PDA

View Full Version : Never fuck around on Ebay under the influence of narcotics

lesfunk
06-08-2011, 08:10 PM
My lesson learned...
May back was killing me three nights ago and I couldn't sleep so I took a couple Vicodin and went out into the living room to my laptop. I innocently began checking out Ebay listings for guitars.
I wound up bidding on a bass guitar that I liked but can't really afford. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
When I woke up I realized my mistake but no worries, The opening bid was reasonably low and mine was only the second of the auction. I'll be outbid within hours.
Well, as luck would have it, Nobody else bid and 3 days later I am the proud new owner of a G&L ASAT bass in butterscotch blonde. A nice piece at a decent price but FUCK!

Dan
06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Sweet As.:D

Go Easy On The Drugs.:hitch:

sadaist
06-08-2011, 08:54 PM
From this point forward and for all times...I dub thee.....

Vicobass

ThrillsNSpills
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
ah well.
congrats on the new bass.
Were you posting on narcotics too because it seems like a gear street thread? :)

New instruments are always good Les. We can all make worse mistakes.
G & L's are good.

Blaze
06-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Ebay, The place where you just might win what you think you can't have.

I accidently bought a car off ebay. I was shopping for one but thought, really thought, I would get out bid. It proved to be a pretty good car. The guy called me back after I bought it and said he had accidently sold it and would I trade it for another car. I said Nope. :biggrin:

lesfunk
06-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, It was not specifically about gear. The bass was incidental. It was about making less than responsible decisions while medicated. :)

Blaze
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
It is a nice bass. It rather has a surreal look to it. :baaa:

ThrillsNSpills
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I hear ya.

Give us a review after you check it out.
I have a G and L guitar that I've played so much I made a groove in the body with my middle finger from saw picking.

Diamondjimi
06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice bass Les!

lesfunk
06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
They do sound fucking awesome. I owned one a few years ago. The electronics package in those is Leo Fender's ultimate development before his passing. You can get everything from a great P bass tone to Stingray to Modern and classic jazz bass tones.
I remember my old one being especially good at getting the Aggressive John Paul Jones "Presence" bass tone with a pick.

Matt White
06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Sweet ass Bass! "Better Living thru Chemistry"

lesfunk
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
We can talk about the bass. I'm more than happy to. We should move this to gear street though.
I'm actually quite surprised at the bass interest here. I thought we were mostly a bunch of narcissist guitarists round here

sadaist
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
That's how ebay gets you. They make it feel like you are winning an item and not buying an item. Can't complain really. I have sold a boatload of stuff and made some good money from ebay. Found a lot of really great stuff too. One of the great things about the Internet in my opinion.

VAiN
06-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Congrats on the bass! It really is beautiful. I think it looks awesome... I love the new toy feeling, enjoy that shit!

VAiN
06-09-2011, 12:07 AM
That's how ebay gets you. They make it feel like you are winning an item and not buying an item. Can't complain really. I have sold a boatload of stuff and made some good money from ebay. Found a lot of really great stuff too. One of the great things about the Internet in my opinion.

I got a nice 98 goldtop Wolfgang special a little over a year ago on eBay.. My first and only purchase on there. Great site, it's amazing the amount of shit they have!

Nitro Express
06-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Ebay makes finding hard to find car parts easier. I think a lot of old cars would remain unrestored if the internet didn't exist. It's very good and bringing markets together on obscure stuff.

What makes me laugh about Ebay is I've seen bidding wars go out of control on used items to where the price is higher on Ebay than it is from a retailer for new. I've seen this happen several times and I just shake my head.

Nitro Express
06-09-2011, 01:33 AM
My lesson learned...
May back was killing me three nights ago and I couldn't sleep so I took a couple Vicodin and went out into the living room to my laptop. I innocently began checking out Ebay listings for guitars.
I wound up bidding on a bass guitar that I liked but can't really afford. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
When I woke up I realized my mistake but no worries, The opening bid was reasonably low and mine was only the second of the auction. I'll be outbid within hours.
Well, as luck would have it, Nobody else bid and 3 days later I am the proud new owner of a G&L ASAT bass in butterscotch blonde. A nice piece at a decent price but FUCK!

The same advice holds true when picking women up at bars. You wake up in the morning and look at what you spent the night with and go Oh Fuck!:biggrin:

Hardrock69
06-09-2011, 02:00 AM
I found a neck-thru-body JB Player Strat on eBay last year. Got snipe at literally the last fucking second....dude got it for 300 bucks. I have two already, but they are incredibly good guitars, not well known, and there are not many to be found. Oh and inexpensive as a result.

I was pissed off. I wanted it.

Congrats on the new bass, lol. Fucking drug addict. :hee:

lesfunk
06-09-2011, 02:08 AM
I've had pretty good luck with Ebay, knock on wood...
Most people (myself included) will be pretty honest and careful when selling on Ebay because the internet can be a ruthless fucking place. Once somebody feels even the slightest dissatisfaction they will motherfuck a seller to the ends of the net and back without a second thought.