no idea. There are a lot of re-released recordings out there that have some of the most awful "demos" and "outtakes" I ever heard (The Kinks, for example, were guilty of this) but still fans want to hear them. Then there were other bands who did this and the results were quite surprising - The Who comes to mind with both outtakes and live recordings that I thought were pretty impressive (e.g., Who's Next with a great studio version of Naked Eye and even some live rarities on Face Dances - even those Ramones remasters were well thought out in terms of live bootlegs and studio outtakes). I for one, being too young at the time (okay, not born at the time) would love to hear a well-recorded live track of VH circa 81 into early '82 - just to feel what it must have been like for them in their Rothy heyday. And I'm sure it would also bring back warm memories to most fans who were there at the time.

chefcraig
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Speaking of Cure covers, I've always loved Ben Folds' take on "In Between Days". It's neat how well suited the song is to piano, though I have absolutely zero idea what the fan-made video is supposed to represent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYzSnZ_LIrM

lesfunk
05-17-2011, 09:00 PM
First of all, forgive me. I had no idea that The cure was so popular around this site. I'm not going to ridicule them anymore. I respect your taste in music.
Besides, It's not worth being outed for who I truly am.
Kristy has once again proven that she is the oracle of the DLR Army.

Still, I find it mystifying that, because I reject "music" like The Cure, I find myself in the minority. On a Van Halen based site...
I mean, The Cure must have fansites also. Maybe all the folks at the Cure site are closet rock music fans...

VAiN
05-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Count me in as not 'getting' the cure...

Diamondjimi
05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Shit band, never liked them, never will.
(But of course, that's just my opinion) ;)

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 01:27 AM
would love to hear a well-recorded live track of VH circa 81 into early '82 - just to feel what it must have been like for them in their Rothy heyday.

I saw VH in 1980, 1983, and worked the barricade in 1984. They were the best in 1980 and they still had that take no prisoners raw energy. You also have to realize there were no bad big hair and spandex copies of VH yet. Roth came out in his spandex, feathers, and big fuzzy leg warmers. He was like from another planet in those days and so was Eddie. Real rock and roll had been put on the back burner for disco and soft pop. Sure there was the Ramones but nobody was paying attention to them and you had some punk stuff rolling in from the UK as well but it wasn't what was on the radio. Then VH rolled in and everyone went holy fuck! It was like getting clobbered by a left hook. You didn't see it coming and it clocked the shit out of you and you were never the same since. That was VH in the early days. It was like discovering a new planet.

I would say these two clips pretty much catch the vibe of the old VH. They had a swagger to their music in those days. Roth was bringing in some Vegas, Broadway, and Vaudville and the music was influenced by that attitude. They just put it out there and it was real. It was happening.

Diamondjimi
05-18-2011, 01:33 AM
No words necessary....

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00456/The_Cure_456599a.jpg

:lmao:

Anonymous
05-18-2011, 02:12 AM
The Cure were a product of a time when everyone who barely played an instrument & had some friends to form a band could get a record contract.

That's the main reason music got so fuckin' bad that talentless hacks like the Nirvana were looked at as the saviours of music.

People only blame hair metal, but that's the easy target. There were many, many "music" styles at the time that sucked much, much worse.

The Cure being a prime example.

Cheers! :bottle:

binnie
05-18-2011, 03:04 AM
The Cure talentless?

Come on, man. There is a difference between 'I don't like that' and 'that sucks.'

The songs, the melodies, the lyrics........just beautiful, beautiful music.

tojoro
05-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Agreed, Binnie. Robert created a genre of music without intending to, and a completely unique guitar style that is instantly recognizable. The Cure were successful due to the strength of the music, as they didn't get much attention from MTV, and zero radio play until ten years into their career.
Yep, a lot of whiny bitches name Robert and co. as an influence, but the same could be said for all the cheeseball hair bands that got going because of VH.
I see nothing wrong with being a fan of the Cure as well as classic Van Halen, variety is the spice of life, and I find equal pleasure in Prince, Fu Manchu, the film scores of Danny Elfman, the Beastie Boys, Elvis Presley, Gov't Mule or the Glenn Miller Orchestra.
Robert has certainly done a great job in pleasing his fans by working with Rhino and purging everything from his vaults circa '79-'89. Another awesome concept where he had the fans in mind was the Trilogy concerts.
Could you imagine going to see the original lineup of Van Halen where the concept of the show was the albums VHII, Fair Warning and 1984 played in order, in their entirety?
Good golly!

