PDA

View Full Version : The Van Hagar Reunion..Is it Dave's Fault???

powerage
01-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Dave could have been humble tried to mend fences...forget about personal issues..at this stage in his career dave needs a vh reunion more than anyone!!

Sarge
01-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Dave doesn't need shit!
I would like a reunion but I am totally happy with Dave staying solo.

Dave is a Rockstar...he is not a humble person.
HE doesn't need to blow someone to get back with Ed...

People always think that DLR is hard to work with.. but Ed is just as bad!
It ain't all Dave's fault!
There is situations here and dynamics that we don't understand and probably never will..
It's easy to point a finger from the outside looking in..
Which is all we are as fans..
Just looking in

Gmoney
01-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm sure there is fault to go all the way around, but Eddie Van Heineken is a complete egomaniac!!!

He's gone through 3 lead singers, no record label, no new music in 5+ years, so I would think Eddie is the tough one to work with.

All he does is talk shit about how much music he has written, well, let's hear it or shut the fuck up!!

powerage
01-12-2004, 02:17 PM
hey Dave was and always will be van halen....but unfortunately edward van heineken controls the reins!!!

Catfish
01-12-2004, 02:35 PM
What Van Hagar reunion?

Catfish
01-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Dave doesn't need shit!
I would like a reunion but I am totally happy with Dave staying solo.

Dave is a Rockstar...he is not a humble person.
HE doesn't need to blow someone to get back with Ed...

People always think that DLR is hard to work with.. but Ed is just as bad!
It ain't all Dave's fault!
There is situations here and dynamics that we don't understand and probably never will..
It's easy to point a finger from the outside looking in..
Which is all we are as fans..
Just looking in

:killer:

Calderone
01-12-2004, 02:49 PM
DAVE NEEDS TO RELEASE A NEW ROCK ALBUM EVERY 1 YEAR

BrownSound1
01-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sammycalderone
DAVE NEEDS TO RELEASE A NEW ROCK ALBUM EVERY 1 YEAR

I do agree he needs to do what made him famous in the first place. DLR Band was a return to form for him, but unfortunately the Diamond Dave album was not. If he had released another DLR Band type album I do believe it would have fared better than his latest release. However, you gotta give Dave props for doing whatever the hell he wants to...not many artists do that in this day and time.

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Dave is a Rockstar...

sorry sarge, but dave is not a rockstar...he's a legend...

Igosplut
01-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by powerage
hey Dave was and always will be van halen....but unfortunately edward van heineken controls the reins!!!

Ed only holds his end, And not that steadily given the last seven years...

Did you ever consider the fact that it might be Ed that needs to mend fences for all the back-handed shit thats gone on??

The more I read the accounts of everybodys sides from 78 till now the more it becomes apparent that theres alot of blame that lands squarely on the shoulders of the VH brothers...

Not that their shoulders are wide enough for anything to catch on......

Anybody ever notice that they except not ONE Iota of blame for ANYTHING????????????? right down the line, from Dave to sammy to gary.

It wasnt their fault...Just ask 'em....

A common thing is to blame Dave for any missed opportunitys as far as working with the VH bros in any capacity...Oh, his ego gets in the way, Blah blah......

Did ya ever think that just MAYBE it was the fact that these two turds are too disfuctional to work with ANYBODY??

We're hittin six years here... And not a wimper.........
I'm sure that its just a matter of wolfies ballls to drop.

Then you'll hear something.. Because then he can keep it "in house" (anybody else see this coming on???)... Not that anybodys gonna give a shit about that arangement..

And as far as this reunion bullshit goes...... There hasnt been ONE credible rumor other than the fact of two phone calls... Not FUCKIN one.....So give it a break..... Its not that interesting anyway..

Hecubus
01-12-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm thinking Alex has a lot of influence on little brother as well. There's probably a reason why DLR only refers to him as 'the drummer'.
Big brothers are naturally protective of their little bro's so in 2000 (or whenever the last attempt was) AVH was probably strutting around 5150 with his chest puffed out & watching Dave's every move & after he left the property they'd be talking...
EVH: Whaddya think? He didn't do as bad as last time...
AVH: I don't know...it's Dave. He'll never change. Remember last time?

And so on...

Whatever way it went down, it's a cryin' fucking shame any way you look at it.

diamondD
01-12-2004, 09:31 PM
If I had to guess, I would think it's more of a problem between Al and Dave than anything.

They DID try. Sucks it didn't work out.

Steve Savicki
01-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Sarge Dave doesn't need shit!
All Dave needs is someone who can play the music... after that, he can go on any show and perform solo or Classic VH.
As Sammy said in our new week entertainment guide when they toured together,

"You can duplicate musicians, but NOT singers. If someone tries to get up on stage and sing like me, he's going to look like the biggest idiot on the planet!"

In Dave's case, Ralph Saenz may be an exception to the rule.

azcrdnal
01-13-2004, 07:13 PM
i disagree sarge dave needs vanhalen but we don't need to worry dave is back

EAST COAST
01-14-2004, 10:19 AM
THE PROBLEM WITH ED AND DAVE, (AS I SEE IT), EDDIE HATES THE FACT THAT DAVE QUIT IN 85 AND HAD 3 ALBUMS IN A ROW THAT ALL WENT TOP 10 AND HAD SINGLES THAT WENT TOP TEN. CRAZY, EAT EM AND SMILE ,SKYCRAPER WERE HUGE RECORDS AND SOLD GREAT. HIS TOURS WERE HUGE IN THE U.S. AND ABROAD. ED DOESNT TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT ANYTHING, HE CANT KEEP A LEAD SINGER A RECORD LABEL A BASS PLAYER, OR (NOTHING PERSONAL) A WIFE. AND IT IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT.. NOT TO MENTION HE IS A FULL BLOWN ALCAHOLIC. DAVE AINT EASY TO WORK WITH, FOR SURE EITHER BUT TOGETHER THEY ARE UNSTOPABLE, ED KNOWS IT. EDDIE CAN CONTROL FAT BOY BUT NOT DAVE.. IT MUST KILL ED TO KNOW THE VAST MAJORITY WANTS DAVE BACK

choppizz
01-14-2004, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't piss on a Van Hagar reunion. Dave is hard to work with - absolutely. Eddie is a prick - absolutely. They could put their differences aside and tour - but they won't. Hell - even Sammy couldn't wait to get off the road with Dave. It's gotta be a lot worse than we imagine. Here's an undeniable fact - it was Diamond Dave's outgoing personality and stage presence that made VH a hit with everyone. Before that - mostly the guitar worshippers made up the listening base. We all know that the general public could give a shit about Eddie's "lickity split" guitar playing.
I say give credit where it is due - Diamond Dave made VH successful. Period.Not one non-DLR Van Halen song has had even a drop of charisma. Van Hagar was an afterthought and always will be!! Pure shit!

Catfish
01-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Everybody can stop worrying. I had a dream last night that Dave was back in Van Halen. This kind of thing doesn't happen to me often so we can expect this to happen shortly.