PDA

View Full Version : Leslie West recovering after lower right leg amputated

Diamondjimi
06-21-2011, 02:34 AM
BILOXI, Miss. - Leslie West, guitarist for the rock group "Mountain," is recovering in Mississippi after his lower right leg was amputated.

Manager Bob Ringe says West's leg began swelling Friday after a plane trip from New Jersey to Biloxi, where the group was to play Friday night. He says the 65-year-old musician went to Biloxi Regional Medical Center, and the operation was done Monday morning.

Ringe and publicist Steve Karas said the leg problem was related to West's diabetes. Neither knew further details.

Ringe said West's right leg was amputated below the knee. Karas says West has family with him in Biloxi. He wouldn't give details.

Mountain was among the groups that played at Woodstock. Early hits included "Mississippi Queen," ''Never In My Life," ''Theme From An Imaginary Western" and Nantucket Sleighride.

Get well soon, big guy....

lesfunk
06-21-2011, 09:50 PM
All the best To Leslie. My grandfather had his leg amputated due to Diabetes. It sucks. Hope he recovers well

Mr Walker
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
He's on the phone from the hospital with Stern right now. Wife had to make the decision for him while he was in a medically induced coma. He sounds kinda bummed but he's trying to be positive. Made a joke that he might get one of those flex foot prosthetic legs so he can start running... LOL! Howard told him he should have taken the amputated leg and made a guitar out of it.

jhale667
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
That sucks...didn't he just drop a bunch of weight in an attempt to get healthier, and that STILL happens to him? Crap.

BruinJer
06-22-2011, 05:50 PM
within the last 2 years, I have had 2 friends die of complications (from diabetes), one had both legs hacked... so I can imagine what an awful situation he must be in. Leslie West (I hear) is a good guy and was a regular on the Howard Stern show (back in the day).... Hoping for a speedy recovery.