PDA

View Full Version : Obama 2012 campaign fundraiser: A Birth Certificate coffee mug???

FORD
05-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Seriously, just got this from the "Obama For America" campaign list......

FORD --

Let me introduce you to Jerome Corsi.

This week he released a new book that the publisher says will be a bestseller "of historic proportions."

The title is "Where's the Birth Certificate?" -- yes, really.

Corsi's work is a greatest-hits reel of delusions, ranging from 9/11 conspiracies to claiming that there is an infinite supply of oil in the Earth's core. In 2008, he published a book about Barack Obama claiming, among other things, that he (a) is a secret Muslim; (b) is secretly anti-military; (c) secretly dealt drugs; and (d) secretly supported terrorist actions when he was eight years old. So many secrets!

FactCheck.org called Corsi's work "a mishmash of unsupported conjecture, half-truths, logical fallacies and outright falsehoods."

There's really no way to make this stuff completely go away. The only thing we can do is laugh at it -- and make sure as many other people as possible are in on the joke.

So let's just do this -- get your Obama birth certificate mug here:

Get your limited-edition mug

https://donate.barackobama.com/USA-Made-Mug

Last year, the President said, "I can't spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead."

This is about as close as we can get.

If the facts can't make these ridiculous smears go away, we can at least have a little fun with it.

And then we'll get back to the important work of supporting the President as he tackles real problems like high gas prices, the deficit, and unemployment.

Thanks,

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

Paid for by Obama for America

OK, granted Jerome Corsi is a fucking idiot, who ran the Swift Boat smear campaign against Judas IsKerryot in 2004, and then spent the next 4 years complaining about Chimpy (apparently not fascist enough for him?) but wasn't the whole point of releasing the birth certificate (and then changing the subject to killing Bin Laden the very next day) taking the focus off the damn thing??

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/BSD_BBZFUBcXSFYKQERURQxQTwBWXQ/DAhXUgYX/FhVaVBAMS0cMR1U/CABEVgs/BwxEQQs7C0ECbFZaQzpEBAEXWkJT

Does Obama really want to use this crap as a campaign marketing tool?? :umm:

Seshmeister
05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
She gets $150k a year for stuff like this.

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Seriously, just got this from the "Obama For America" campaign list......

OK, granted Jerome Corsi is a fucking idiot, who ran the Swift Boat smear campaign against Judas IsKerryot in 2004, and then spent the next 4 years complaining about Chimpy (apparently not fascist enough for him?) but wasn't the whole point of releasing the birth certificate (and then changing the subject to killing Bin Laden the very next day) taking the focus off the damn thing??

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/BSD_BBZFUBcXSFYKQERURQxQTwBWXQ/DAhXUgYX/FhVaVBAMS0cMR1U/CABEVgs/BwxEQQs7C0ECbFZaQzpEBAEXWkJT

Does Obama really want to use this crap as a campaign marketing tool?? :umm:

It should say bought and paid for. With a big list of his corporate, banking, big oil, nuclear industry, and military contracting sponsors.

Seshmeister
05-18-2011, 03:38 PM
The only slightly reassuring thing is that since he's being bought by them all then no single corporation or sector is going to have too much power over him.

lesfunk
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
The only slightly reassuring thing is that since he's being bought by them all then no single corporation or sector is going to have too much power over him.

I don't feel reassured

Switch84
05-18-2011, 05:39 PM
LMFAO! I'm going to order one just for the hell of it....:hee:

Seshmeister
05-18-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't feel reassured

I don't blame you. :)

I think Congress is where the worst problem is though.

FORD
05-18-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't blame you. :)

I think Congress is where the worst problem is though.

Yep, as evidenced in the disgusting Senate vote yesterday on killing oil subsidies. Obama was for it. But as usual, three treasonous pieces of shit who call themselves "Democrats" voted with the always treasonous piece of shit Teabag Kochpublicans to defeat the bill :(

WASHINGTON -- A ceremonial vote over whether to end subsidies to major oil companies failed on Tuesday, with 45 Republicans and three Democrats voting to continue the tax incentives to the five largest oil companies.

