PDA

View Full Version : 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dies

Diamondjimi
06-20-2011, 01:19 PM
'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dies in fiery car crash near Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA - "Jackass" cast member Ryan Dunn died early Monday of injuries sustained in a fiery car crash, and speed may have been a factor, police said.

Dunn and a passenger in his 2007 Porsche died after the car left the roadway and burst into flames, West Goshen Township police said. The crash occurred near the Philadelphia suburb of West Chester.

The 34-year-old Dunn appeared on MTV shows "Jackass" and "Viva La Bam" and the three "Jackass" big-screen adaptations. He also was the star of his own MTV show, "Homewrecker," and hosted "Proving Ground" on the G4 cable network.

According to a biography posted on his website, Dunn was born in Ohio and moved at age 15 to Pennsylvania, where he met Bam Margera on his first day of high school.

Dunn, Margera, Christopher Raab (known as Raab Himself) and Brandon DiCamillo, under the moniker CKY for "Camp Kill Yourself," started making videos that featured them skateboarding and performing stunts.

Dunn was working as a welder and at a gas station when Johnny Knoxville, a friend of Margera's through the skateboarding circuit, asked the crew to allow their videos to be part of the series "Jackass," which became a hit on MTV and ran from 2000 to 2002.

A phone message left for Dunn's manager wasn't immediately returned.

The passenger who died in the crash had not yet been identified, police said."

R.I.P.
http://www.mtv.com/movies/photos/j/jackass2_premiere_092106/i.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
the pics of the car are insane....:(

Diamondjimi
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Diamondjimi
06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow. Livin fast and dying young....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/5853007322_9641e69332_o.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Not surprised in the least, unfortunately....

Diamondjimi
06-20-2011, 01:52 PM
“Jackass” Star Ryan Dunn Posted Photo to Tumblr Hours Before Death
Hours before the crash, Dunn posted a photo to Twitter, by way of his Tumblr blog, that depicted him drinking with friends.

http://7.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dunn-drinking.jpg

Link (http://mashable.com/2011/06/20/ryan-dunn-crash/)

sadaist
06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Think Bam & Johnny are upset they didn't get it on tape for Jackass 4?

VAiN
06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Not a shocker by any means... at least he was loaded. Probably didn't know what was happening anyway..

Mr Walker
06-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Wow... drinking and driving is so cool!

Scumbag!!!

:monekyl: Ryan Dunn

Diamondjimi
06-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Apparently he was identified by his tattoo's...

And yeah, drinking and driving.... ffs! It's not like he didn't have the money for a cab or limo....

Seshmeister
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
At least he didn't hit anyone else.

You don't expect your car to blow up in a crash these days, pretty poor effort from Porche.

Seshmeister
06-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Too soon to say looking at the tracks my guess would be he was driving at insane speed. Guys always drive faster with an audience although he really should have known better at 34...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/20/article-2005872-0CA7150B00000578-321_634x517.jpg

sadaist
06-20-2011, 03:48 PM
You don't expect your car to blow up in a crash these days, pretty poor effort from Porche.

May or may not be a fair assessment. Looking at the wreckage, dude was traveling at a very high rate of speed. A cars safety mechanisms can only go so far.

Dave's Bitch
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
oh no,not ryan dunn from jackss

Seshmeister
06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
May or may not be a fair assessment. Looking at the wreckage, dude was traveling at a very high rate of speed. A cars safety mechanisms can only go so far.

Probably dead already anyway.

Hitting a tree is really bad news, you are much much better off colliding with another car. With a tree it goes nowhere so you get the full energy.

binnie
06-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, it's sad when a young guy passes. But it seems like he may have been a douche.

sadaist
06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Probably dead already anyway.

Hitting a tree is really bad news, you are much much better off colliding with another car. With a tree it goes nowhere so you get the full energy.

Yeah. I have always heard that when stopped on the side of the freeway, you should leave your car in neutral when you are sitting in it. That way if you get hit you get pushed forward easily instead of taking all of the impact. May be an old wives tale, but makes me feel a little better thinking I can do something.

As for this guy being a douche, I kinda agree. He made his living doing shit we did with our friends at age 14 when we stole a couple beers from our uncle and got buzzed from only 1/2 can. But as little sympathy I feel for this guy driving drunk & killing himself, somewhere today a mom is making funeral plans for her son. And that is always a heart breaker. So my deepest condolences to her.

binnie
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
If you have to stop at the side of the freeway, get out of the car. Simple as that.

It doesn't matter if it's pissing down rain. Get out of the damn car.

Seshmeister
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
As long as you can do so safely.

And don't sit for 5 minutes like a fucking idiot as I did a couple of months ago, waiting for a gap in the 80 mph traffic before realising it's a fuck of a lot safer to crawl across and get out the passenger side.

binnie
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM
As long as you can do so safely.

And don't sit for 5 minutes like a fucking idiot as I did a couple of months ago, waiting for a gap in the 80 mph traffic before realising it's a fuck of a lot safer to crawl across and get out the passenger side.

Don't feel to bad about that. My dad's a car mechanic whose been doing breakdowns and recoveries for over 25 years. You would believe some of the epic stupidity he has encountered on motorways.

Seshmeister
06-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Well to be fair to me I was pretty drunk.

Joke. :)

sadaist
06-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I don't drive in the fast lane for that specific reason. If something happens, I'm getting off to the shoulder and not the center space. But yeah, I do get out of the car whenever I can. But sometimes the cop writing the ticket doesn't like that. ;)

lesfunk
06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
You know, I kind of expected that one from that crew would check out early. I always thought it would be SteveO or Pontius. I still feel bad because even though Ryan Dunn may have very well been a douche, I had a lot of laughs and got a lot of amusement from him acting douchey.

ashstralia
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
haha! someone at ogrish posted 'he died as he lived... with bits of car up his arse' classic.:)

Seshmeister
06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't drive in the fast lane for that specific reason. If something happens, I'm getting off to the shoulder and not the center space.

Our drivers seat is of course on the right/correct side.

fryingdutchman
06-21-2011, 06:19 AM
At least he didn't hit anyone else.

This happened in my neck of the woods....

I don't blame Porsche...I blame Dunn who police say was traveling in excess of 100 mph at the time of impact.

Most things blow up when they decelerate from 100 to zero in a split second.

fryingdutchman
06-21-2011, 06:44 AM
http://7.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dunn-drinking.jpg

[URL="http://mashable.com/2011/06/20/ryan-dunn-crash/"]

The second victim is 30 year old Zach Hartwell, the guy on the right in the above picture.

ashstralia
06-21-2011, 07:04 AM
it was probably clarkson.

Coyote
06-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I kind of expected Steve-O to go...

clarathecarrot
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I think these guys were over in Norway or something there was this good looking kid long blonde hair abbs and shit, reminded me of one of my old buds from back in the day.

He is running this 4wheeler up and down a asphault street no shirt then showing 2 layers of skin missing and the embedded tar that tattoos you permenently, a real tattoo, purposefully falling off the back over the front wrecking it to create road rash and laugh about it with his friends while they film it.

Nice kid, who seems to be doing this for money kinda looked like this dude, Ryann Dunn.

I think these jackass dudes are the biggest kind of pussyies, when I think of my hard earned wrecks and scars and I once road rashed 70% of my body at 95mph on a motorcycle at 17 years old, but to purposefully do this shit film it and the people who find it interesting baffles me ?

Like 17 year ol kids with a full sleeve of tats and they have never been out of thier city..?

When you have the pain inside your memories and you see this stuff it makes you sick to your stomach .If it doesn't you are simply revelling in others agony. I can't even watch Americas Funniest Home Vids..I shake and shudder at this shit.

These guys with Jackass are singley this biggest pussys I have ever seen.

There is nothing funny about hurting yourself for attention or profit. Injury can be a "by-product" of life and the persuit of excitement..life style,, not the -REASON- to live life, on the edge. Or what some would call risky behavior. Skiing, Parasailing, Driving to work daily.

Nobody wants to watch a woman cut her arms with a razor for attention do they...I see no difference and I have taken a girl to the hospital for that several times back in the 70's.

There is a difference to me these profit seeking PUNKS!

I also want to add I am sorry to hear of the death of this dude and hope his family can deal with it and find some peace..RIP.

rocking ron
06-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Shitty news, he was a funny dude!!!
R.I.P. Ryan

sadaist
06-21-2011, 07:44 PM
News reporting today that the car was going 130 MPH. Yeah, I'd say that qualifies him as being a jackass.

Seshmeister
06-21-2011, 07:52 PM
And guilty of manslaughter since he had a passenger.

Although getting into a Porche with a drunk professional jackass maybe wasn't such a good idea...

twonabomber
06-21-2011, 07:57 PM
wonder if there was a camera in the car...

"i'm Ryan Dunn and this is Drunken Car Crash"

Seshmeister
06-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I guess many of us have done stupid shit in cars at one point when we were young, I remember doing over 125mph on a very quiet road.

With luck you live long enough to one day have to do an emergency stop at 80 and realise just how long that takes.

I think what makes this so dumb is his age and the booze.

twonabomber
06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
i've done 140 on a not-so-quiet road...now it's like "meh." i know what it'll do, i don't so much have to do it any more. hell i don't even drive it that much.

living in the sticks, there were nights when the moon was so bright one could travel down the road at midnight with their lights off.

rocking ron
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I think that most of us did ( or do ) stupid things with driving cars , I mean, how fast, or just in a hurry , with (girl)friends... and on and on.

But once or ever you realize (......or not!!!! ) the risks and danger , I mean, not your own life but that of other people too!!

So I don't care ( a little ) drink and drive ......till' something shitty happens, and at this point I pray it's the 'guilty' one who is the victum and not somebody else who's on the wrong place at the wrong time!!!!!

"She's my Machine"