PDA

View Full Version : political party

dazzlindino
05-20-2011, 07:01 PM
What would your platform be to start a new political party.
The ones we have now have pretty much proven themselves useless and corrupt.
From giving billions to foreign countries and oil company subsidies to creating minimum wage jobs...
WTF with these idiots......

binnie
05-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't know that I have a platform worked out, but one thing I'd like to see is some form of compulsory national service (2 years) to be completed between the age of 18 and 25.

It wouldn't have to be military, it could be working in communities: fire department, hospitals, social work and so on.

That way every young person in the country would gain the following: experience of routine and work, and how rewarding that can be (which could go someway to resolving problems of long-term and inter-generational unemployment); and sense of discipline (especially if it was military); a sense of world being bigger than themselves; a sense of investment in the system.

I think that could go some way to solving quite a few social and cultural problems, personally.

Other than that, I would really like to see some major re-thinking of policy towards drugs. The 'war' is failing miserably: perhaps it is time to consider legalization and regulation? That way, it takes the money and power away from gangs and organized crime by opening a free market; and, by lowering the price of drugs, also makes the need to commit crime to fund a habit less of a necessity.

FORD
05-20-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd like to see a new party made up out of environmentalists, organized labor, and left-Libertarians (NOT the Randtards!).

Or in other words, what the Democratic party was before 1992 :(

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2011, 08:10 PM
down here it would be rock or dirt:biggrin:

FORD
05-20-2011, 08:21 PM
down here it would be rock or dirt:biggrin:

And the dirt would get washed away in monsoon season.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2011, 08:44 PM
even those have lass funding and are less effective over the years. i remember phenomenal storms in late 90s early 00s

FORD
05-20-2011, 08:52 PM
I remember the street my grandmother lived on got washed out every year in the 80's until they finally wised up and paved the damn thing, because laying down the blacktop once was cheaper in the long run than completely rebuilding the dirt & gravel all the time.

Blaze
05-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Political parties should be illegal.

binnie
05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
How would the political system work without parties?

SunisinuS
05-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Enthusiasm is needed for any Political system. Ask Thoreau while you are reading Robinson Crusoe at the next party you attend.

I think of politics as old man's gossip. They sit around in coffee shops and bitch. The rest of the populace is out and about doing. Making music, making babies, making things for their neighbors and future neighbors happen just for the simple joy of simple work.

Work is not hard, being a blow-hard is easy.

So the whole grassroots thing is over rated. Serve your term in congress and go home. Help wherever you are, and set your self on a course that would make YOU proud.

Asking for votes to me seems just a game; we all can do it. Singing and finding a chorus is everybody's job. So where does that politician fit in?

Shamans I get. Politicians.....better just leave them to the revolution.

And sorry Binnie....I cannot answer your question. I just have to think about it more.

:)

But the national service Idea I think is excellent. Integration
should not be a reviled word. Then go off and you what you like.

ThrillsNSpills
05-21-2011, 02:50 PM
What would your platform be to start a new political party.
The ones we have now have pretty much proven themselves useless and corrupt.
From giving billions to foreign countries and oil company subsidies to creating minimum wage jobs...
WTF with these idiots......

it's the stuff we aren't told that concerns me.

Blaze
05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Suni, the tourist and gypsy, You did not even put one drop of research into your reply. Nor pay/bribe/extort/S.E. anyone to complete your work for you.
Moreover, you did not bring up the subject of no political parties. Sew your own dress to wear. M'kay. Thx. :)

Blaze
05-21-2011, 03:16 PM
How would the political system work without parties?

I do not have that paper indexed. I'll write another one soon.
In the mean time, here are some authored notes about what others thought about political parties.

Paper Mage asks:
Which of the Founding Fathers were against political parties?

staisil answered:
They were against political parties; especially George Washingtonin his Farewell Address.

Warns against the party system. "It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

http://www.laughtergenealogy.com/bin/history/politics.html
http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/milestones/farewell/

{What} arguments did the founding fathers have against political parties?

Answer
Our Founding Fathers called political parties "factions" because they believed that such groups that held differing opinions were harmful to our national unity. In Federalist Paper Number Ten, James Madison argued against political parties. He said , "The public good is disregarded in the conflicts of rival parties . . ." In his Farewell Address, George Washington also warned against the creation of political parties. He called them "baneful," very harmful, for the nation.
MrV
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_arguments_did_the_founding_fathers_have_agains t_political_parties

Political parties and elections

The United States Constitution has never formally addressed the issue of political parties, primarily because the Founding Fathers did not originally intend for American politics to be partisan. In Federalist Papers No. 9 and No. 10, Alexander Hamilton and James Madison, respectively, wrote specifically about the dangers of domestic political factions. In addition, the first President of the United States, George Washington, was not a member of any political party at the time of his election or throughout his tenure as president. Furthermore, he hoped that political parties would not be formed, fearing conflict and stagnation.[17] Nevertheless, the beginnings of the American two-party system emerged from his immediate circle of advisers, including Hamilton and Madison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_United_States#Political_parties_an d_elections

:)

FORD
05-21-2011, 03:33 PM
The problem isn't so much parties in and of themselves as it is a candidate running as a member of one party, and then looking like the other party when he or she is in office..

Realistically, I don't see a way to eliminate the existence of political parties. But that doesn't mean certain parties themselves shouldn't be eliminated. The Republican party is way beyond redeemable, and the Democratic party (at least "inside the Beltway") coming damn close to it.

SunisinuS
05-22-2011, 11:47 AM
"Suni, the tourist and gypsy, You did not even put one drop of research into your reply. Nor pay/bribe/extort/S.E. anyone to complete your work for you.
Moreover, you did not bring up the subject of no political parties. Sew your own dress to wear. M'kay. Thx." - Blaze (aka the meth pipe wielder).

Least I know how to sew. Your lips shut. And being this Guy Blaze, does not make your case.

Blaze
05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
"Suni, the tourist and gypsy, You did not even put one drop of research into your reply. Nor pay/bribe/extort/S.E. anyone to complete your work for you.
Moreover, you did not bring up the subject of no political parties. Sew your own dress to wear. M'kay. Thx." - Blaze (aka the meth pipe wielder).

Least I know how to sew. Your lips shut. And being this Guy Blaze, does not make your case.

http://schematicwiring.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Dunlop-Cry-Baby-Wah-Wah-Guitar-Effect-Schematic-Diagram.PNG
:biggrin: