PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters - Memphis 05-20-11

ALMOSTsaved
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure how many folks here are fans of Foo Fighters but I happen to think the new album, "Wasted Light" is their best album yet and is actually probably the best album of 2011 thus far.

Anyway, my GF and I traveled from the Mississippi coast to Memphis, TN back in May to catch a show on their latest tour. Motörhead opened the show and overall both bands were incredible. Here's a bunch of videos I filmed of the show. Unfortunately, I was only able to catch the opening song by Motörhead, "Iron Fist" because it seemed like my camera was going to fucking crap out on me real quick...

After about the third song in their set, Dave Grohl said, "Welcome to the longest show of your life. If your favorite rock band only plays an hour and fifteen minutes, then they shouldn't be your favorite rock band..." Foo Fighters played for nearly 3 hours...

Enjoy the vids...

Bridge Burning:

Rope:

White Limo / Arlandria

Shake Your Blood W/ Lemmy

This Is A Call / All My Life

Best Of You (Partial)

Times Like These

Young Man Blues (The Who Cover)

School's Out (Alice Cooper Cover)

Motörhead - Iron Fist

Dan
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Sweet Fucking As.:D

VAiN
06-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Very cool!! I've been a Foo fan since their first album. I also got to see him play with that other band he was in...That Dave Grohl is one talented motherfucker. What an amazing career he's had...

binnie
06-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Sweet bill.

I don't know about best album of 2011 so far, but the new Foos is a great, great release. The warmth is incredible.

Easily their best since 'The Color and the Shape'.

SunisinuS
06-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Fuckin nice how they finish Rope. It will be so nice to have another rock band hit this road this summer.