Dave's Bitch
05-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Robert Smith needs a hair cut

Kristy
05-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Shit band, never liked them, never will.
(But of course, that's just my opinion) ;)

You're going to have to do better than that.

Kristy
05-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Robert Smith needs a hair cut

What he needs is a weight loss program.

ashstralia
05-18-2011, 06:09 AM
What he needs is a weight loss program.

it's very easy to criticize others when you're a perfect specimen of humanity, isn't it kristy?

Kristy
05-18-2011, 10:42 AM
For the record, I'm nearly perfect.

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
No words necessary....

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00456/The_Cure_456599a.jpg

I just had to post some classic VH as a sorbet to clear the sour taste of this pathetic, whiney, fat fuck.:biggrin: Roth made lemonade out of the lemons and The Cure whined and cried about the lemons. My main question is who would you rather be stranded in the wilderness with?

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 10:52 AM
For the record, I'm nearly perfect.

Care to post some naked pictures of yourself to prove it.:biggrin:

hambon4lif
05-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Care to post some naked pictures of yourself to prove it.:biggrin:It's probably a good idea if she PM's them to you instead. Anger-riddled anorexic bitches don't do a fucking thing for me....

Kristy
05-18-2011, 11:03 AM
You don't get out much, do you?

Kristy
05-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I"M NOT ANGRY!*

*or it is anorexic? Who cares?

hambon4lif
05-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Go tell it to your gynecologist.....

Kristy
05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
You go tell it to your parole officer.

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Go tell it to your gynecologist.....

More like geologist. They like to drill stuff and dig deep.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-18-2011, 11:32 AM
More like geologist. They like to drill stuff and dig deep.

didn't you say you wanted a whore with a boy's ass?

chefcraig
05-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Roth made lemonade out of the lemons and The Cure whined and cried about the lemons.

And during the 2004 "Christ, How Awful" tour, Edward Van Halen rubbed the lemons into his eyes. Now it all makes sense!

hambon4lif
05-18-2011, 11:39 AM
You go tell it to your parole officer.As a matter of fact I have. He's not crazy about the fact that this place is slowly devolving into one persons emotional tampon, either.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Jagermeister
05-18-2011, 11:43 AM

FORD
05-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Everything is coming to a grinding halt.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVxIFAQP5I

lesfunk
05-18-2011, 01:13 PM
As a matter of fact I have. He's not crazy about the fact that this place is slowly devolving into one persons emotional tampon, either.

Wow, talk about hitting the nail on the fucking head. well done sir.

Diamondjimi
05-18-2011, 06:22 PM
. Anger-riddled anorexic bitches don't do a fucking thing for me....

Exactly. Who would want this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Goddess_Bunny.gif

When you could have this... :baaa:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Assorted%20gifs/verone_gif.gif

Why so angry at the world Krispy, is it because you have the chest of a 10 year old boy? :biggrin:

Candy Girl
05-18-2011, 06:54 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/yankeegirl71/weird%20stuff/633761899407989620-facepalm.jpg

Nickdfresh
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
First of all, forgive me. I had no idea that The cure was so popular around this site. I'm not going to ridicule them anymore. I respect your taste in music.
Besides, It's not worth being outed for who I truly am.
Kristy has once again proven that she is the oracle of the DLR Army.

Still, I find it mystifying that, because I reject "music" like The Cure, I find myself in the minority. On a Van Halen based site...
I mean, The Cure must have fansites also. Maybe all the folks at the Cure site are closet rock music fans...

I actually like The Cure. But I could see why some don't.

But I find it fascinating when people who piss all over others' musical tastes, specifically starting threads to do so, so easily get offended when anyone questions theirs...

I call those people, "rétardéd." It's a special French-like sophisticated retard...

lesfunk
05-18-2011, 09:09 PM
wee... I mean "oui".

FORD
05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoA8BSPK7FM

Mr. Vengeance
05-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Other than Friday I'm in Love, I can't listen to this band. Sorry.

binnie
05-19-2011, 02:57 AM
It appears that opinions truly are like assholes: everyone's got one.

I fail to understand how a thread about a dissapointing Cure box set sparked this reaction.

It's not like its a Laura Branigan box set.

