PDA

View Full Version : TSA tells Texas that TSA must touch some ass if Texas wants flights out.

Blaze
06-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Hey TSA, don’t mess with Texas.
Friday, May 27, 2011 9:10
Posted in category Public Matters
1 Comment

Texas is taking matters into its own hands when it comes to the Transportation Security Administration’s enhanced pat down procedures – and it wants hands off.

The state’s House passed HB 1937 that would make it a misdemeanor offense for a federal Transportation Security Administration agent to “intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly [touch] the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast” of a person going through airport security, according to this article in The Texas Tribune.

The bill is currently stalled in the Senate after the U.S. Department of Justice sent a letter to legislators on May 3 saying the bill would be in direct conflict with federal law and could lead to a shut down of Texas airports.

The bill’s sponsor, Sen. Dan Patrick, withdrew the legislation from consideration after a visit from TSA officials, which led to several Senators withdrawing their support for the legislation. So for now, Texans will have to endure the same enhanced screening as the rest of us.

Texas governor supports TSA 'anti-groping bill'

SAN ANTONIO—The fight against enhanced passenger-screening measures at airports gained new support in Texas. On June 20, Texas Gov. Rick Perry added to state lawmakers' special session agenda a measure that would criminalize "enhanced pat-downs" by Transportation Security Administration agents at airports in Texas, reported MSNBC.

The bill passed the Texas House, but was then pulled from the Senate floor without a vote after U.S. Attorney John Murphy circulated a letter to senators warning that TSA has the authority to prevent airplanes from taking off from Texas airports if the agency cannot certify that they are safe.

The bill would make it a Class A misdemeanor—punishable by up to a year in prison or a $4,000 fine—for a TSA agent to "touch the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person, even through that person's clothing" for the purpose of "granting access to a building or a form of transportation," according to the news outlet.

The TSA defended its pat down procedures in a response to the governor’s bill. "Americans rely on TSA to put in place effective procedures to resolve security threats, and screen passengers who decline to be screened by technology. Aviation security agencies worldwide have relied on pat downs since long before TSA was created, and we have adjusted our pat-down procedures based on what we have learned from intelligence and the tactics used by our adversaries," according to a statement published in The Statesman.

During special sessions, the Legislature may only consider items that the governor puts on the agenda. It is unknown when a vote will take place.

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/perry-adds-airport-security-bill-to-special-session-1551556.html

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-local-news/texplainer/texplainer-is-tsa-groping-bill-junk-legislation/

That is one rooted job.

Say Ben, what do you do? You don't talk about work much.
Tom, I am an anus checker for the TSA.
That must not be too bad, Ben At least you get hot woman ass every now and again.
Wish that was the case, Tom, we have a quota of 25 ass a day.
Good God, Ben, the numbers really get bad with that kind of number stuffing.
Yea, Tom, yesterday it was a 70 year old man wearing a diaper that really got to me.
Well, gosh Ben that's got to root ya.
Tom, this is true. I think I am getting shafted.
Why is that, Ben?
I spoke up, Tom. And they sent me to retraining.
Well, that should help, right, Ben?
*facepalm* We train on monkeys, Tom.
Oh~
:biggrin:

Nitro Express
06-28-2011, 03:19 AM
The last civil war was fought over tariffs and slavery. The second civil war will be fought over touching some ass. :biggrin:

Seshmeister
06-28-2011, 09:20 AM
'recklessly touch the anus'

:biggrin:

These people are idiots, there is a middle line between grannies diaper and not being able to professionally pat down anyone who say has just set off the detector.

Seshmeister
06-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Because I fly quite a lot I'm usually pretty careful about not having metal on me.

Last time I was stopped was in Belfast which is can be a bit edgy for security. Guy pulled me aside and I thought shit I didn't even set off the alarm what the hell is this?

He leaned over as if to pat me down and said quietly in my ear in a thick Irish brogue "Sir your flies are open. I'll stand in front of you and you can zip them up without any trouble while I pretend to pat you down."

That's probably illegal in Texas too.

Hardrock69
06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
LMAO!

I can't afford to fly at present. Though I am sort of wondering whether or not I will fly again as the airport screening procedures continue to evolve into Gestapo beat-downs, kidnapping, threats of bodily harm, etc.

