PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul & Barney Frank say "LEGALIZE IT" !

FORD
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM
.....no, not Barney's marriage......

Barney Frank and Ron Paul will Introduce Legislation on Thursday to Fully Legalize Marijuana

Mike Riggs | June 22, 2011

Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) will introduce "bi-partisan legislation tomorrow ending the federal war on marijuana and letting states legalize, regulate, tax, and control marijuana without federal interference," according to a press release from the Marijuana Policy Project that just hit my inbox. More from that email:

Other co-sponsors include Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN), Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA). The legislation would limit the federal government’s role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or inter-state smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal. The legislation is the first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition.

Rep. Frank’s legislation would end state/federal conflicts over marijuana policy, reprioritize federal resources, and provide more room for states to do what is best for their own citizens.

I called Morgan Fox at MPP to ask about the chances that this bill will get any serious debate time in the House (a fair question, considering that it has only one Republican supporter at the moment). "It's definitely going to get a serious debate, probably more in the media than on the floor of the House," Fox told me. "But I think it needs to be debated on the floor."

What does MPP see as obstacles?

"Someone in the prohibitionist camp could hold it up as long as they wanted, but the slew of opinion pieces that came out last week calling for the end of the failed drug war will give this momentum," Fox said.

While Paul's status as a declared presidential candidate should help with media pick-up, Frank is leading the press teleconference tomorrow, and Paul's not even on the call.

Previous Frank-Paul partnerships include a 2010 op-ed to reduce military spending and a marijuana decriminalization bill introduced in the House in 2009. In the intervening two years, Arizona and Washington, D.C., have legalized medical marijuana, and the Connecticut legislature has moved to decriminalize it. Now former U.S. Attorney John McKay and Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes are organizing to completely legalize marijuana in Washington State. The time is ripe.

Link (http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/22/barney-frank-and-ron-paul-will)

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq299/Hur1cain/bong.gif

FORD
06-22-2011, 10:48 PM
There you go, teabaggers. Instant "budget cuts", saving billions wasted on the idiotic so called "war on drugs", not to mention a potential new source of tax revenue, since pot growers will actually be able to fill out a tax form without being arrested.

This is the type of bipartisanship that everyone should support. Kudos to Ron & Barney!

Unchainme
06-22-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ow3i2iqjW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujiqrl32UI4&feature=related

BTW, I wish Jello would get out more. He owns.

kwame k
06-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Amazing news.........it's time to let The States govern themselves and not hide under the guise of Medical Mary Jane any more!

Legalize it, tax it and be done with it!

bueno bob
06-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Well, Ron Paul's a bit of a douchebag...well, a REAL douchebag to be honest...but I'll give him kudos on this.

FORD
06-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, Ron Paul's a bit of a douchebag...well, a REAL douchebag to be honest...but I'll give him kudos on this.

He's also correct when it comes to the "Federal Reserve" and ending imperialist PNAC wars. But sadly, that's about all.

sadaist
06-23-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm a conservative Republican and am all for legalizing marijuana. Plus letting out all the poor saps in prison that are doing time for pot busts. Just silly. I have only gotten high a handful of times in my life and it just made me sleep. Last time was Chargers vs Miami in the AFC divisional playoffs 1995. Joint passed around while we were tailgating. But many of my friends smoked constantly. From the second they woke up to the second they went to sleep. These were not criminals, bad dudes, violent people, or law breakers. Just guys that liked to smoke dope on their time off work.

Legalize the shit already. Stop telling people what to do in their own homes. Fucking ridiculous.

*oh, and let us call it a 'bong' instead of water pipe without threat of being kicked out of a smoke shop. Asinine.

Nitro Express
06-23-2011, 12:36 AM
The problem with the federal government is it has gotten too big and too powerful. When you have a country as large and diversified as the United States it really is better to let the states govern themselves on most issues. Now the feds are into everything and they want even more power. Drugs should be a state issue. The puritans will want to keep them illegal and the more liberal people will want them legal. I say let the local governments decide. This business of trying to force us all to be the same by shoving big brother up our ass just doesn't work.

Of course interstate commerce becomes a federal issue under the US Constitution so the feds can regulate drugs as they are transferred state to state but they should have no say on what's legal within that state as far a drugs or food are concerned. If you want to drink raw milk produced locally or smoke a joint from weed grown in your home state the feds should have no say in the matter. Instead you have FDA swat teams busting into your dairy and DEA agents coming after you. Organic farmers and even the amish are being raided by the feds these days. In Stockton, CA a home was raided by a federal swat team and the children were taken into custody because the mother defaulted on a student loan. Unbelievable.

We have these endless federal agencies and now they all seem to have their own armed thugs that do raids.

Hardrock69
06-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Case in point: Prohibition In The 20s-30s

THIS IS FUCKING GRATE!!!!

Hardrock69
06-23-2011, 01:14 AM
HA! Gotta love the LA Times Headline:

Ron Paul, Barney Frank To Jointly Introduce A Bill To End Federal War On Marijuana

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/ron-paul-barney-frank-to-jointly-introduce-a-bill-to-end-federal-war-on-marijuana.html

Hardrock69
06-23-2011, 01:27 AM
OK EVERYONE! NOW IS THE TIME TO PRESSURE YOUR CONGRESSMAN TO VOTE IN FAVOR OF THIS LEGISLATION!

If you never did it before, NOW IS THE TIME

Nitro Express
06-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Oh boy. The government is $14 trillion in the hole ($80 trillion if you add in social security, pensions, ect...) and the US Dollar is on the verge of collapse but we will be able to smoke pot legally.:umm:

BigBadBrian
06-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Kudos to Ron & Barney!

If you had kids, you wouldn't be saying that. Thank God you've never spawned, though. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
06-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Amazing news.........it's time to let The States govern themselves

Do you feel the same way about Obamacare or is this one of your hypocritical moments?

kwame k
06-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Do you feel the same way about Obamacare or is this one of your hypocritical moments?

Where have I ever said I supported that bullshit bill..........the only thing I ever said is we need affordable healthcare, Forrest.

Then again, comprehension was never your strong suit!

SunisinuS
06-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Sorry. Wrong Thread Brian. You hate. You secrectly Blaze with Arnold. Your problem is not ours BBB. Does that stand for your...never mind. BBB, anyone that has to brag about themselves seems to be secrectly. Well, you just go on hating....the rest of us will raise a bong in your name...up that same wifes...oh...said I wouldn't say it. *wink to your **** BBB.

FORD
06-26-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-8bxS37TWw