PDA

View Full Version : a piss poor decision

PETE'S BROTHER
06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110620/ap_on_re_us/us_urine_in_reservoir;_ylt=AqEDP9G7bi4_.ZH8pMchFDY XIr0F;_ylu=X3oDMTM3Yzg3NGZtBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNjI wL3VzX3VyaW5lX2luX3Jlc2Vydm9pcgRjY29kZQNvZmZnYjUwa wRjcG9zAzgEcG9zAzgEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawN tYW51cmluYXRlc2k-

PORTLAND, Ore. – Call it the big flush.
Because a 21-year-old man was caught on a security camera urinating into a city reservoir, Oregon's biggest city is sending 8 million gallons of treated drinking water down the drain.
Portland officials defended the decision Monday, saying they didn't want to send city residents water laced, however infinitesimally, with urine.
Public health officials say, however, that urine is sterile in healthy people and that the urine in the reservoir was so diluted — perhaps a half pint in millions of gallons — that it posed little risk.
Some people in the city, in the suburbs and around the world called the flush an overreaction, especially since animals such as ducks contribute waste routinely and, sometimes, die in the water.
"More than 1 billion people worldwide do not have reliable access to clean drinking water, and here we are tossing away nearly 8 million gallons of water just to appease the ignorant residents who believe their tap water will otherwise turn yellow," read one comment posted on The Oregonian's Website.

:monekyl:what a waste:monekyr:

clarathecarrot
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
My city is less than 6 sq miles and we have 14 police cars 4 motorcycles and 35 cops on the payroll and a 7 million $ police station and my drinking water tastes like some medicine in my mouth.

I find it disturbing that we are taxed so harshly, they spend the budget on the gayest paint jobs for these cop cars absolutely silly grafics done at a angle by some art school regect.

And our water is laced with fecal matter to the point where we ingest over 5 pounds per year of our nieghbors ass. < anuall per year consumption from the EPA of recycled waste water in cities.

I don't believe my issue is so much with cops but the wastfullness of local governments/ city council attention whores. and thier profit spending oriented style of protecting and improving our city .

clarathecarrot
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
I can guarantee you PB, that there was more profit in sending water down stream that not .

sadaist
06-21-2011, 01:25 PM
1 guy pisses in 8 million gallons and they dump the water? Insane. The average swimming pool is 20,000 gallons and you have kids pissing in that non-stop. Think of all the CA central valley farmers that are dying for water for their crops. Just insanity. And how did the residents up there even find out about the security footage? Who's bright idea was it to let that out?

sadaist
06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I bet I know what this is. Whoever has the plum job of leading the water district gets paid huge salary. And someone else is making a move for their position. Get a guy to pee in the water, let the tape leak out, sit back and watch the over-reaction...even feed it. Then wait for said person in charge to be fired or resign so you can move in & take the spot.

clarathecarrot
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't know how, but -5 Bucks- sais, it is... if possible even more twisted that that.

and .. we are once agian honored with the ability of the Penis to make headlines.

I just wish the guys ( accused pisser) last name was something like?? ...uhh ??...ummm???..what would be the longest shot name??...hmmm.....How about Wiener...no,.... the odds are just to great never in a million years would a guy named Wiener get in trouble with his cock, could you imagine the headlines, the local news, national news, debates...never in this world.:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
his name was john :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
or nate, last name uri :baaa:

Dan
06-21-2011, 02:46 PM
How Dare They.:D

chefcraig
06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
God forbid if these nitwits knew what exactly went into those hot dogs and sausages they gobble down every day. By the logic applied here, not only would the factories manufacturing them be closed, they'd be blown up with dynamite. Of course this would pollute the air, so Oregon residents would then be advised not to breathe for a week or so.