Seems that in order to prevent "terrism", the TSA themselves are becoming "terrists".

jhale667
06-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah, not looking forward to flying next week...the only TSA agent I want touching me is a hot 20 or 30-something female one, and she should still have to talk dirty to me first. :umm:

Nitro Express
06-28-2011, 02:34 PM
I fly charter. They have a nice little air service here that you can charter a little Cessna Citation jet and if you go with a couple people it's not really that expensive. What's nice is you don't have to mess with the big airports they will fly you into a smaller airport and come and pick you up later. You don't have to mess with all the security shit. These charter airlines are a hot item right now for obvious reasons.

Seshmeister
06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Much higher chance of it crashing though.

Nitro Express
06-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Much higher chance of it crashing though.

Safer than driving our foggy icy roads.

Dr. Love
06-28-2011, 10:51 PM
He leaned over as if to pat me down and said quietly in my ear in a thick Irish brogue "Sir your flies are open. I'll stand in front of you and you can zip them up without any trouble while I pretend to pat you down."

Your flies are open?? What kind of pants do you guys wear over there?

Also, I'm not sure I'd want a thick Irish brogue in my ear. We should add that to the legislation as another thing that is prohibited.

Nickdfresh
06-28-2011, 11:03 PM
LMAO!

I can't afford to fly at present. Though I am sort of wondering whether or not I will fly again as the airport screening procedures continue to evolve into Gestapo beat-downs, kidnapping, threats of bodily harm, etc.

Seems that in order to prevent "terrism", the TSA themselves are becoming "terrists".

Ugh! Take a train, with the fucking indirect flights to about anywhere, you're better off on Amtrack. Really! I paid $46 to take a train from Buffalo to Albany, and then paid $300 each way for flights with stopovers and the train maybe took an hour longer when you factor in the security shit. A snack car filled with booze. Hot college girl eye-candy. A place where you can actually get work done on your laptop. America, do yourself a favor and at least research taking the train for any nearby regional trip. You'll thank me!

jhale667
06-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Ugh! Take a train, with the fucking indirect flights to about anywhere, you're better off on Amtrack. Really! I paid $46 to take a train from Buffalo to Albany, and then paid $300 each way for flights with stopovers and the train maybe took an hour longer when you factor in the security shit. A snack car filled with booze. Hot college girl eye-candy. A place where you can actually get work done on your laptop. America, do yourself a favor and at least research taking the train for any nearby regional trip. You'll thank me!

Still time-prohibitive (and roughly the same price) cross-country, though. How long was the NY to LA trip going to take on the high-speed rail thing that's not going to happen..? :umm:

Airfare prices are fucking crazy right now...my usual vacation flight cost $200 more this year than the last 2, booked around the same time...ouch.

Nitro Express
06-29-2011, 12:40 AM

I watched some show on the history of Buffalo, NY and they said they were going to restore the old grand train terminal there. The big hope was high speed trains eventually. Since the whole airport and flying experience has gone down the shitter I can see trains coming back. I remember riding the Union Pacific when I was a little kid right before they gave up rail service with the sleeping car and dining car thing. It was cool to experience it before that part of history evaporated.

Seshmeister
06-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Although in your day there was always the danger of an Indian attack to worry about. :)

ashstralia
06-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Although in your day there was always the danger of an Indian attack to worry about. :)

ace diamond?!!

i like trains, too. trains are the shit. especially how they have the word 'loco' in them.:)

Blaze
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Because I fly quite a lot I'm usually pretty careful about not having metal on me.

Last time I was stopped was in Belfast which is can be a bit edgy for security. Guy pulled me aside and I thought shit I didn't even set off the alarm what the hell is this?

That's probably illegal in Texas too.
See, many are just nice guys and gals wanting a to have a good day at work. That was really nice of him. Granted, he was not a TSA, but people are generally the same.

You know, recently 12 (more I think) TSA agents were fired from Hawaii's airport for "not screening thoroughly enough" . Even if a profile friend-ed all the TSA's in the nation and boosted their ethics to speak up and/or be more judicious, they really are in a bind. That little motivation in Hawaii really put the damper on the TSA agents trying to make a difference.

Blaze
06-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Trains are awesome!
I even had a better trip on a bus than I do commercial flights. Nitro is right though, charter is not that difficult nor expensive. There are tons of freelance pilots in America that would love to have a good reason to fly and put a buck in the fridge. :baaa: