PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 5???

Hardrock69
06-14-2011, 09:33 AM
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/06/harrison-fords-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-turns-30.html

Thirty years ago on Sunday (June 12), Harrison Ford's most most iconic character, Indiana Jones, made his debut in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

The role put him on the map. Or more on the map since he was an integral part of the original "Star Wars" trilogy. Ford ended up reprising the Jones role three times -- in 1984, 1989 and 2008.

And, stay tuned Indy fans, because Ford (now 68) may be making a fifth appearance as Jones. According to Shia LaBeouf, who co-starred with Jones in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," Ford recently hinted that he's staying in shape because he fully expects a call from George Lucas.

"I talked to [Harrison Ford]," LaBeouf tells MTV News. "He said he's staying in the gym, he said he's heard no word, but he does know that [George Lucas] is out there looking for a MacGuffin. He said he's staying in the gym, so it means [the movie is] not so far off."

In "Raiders of the Lost Ark," Ford played Indiana Jones, a mild-mannered archaeology professor who -- for kicks -- took a sabbatical to save the Ark of the Covenant from falling into Nazi hands. The character had swagger to spare and more than a little skill with a whip. He was smart, funny, vulnerable and -- at times -- a total idiot. We loved him.

The movie was a watershed moment for director Steven Spielberg, whose previous movie -- "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" -- was respected, but hardly a cultural phenomenon. Spielberg teamed with "Star Wars" creator George Lucas to rekindle the genre of adventure serials, a staple of their cinema-going youth. Hence the big-time music score, the map with dotted lines tracking the action as Jones ping-ponged around the globe and, of course, the larger-than-life premise.

It worked. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was a smash hit at the box office and snagged a Best Director Oscar for Spielberg.

What do you think? Are you up for a fifth "Indiana Jones" installment or should we all just rent the classic "Raiders?"

Seshmeister
06-14-2011, 10:08 AM
The last one was shit and the only way to fix things is if Spielberg gets to be boss.

It also doesn't help that my cat has coughed up things with more charisma than Shia LaBeouf.

Anonymous
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah, it'll help a lot making Loony Spielberg the boss.

That way, instead of having aliens ruining the film at the end, you'll have aliens all through the fuckin' film.

He has a serious hard on for aliens. He's completely fucked up in the head. I bet you never played The Dig, 'coz if you did, you wouldn't be saying that shit. Fuck, the speech at the end of the game... man...

He strikes me as someone who's actually trying to show aliens that he is worthy of them & that they should communicate with him & take himaway to their planet or something. Did I say he's completely fucked in the head?

Sammy Hagar ain't got nuthin' on him.

He's completely fucked in the head.

Cheers! :bottle:

binnie
06-14-2011, 05:33 PM
The last film was OK until the silly ending.

It was never going to come close to the earlier ones though, was it?

sadaist
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
The last film was OK until the silly ending.

It was never going to come close to the earlier ones though, was it?

I don't like kid sidekicks for Indy. I didn't like Shia Lebeouf or the little Chinese kid from the Goonies that was in Temple Of Doom. Hollywood does this a lot to appeal to younger crowds, when younger crowds will show up just fine as long as the movie is good.

Indy 4 was decent. The end was laughable & sad though. And there is zero chance any sequel will ever, ever, ever compare to the original Raiders Of The Lost Ark. The greatest movie ever made.

I'll go to see an Indy 5. I just wish they would have made these sequels a long time ago when Harrison was younger. Like every 4-5 years or so.

Damn...reminds me of something else that pissed away their prime and didn't do anything worthy until 20+ years later. What could that be I wonder.........I wonder ;)

sadaist
06-14-2011, 05:58 PM

That way, instead of having aliens ruining the film at the end, you'll have aliens all through the fuckin' film.

:lmao:

rocking ron
06-14-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't like kid sidekicks for Indy. I didn't like Shia Lebeouf or the little Chinese kid from the Goonies that was in Temple Of Doom. Hollywood does this a lot to appeal to younger crowds, when younger crowds will show up just fine as long as the movie is good.

Indy 4 was decent. The end was laughable & sad though. And there is zero chance any sequel will ever, ever, ever compare to the original Raiders Of The Lost Ark. The greatest movie ever made.

I'll go to see an Indy 5. I just wish they would have made these sequels a long time ago when Harrison was younger. Like every 4-5 years or so.

Damn...reminds me of something else that pissed away their prime and didn't do anything worthy until 20+ years later. What could that be I wonder.........I wonder ;)

wonder... wonder....uuuuuuuuuuuh

hahaha Stevie wonder ????????:confused11::confused11:

indeedido
06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't like kid sidekicks for Indy. I didn't like Shia Lebeouf or the little Chinese kid from the Goonies that was in Temple Of Doom.

