PDA

View Full Version : And in today's "You can't make this shit up" department.....

FORD
06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Reader-reply-here1.jpeg

KFC "fights juvenile diabetes" by donating a dollar for every time you drink a half a fucking gallon of high-fructose corn poison.

And you thought the "Double Down" was horrible marketing?

VAiN
06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow... just wow. I'm waiting for the donuts to fight obesity campaign...

sadaist
06-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Brilliant! Good find Ford. Thanks. Funny shit.

Nitro Express
06-11-2011, 12:50 AM
They should be celebrating the fact that sugar is one of the biggest killers in the US. It should read to celebrate that those annoying useless kids are coming down with diabetes and probably will die from it saving us from the misery they bring the world, enjoy a half gallon of fucking Pepsi with your meal.

ashstralia
06-11-2011, 01:41 AM
anybody else find it ironic that one symptom of diabetes is inordinate thirst?

Hardrock69
06-11-2011, 01:57 AM
You know, a single 2-liter of soda (Coke, DP, Pepsi) has over half a pound of sugar in it? I shit you not.

40 grams per serving, approximately 6 servings = 240 grams of sugar.

One ounce is 28 grams......240 divided by 28 = 8.5714 ounces. Over EIGHT AND A HALF FUCKING OUNCES OF PURE SUGAR.

Is it any wonder that the diabetes rate in this country is through the roof? Someone oughta introduce legislation in Congress to ban such insane quantities of sugar in soft drinks.

But then, aspartame in "diet" soft drinks is not that great for you either. Turns into fucking formaldehyde when it enters your bloodstream. So if you want to embalm yourself while you are still alive, just start drinking mass quantities of Diet Choke, Diet Pepsi, Diet DP, etc.

ashstralia
06-11-2011, 02:03 AM
crazy hr... diabetes runs in my family, but at 43 i have absolutely no probs because for the last 20 years or so i've drunk at least 2-3 litres of water every day. the only other things i drink are tea (with 1 tsp RAW sugar) and beer. we're blessed to have pure clean water just about everywhere in this country, straight from the tap. big it up for water, people!!!

Nitro Express
06-11-2011, 02:06 AM
I worked with a guy that was pretty heavy set and all a sudden he started shedding pounds like a mother fucker. He wanted to lose weight and consulted a dietician and she put him on a diabetes diet. No sugar period and balanced meals three times a day and a mile walk a day. This was the guy you always saw with the big gas station mug full of soda pop. He just went to non sweetened iced tea for the drinks.

Nitro Express
06-11-2011, 02:12 AM
crazy hr... diabetes runs in my family, but at 43 i have absolutely no probs because for the last 20 years or so i've drunk at least 2-3 litres of water every day. the only other things i drink are tea (with 1 tsp RAW sugar) and beer. we're blessed to have pure clean water just about everywhere in this country, straight from the tap. big it up for water, people!!!

Yeah we are fortunate to live in an area with good water right out of the tap so I drink a lot of water. I used to do a bit of mountain guiding and one thing I always saw was people just don't drink enough water and they start to dehydrate out.

ashstralia
06-11-2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.howmuchsugar.com/

here's an aussie dude with a lot of interesting info. i think the only reason we don't have it as bad as you guys is our very low use of the corn poison, cause we are a massive sugar producer.

ashstralia
06-11-2011, 02:21 AM
yeah nitro, dehydration hits hard and early in the hot climates. we had it drummed into us as kids, 'if you're really thirsty, you're already dehydrated'. my dad forbade coke in the house. now i thank him for it. speaking of beer, i'm off to have a few in rememberance of our dear departed mate. catch ya's in a few hours.....:bottle:

VAiN
06-11-2011, 03:26 AM
I've never been a soda-guy. I have to thank my patents for that. They never let me have it as a child and now I really care for it.

Beer? Well I fucking love it! I also had several and played a ton of VH tonight in honor of our fallen brother...

Little Texan
06-11-2011, 04:46 PM
This is like Burger King donating money to the American Heart Association for every Triple Whopper sold, or Phillip Morris Tobacco donating money to the American Cancer Society for every pack of cigarettes sold!