PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz calls Laura Ingraham a "Right-Wing Slut", suspended without pay for a week

Va Beach VH Fan
05-25-2011, 10:38 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/ed-schultz-laura-ingraham_n_866909.html

UPDATE: MSNBC announced Wednesday evening that Schultz is going on one week of unpaid leave as a result of these comments.

Original Post: Ed Schultz called conservative radio host Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut" on his Tuesday radio show.

Schultz was criticizing Ingraham for what he saw as her hypocritical criticism of President Obama for drinking beer in Ireland while a tornado was destroying Joplin, Missouri:

Rain, thunderstorms, winds getting whipped into tornadoes of horrific proportions. Hot weather, all of this stuff. And what are the Republicans thinking about? They're not thinking about their next-door neighbor. They're just thinking about how much this is going to cost. President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Missouri, on Sunday. But you know what they're talking about? Like this right-wing slut, what's her name, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she's a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama's doing it, they're working him over.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLeGQr9TK6g&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLeGQr9TK6g&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

FORD
05-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Probably should have called her "media whore" instead, since that couldn't be so easily spun as "sexist". Still, it's ridiculous that he gets suspended for something like that when Hannity, O'Reilly, Beckkk, and other FAUX douchebags say worse things every day. Including Ingraham herself when she fills in for one of those douchebags.

sadaist
05-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Probably should have called her "media whore" instead, since that couldn't be so easily spun as "sexist". Still, it's ridiculous that he gets suspended for something like that when Hannity, O'Reilly, Beckkk, and other FAUX douchebags say worse things every day. Including Ingraham herself when she fills in for one of those douchebags.

Agreed. I fucking hate how sensitive everyone is to words. Geez people, chill. They all preach tolerance then show zero when something minor like this slips out. But he is wealthy and a week off might be nice this time of year. Enjoy yourself Ed. Come back with a nice tan.

What's the difference between a bitch & a slut?

A slut will fuck everyone.

A bitch will fuck everyone but you.

:biggrin:

FORD
05-26-2011, 12:07 AM
I doubt he's going to get a tan, because Ed's idea of a vacation spot is his old fishing hole somewhere near Fargo North Dakota.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. Just not the sunniest place on earth.

jhale667
05-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Suspended for stating a fact...nice.

Dr. Love
05-26-2011, 01:07 AM
There's no need for that sort of dialogue on either side. MSNBC did the right thing.

Nickdfresh
05-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Schultz was over the line here, but he has a point with these empty-headed media-whores (both male and female) making such partisan tripe and her comments are just screaming "revenge on Democrats for the Katrina fallout", and their shameless, disingenuous attempts to pander to their drooling moron viewer base...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-26-2011, 08:43 AM
I doubt he's going to get a tan, because Ed's idea of a vacation spot is his old fishing hole somewhere near Fargo North Dakota.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. Just not the sunniest place on earth.

Actually Ed's a local boy, grew up in Norfolk....

Nitro Express
05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I really don't like how the media divides the public. The Democrats have some good ideas and Republicans have some good ideas. There are some good people on both sides and both sides have their scumbags.

Nothing will be fixed until we get rid of the partisan bickering. What really irritates the hell out of me is when one party calls the other one out on something and then they go ahead and do the same dam thing when they get the power. It's like watching a bunch of four year olds fighting in the sandbox.

Nitro Express
05-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Ed Schultz is a nut job. He's nothing special. They should can his fat ass because there are plenty of better people to replace him with that need a job right now.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-26-2011, 02:22 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/opUVsIufWog&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/opUVsIufWog&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

FORD
05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Actually Ed's a local boy, grew up in Norfolk....

Yeah, I knew that. But he still refers to the Fargo/Detroit Lakes region as "home" and seems to spend most of his weekends there.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I knew that. But he still refers to the Fargo/Detroit Lakes region as "home" and seems to spend most of his weekends there.

The two latest commercials he's done for MSNBC have been from Norfolk, though....

ThrillsNSpills
05-26-2011, 05:10 PM
If you tune into a hate-speech show you should know what you're getting basically, regardless of where you stand.

I agree that saying slut was going too far, but isn't saying media-whore kind of redundant, or assumed?

Nitro Express
05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
He just showed everyone the unprofessional hack he is. I've seen this guy totally lose it and go off like a two year old throwing a tantrum. Ed Schultz is the Glen Beck of the liberal media. Both are about as stable as Danny Bonaduece catching someone else with his girlfriend.

FORD
05-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Could be worse. CBS News is about to replace the horribly unqualified Katie Couric with the obvious CIA embed (who destroyed 60 Minutes) Scott Pelley.

I find it very interesting that Pelley's first airdate is June 6. The CBS evening news airs at 6:00 PM in most markets.

Now tell me that's not an omen. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Warham
05-27-2011, 10:09 PM

He got suspended because he's an idiot, unlike the others that you mentioned. He'll eventually be fired, just like Olbermann was. I'm sure the twenty or thirty people who watch his show every night will make it, though.

BigBadBrian
05-28-2011, 05:27 AM
He got suspended because he's an idiot, unlike the others that you mentioned. He'll eventually be fired, just like Olbermann was. I'm sure the twenty or thirty people who watch his show every night will make it, though.

:lmao:

BigBadBrian
05-28-2011, 05:30 AM
The two latest commercials he's done for MSNBC have been from Norfolk, though....

Yeah, with that idiot Spike Lee directing a commercial...for MSDNC.
Only a hopeless liberal like you would want to claim him as a homeboys from around here, Va. :biggrin:

BigBadBrian
05-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Still, it's ridiculous that he gets suspended for something like that when Hannity, O'Reilly, Beckkk, and other FAUX douchebags say worse things every day.

Name some examples. :gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, with that idiot Spike Lee directing a commercial...for MSDNC.
Only a hopeless liberal like you would want to claim him as a homeboys from around here, Va. :biggrin:

Well, two things....

1. He wouldn't be my "homeboy", I'm a PA boy....

2. While I may be a liberal, I'm certainly not hopeless.... :D

jhale667
05-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Well, two things....

1. He wouldn't be my "homeboy", I'm a PA boy....

2. While I may be a liberal, I'm certainly not hopeless.... :D

The "hopeless" part was Brie projecting...as usual.

hideyoursheep
05-31-2011, 02:10 PM
I always thought Ed was more level-headed than that...at least moreso than Glenn Beck. Those 2 should do a show together..then I would watch.

Nitro Express
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Could be worse. CBS News is about to replace the horribly unqualified Katie Couric with the obvious CIA embed (who destroyed 60 Minutes) Scott Pelley.

I find it very interesting that Pelley's first airdate is June 6. The CBS evening news airs at 6:00 PM in most markets.

Now tell me that's not an omen. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Who watches this shit anymore? CBS, NBC, ABC. I don't think I've watched anything on a major network for a very long time. What's funny is I watch Jay Leno's Garage on the internet. I read his articles in Popular Mechanics. I usually see Jay in old jeans, a denim shirt and work boots. I was over at a friends house and The Tonight Show was on and Jay comes out in a suit and I forgot he actually did that show. It was weird to see Jay in a suit and tie with his hair combed. In his garage he's in denim with messed up hair.

Nitro Express
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
I heard Ed Schultz has six kids. With his temper and six kids I bet the house shakes with a pissed Ed Schultz laying down the law. What can you say, Ed has that German in him that likes to come out.