PDA

View Full Version : Great White sharks prefer AC/DC

lesfunk
06-04-2011, 09:22 PM

Published at 3:00 PM on June 2, 2011
By Andrea Kszystyniak
AC/DC Can Calm Great White Sharks

It seems great white sharks may actually prefer AC/DC track “If You Want Blood” to an actual bloody feast.

According to NME, Australian boat operator Matt Waller has been conducting experiments to determine how certain music affects the behavior of great white sharks. After pawing through his music library and playing tons of different songs to no avail, he hit the jackpot. He noticed that when he played AC/DC tracks, the ordinarily frenzied sharks became much more calm.

“Their behavior was more investigative, more inquisitive and a lot less aggressive,” Waller said to Australian news outlet ABC news. “They actually came past in a couple of occasions when we had the speaker in the water and rubbed their face along the speaker which was really bizarre.”

These sharks are responding to the music without even being able to hear it. Waller says that they are simply reacting to the frequencies and vibrations of the Aussie rock band.

“Sharks don’t have ears, they don’t have long hair, and they don’t head bang past the cage doing the air guitar,” Waller said to Australian Geographic.

So which album do they like best? Is it AC/DC’s 1979 record, Highway to Hell? Or a piece off of 1981 hit, For Those About to Rock, We Salute You? Nope. Apparently the shark’s top track is “You Shook Me All Night Long.”

So next time you’re at the beach, don’t forget your towel, sunscreen and of course, a boombox with a copy of Back in Black in it. You never know when you’re gonna need it.

FORD
06-04-2011, 09:31 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs24/i/2009/051/2/a/Shark_guitar_hero_coloured_by_RtotheYO.jpg

FORD
06-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I suppose the obvious question would be why the sharks wouldn't be Great White fans. But then I remembered they suck.

Anonymous
06-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, it seems pretty obvious, when you think about it.

Sharks react to different vibrations in the water & as soon as they sense a wounded prey flailing about, struggling to swim, they instantly attack.

That behaviour does not - allegedly - occur when th eprey is healthy & swimming steadily. They may attack, but not as often.

Well, Angus & Malcolm guitar attack is certainly not lame or weak. Maybe they feel the perfect timing of the power chords delivered with confidence & strength & deem it as something worthy of respect & idolatry.

In other words, the speaker is their superior, possibly even their God, when through it speak the Young Ones.

Cheers! :bottle:

lesfunk
06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Perhaps it's the Rudd Thud?

Anonymous
06-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Could be, could be.

The whole rhythm section of AC/DC is delivered with balls, surely & steadily, never faltering.

AC/DC... tougher than sharks, motherfucker!

Cheers! :bottle:

ThrillsNSpills
06-04-2011, 10:48 PM
So sharks prefer Brian Johnson?

I guess their favorite football team isn't the Jets.

BITEYOASS
06-05-2011, 11:10 AM
That gives me an idea for a youtube video. I need to sync up that AC/DC song with various videos of shark attacks.