)

+1000

rocking ron
06-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Yes I agree, didnt like that fxxxxx alien stuff also at the end of the movie:barf:!!!

And where will they come up with in I.J. 5??, talking to God on a higher mountain????

[SIZE="4"]God only knows,
And he ain't talkin'...............

:hitch:Skyscraper

fryingdutchman
06-15-2011, 06:36 AM
They never should have made the 4th fucking film. It was terrible, and they ruined a perfectly good trilogy by dropping that turd on the public.

I hope that talk of a 5th film is just that....only TALK.

Harrison Ford is WAY past his prime for that kind of role, and the idea of a "boy wonder" sidekick like Shia Lebeouf was poorly developed and even more poorly executed.

Elderly guys as action heros is best left in the realm of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy...

Seshmeister
07-16-2021, 07:31 AM
Wow look at the date on this thread!

They are filming it here in Scotland this week with Glasgow standing in for NYC.

It appears to be set in 1969 and the return of the Apollo 11 astronauts from the moon.

Ticket tape parade with stuntman on motor bike chasing Indy stuntman on horseback or is it the other way around... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762HWjqsyMs

Seshmeister
07-16-2021, 07:41 AM

He has a serious hard on for aliens. He's completely fucked up in the head. I bet you never played The Dig, 'coz if you did, you wouldn't be saying that shit. Fuck, the speech at the end of the game... man...

He strikes me as someone who's actually trying to show aliens that he is worthy of them & that they should communicate with him & take himaway to their planet or something. Did I say he's completely fucked in the head?

Sammy Hagar ain't got nuthin' on him.

He's completely fucked in the head.

Cheers! :bottle:

LOL!

The aliens thing is looking a bit worrying given the connection with the moon landing but the writer/director is James Mangold who did Logan and Cop Land - we'll see...

twonabomber
07-16-2021, 09:43 AM
I see Antonio Banderas has been added to the cast.

I hadn't heard anything about it being set in '69 or connected to the Apollo missions.

ZahZoo
07-17-2021, 09:14 AM
Nice old convertibles in that video clip... Lincoln w/ suicide doors, Cadillac and Mustang!!

Kristy
07-17-2021, 11:41 AM
Yeah! Back when AMERICA actually knew how to build a fucking car. None of that namby-pamby Euro trash shit

Such as the 1956 Lincoln Continental MkII

https://americancars-for-sale.com/wp-content/americancars-for-sale.com/2014/09/1956-lincoln-continental-mark-ii-american-cars-for-sale-1-960x720.jpg

The god damn 1959 Lincoln Continental MK IV

https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge.net/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/231920/231920_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

The 1961 Oldsmobile Starfire

https://photos.classiccars.com/cc-temp/listing/116/8354/14520513-1961-oldsmobile-starfire-std.jpg

The highly fuckable 1949 Pontiac Chieftain

https://img.hmn.com/fit-in/900x506/filters:upscale()/stories/2017/09/60170830-770-0@2X.jpg

The 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hagerty.com/vehicle/web/4402.jpg

And if any of you cretin asshats don't like these cars then you are anti-American and quite possibly a domestic terrorist.

One more:

1958 Chevrolet Impala. This car is a motherfucker.

https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge.net/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/237714/237714_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-17-2021, 11:51 AM
I guess Harrison Ford was injured pretty badly and they are using a look-a-like standin for the more minor shots at the moment and slowing down production until he recovers. He's old so yeah he's gonna get hurt in a physical roll. But also it's the law of averages, as he should have probably been injured in the first one with stunts like the plaster boulder. In any case, I remembered this background poster gag from Airplane 2 The Sequel! Seems fitting at this point...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLynIF4UMAIw0OG?format=jpg&name=large

Terry
07-17-2021, 05:46 PM
It also doesn't help that my cat has coughed up things with more charisma than Shia LaBeouf.

...good stuff, that.

Nitro Express
07-18-2021, 02:57 AM
Harrison Ford has a place here and he’s well known in the pilot community here because he has flown aircraft in and out of here for years. He bought some land here to keep developers from getting it and leaves it open to the public. He only asks that you leave it how you found it. He’s made some mistakes flying recently which has people thinking maybe he’s hit that age where he should hang it up. The reality is your mind just isn’t as sharp as you get older. Commercial pilots have to retire at age 65 for that reason. He’s played some great characters over the years.

Seshmeister
07-18-2021, 09:34 AM
The reality is your mind just isn’t as sharp as you get older. Commercial pilots have to retire at age 65 for that reason.

Which gives them 5 or 10 years to prepare to be president...