PDA

View Full Version : Another example why the presidential limousine is a joke.

Nitro Express
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
The secret service calls it the beast. This limousine went into service when Clinton was president. If you have ever seen the doors open on it they are like bank vaults with huge thick windows. The car is so heavy it over strains the engine and breaks down on a regular basis. It overheated between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem carrying president Clinton. It broke down in Italy with President Bush.

This is some funny footage of it getting high centered. When the car breaks down the president has to get out of the car and expose himself in the open and that kind of defeats having a armored monstrosity. Also, the car is freaking ugly.

Seshmeister
05-25-2011, 11:19 AM
The current presidential limousine entered service on January 20, 2009. According to the manufacturer, General Motors....

Ok I think I've found the problem... :)

President wasn't in the car BTW.

chefcraig
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
...When the car breaks down the president has to get out of the car and expose himself in the open and that kind of defeats having a armored monstrosity.

Sort of like JFK's limo, which had a protective, bullet-proof bubble that was left off of the car, because it was such a lovely day in Dallas.

Nitro Express
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Ok I think I've found the problem... :)

President wasn't in the car BTW.

Sometimes they aren't and sometimes they are. It's like a shell game when the president comes to town. Bush came to town and the city welded all the man hole covers and spent thousands of dollars for extra security on a route the motorcade didn't even use. It went down another street.

Nitro Express
05-25-2011, 12:05 PM
They have several presidential limousines but the hideous Cadillac rolling tank series came into service under Clinton. Maybe they put more horse power into Obama's new one because the old one would over heat and break down.

Seshmeister
05-26-2011, 06:17 PM
The presidential entourage is nuts these days.

http://www.boingboing.net/200711291013.jpg

Seshmeister
05-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Whoever writes Obama's speeches is very good and he is good at selling a line.

Of course the speech he gave in Ireland recently was actually for the American people, and like presidents before him the only reason he would have visited a little country like Ireland is for the American Irish voters.

“The President: Thank you! (Applause.) Hello, Dublin! (Applause.) Hello, Ireland! (Applause.) My name is Barack Obama—(applause) —of the Moneygall Obamas. (Applause.) And I’ve come home to find the apostrophe that we lost somewhere along the way. (Laughter and applause.)

Audience member: : I’ve got it here!

The President: Is that where it is? (Laughter.)