Atlhough the 52-48 vote broke down mostly along party lines, Republican Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine split with the rest of the GOP to support the effort to repeal oil subsidies. Democratic Sens. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.), Mary Landrieu (D-La.) and Mark Begich (D-Alaska), voted against the bill.

Still, the debate over whether to end the subsidies is unlikely to die with Tuesday's vote. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) vowed to continue pushing for the government to end the series of tax credits to five oil companies, which Democrats say could produce $21 billion over the next decade.

"I am confident that before we finish our budget negotiations here, and in anticipation of raising the debt ceiling, that that will be part of it," Reid said at a midday press conference.

The bill would have cut $12 billion in subsidies for producing oil within the United States for Chevron, Shell Oil, BP America, ConocoPhillips, Exxon Mobile. Another $6 billion would come from eliminating credits for taxes that the oil companies pay to foreign governments, with the final $2 billion from blocking them from writing off certain drilling and development costs.

Republicans said the bill would unfairly single out oil companies, harming their ability to hire American workers, and drive up the United States’ dependence on foreign oil.

“Our oil and gas industry is an industry that creates jobs,” Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) said on the Senate floor. “We ought to be giving every possible fair break to companies that hire in America.”

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said the bill was an effort to bring in more government revenue and not reduce the deficit.

“Let’s be clear about what’s going on here: Democrats want to raise taxes to pay for more government spending,” he said.

But Democrats say subsidies are unnecessary given the high price of gas, arguing the oil companies should be paying more taxes because they are making large profits -- a statement that has been echoed by at least one former industry leader. John Hofmeister, former president of Shell Oil, said in February that high gas prices mean that major oil companies do not need more incentives in the form of subsidies to produce in the United States.

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) criticized the CEOs of the five biggest oil companies, who appeared last week before the Senate Finance Committee. At that committee hearing, all five said they were against efforts to end the tax credits, which would cut about $2 billion from their profits each year, he said.

“They are so caught up in their profits that they have lost sight of what is happening...on Main Street and around the kitchen table,” Rockefeller said on the Senate floor before the vote. “If they had expressed concern for people and then refused to give up their subsidies...at least that would have been a bend.”

Even if the bill had passed, it would likely have run up against problems over its constitutionality, as Talking Points Memo's Brian Beutler pointed out. The bill would have increased revenue, running afoul of a rule that says revenue-increasing measures must originate in the House of Representatives.

But Democrats are eager to put Republicans on the record in support for oil subsidies, particularly when some GOP members have said in the past they would support ending them. House Democrats forced a similar vote earlier this month, which failed to gain Republican support.

Several Senate Republicans who previously expressed support for ending the subsidies voted against the bill Tuesday, arguing it was a political ploy by Democrats rather than an effort to lower gas prices or pay down the deficit. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who has spoken out against the subsidies in the past, said on Tuesday he would vote “with his party” because he believes “oil subsidies should be part of a bigger package.”

Republicans will offer a ceremonial vote on their own on Wednesday, when the Senate will vote on a bill to expand offshore drilling. That bill, offered by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is also expected to fail.

Seshmeister
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
It's incredible.

Fucking astonishing that US taxpayers are subsidising these companies who in the first quarter of the year have already made profits of $38 BILLION.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/2011/04/29/news/companies/big-oil-gas-price-response/chart-oil-profits.top.gif

They turn up in their private jets, bribe the politicians and leave with your money.

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM

Obama used to promote clean coal. They ran ads with him saying how wonderful clean coal was and now he is saying he will put it out of business. I guess the uranium companies and GE got ahold of him.

Nitro Express
05-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Mary Landrieu is a fine piece of work. She's in BP's back pocket along with the other oil companies. Before the spill she was always crying how she was trying to help the fishermen and the people of Louisiana. Sure Mary. Why don't you move down on the coast and smell the Corexit and eat some contaminated crab and shrimp.

Terry
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Meh.
Whatever.
Considering the field of candidates the GOP has to select from thus far, Obama won't even have to leave the Oval Office and he'll win reelection without breaking a sweat.