LoungeMachine
05-19-2011, 03:57 AM
As a matter of fact I have. He's not crazy about the fact that this place is slowly devolving into one persons emotional tampon, either.

Down goes Mrs. Frazier.......

:gulp:

FORD
05-19-2011, 12:39 PM
It appears that opinions truly are like assholes: everyone's got one.

I fail to understand how a thread about a dissapointing Cure box set sparked this reaction.

It's not like its a Laura Branigan box set.

I doubt Laura Branigan had enough recorded material to make a box set. I'd ask Savicki, but he's pushing up daisies :biggrin:

Nitro Express
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Enough of this wear black clothes, pale skin, whine about life shit.

chefcraig
05-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Enough of this wear black clothes, pale skin, whine about life shit.

Yep. After all, that's pretty much your job. :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 06:39 PM

When it's coming from The Army's resident narcissistic, negative stick figured primadonna who happens to believe Jeff Beck,David Gilmour and Jimmy Page are absolute shite while believing Jack White is a brilliant musician..
What would you expect from poster's on a Rock site when said know it all (attention whore)starts a thread about a lame ass (imo) 80's messy haired trans-gender woofter band?!

Just remember Bin's.......

Nobody looks good with brown lipstick on.....

chefcraig
05-19-2011, 06:47 PM

One of hundreds of terrific Frank Zappa quotes. Jim, if you have not done so yet, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the Real Frank Zappa Book . It's insightful and informative as hell, plus you'll laugh your ass off. :baaa:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/jvonlehe/The_real_frank_zappa_book.jpg

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 07:15 PM
One of hundreds of terrific Frank Zappa quotes. Jim, if you have not done so yet, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the Real Frank Zappa Book . It's insightful and informative as hell, plus you'll laugh your ass off. :baaa:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/jvonlehe/The_real_frank_zappa_book.jpg

The funny thing with that particular quote is that it tends to fly over people heads. Like, "wtf is that supposed to mean" lol!
I must've read that book 3 times, it so fuckin good. I'm constantly lending it to friends who come back with the same reaction. FZ was a brilliant, unique human being. I'm a major fan of his.
The world needs Frank more than ever. I miss him a lot.
I was fortunate enough to sit and have a very cool 15 minute conversation & pass along my condolences to Dweezil @ NAMM '94, about 6 weeks after Frank's passing. Funny how the public
can't seem to get past the "strangeness" of his kids names. Spoke to Ahmet as well. Very cool, down to Earth people.

chefcraig
05-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I've had the same experience when it comes to loaning out that book, and must have bought at least 10 copies of it to either lend or give as a gift. I truly believe that every musician should consider it required reading for the details of what really takes place in the music business. Come to that, the man's candor would make worthwhile reading for non-musicians as well. An inspired read, and yes, the man is sadly missed.

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Absolutely. I was just about to go out and grab another copy, I'd forgotten who I leaned it out to last. Then I'm visiting family at Easter and my uncle walks up, hands me the book chuckling his ass off while proceeding to tell me his fav. anecdotes...

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Here.... time to turn this thread from a zero to a 10 . ( if only for 4 minutes and 40 seconds...)

lesfunk
05-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I wonder if there's a "Bill the Mannequin fucker" group on facebook?

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 07:37 PM
If not, it's time to start one! :lol:

lesfunk
05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
By the time I became obsessed with FZ it was too late to see him live. I saw him when I was 12 but I didn't know what all that fucking Noise was. And what the fuck was he singing about?

I saw Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa show in 2006 with Vai, Bozzio, and Napoleon Murphy Brock and it was sublime. Kudos to the Dweez.

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Haven't missed a ZPZ tour yet. Up to about 6 shows now. The Dweez always hangs out after the show and does the meet and greet after every show. Had him sign some of
my ZPZ concert shots I took (from previous shows). I always hit him up for a pick for the collection. First one he gave me had Bill Bixby typed on the back, the next time he gave me one with Gary Coleman on it. :biggrin:

lesfunk
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Dweezil really grew into an impressive guitarist.

Diamondjimi
05-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Dweezil really grew into an impressive guitarist.

Big time. His playing has matured enormously. Studying his father's music has worked wonders for him.

