PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Edison Was Not The Inventor Of The First Recording Device....

Hardrock69
06-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Pretty fascinating stuff. Too much info to copy and paste.

http://www.firstsounds.org/

ashstralia
06-04-2011, 06:41 AM
fascinating shit, hr. imagine showing the lumiere's a modern video camera, or even 15 years ago a common 14mp camera to a dude with 15 grand's worth of hardware and darkroom (in 1993 $). faaaaark..... the advances in technology make me wonder what a computer will even look like in twenty years. i've still got many hours of analogue stuff, and my trusty yamaha mt120.

Hardrock69
06-05-2011, 03:44 AM
My neighbor has an iPod and a dock for it hooked up to one of those little Bose WaveStation radios. Goddamn those sound good. I asked him "Where are your speakers? Is that a Bose?" and he said "Yup!". Lo end from hell on this little bitty fucking thing. Amazing.

He then went on to tell me I should just get rid of my CDs. Hell, I told him that I have yet to transfer all my cassettes to CD to begin with! And I got at least a couple of years before I finish transferring my VHS collection to DVD. THEN I can talk about getting a 100-bazillion terabyte hard drive to store it all on.

ashstralia
06-05-2011, 05:22 AM
there you go mate. now we can store a weeklong non stop playlist on something the size of a packet of chewy.*

*pack of gum (u.s.):)