PDA

View Full Version : KKKoch Brothers to blame for artificially high gas prices??

FORD
05-20-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz92EXJ8CW0

Nitro Express
05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
One of the people in our subdivision converted a half ton pickup over to electric. It still has the stick shift tansmission and regular drive train. It costs 1/10 of what a gasoline truck costs to run, has an average range of 150 milles, will drive at a top speed of 80mph and charges in 5 hours. The motor will last a lot longer than a gasoline engine will. It's a work truck that does mostly short hauls and he used it so little he had problems with the gasoline going bad in the tank. In fact the tank rusted out. I guess the batteries are landfill safe. I think electric is where the commuter and short haul delivery vehicle market is going. For long haul oil will still be the thing.

You also have the option to put solar panels on the roof and on a big delivery van you got a lot of space up there for panels.

Electric motors were the first outboards and even cabs in New York City were electric 100 years ago. Of course they used lead acid batteries but people (especially women) liked them because they didn't need cranking, were cleaner, and you didn't have to shift. New York City actually had plug in stations for these cars. So it's nothing new. Today we have better battery and motor technology. Gasoline won because of it's price and capability to run where there wasn't any electricity.

Once oil hits a certain price, people start looking into other alternatives but once the oil price goes down, people seem to migrate back to the big cars and oil again. That's the cycle I've witnessed in my lifetime so far.