Mr. Vengeance
05-19-2011, 11:04 PM
When it's coming from The Army's resident narcissistic, negative stick figured primadonna who happens to believe Jeff Beck,David Gilmour and Jimmy Page are absolute shite while believing Jack White is a brilliant musician..
What would you expect from poster's on a Rock site when said know it all (attention whore)starts a thread about a lame ass (imo) 80's messy haired trans-gender woofter band?!

Well...I'll admit, when it comes to music, I find I'm usually at the opposite end of the spectrum from Kristy, but that's what makes the world go around....

lesfunk
05-19-2011, 11:18 PM
True, but there isn't a heck of a lot of gray area where this "music" in concerned

FORD
05-20-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm really surprised that you hate the Cure so much, Les. As a bass player I would think you would agree that both Michael Dempsey and his replacement Simon Gallup were among the best bass players in that genre of music.

lesfunk
05-20-2011, 12:35 AM
What can I say? I don't really hate it so much as I reject it at the molecular level. It's my Kryptonite except instead of making me weak it pisses me off. Good bass player or not, There are lots of good bass players that play crappy music (if that's what you mean by Genre). I'm a mediocre bass player that plays crappy music. I'm qualified .

Diamondjimi
05-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Well...I'll admit, when it comes to music, I find I'm usually at the opposite end of the spectrum from Kristy...

You're not alone on that one,dude..

twonabomber
05-20-2011, 02:09 AM
i love the RAAAAAR that harmless pop music brings out of some of you.

binnie
05-20-2011, 03:13 AM

I really don't get it. She's just a poster with strong opinions - not sure how that translates into 'attention whoring'.

As for starting a thread about a band in the House of Music: it's hardly a crime is it? If most of the people here don't like 'em, what does it matter?

Anyway, Kristy certainly doesn't need my help - she's more than capable of defending herself.

It's certainly true that no-one looks good with Brown lipstick. I would be happy to attempt to prove that theory wrong if Penelope Cruz would drop the restraining order and let me. :D

lesfunk
05-20-2011, 03:54 AM
I really don't get it. She's just a poster with strong opinions - not sure how that translates into 'attention whoring'. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it probably is a duck.

As for starting a thread about a band in the House of Music: it's hardly a crime is it? If most of the people here don't like 'em, what does it matter? Of course not. I, for one, was commenting on how many here actually liked The Cure, which surprised me. Who would have thought that so many Van Halen fans liked shit music? That was my point, dull as it may have been. What do you think would happen if I went to The Cure fansite and started posting shit about David Lee Roth and the mighty Van Halen? I suppose they would praise me on my diversity and free thinking... They'd tell me to take my dinosaur ass back to my mom's basement exactly as Kristy did. In a way This has turned into a thread about the opinions of some people who study and/or play music VS. the opinions of some people who study "fashion" and fancy themselves "Critics"

Anyway, Kristy certainly doesn't need my help - she's more than capable of defending herself. Yet you always spring to her defense! Methinks you either have a cyber crush on the old girl or You are the most chivalrous motherfucker on the internet.

It's certainly true that no-one looks good with Brown lipstick. I would be happy to attempt to prove that theory wrong if Penelope Cruz would drop the restraining order and let me. :D
No comment

lesfunk
05-20-2011, 03:56 AM
ooops. I just realized you were talking to someone else.... Sorry.
Click on my sig and enjoy

Seshmeister
05-20-2011, 04:47 AM
I really don't get it. She's just a poster with strong opinions - not sure how that translates into 'attention whoring'.

As for starting a thread about a band in the House of Music: it's hardly a crime is it? If most of the people here don't like 'em, what does it matter?

If you go back and read the thread from the start it's very clear who continually escalates an opinion on music to personal abuse.

binnie
05-20-2011, 04:48 AM
That's the first time I've ever been accused of chivalry :D

Seshmeister
05-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Call me an old romantic but I prefer the term 'cuntstruck'. :D

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2011, 11:04 AM
That's the first time I've ever been accused of chivalry :D

i'm sure there is a 12 step program to help rid your life of that debilitating disease....:baaa:

Mr. Vengeance
05-20-2011, 07:25 PM
I have nothing against Kristy. I disagree with her take on Zeppelin and I can't figure out how she can like Maiden's X Factor, but it's no big deal.

Diamondjimi
05-20-2011, 07:31 PM
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it probably is a duck.

This has turned into a thread about the opinions of some people who study and/or play music VS. the opinions of some people who study "fashion" and fancy themselves "Critics" Yet you always spring to her defense!

Nails it....