View Full Version : Magician Walks On Water Across Thames River In London

Hardrock69
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jun/27/magician-dynamo-walks-across-thames

No this is not photoshopped.

http://i54.tinypic.com/v7t6h3.jpg

VAiN
06-28-2011, 09:00 AM
:umm: Hmmm... ok, WFT is he balancing on?

binnie
06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Are we sure it's not photoshopped? He appears to have neither a shadow or a reflection.

VAiN
06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/6/27/1309166703486/Magician-Dynamo-001.jpg

Looks like there are witnesses... Look at the dark patch of water directly below him in the first pic, that's the reflection. I don't care enough to watch when it airs, but I wonder if they show him walk to the edge and actually get out of the water... He's gotta be balancing on something...

chefcraig
06-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Fake. Watch this clip. Notice that he does not make it all the way across, as he is intercepted by the police. Also see that the boat never cuts in front of him. If it had, the propeller would have cut into the platform built just below the water's surface. The police boat also saved the production company the expense of building that platform completely across the river.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-u281UQ8g&feature=related

There is also the incredibly dubious notion that 11 years into the 21st century, a man appears on the planet that can walk on water. Rather than using his "powers" to spread peace and unite the fragmented world, he gets a job on tv as a magician.

Seshmeister
06-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I know that area and I wasn't surprised to see him get stopped.

Since 9-11 you get cops with rifles walking about constantly around there.

He's obviously walking on a platform, the only magic/surprise here is if he had permission in advance and if he didn't it's pretty poor security that they were able to assemble it.

Seshmeister
06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Wasn't a genuine police river boat that picked him up, I guess he must have got permission.

I'm sure it was a perspex walkway attached to the bottom of the raft a foot under water which was weighted/tethered to keep it from tipping out to that distance. The raft isn't usually there and why would he need it otherwise? Being picked up stopped the illusion from being ruined by him having to retrace his steps.

That said the illusion worked well.

sadaist
06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Been done before. Nothing new. ;)

sadaist
06-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Also....had he actually been walking on top of the water, wouldn't he have been moving down river along with the current?

chefcraig
06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Myth Busters already covered this earlier this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbMJChif_ns

Even FOX explained this on that goofy "Magician's Secrets Revealed" (or whatever in hell it was called) show several years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTE3WmMnovY

Jagermeister
06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Amazing!

VAiN
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Also....had he actually been walking on top of the water, wouldn't he have been moving down river along with the current?

If he was actually walking on water, we'd have bigger concerns...

Jesus Christ
06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Been done before. Nothing new. ;)

Verily, My son :jesuslol:

And while I was a carpenter by trade, I did not need to buildeth any platform!

Hardrock69
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, lemme put it this way Jesus, if this guy Dynamo had been around when you were on this planet physically, a new religion called Dynamomism would have sprung up, and you would have suffered the same fate as Brian Of Nazareth! :hee:

Jesus Christ
06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Always look on the bright side of life, My son! :jesuslol:

Nitro Express
06-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Jesus was a reptilian.

sadaist
06-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Jesus was a reptilian.

Back when I had a ski boat, one morning we were teaching a buddy how to single ski in Mission Bay. He kept wiping out on takeoff and couldn't get up. Every turn we would pull the boat back around him to get him the rope and shout down a few tips. I look a few feet behind him and.....

"Holy shit! Look at the size of that jellyfish!!!"

Thing was about the size of a dinner plate. Well, needless to say my buddy got up fast...go go go go motherfuckers! GO!!! If we weren't gonna pull him with the boat he woulda ran across the water...all to get away from a drifting huge ass jellyfish. Looked similar to that lizard in this video.

And that's how my friend Bill learned how to slalom ski. :)

binnie
06-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I took a shit this morning that just wouldn't flush.

Does that make my ass magic?

Nitro Express
06-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Back when I had a ski boat, one morning we were teaching a buddy how to single ski in Mission Bay. He kept wiping out on takeoff and couldn't get up. Every turn we would pull the boat back around him to get him the rope and shout down a few tips. I look a few feet behind him and.....

"Holy shit! Look at the size of that jellyfish!!!"

Thing was about the size of a dinner plate. Well, needless to say my buddy got up fast...go go go go motherfuckers! GO!!! If we weren't gonna pull him with the boat he woulda ran across the water...all to get away from a drifting huge ass jellyfish. Looked similar to that lizard in this video.

And that's how my friend Bill learned how to slalom ski. :)

I remember water skiing in Florida and you wanted to stay in the center of the lake because near the shore was alligators, water moccasins, and snapping turtles. Back home all we had to worry about in the water were drunken fucks on jet skis.

Dan
06-28-2011, 08:30 PM
i took a shit this morning that just wouldn't flush.

Thanks For Sharing That With Us.:D

VanHalener
06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I took a shit this morning that just wouldn't flush.

I believe it does.

Hardrock69
06-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I only have one problem with this. How in the hell is Bozo The Magnificent going to get any kind of permit to build some sort of underwater platform on the Thames? The current there would be strong enough it would take some kind of extensive construction project to keep the platform from being swept away, so any construction like that would surely be noticed by passersby, and I would assume the local constabulary would not be that willing to allow such a thing. That is, unless a large amount of coin of the realm were to say, be donated to the local Masonic Lodge or something...

Blaze
06-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Looks like weighted stilts to me. That would be easy enough to place and construct them so the telescope. Tip'o to him.

Hardrock69
06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Check this out. People running their hands UNDER Chris Angel's feet when he walking on Lake Mead:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Criss-Angel%3A-Mindfreak/94633/1949504331/Walk-on-Lake/videos?skipTo=2246&cmpid=FCST_hero_tv

Seshmeister
06-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I know he can do some really impressive stunts but because Chris Angel uses plants in the audience and camera tricks I quickly lose interest in anything he does.