PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally going to do it.

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 10:32 PM
I've been threatening to get a VH tattoo for years. yes, yes, I said I'd never get a tattoo and yell at girls who get them all the time, but after years of thought I decided that my devotion to DLR & Co. will never fade. I also met a tattoo artist who would be thrilled to design a tiny "flying VH". Believe it or not, this guy tattooed my puppies. Yep, no kidding. I figure if he can put permanent marks on tiny little baby dogs without them screaming, he wouldn't hurt me too much either.

Now comes the BIG decision - where to put it! I'm not crazy about the world seeing it, but then, what the hell am I getting it for. So I decided to put a poll together and let y'all have a little fun with it. Oh yes, what a target I'm making myself for your amusement! Let the sniping begin.

Seshmeister
06-26-2011, 10:41 PM
It must be a mid life crisis thing but I had the same conversation with the SM tonight although she was wanting something else as a first tattoo.

I'll give you the same advice I gave her. At this point in life you need to find somewhere that isn't going to wrinkle soon if such a place exists. :)

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I had my midlife crisis years ago. When I first came to DDLR in fact.

Yes, the wrinkle factor is huge. But after working with old folks for almost a year now, I can tell you that any skin which never sees the sun is damned near perfect as long as the person isn't a diabetic or has lost a lot of weight after being obese. It's really amazing when you actually see what the sun does to skin.

Seshmeister
06-26-2011, 10:57 PM
The sun is not a problem here recently.

I have to admit I'm a bit old fashioned and prissy about tattoos on girls. I dated a girl for a while once who had a few on her breast and ass and it did kind of make me put her in a certain category if I'm honest of not one for grannies 80th birthday party.

I realise that's not what we're talking about here of course.

Feet and ankles seem to be the fashion these days for girls are they not?

Seshmeister
06-26-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd avoid any thigh/butt areas in case it looks like v for 'vagina this way' to the uninitiated.

Nitro Express
06-26-2011, 11:04 PM
I was in a store and this one chick had Mother Mary tattooed above her ass. It got me to thinking about fucking her doggy style and feeling guilty that Jesus's mom is staring at you and then those tramp stamps always make you want to pull out and blast them with your cum. More guilt if you do that to Mother Mary.

I don't know if corporate America has changed since I left it ten years ago but American Express hired a new guy and some corporate brass came through and saw his tats and wanted him fired. The manager convinced the brass the guy would be hard to replace and was a good employee so he had to wear long sleeved shirts to cover them.

If you work in the white collared world you might want to put that tat where it isn't seen unless your shirt is off.

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I'd avoid any thigh/butt areas in case it looks like v for 'vagina this way' to the uninitiated.

LMAO! But if anybody saw it, these days it's likely I'd be thankful for the roadsign.

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I was in a store and this one chick had Mother Mary tattooed above her ass. It got me to thinking about fucking her doggy style and feeling guilty that Jesus's mom is staring at you and then those tramp stamps always make you want to pull out and blast them with your cum. More guilt if you do that to Mother Mary.

That girl has some real issues. God does not mean for good girls to have tattoos. She's going straight to hell.

Seshmeister
06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
At least pictures of Mary rarely depict her as the 14 year old she would have been but that's a whole new thread.

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 11:14 PM
At the risk of turning this into a religion thread for Sesh, I wonder if Mary would have had tattoos?

Nitro Express
06-26-2011, 11:15 PM
At least pictures of Mary rarely depict her as the 14 year old she would have been but that's a whole new thread.

It was good tat work. Nice crisp lines and nice shading. It was your typical latin catholic Mary picture gracefully guarding the holly of hollies below. The girl did have a nice ass in some short Daisy Dukes. That's what got me staring in the first place and then she bent over to get some pickle relish on the bottom shelf. Owwwww!

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Is that like "Houses of the Holly"?

(Not the spelling police really, you just set me up so good!)

Seshmeister
06-26-2011, 11:28 PM
It was good tat work. Nice crisp lines and nice shading. It was your typical latin catholic Mary picture gracefully guarding the holly of hollies below. The girl did have a nice ass in some short Daisy Dukes. That's what got me staring in the first place and then she bent over to get some pickle relish on the bottom shelf. Owwwww!

Sounds like that dumb kid thing of getting a tattoo which they think their parents won't hate so much just so they can get one.

Like the 'I love my mum' type ones.

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't know if corporate America has changed since I left it ten years ago but American Express hired a new guy and some corporate brass came through and saw his tats and wanted him fired. The manager convinced the brass the guy would be hard to replace and was a good employee so he had to wear long sleeved shirts to cover them.

If you work in the white collared world you might want to put that tat where it isn't seen unless your shirt is off.

Corporate America is even MORE like that. The service I work for now has a "no visible tattoos" policy, and makes you cover them with bandaids if they're on an ankle or something. However, I know girls who would look like mummies if they followed that policy and I don't think the company can do a damned thing to them as they were hired before the policy was set. They'd have a hell of a lawsuit, since ink is VERY hard to remove.

We have a prominent member here who tried to get his VH tats removed for the work world, found it more painful than GETTING the tat in the first place, and ended up opting for the long sleeve solution.

lesfunk
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
"slippery when wet" on the inner thigh, or a "do not enter" street sign on yer butt.

Sensible Shoes
06-26-2011, 11:58 PM
That's just silly for an old lady.

lesfunk
06-27-2011, 12:07 AM
So I guess "Property of Satan's Slaves M/C" is out of the question?

Sensible Shoes
06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Well that's different

Sensible Shoes
06-27-2011, 12:43 AM
I was looking for a logo tat on Google when I stumbled on these.

Dan
06-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Shoulder,But It's Going To Hurt Like Hell.:biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
06-27-2011, 12:46 AM
and this - I like the logo in t his one.

Dan
06-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Dont Like That One.:barf:

Sensible Shoes
06-27-2011, 12:54 AM
And probably the one I should get, plus the 1984 angel

Dr. Love
06-27-2011, 01:03 AM
I think all girls that get tattoos should get them on the lower back.

LoungeMachine
06-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Nothing screams CLASS like a middle aged woman with a fresh VH tattoo......

:gulp:

sadaist
06-27-2011, 04:29 AM

The best one I saw of the rings VH logo was where the rings went around the persons arm. Looked pretty cool. Was in the beer line at a VH concert of course.

Seshmeister
06-27-2011, 06:02 AM

A good idea would be to get the guy to tattoo these on a couple of puppies so you can see if you're going to like it.

Surely the rings version is associated with Van Hagar rather than Van Halen which is why they changed it back?

sadaist
06-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Surely the rings version is associated with Van Hagar rather than Van Halen which is why they changed it back?

Yes. The rings itself isn't a bad looking logo. It's just that it's associated to the Hagar years. Wings not rings!

Sensible Shoes
06-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Ah I didn't know that.

Lounge & Binnie - Bite me.

Seshmeister
06-27-2011, 07:49 AM
I think all girls that get tattoos should get them on the lower back.

Maybe just a list of instructions?

Full Bug
06-27-2011, 07:53 AM

I'm surprised you are getting the Van Hagar logo rings....But if thats the logo you like better then go for it....

sadaist
06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm surprised you are getting the Van Hagar logo rings....But if thats the logo you like better then go for it....

100% agree. It doesn't matter which style of VH logo you like. We all know which singer you like. And most importantly, the tattoo is to make you happy...not whoever the viewer might be. If you get one to please other eyes, you will end up being unhappy with it.

Jagermeister
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
K.I.S.S.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/VanHalenVanHalenII.jpg

Sensible Shoes
06-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Got it about the rings. Like I said, I never knew that. All I know is the wings are all I have on any of my VH clothing.

VAiN
06-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I kick the idea around from time to time of getting a VH logo.. I just can never figure out where. I'm a fan of the inner arm tat.. like from the wrist to where the arm bends.

clarathecarrot
06-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I like the idea of the hip, left or right depending on how much "sass" you want to imply as you display it to friends and just general hottness involved in flashing a hip tattoo, above the beltline and no bigger than a postage stamp...best find a tattoo artist who didn't get his training in detention drawing doodles in the margins of his highschool notebook paper spiral with a bic pen.

They will want to outline it in india ink because they cannot concieve of free space in drawing anything .

Find a real tattoist who can create from the center out not a paint by numbers doodler,... that seem to dominate the industry.

Above the beltline PLEASE.. because it just isn't lady-like to show a hip tattoo that involves pulling your pants down.

P.S. I wouldn't personally get a tattoo of anything that is copywrited by someone else .unless I was being paid by the owner to display thier logo...I am a man not a billboard....unless the money is right.

teehee.

kwame k
06-27-2011, 10:54 PM
P.S. I wouldn't personally get a tattoo of anything that is copywrited by someone else .

Yeah, copywrited shit is bad:biggrin:

clarathecarrot
06-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, copywrited shit is bad:biggrin:

reg us pat off ..lol:biggrin:

Diamondjimi
06-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey, why not go for broke and do what this guy did!? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/buttrockback2.jpg

Julius
06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey, why not go for broke and do what this guy did!? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/buttrockback2.jpg

I'm sure the Winger tat is placed further south right before it becomes north again.

clarathecarrot
06-27-2011, 11:16 PM
If he had a agent he would be retired by now ..lol

I still like that Beaver and Buttmunch episode where Beavis said he wanted a tattoo of a butt on his butt.

Yeah ....Heh, Heh,...butts..

Julius
06-27-2011, 11:21 PM
If he had a agent he would be retired by now ..lol

I still like that Beaver and Buttmunch episode where Beavis said he wanted a tattoo of a butt on his butt.

Yeah ....Heh, Heh,...butts..

FROM IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0854438/)

Butt-head: I'm gonna get a tattoo of a butt!
Beavis: Oh yeah, well I'm gonna get a tattoo of a butt, on my butt!
Butt-head: Oh yeah, well I'm gonna get a tattoo of a butt that has a butt-shaped tattoo on it. And I'm gonna get it right on my butt!
Beavis: Yeah, me too!

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
06-28-2011, 02:30 AM
that looks cool.i have tatoo of a butturfly on my boob.

Dan
06-28-2011, 04:23 AM
And On Your Big Fat Ass.:biggrin:

jero
06-28-2011, 05:52 AM
an albatross

ashstralia
06-28-2011, 06:10 AM
3 under.

VAiN
06-28-2011, 08:11 AM
I was looking for a logo tat on Google when I stumbled on these.

Both of those are terrible, by the way... Shop around, find a well known and recommended artist. Wait for a local tat show if possible. Those are a great way to find quality art.

Diamondjimi
06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
And On Your Big Fat Ass.:biggrin:

How Rude!

Dan
06-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweet As.:D

SunisinuS
06-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Don't.

:banned:

Read a good book instead, walk around and smell the roses, have relations. Go to sleep, and leave yourself as you were the day you were born.

If you don't believe me, copy Dave's Tatoo.

:umm:

Henna?

:fuhagar3:

Now Sammy has a tatto. Dave?

Lol sorry. Put it on your Uvela.

:biggrin2: