PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is Up With The Damn Price Of Gas??

Jagermeister
07-08-2011, 09:28 AM
OK. Obama does what he should have done 6 months ago and releases some of the strategic oil reserve and what does gas do?

IT FUCKING GOES UP!
What gives? Pisses me off.:pullinghair:

FORD
07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Glad you asked. As usual, it's the KKKoch Brothers, Pig Oil & Wall $treet felons to blame......

JP Morgan, Koch, Other Oil Traders May Buy Discounted Strategic Petroleum Reserve Oil And Simply Store It

By Lee Fang on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:37 pm

To stem supply disruptions from Libya and to disrupt the grip of nonconsumer oil speculators, the U.S. Department of Energy announced the sale of 30 million barrels of crude as part of the International Energy Agency’s effort to release 60 million barrels into the global oil market. The sale of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, as well as the suggestion from the Obama administration that more sales could be announced in the future, has already lowered the price of crude. As the Baker Institute’s Amy Myers Jaffe has noted, the release sends a “signal that should keep rampant speculation at bay.”

However, as Bloomberg reported last week, “some of the oil being released from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve to bring down prices may be held by traders for later sale rather than sent directly to refiners for processing into gasoline or other fuels.” Some of the purchasers have claimed that they will immediately refine the SPR crude. But many banks and large oil speculators looking to purchase the oil may intend to simply hoard it:

Representatives of trading companies including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley (MS), Hess Trading Company and Koch Supply & Trading LP joined Valero Energy Corp. (VLO) and Statoil ASA in questioning Energy Department officials June 28 about shipping options and requests for waivers of the Jones Act.

The Jones Act “restricts the shipment of goods between U.S. ports to American-flagged vessels.” Because most oil tankers are foreign-flagged ships, the traders looking to store in the oil offshore must request Jones Act waivers.

Argus Media reports that Koch Industries has already shown interest in leasing super tankers for storage of crude in the Gulf of Mexico. The Economist points out that the small rebound in oil prices have already provided an incentive for oil traders to store, rather than refine, the oil: “If a trader was able to purchase West Texas Intermediate—the oil held in America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR)—at the spot price on June 24th, they would already be sitting on a tidy profit.”

In December 2008, when oil prices crashed from a record high to $33 a barrel, speculators with the capability to store massive quantities of crude oil bought in bulk and stored the oil for later sale. As Fortune magazine reported, the rush to store oil instead of refining it pushed prices for consumers back up. Now, the contango — a market situation when the spot price is much lower than the future price of oil — is less significant than back in 2008.

Nevertheless, its not clear what oil traders will do. In Europe and Japan, much of the oil released as part of the IEA effort was sent directly to industry. In the U.S., the release was entirely crude with less strings attached. “Our inventories are in good shape and our markets are well supplied here in the United States,” Rayola Dougher, an economic adviser with the American Petroleum Institute, the largest oil lobbying group, told Reuters. “It may be that our refiners are buying it to store up.”
http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/07/05/260732/oil-barons-may-store-spr-oil/

Fucking pieces of treasonous shit. :mad:

Jagermeister
07-08-2011, 01:28 PM
No shit.

Of course with the market taking a dump today they may stand to lose their ass also.

Then you have to wonder why it takes weeks for the price to drop 10 cents but only hours for it to rise 15. Fuckin makes me so mad I can't stand it!

Jagermeister
07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Stocks dive after dismal June jobs report
Stock indexes fell sharply Friday, erasing most of the week's gains, after a dismal report on the job market stifled hopes for a quick economic rebound.

U.S. employers created only 18,000 net jobs in June, the fewest in nine months and a fraction of what many economists expected. Private companies added jobs at the slowest pace in more than a year. The unemployment rate edged up to 9.2 percent, its highest level this year.

A broader measure of weakness in the labor market was even worse. Among Americans who want to work, 16.2 percent are either unemployed or unable to find full-time jobs. That was up from 15.8 percent in May.

The Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped 15 points in afternoon trading, or 1.1 percent, to 1,338. That eliminated the index's gains from Thursday and left it down for the week.

The Dow Jones industrial average fell 108, or 0.8 percent, to 12,611. Prior to Friday the Dow had only one down day over the past eight. The Nasdaq composite index fell 31, or 1.1 percent, to 2,842. That index is on track for its first daily loss in two weeks.

Stocks fell broadly. All 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 index fell. Job-hunting service Monster Worldwide Inc. plunged 5 percent, one of the worst declines of any stock in the index.

Manufacturers had the worst declines in the Dow average. Heavy-equipment maker Caterpillar Corp., industrial conglomerate General Electric Co. and networking equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc. each lost 2 percent. So did Bank of America Corp.

Hiring slumped in May due partly to high fuel prices and disruptions of industrial supplies because of the earthquake and tsunami disasters in Japan. Those problems now appear to be more persistent than many analysts had expected.

"There's just a lot more evidence than before that we're in an extended weak patch," said Brian Gendreau, market strategist for Cetera Financial Group. He said private economists will likely reduce their projections for overall economic growth this year.

Traders rushed to the relative safety of government bonds. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 3.02 percent from 3.19 percent just before the jobs report came out. Bond yields fall when demand for them increases.

Oil prices fell 3 percent. The lack of hiring suggests that demand for fuel will increase less than traders had expected. Lower fuel prices could eventually help the economy by leaving consumers with more money to spend on things other than gas.Weak economic data this spring pushed stocks near their lowest levels of the year two weeks ago. Markets recovered last week, giving the Dow its best week in two years, on signals that the economy was rebounding. Stock indexes closed near their 2011 highs on Thursday.

It now appears that those peaks, reached on April 29, will stand for the time being.

Thursday's gains were driven by a report from payroll processor ADP that private companies added 157,000 jobs in June. That raised investors' expectations that the broader Labor Department report, which has a greater influence on markets, would also indicate a pickup in hiring. The ADP report is sometimes, but not always, a reliable indicator of how the Labor Department's report will turn out.

"The market was just coming to the conclusion that this weak patch was coming to an end," Gendreau said. Noting that the government revised downward its jobs numbers for April and May, Gendreau said the report might signal a longer-term negative trend.

Despite the weak job market, analysts still expect earnings at big U.S. companies to be strong. Corporate America is benefiting from strong export growth as the weak dollar makes American goods cheaper, and therefore more competitive, in overseas markets. Aluminum maker Alcoa Inc., one of the 30 companies in the Dow average, will be the first major corporation to report second-quarter financial results on Monday.

With the economic picture so bleak, traders might not react that much even if U.S. companies report higher earnings, Gendreau said.

"This will be one quarter in which earnings don't really drive the market," he said. "The corporate sector is strong, but of course it looked strong at the peak in 2007, as well."

Rupert Murdoch's media conglomerate News Corp. fell 4 percent as a phone-hacking scandal at its News of the World tabloid deepened. A former editor of the paper who later served as spokesman for British Prime Minister David Cameron was arrested Friday.

News Corp. shuttered the 168-year old paper on Thursday in hopes of saving its deal to take over the lucrative British satellite TV company British Sky Broadcasting. Government approval of that deal will now be delayed because of the crisis, which has shocked Britain.

sadaist
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I want to poiint out something really shady I have been noticing at 3 different gas stations...all different chains. So this may be common practice everywhere.

You all know when you pump your gas there are typically 3 buttons. 87 89 91 for the octane you wish to use. Well I have noticed that they flip the buttons every few months. Now it is in opposite order 91 89 87

So if you are just so used to hitting the far left button for your cheapo regular gas, and suddenly they flip the buttons on you....you may not notice & just hit that far left button and pay the extra for 91 octane.

Sorry...I feel like I am not explaining this well. But just be aware of the number & price on the button you are choosing for your fill-ups. Humans are creatures of habit and I wouldn't doubt that this is common practice everywhere.

Jagermeister
07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I want to poiint out something really shady I have been noticing at 3 different gas stations...all different chains. So this may be common practice everywhere.

You all know when you pump your gas there are typically 3 buttons. 87 89 91 for the octane you wish to use. Well I have noticed that they flip the buttons every few months. Now it is in opposite order 91 89 87

So if you are just so used to hitting the far left button for your cheapo regular gas, and suddenly they flip the buttons on you....you may not notice & just hit that far left button and pay the extra for 91 octane.

Sorry...I feel like I am not explaining this well. But just be aware of the number & price on the button you are choosing for your fill-ups. Humans are creatures of habit and I wouldn't doubt that this is common practice everywhere.

I don't think I have ever seen them flip the buttons. That's fucked up lol.

Nitro Express
07-08-2011, 02:18 PM
One thing most people aren't aware of is it's the same gasoline in all three gradess. How they boost the octane is with additives which include ethanol. Most cars will do just fine on the lower octane. Unless you have a higher compression engine or are pulling a high elevation grade just run with the lower octane and save your money. I live at 6300 feet above sea level and do just fine on 83 octane unless I'm going over an 8,000 foot pass where my engine starts to ping then I have to go to a higher octane number to stop that.

FORD
07-08-2011, 02:32 PM

Haven't seen anything like that yet here, but there are a couple of gas pumps around here (forget exactly which stations) which will "default" to the most expensive gas if you don't hit a button in time.

I'll use the high octane on a road trip, because I know for a fact my engine performs better on it. But that's highway driving. Stuck in town, never going over 35 miles an hour, there's no point in wasting more money than I already have to because of the criminals.

Nitro Express
07-08-2011, 02:58 PM
High octane works well in one of these too. I wouldn't mind putting those criminals responsible for the high gas prices on the receiving end of one.

Guitar Shark
07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
The Wall Street oil speculators are a big part of the problem.

FORD
07-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Hell yeah they are. We need to start treating economic treason as seriously as any other form of treason. And since corporations want to call themselves "persons", then like any other "person" they should be subject to the death penalty for treason.

Nitro Express
07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Hell yeah they are. We need to start treating economic treason as seriously as any other form of treason. And since corporations want to call themselves "persons", then like any other "person" they should be subject to the death penalty for treason.

So who do we kill? The CEO? The board of directors for hiring the fuck? All of the stockholders? Or how about pulling the corporate charter like they used to do and put the ass raping monster out of business.

FORD
07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
So who do we kill? The CEO? The board of directors for hiring the fuck? All of the stockholders? Or how about pulling the corporate charter like they used to do and put the ass raping monster out of business.

Just to clarify, it's the corporate "person" I'm talking about killing. At least at first. If the humans behind the executed corporations form other corporations and commit the same treason, then it becomes obvious that THEY are treasonous. Two strikes and they're out. :gun:

sadaist
07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Haven't seen anything like that yet here, but there are a couple of gas pumps around here (forget exactly which stations) which will "default" to the most expensive gas if you don't hit a button in time.

That's almost as fucked up. Haven't seen that down here, but I usually select pretty quickly. next time I will wait & see what happens.

Gas stations I use

7-11 Inexpensive and I'm usually there anyways for coffee & smokes
Chevron Just cause it's the closest to the house if I'm running really low I go there as emergency
76 Only cause they got a kick ass mexican fast food place inside.

Hardly ever use Arco - AM/PM. it's always cheapest, but the lines are ridiculous. Fuck that.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2011, 04:04 PM
The Wall Street oil speculators are a big part of the problem.

That in itself is so fucked up as to how the price of gas is determined. Can't have no corruption involved there, no sir....

Guitar Shark
07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
That in itself is so fucked up as to how the price of gas is determined. Can't have no corruption involved there, no sir....

Yep. Say what you will about Dan Rather, but he had an interesting story on this topic earlier this year.

http://www.hd.net/press_articles/dan-rather-reports-investigates-the-real-reason-behind-the-recent-rise-in-fuel-costs/

One of the key parts of the story:

Most economists agree that some speculation brings stability to commodity markets. But in an interview with Dan Rather, hedge fund manager Michael Masters claims that a recent surge in speculation has thrown the oil market out of balance making prices at the pump rise and fall at the whim of Wall Street. “Speculators today have about 70 percent of the open interest in the commodity markets,” explains Masters. “Ten years ago-they controlled roughly 30 percent of the market.”

Congress attempted to reign in speculation with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The landmark financial overhaul has a provision that requires federal regulators to restrict how much money speculators can pour into the oil market. But the financial industry has fought back, spending more than $100 million last year lobbying on Capitol Hill. And many of the new rules have been delayed, including the one that limits speculation.

FORD
07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Hardly ever use Arco - AM/PM. it's always cheapest, but the lines are ridiculous. Fuck that.

I used to avoid AM/PM because it seemed like their gas was watered down. Now I avoid them because they're owned by BP. After what they did to the Gulf of Mexico, that's a lifetime boycott. Same with Exxon after the Alaska thing.

Mushroom
07-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Glad you asked. As usual, it's the KKKoch Brothers, Pig Oil & Wall $treet felons to blame......

Fucking pieces of treasonous shit. :mad:

U.S. Department of Energy announced the sale of 30 million barrels of crude as part of the International Energy Agency’s effort to release 60 million barrels into the global oil market.

It's a joke because that amount is a drop in the bucket compared to our daily consumption: 19 million barrels per day

Nitro Express
07-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I used to avoid AM/PM because it seemed like their gas was watered down. Now I avoid them because they're owned by BP. After what they did to the Gulf of Mexico, that's a lifetime boycott. Same with Exxon after the Alaska thing.

Maverick stores sell tank bottom gas. You can buy the tailings and tank bottoms for less money and yes it's full of water and crap. They filter it but it's still crap gas. I had a Ford van that would literally run like shit on Maverick gas. The think is everyone pretty much buys the same gas out of the same pipeline depot or refinery. Out gas here comes from Wyoming oil but it first goes to Utah to get refined and then the gas goes up a pipeline to Idaho where the depot is and then it comes by truck back into Wyoming to our gas stations. So the oil goes through two states and comes back home. One oil company may own the well and another may own the pipeline. Another may own the refinery and another may own the other pipeline. Then another company owns the trucks that fill all the other stations.

So the only thing BP is the franchise the station owner bought or it may be a corporate owned station. It's usually not BP fuel you are really buying but it may have BP additives in it which are added at the station. Sometimes I wonder if they even put those in you just have to trust them.

Nitro Express
07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I find the peak oil debate interesting. Nobody has a straight answer but if you read between the lines I think we are at peak oil now. The US has tried to militarily control the world's oil supplies in the middle east. Saddam Hussain was taken out because he would no longer sell his oil in US Dollars. Quadaffi is now targeted for similar reasons. It's not about terrorist as much as who controls the oil and the world's reserve currency. Why is this intesifying? Also the Saudis have given the same figure out for years on their oil reserves while pumping sea water into their wells. Obviously they are fudging their numbers and sea water is pumped into wells to get the last bit of oil out. Then why does NATO surround Russia and neocons want to attack Iran? Those are oil reserves we don't control. There are some major oil wars and currency wars going on right now.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-08-2011, 05:56 PM

"am/fm" down here charge you to use a debit card there. fuck them, never use 'em.:fupunk:

Jagermeister
07-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Chris Kahn, AP Energy Writer, On Monday July 11, 2011, 11:00 am
NEW YORK (AP) -- The latest readings on Chinese inflation and renewed worries about European debt are pushing oil lower.

Benchmark West Texas Intermediate crude fell $1.88 to $94.32 per barrel Monday on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Oil declined following a weekend announcement that inflation in China hit a three-year high in June.

It fell further Prices as European officials disagreed over a second bailout package for Greece. Uncertainty about Greece's debt problems raised concerns that the economic crisis could spread to Italy and Spain.

The dollar shot up in morning trading, and that weighed on oil futures. Oil is traded in dollars and tends to fall as the dollar strengthens and makes crude more expensive for investors holding foreign money.

Meanwhile, retail gasoline prices in the U.S. increased to $3.63 per gallon.

Little Texan
07-11-2011, 04:56 PM
What's up with the price of gas? One word:

GREED

binnie
07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Over the past 3-4 years, I have been walking a lot, lot more.

It's surprisingly refreshing walking 4 miles to work once you get used to it.....

ODShowtime
07-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Yep, I thought of that too and yep they do it in Florida at many stations.

jacksmar
07-12-2011, 08:58 AM
It’s pretty simple really. When Ubama released gasoline from the SPR he was too sub-moronic to know that this is a price control. You elected a shit stain that doesn’t understand when you flush a toilet that the water goes “somewhere”.

When this asshole tried his maneuver it forces the market price or a large percentage of transactions to take place at that price. This doesn’t work with simple supply and demand in a free market. It works great for a socialist nation but you can’t expect a retarded president to know this. The transaction price is either too high or too low.

Look around you for a second, the people here are REALLY smart people and will get this. Everything around you at this time; where you work; the club you go to for an evening out, or your home including what’s in the fridge all have one thing in common; everything around you has “touched” a truck. Fuel was used.

The price of fuel is too high – you stop driving. The price of fuel is too low – you use up the gas. What gets missed is that in both cases is not enough gas is sold. At the low price the gas you bought didn’t produce enough profit. It triggers exactly what you see now. At the high end, everything that “touched” a truck becomes more expensive.

I’ve tried to explain this with Ubamacare. In 1990, the feds tried to set a new drug price level for states with Medicaid. It was typical backroom lobbying bullshit and what happened was pharma raised prices on government sales. They muscled out the low drug prices because they could produce and or buyout in bulk.

What ultimately ends up happening is you have wasted resources and reduced entry and investment in the long haul. For example, oil drilling.

Little Texan
02-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Bumping this, seeing as these greedy cocksuckers are at it again and we're staring at possible $5.00 a gallon gas by this summer. :fupunk::mad:

Jagermeister
02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah no shit! Had a big debate on Hannity about it last night. Of course the left blaming the right and vis versa. Bottom line is tension with Iraq I think. It doesn't help that the Keystone pipeline keeps getting the boot form Obama's administration. Oh fuck don't get me started! :mad:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/us/politics/high-gas-prices-give-gop-issue-to-attack-obama.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

WASHINGTON — Rising gasoline prices, trumpeted in foot-tall numbers on street corners across the country, are causing concern among advisers to President Obama that a budding sense of economic optimism could be undermined just as he heads into the general election.

Enlarge This Image
Rick Bowmer/Associated Press
Speaker John A. Boehner told Republicans to embrace constituents' anger at gas prices.
Election 2012 iPhone App
A one-stop destination for the latest political news — from The Times and other top sources. Plus opinion, polls, campaign data and video.

Download Now | Learn More
.Readers’ Comments
Readers shared their thoughts on this article.
Read All Comments (944) »
White House officials are preparing for Republicans to use consumer angst about the cost of oil and gas to condemn his energy programs and buttress their argument that his economic policies are not working.

In a closed-door meeting last week, Speaker John A. Boehner instructed fellow Republicans to embrace the gas-pump anger they find among their constituents when they return to their districts for the Presidents’ Day recess.

“This debate is a debate we want to have,” Mr. Boehner told his conference on Wednesday, according to a Republican aide who was present. “It was reported this week that we’ll soon see $4-a-gallon gas prices. Maybe higher. Certainly, this summer will see the highest gas prices in years. Your constituents saw those reports, and they’ll be talking about it.”

Iran’s recent warnings of a disruption in the global oil trade have pushed the price of a barrel of domestic oil to more than $103, a six-month high and up about 34 percent since September. That has helped drive the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in the United States to $3.52, a 30-cent increase in the past two months. It is already approaching $4 in some places.

Economists say the current price of oil is only a modest drag on the economy. But a big jump — combined with tensions over Iran and continuing European debt worries — could present a more significant challenge to America’s recovery, they say.

For the president’s economic team, the specter of such increases in oil prices comes on the heels of positive economic news that has lifted Mr. Obama’s approval rating, including better-than-expected job growth, a surging stock market and a payroll tax deal that will put more money in the pockets of millions of Americans.

But Mr. Boehner’s message to his members echoes the aggressive talk coming from the Republican campaign trail, where the men vying for the right to challenge Mr. Obama are increasingly blaming Mr. Obama’s administration for rising gas prices. A gallon of gas had dropped to $1.89 when Mr. Obama took office in 2009, in large part because of the fall in oil demand caused by the financial crisis, and has almost doubled since.

“They want higher energy prices. They want to push their radical agenda on the public,” Rick Santorum said at a campaign event last week, accusing Democrats of pushing alternatives to oil. “We need a president who is on the side of affordable energy.”

Newt Gingrich wrote on Twitter on Friday that “gasoline prices are unacceptable. We can do better!” He urged his supporters to sign a petition on his Web site calling for a return to $2.50-a-gallon gas. “Drill here. Drill now. Pay less,” the petition says.

And talking points from the Republican National Committee that go out to conservative commentators every Friday often include rising gas prices among the “Top Line Messaging” for the week. A recent “Pundit Prep” document cited the national debt, unemployment and the price of gas as the three best ways to define the “Obama economy.”

The president’s political advisers are bracing for battle as they envision the price of gas rising steadily through the summer, as it usually does. As the president’s motorcade whisked him through scenic Orange County on Thursday on the way to a California fund-raiser, one sign held by a protester read, “Gas prices up 91 percent under Obama.”

Aides say they know the attacks are inevitable. But they also say they are prepared to respond forcefully with a defense of the president’s energy policies and a critique of the Republican line.

“The president is keenly aware of the impact that higher gas prices have on families trying to make ends meet,” Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, said last week.

For Mr. Obama’s economic team, the increase in oil prices is an unwelcome reminder of how global events largely outside their control can hamper a recovery. For the third year in a row, a modest recovery faces head winds as winter turns to spring.

In the spring of 2010, debt crises in Europe, slowing stimulus spending and weakness in the housing market brought an abrupt halt to a brief turnaround in the United States economy. A year later, turmoil in the Middle East, the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and more debt problems in Europe did the same. Now, rising gasoline prices, concern over tensions with Iran and, once again, European debt are causing worries.

On a call with reporters on Friday, Alan B. Krueger, the chairman of the president’s Council of Economic Advisers, said rising oil prices threatened to eat into household budgets and sap confidence — as they did last year. But he said the agreement to extend last year’s payroll tax cut would help.

“The payroll tax cut provides some cushion for families in case they see their costs go up, possibly because of gasoline prices or for other reasons over the course of the year,” Mr. Krueger said.

In speeches this spring, aides said, the president will increasingly focus on his administration’s actions to raise the fuel efficiency of cars and to open new areas to oil and natural gas development. They said they hoped the moves would counter the accusation that he has stifled oil production. On Friday, the Interior Department announced an expansion of oil exploration in Arctic waters.

Mr. Obama has also begun once again to express his personal concern for the impact of gas prices on pocketbooks, as he did last week while pressing Congress to extend the tax cut, which is about $40 per paycheck for a family making $50,000 a year.

“If we start seeing significant increases in gas prices, losing that $40 could not come at a worse time,” the president said Tuesday.

A counterattack being planned by the Obama re-election team in Chicago is expected to point out, among other things, Mitt Romney’s actions to raise gas taxes when he was governor of Massachusetts. And Mr. Obama’s Democratic allies on Capitol Hill are eager to renew a nationwide discussion about tax subsidies to oil companies.

“House Republicans are very good at using every argument they can to shield oil companies from paying their fair share,” said Representative Steve Israel of New York, the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “They have been relentless and fearless protectors of oil company profits.”

Republicans on Capitol Hill say they are eager to criticize the president as gas prices rise, in part with a flurry of legislation aimed at increasing domestic production.

They also plan to use Mr. Obama’s decision to block the immediate construction of Keystone XL, a 1,700-mile pipeline that would stretch from Canada to the Gulf Coast. A Republican bill was passed by the House on Thursday to expand offshore drilling and force a permit to be approved for the pipeline.

In an interview, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the House whip, mocked Mr. Obama’s claim to want an “all of the above” energy policy.

“He says it in his State of the Union, and then a week later he kills Keystone,” Mr. McCarthy said. “I think energy is going to be one of the major issues in this election, and it’s going to peak in two months.”

Nitro Express
02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Rebel by building yourself an electric commuting car. I doubt most of us drive over 150 miles a day and probably burn most the fuel on short commutes.

Nickdfresh
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah no shit! Had a big debate on Hannity about it last night. Of course the left blaming the right and vis versa. Bottom line is tension with Iraq I think. It doesn't help that the Keystone pipeline keeps getting the boot form Obama's administration. Oh fuck don't get me started! :mad:

Um, you mean Iran. The place our "allies" in Israel we fund to the tune of billion$ a year are threatening to bomb the place, as well as sanctions and a self-imposed oil embargo by Iran (which amounts to cutting their own throat) are what is mainly driving up prices this time....

Nickdfresh
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
And if you're worried about "cheap, shit" gas, use the retailers on the following list that self "Top Tier" gasoline in accordance with agreements with major auto manufacturers...

http://www.toptiergas.com/

If you're going to pay more, at least get more detergent additive...

Nitro Express
02-24-2012, 01:08 AM
The shell nitrogen enhanced gasoline makes a difference in my sports car engines. For my older engines I run Lucas fuel treatment in them to give the valves some lubrication. All gasoline comes from the same pipeline and it is the additives. Some of the convenience store gas like Maverik are actually tank bottoms. It's shit gas and I avoid it. You do get what you pay for.

What's nice about Wyoming is it's legal to fill your car up with 100 octane gas at the airport. Once you get use to running on av gas, man, all that stuff at the gas stations seems like shit.

Satan
02-24-2012, 02:09 AM
Wyoming is one of the few states where you could drive fast enough to get use out of 100 octane gas. Doesn't make much sense for a daily rush hour commute where 40 miles an hour is the top speed....and that's on the freeway.

sadaist
02-24-2012, 07:13 AM
we're staring at possible $5.00 a gallon gas by this summer. :fupunk::mad:

My $0.02

Planned. By fall it will drop from $5 to $4 and everyone will suck Obamas butthole in thanks and vote him in a landslide.

And we will be thankful to pay $4! That's the fucked up part. They always raise it superficially high so they can lower it a bit & you will be thankful. Instead, we should be OUTRAGED it's over $2.50 a gallon.

I know....if we do this, that or the other it won't affect gas prices for 10 years. Yeah, I remember that argument 10 years ago. 20 years ago. etc.... DO IT NOW! Ten years is gonna come, lets do the prep work NOW!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Again, the fact that neither Obama, nor even if a Republican were to win the Presidency, has absolutely no say in the price of gas is astonishing to me....

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Um, you mean Iran. The place our "allies" in Israel we fund to the tune of billion$ a year are threatening to bomb the place, as well as sanctions and a self-imposed oil embargo by Iran (which amounts to cutting their own throat) are what is mainly driving up prices this time....

Yes i did mean Iran.

Anyway the had a deal on the news last night that said speculators are the real reason behind the price of gas. No shortage of supply and lower demand right now becasue it's winter. Now tell me that doesn piss you off. I'll see if I can find the story here in a bit.

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I can't get it to embed but here is a link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#46505223

Satan
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
You watch MSNBC now? Won't they kick you out of the Klan for that? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
You watch MSNBC now? Won't they kick you out of the Klan for that? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

I watch NBC nightly news most of the time. I like Brian Williams because I think he shoots straight.

Nickdfresh
02-24-2012, 03:59 PM
The shell nitrogen enhanced gasoline makes a difference in my sports car engines. For my older engines I run Lucas fuel treatment in them to give the valves some lubrication. All gasoline comes from the same pipeline and it is the additives. Some of the convenience store gas like Maverik are actually tank bottoms. It's shit gas and I avoid it. You do get what you pay for.

What's nice about Wyoming is it's legal to fill your car up with 100 octane gas at the airport. Once you get use to running on av gas, man, all that stuff at the gas stations seems like shit.

A Volkswagen Passat is a "sports car?" Or was it a Mazda Miata?

Nickdfresh
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Yes i did mean Iran.

Anyway the had a deal on the news last night that said speculators are the real reason behind the price of gas. No shortage of supply and lower demand right now becasue it's winter. Now tell me that doesn piss you off. I'll see if I can find the story here in a bit.

Of course it pisses me off! Libyan oil is now widely available although I think not yet in high quantities. That alone should off-set problems with Iran...

Jagermeister
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Does this sound familiar to anyone besides me? Why is it this administration always tries to stick it's finger in the dike instead of actually plugging the fucking hole? The last time we release oil form the reserves was great but it was to late and fuck me if we are not in a worse situation now. :mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/geithner-says-u-could-tap-oil-reserves-circumstances-151801792.html

..WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is considering a release from its strategic oil reserves, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said on Friday, acknowledging the harm that supply disruptions from Iran could have on the global economy.

Rising tensions between Iran and the West over its disputed nuclear program have fueled a rise in oil prices, pushing benchmark Brent crude above $125 a barrel on Friday.

"There is a case for the use of the reserve in some circumstances and we will continue to look at those and evaluate that carefully," Geithner said on CNBC television.

"Obviously Iran can do a lot of damage to the global economy," Geithner said. "We are working very carefully to try to minimize that risk, make sure there are alternative sources of supply from Saudi Arabia and others to help compensate for reduced exports from Iran."

The United Nations' nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, warned on Friday that Iran has sharply stepped up its uranium enrichment drive. The IAEA report was seen as inflaming fears in Israel, which has threatened pre-emptive strikes on Iran's nuclear sites to stop it pursuing an atomic weapons program.

The fear of tightening supplies, exacerbated by a threat from Tehran to close the Strait of Hormuz - the main Gulf oil shipping lane - have driven oil prices higher, putting political pressure on President Barack Obama, who is running for re-election in November.

The appetite for a coordinated opening of reserves by the United States and other nations may not be as high as last June, when Western nations agreed to release a total of 60 million barrels of oil in response to supply disruptions from Libya.

Angel Gurria, secretary general of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, said releasing reserves now would not help dampened oil prices.

"These prices are due to a great extent ... because there is a lot of tension, these discussions every day over the Straits of Hormuz and Israel," he said on the sidelines of a Group of 20 meeting in Mexico City.

"That would not be solved by releasing reserves."

The International Monetary Fund flagged higher oil prices as a rising threat to the global economy on Friday, urging policymakers to keep a close eye on western tensions with Iran.

Looming U.S. sanctions on Iran's oil buyers, as well as an impending European Union oil embargo, have forced countries to cut back on purchases from the world's fifth-largest exporter of crude, pushing up the price of the commodity.

"A new risk on the horizon, or maybe not on the horizon, maybe right in front of us, is high oil prices," David Lipton, first deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund, said in a presentation at the G20 gathering.

"The situation in Iran is a risk that we have to be thinking about. Our assessment is that the global economy is not really out of the danger zone," Lipton added.

ELECTION YEAR BACKDROP

Obama, who is running for re-election on November 6, is under pressure, including from within his own party, to take steps to keep gasoline prices down to preserve the U.S. economic recovery.

U.S. consumers have seen the price of fuel jump nearly 9 cents in the past week to an average of $3.61 a gallon. The cost is expected to rise further toward $4 or higher through the summer driving season.

Geithner said part of the reason oil prices were rising was a strengthening economy, and he urged Americans to take a long view.

"There is no quick fix to this. No short-term fix to this," he said, adding the best strategy for the United States was to continue to make long-term investments to expand U.S. production, reduce the country's dependence on foreign oil and encourage Americans to use energy more efficiently.

The White House declined to comment about specific talks regarding a Strategic Petroleum Reserve release.

Oil prices fell 8 percent in the days following the announcement of last year's coordinated release.

A handful of Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday said the White House should consider tapping stockpiles again to send a message to Iran that the United States is willing to use its emergency reserves.

David Goldwyn, who headed international energy affairs at the State Department until early 2011, said an SPR release now could be a hard sell.

"Absent a new significant disruption, it is hard to see the justification for an SPR release, much less a coordinated release with the IEA," Goldwyn said. "Rising gasoline prices alone are not a significant justification."

Goldwyn said one key bellweather to watch in the coming weeks will be the Obama administration's decision on whether to grant waivers to U.S. sanctions for up to 120 days for countries that buy Iranian oil.

The decision on the waivers will require the White House to weigh in officially on whether there is enough supply for countries to stop using Iranian crude.

(Additional reporting by Dave Graham, Timothy Gardner, Ayesha Rascoe and Samson Reiny; Writing by Jeff Mason; Editing by Eric Walsh)

Angel
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Try being from the country that supplies 90% of the US oil, but still pays more at the pumps. The hybrids will be the big sellers this year.

www.gunderson.tv

ashstralia
02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
we're gonna hit $1.55 ish soon. and that's PER LITRE...:duh:

Nickdfresh
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Does this sound familiar to anyone besides me? Why is it this administration always tries to stick it's finger in the dike instead of actually plugging the fucking hole? The last time we release oil form the reserves was great but it was to late and fuck me if we are not in a worse situation now. :mad:

Why would we release oil from the Reserve every time oil inches up? Especially with a real threat of war in the Middle East?

Satan
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Not surprising that Timmy the Elf would blame Iran and not his treasonous speculator friends at Gold Mansacks.

Nitro Express
02-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Wyoming is one of the few states where you could drive fast enough to get use out of 100 octane gas. Doesn't make much sense for a daily rush hour commute where 40 miles an hour is the top speed....and that's on the freeway.

Put it this way. No av gas goes in anything that doesn't have Z rated tires. Also another thing I have discovered is no matter what you are driving, you really feel the ruts in the road at 140 miles an hour. You start to track in the minor depressions the big trucks put in the road. At slower speeds you hardly notice them. At 140 you do. Nothing like driving a car that there is plenty left but the road surface can't handle more speed. I would love to go to a track at lower altitude and really open her up.

Nitro Express
02-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Try being from the country that supplies 90% of the US oil, but still pays more at the pumps. The hybrids will be the big sellers this year.

www.gunderson.tv

All our oil comes from our state. Some of it's refined here. Then you have the big oil fields in the Dakotas next door. Gas should be cheap here. But we pay a high price as well.

Nickdfresh
02-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Put it this way. No av gas goes in anything that doesn't have Z rated tires. Also another thing I have discovered is no matter what you are driving, you really feel the ruts in the road at 140 miles an hour. You start to track in the minor depressions the big trucks put in the road. At slower speeds you hardly notice them. At 140 you do. Nothing like driving a car that there is plenty left but the road surface can't handle more speed. I would love to go to a track at lower altitude and really open her up.

Very few high performance cars need 100-octane gas, certainly none made in the recent past. Delta Sonic sells it here for racers. For a while, Sunoco offered a 94-octane here for the very few lucky owners of Ferraris. But all engines can get by on 92 or 93. I've heard even Corvettes call that call for 93-octane can be easily run on regular 87...

Dr. Love
02-25-2012, 02:30 PM
http://whyisupportronpaul.us/costofoil.gif

postin here in case you turkeys missed it :)

jacksmar
11-20-2018, 07:57 PM
It’s pretty simple really. When Ubama released gasoline from the SPR he was too sub-moronic to know that this is a price control. You elected a shit stain that doesn’t understand when you flush a toilet that the water goes “somewhere”.

When this asshole tried his maneuver it forces the market price or a large percentage of transactions to take place at that price. This doesn’t work with simple supply and demand in a free market. It works great for a socialist nation but you can’t expect a retarded president to know this. The transaction price is either too high or too low.

Look around you for a second, the people here are REALLY smart people and will get this. Everything around you at this time; where you work; the club you go to for an evening out, or your home including what’s in the fridge all have one thing in common; everything around you has “touched” a truck. Fuel was used.

The price of fuel is too high – you stop driving. The price of fuel is too low – you use up the gas. What gets missed is that in both cases is not enough gas is sold. At the low price the gas you bought didn’t produce enough profit. It triggers exactly what you see now. At the high end, everything that “touched” a truck becomes more expensive.

I’ve tried to explain this with Ubamacare. In 1990, the feds tried to set a new drug price level for states with Medicaid. It was typical backroom lobbying bullshit and what happened was pharma raised prices on government sales. They muscled out the low drug prices because they could produce and or buyout in bulk.

What ultimately ends up happening is you have wasted resources and reduced entry and investment in the long haul. For example, oil drilling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a Point of reference for those that don't remember. And don't forget low gas prices tend to depress gas production. A quick show of socialist hands: how many BHOle voters need a refresher on this?

ZahZoo
11-21-2018, 06:59 AM
There's a few more relevant oil & gas industry elements at play beyond supply/demand and political manipulation...

The gas consumed during summer seasons costs more to refine than the stuff allowed during winter. That's driven by temperature, science and environmental regulation.

Then there's the shift where the US has become the largest fossil fuel producer in the world... as the US economy grew at record levels the last 2 years, the wholesale price of crude slowly creeped up. This freed up capital to allow US oil & gas producers to resume drilling and production again. It was extremely suppressed by the low wholesale pricing and glut of product on the market globally.

The oil & gas companies started pumping up production to cash in on the rising pricing... they can do this rapidly now because they are sitting on tons of reserves in both light crude and natural gas. Add to that the recent cold snap the hit that US and speculators flooded the market further. Then we had a shift in the jet stream and temps moderated and usage dropped... pricing plunged again.

I expect retail pricing to continue to drop... based on the winter weather... that will drive consumption and determine how fast or slow reserves rise or fall. Right now they are falling... that trend could change quickly but the good news for consumers is price at the pump will continue down for the next month or two...

Nickdfresh
11-21-2018, 08:05 AM
The gas prices have actually fallen quite a bit here in the last couple weeks....

FORD
11-21-2018, 08:52 AM
Maybe all we need to do to lower the prices is hack up some more journalists with bone saws? :chainsaw:

Trump thanks Saudi Arabia for falling oil prices: ‘Let’s go lower’
By Emily Birnbaum - 11/21/18 08:19 AM EST
thehill.com (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/417788-trump-thanks-saudi-arabia-for-falling-oil-prices-lets-go-lower)

President Trump on Wednesday morning thanked Saudi Arabia for the falling price of oil, cheering the drop and urging, "Let's go lower!"

"Oil prices getting lower," Trump tweeted. "Great! Like a big Tax Cut for America and the World. Enjoy! $54, was just $82. Thank you to Saudi Arabia, but let’s go lower!"

Oil prices getting lower. Great! Like a big Tax Cut for America and the World. Enjoy! $54, was just $82. Thank you to Saudi Arabia, but let’s go lower!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 21, 2018

The tweet comes a day after Trump released a statement reaffirming close ties with Saudi Arabia despite a CIA report that found Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman likely ordered the assassination of Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi.

"Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the crown prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!" Trump said in the statement, adding that "we may never know" who was responsible.

Khashoggi, a U.S. resident and critic of the government in Riyadh, was killed after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2. After changing its official account multiple times, the Saudi government acknowledged he was murdered by a team of agents who reportedly dismembered his body, which still has not been found.

Trump in the statement indicated he believes that close financial and diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia should override any concerns about Crown Prince Mohammed's alleged involvement in the plot.

"The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!" the president said.

Lawmakers throughout the day on Tuesday pushed back on Trump's unequivocal support for Saudi Arabia.

“The President indicates that Saudi Arabia is the lesser two evils compared to Iran and so the U.S. won’t punish Saudi Arabia for the brutal killing and dismemberment of a dissident journalist in their consulate. I disagree,” Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who has sided with Trump numerous times on foreign policy issues, wrote on Twitter.

“I’m pretty sure this statement is Saudi Arabia First, not America First," he added.

twonabomber
11-21-2018, 02:10 PM
$2.17 at Sam's Club yesterday. Didn't look at premium, the race car is garaged for the winter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/investing/oil-prices-trump-saudi-arabia/index.html

Kristy
11-21-2018, 02:47 PM
$3,487 a gallon here. Thanks to all the F A T Texans and Californians

FORD
11-21-2018, 06:42 PM
https://i2.wp.com/cdn.bipartisanreport.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Screenshot-at-Nov-21-13-34-071.png?resize=625%2C295

Seshmeister
11-21-2018, 08:06 PM
$3,487 a gallon here. Thanks to all the F A T Texans and Californians

I was going to call you out on that but looked it up and Colorado has the lowest obesity rate in the US. Who knew? :D

ZahZoo
11-22-2018, 07:50 AM
I was going to call you out on that but looked it up and Colorado has the lowest obesity rate in the US. Who knew? :D

The altitude in the major population areas of the state makes them all bat-shit crazy to the point they forget to eat...

jacksmar
11-23-2018, 06:06 AM
This was a little easier to follow and I've waited five years for this one. The socialists, BHOle voters especially, should understand what it is they don’t know about oil.

Crude oil crashed last week losing 7% in one day. It is the largest drop in three years. But it made it up the very next day. And is cruising along nicely now. You got your Saudi Arabia news, you got your US oil export news, and president Trump put the squeeze on Iran without damaging world subsidies.

Unfortunately, that’s not the good news for low prices at the pump. I’ll leave this link and pic for the BHOles voters to figure this out on their own. They’re not the sharpest drawer in the knife so let me assist them with a simple statement: Using a magic wand the Kenyon houseboy never owned, Exxon built that.

https://siteselection.com/issues/2016/sep/images/ExxonMobil_BaytownOlefinsPlant.jpg

ExxonMobil Chemical Company Begins Multi-Billion Dollar Expansion Project in Baytown, Texas

Jun 19, 2014 - 08:00 a.m. EDT

NYSE:
XOM

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ExxonMobil Chemical Company announced today that it has started construction of a multi-billion dollar ethane cracker at its Baytown, Texas, complex and associated premium product facilities in nearby Mont Belvieu. This project, and major investments ExxonMobil has made to develop oil and natural gas resources in the United States, including the merger with XTO Energy, demonstrates the company’s continuing commitment to American economic growth and job creation.

The steam cracker will have a capacity of up to 1.5 million tons per year and provide ethylene feedstock for downstream chemical processing, including processing at two new 650,000 tons per year high performance polyethylene lines at the company’s Mont Belvieu plastics plant.

“The project is made possible in large part by abundant, affordable supplies of U.S. natural gas for energy and chemical feedstock,” said Steve Pryor, president of ExxonMobil Chemical Company. The chemical industry and other industrial sectors account for nearly 30 percent of U.S. natural gas demand. “Shale development has provided U.S. chemical producers a double benefit as an energy source and as a key raw material to make plastics and other essential products, creating jobs and economic activity across the value chain.”

The project will employ about 10,000 construction workers, create 4,000 related jobs in nearby Houston communities and add 350 permanent positions at the Baytown complex. It is expected to increase regional economic activity by roughly $870 million per year and generate more than $90 million per year in additional tax revenues for local communities.

https://news.exxonmobil.com/press-release/exxonmobil-chemical-company-begins-multi-billion-dollar-expansion-project-baytown-texas

jacksmar
11-23-2018, 06:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dug-G9xVdVs

Nickdfresh
11-23-2018, 08:47 AM
This was a little easier to follow and I've waited five years for this one. The socialists, BHOle voters especially, should understand what it is they don’t know about oil.

I know more about oil than you ever will, moron. I bet you don't even change your own, keyboard pussy...

Cutting and pasting a PR/corporate shill piece from Exxon-Mobil doesn't make you an expert on anything except being a douchebag...

jacksmar
11-24-2018, 12:37 PM
I know more about oil than you ever will, moron. I bet you don't even change your own, keyboard pussy...

Cutting and pasting a PR/corporate shill piece from Exxon-Mobil doesn't make you an expert on anything except being a douchebag...

Chip, you know more about oil than anybody. You're the regular ARCO of the Diamond David Lee Roth Army. When I think of oil my thoughts go straight to Chip in Buffalo. The world should know this because anybody that's ever been in around the oil business should be well aware of how Chip in Buffalo has found a way to incentivize shale production in his own backyard. Mr. Ethylene.

BHOle and BHOle voters apparently like higher gas prices. So being called a moron from a feckless BHOle voter really doesn't mean that much to me.

2000 1.51
2001 1.46
2002 1.36
2003 1.59
2004 1.88
2005 2.30
2006 2.59
2007 2.80

BHOle years
2008 3.27
2009 2.35
2010 2.79
2011 3.53
2012 3.64
2013 3.53
2014 3.37
2015 2.45

https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles/fact-915-march-7-2016-average-historical-annual-gasoline-pump-price-1929-2015

I really didn't need to provide the link. You know all this already...

Nickdfresh
11-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Gas prices were high because of the economic catastrophe inflicted on us by the idiot you voted for in 2000 and 2004. Moron....

BTW. When trump fucks up the economy and gas prices go up, will you still have trumps small mushroom cock in your mouth? Will you still cherrypick essentially meaningless, falsified data?

jacksmar
11-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Gas prices were high because of the economic catastrophe inflicted on us by the idiot you voted for in 2000 and 2004. Moron....

BTW. When trump fucks up the economy and gas prices go up, will you still have trumps small mushroom cock in your mouth? Will you still cherrypick essentially meaningless, falsified data?

Chip, you leftist morons aren't even smart enough to remember BHOles Enron loophole rant. It's so amusing to watch assholes with a capitol 'Demmercat' after the name talk about something they don't understand. Speculators don't play with real oil, they play with paper oil.

That's why there's such a huge demand for ethanol. There's such a huge shortage of ethanol that speculators just have abandoned ethanol in favor of algae, or wind, or refried beans. Speculators racing to the raceway. Definitely, drop every hard earned dollar into biofuels. It's worth the bet to payoff in 75 years.

Prez Bush 43 was dealing with $135 barrel oil and as usual the idiots on the left and right started bitching about gas prices to the ''greedy oil" companies and had both parties of idiots calling for tax cuts. Both idiots were blaming speculators. BHOles people weren't smart enough to understand oil to know that Prez Bush 43 didn't care if it was speculators or "peak oil'. But mushroom cock prez understands it was all regulation. By the way, more investors were getting into oil during the BHOle years pushing up the prices like they always do. Funny, how the leftists never see a problem with that when it's, stocks, bonds, and property.

For every dumbass here on the RA that doesn't know what speculators involvement is, pay really close attention to the this so you don't sound like a NickDFresh: Speculators buy contracts for future oil delivery.

The next part may be a little confusing but its worth mentioning that those contracts reach a maturity and then there's a chance to cash out or sell the contract on to consumers. And all this info is on the NYMEX.

Domestic production is up, Texas produces about 40% of US oil. And we're exporting. In addition, we need export terminals to ship the crude. More jobs.

And the big news is the plant I pictured has ethylene production up 70%. They're increasing chemical manufacturing in giant way. Louisiana has 5 times the production of California. More jobs.

Chip, the economic catastrophic was caused by multicultural and diversity loans directed by the government to the private sector for the sake of being politically correct. All bundled up. And the BHOle voters accepted bailing out Wall Street. They paid for the too big to fail Wall Street execs to get raises and bigger homes. Lehman still operates and backs their company with BIG OIL. Are you wanting to bring back occupy because you missed your chance after the Bankia bailout?

jacksmar
11-25-2018, 08:16 AM
Off topic, why does Formula One race in such a far away and isolated place like Abu Dhabi? I just can't think of a reason...

Nickdfresh
11-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Chip, you leftist morons aren't even smart enough to remember BHOles Enron loophole rant. It's so amusing to watch assholes with a capitol 'Demmercat' after the name talk about something they don't understand. Speculators don't play with real oil, they play with paper oil.

That's why there's such a huge demand for ethanol. There's such a huge shortage of ethanol that speculators just have abandoned ethanol in favor of algae, or wind, or refried beans. Speculators racing to the raceway. Definitely, drop every hard earned dollar into biofuels. It's worth the bet to payoff in 75 years.

Prez Bush 43 was dealing with $135 barrel oil and as usual the idiots on the left and right started bitching about gas prices to the ''greedy oil" companies and had both parties of idiots calling for tax cuts. Both idiots were blaming speculators. BHOles people weren't smart enough to understand oil to know that Prez Bush 43 didn't care if it was speculators or "peak oil'. But mushroom cock prez understands it was all regulation. By the way, more investors were getting into oil during the BHOle years pushing up the prices like they always do. Funny, how the leftists never see a problem with that when it's, stocks, bonds, and property.

For every dumbass here on the RA that doesn't know what speculators involvement is, pay really close attention to the this so you don't sound like a NickDFresh: Speculators buy contracts for future oil delivery.

The next part may be a little confusing but its worth mentioning that those contracts reach a maturity and then there's a chance to cash out or sell the contract on to consumers. And all this info is on the NYMEX.

Domestic production is up, Texas produces about 40% of US oil. And we're exporting. In addition, we need export terminals to ship the crude. More jobs.

And the big news is the plant I pictured has ethylene production up 70%. They're increasing chemical manufacturing in giant way. Louisiana has 5 times the production of California. More jobs.

Chip, the economic catastrophic was caused by multicultural and diversity loans directed by the government to the private sector for the sake of being politically correct. All bundled up. And the BHOle voters accepted bailing out Wall Street. They paid for the too big to fail Wall Street execs to get raises and bigger homes. Lehman still operates and backs their company with BIG OIL. Are you wanting to bring back occupy because you missed your chance after the Bankia bailout?

Oh fucking nonsense! The Republicans are up to their small dicks in oil money, and you're going to blame Obama for Enron? Bush? The price of oil? That's what happens when you invade the wrong country that didn't attack us on 9/11. Idiot...

Obama! Obama! Obammmmaaaaahhh!!! Everything is his fault, right moron? He hasn't been president for two years. He inherited an economic depression while fat orange-boy inherited Obama's stellar economy. Get a life and go rake a forest with your MAGA hat on, fucknuts...

Nickdfresh
11-25-2018, 06:29 PM
Off topic, why does Formula One race in such a far away and isolated place like Abu Dhabi? I just can't think of a reason...

Because like the politicians you vote for and FIFA, they're corrupt shills whoring themselves for money...

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 01:55 AM
Oh fucking nonsense! The Republicans are up to their small dicks in oil money, and you're going to blame Obama for Enron? Bush? The price of oil? That's what happens when you invade the wrong country that didn't attack us on 9/11. Idiot...

Obama! Obama! Obammmmaaaaahhh!!! Everything is his fault, right moron? He hasn't been president for two years. He inherited an economic depression while fat orange-boy inherited Obama's stellar economy. Get a life and go rake a forest with your MAGA hat on, fucknuts...

Fuck BHOle. Asshole had 8 years and couldn't work a wet fart out a somebody's ass with broke screwdriver.

The unlettered tard prez on gas prices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdAaZCTeqzw

Nickdfresh
11-26-2018, 02:54 AM
Fuck BHOle. Asshole had 8 years and couldn't work a wet fart out a somebody's ass with broke screwdriver.

The unlettered tard prez on gas prices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdAaZCTeqzw

You stupid blackout drunk:

https://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/170110091440-dow-obama-780x439.png

The Dow was around 6000 when Obama took office, moron. Are you so poor now that you have to worry about a few cents a gallon in your 1987 Camero mullet-mobile?

Kristy
11-26-2018, 09:24 AM

Now think about that for a sec. All these F A T F U C K S who are in this state are from Texas and California. And these F A T F U C K S keep on coming here. Colorado no longer has a low obesity rate.

Now try to piece it together. Try.

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 09:45 AM
You stupid blackout drunk:

The Dow was around 6000 when Obama took office, moron. Are you so poor now that you have to worry about a few cents a gallon in your 1987 Camero mullet-mobile?

Proof the Kenyan Houseboy bailed out Wall Street? You must have sore legs from jumping up and down when mushroom cock cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. Sorry your egalitarian future isn't coming fast enough.

I actually get it, Chip. You and every other BHOLe voter believe that chart is real dollars in the Dow. BHOle gave the "rich" 4 trillion and gave Washington a bonus because Washington got a break on the interest rates. That was the bond auction trick called quantitative easing. QE began in 2008. Now the fed owns 30% of the mortgages and 25% of US debt.

So in 2020, with all the debt and those QE bonds how much money are you going to lend the Fed out your pocket to prove the Kenyan Houseboy's economy was worth inheriting?

The mushroom cock is your best chance to get through this one whether you want it or not. You and every other BHOle voter were more than willing to get on your knees for real double digit unemployment and 2.2%(right) GDP.
This guy has manufacturing employment up 207,000 to BHOLes down 9000. The exact opposite of what the leftists predicted, in every category.

We'll let you get back down on your knees when he starts nationalizing industries...

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Because like the politicians you vote for and FIFA, they're corrupt shills whoring themselves for money...

I think you mean the FIA, my friend...

Nickdfresh
11-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Proof the Kenyan Houseboy bailed out Wall Street? You must have sore legs from jumping up and down when mushroom cock cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. Sorry your egalitarian future isn't coming fast enough.

He didn't "bail out Wall St." retard, at least not anymore than the previous admin did. He prevented a severe recession from turning into a depression. Something neither of the fucknuts you voted for were capable of doing.

I have no problem with lowering the corporate tax rate, Obama favored it with the caveat that the loopholes be closed and some accountability went into where corporations set up their tax shelter bases and where they do the majority of their business. But no, I'm not in favor of a completely ignorant blanket cuts in taxes when many corps pay no taxes.

I actually get it, Chip. You and every other BHOLe voter believe that chart is real dollars in the Dow. BHOle gave the "rich" 4 trillion and gave Washington a bonus because Washington got a break on the interest rates. That was the bond auction trick called quantitative easing. QE began in 2008. Now the fed owns 30% of the mortgages and 25% of US debt.

You don't get anything because you're a racist moron nitpicking reasons to hate Obama while ignoring that he was a very good president that righted the ship the assclowns you worship nearly beached!

Since when do you give a fuck about deficits?

So in 2020, with all the debt and those QE bonds how much money are you going to lend the Fed out your pocket to prove the Kenyan Houseboy's economy was worth inheriting?

The mushroom cock is your best chance to get through this one whether you want it or not. You and every other BHOle voter were more than willing to get on your knees for real double digit unemployment and 2.2%(right) GDP.
This guy has manufacturing employment up 207,000 to BHOLes down 9000. The exact opposite of what the leftists predicted, in every category.

We'll let you get back down on your knees when he starts nationalizing industries...

Sounds like you're a retard who has no idea what he is talking about is just cutting and pasting complete bullshit...

Nickdfresh
11-26-2018, 12:03 PM
I think you mean the FIA, my friend...

Who gives a fuck? But actually I did mean FIFA...

Kristy
11-26-2018, 12:22 PM

That.Is.Awesome.

Where are you getting this from? Who knew a F A T racist shithead like yourself supports corrupt as fuck multinational corporations that are constantly plundering the populations of the United States and the world to the tune of trillions of dollars by driving down and evading taxes on profits booked overseas? Who knew a F A T racist shithead like yourself supports that decisions that affect the lives of millions in America and billions around the world as long as it remains in in the hands of a parasitic financial oligarchy AND as long as they are white? Who knew a F A T racist shithead like yourself loves to have the corporate dick of multimillionaires and billionaires, personified in the repulsive figure of Trump in your grubby F A T mouth?

Nickdfresh
11-26-2018, 12:33 PM
You wanna talk about the whorporate tax cuts? Really, jackstard? Keep sucking that trumpian kool aid that he gives a flying fuck about any of you unwashed peons that voted for him!

GM Just Laid Off 15,000 Workers Less Than One Year After Trump Promised Tax Cuts Would Save US Jobs [Opinion]

Chris Walker
Less than one year after historic tax cuts, aimed toward corporations and made with promises from the White House of jobs security for Americans across the country, General Motors announced on Monday that it would be laying off 14,700 of its workers in the United States.

According to a tweet from the Washington Post, the motor company is set to fire 15 percent of its salaried workers, as well as end production at five plants in the U.S. and in Canada.

One of the plants that is closing, per reporting from the Chicago Tribune, is a production facility just outside of Youngtown, Ohio. Just this past summer, President Donald Trump said that jobs were coming back to the area as a result of his policies and laws passed. Trump told workers in that community not to sell their homes because jobs were “coming back.”

Not surprisingly, Trump’s rhetoric doesn’t match the reality of the situation. In fact, just the opposite is happening: rather than jobs coming back, opportunities for workers are leaving, and workers who were once employed will soon need to find new jobs following these plants’ closures.

Less than one year ago, Trump promised that his tax cuts — which largely benefited corporations and wealthy Americans — would spur jobs growth across the nation. “I consider this very much a bill for the middle class and a bill for jobs,” Trump said in a signing statement promoting the tax cuts in December last year. “And jobs are produced through companies and corporations, and you see that happening.”

NBC News

@NBCNews
BREAKING: General Motors (GM) announces plans to slash 14,700 jobs — about 15% of its US workforce — and possibly close up to 5 domestic plants. https://nbcnews.to/2DYfDEr

10:59 AM - Nov 26, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

GM to slash over 14,000 jobs from North American workforce
The reduction could include the closing of up to five domestic plants.

This is not a phenomenon that is unique to GM, which benefited greatly from the Trump tax cuts over the past year. Pfizer, AT&T, and Kimberly-Clark also laid off large portions of their workforce following the passage of the tax package, according to reporting from CheatSheet.

The promises that these tax cuts would spur jobs growth — as well as jobs retention — were largely misplaced when Trump and others promoted the bill last year.

We knew this before the bill was even signed into law — a survey of 42 economists last year found that only one thought that the new law would spur economic growth, and other surveys found that corporations across the country didn’t believe that the tax cuts would inspire them to hire more workers, per reporting from the American Prospect. The new law also did not place any incentives on companies to keep jobs in American — rather, it strengthened the economic motivations to move jobs offshore.

The problems and reasons for GM laying off tens of thousands of workers may not have been avoidable. But the tax cuts that were passed last year were sold on the basis of retaining jobs in the United States, and creating more of them as well. Trump made a promise to these communities specifically that their jobs would be secure because of his tax cuts. In the end, that was a promise broken, and one that these workers shouldn’t forget any time soon.

https://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/5180531/gm-just-laid-off-15000-workers-less-than-one-year-after-trump-promised-tax-cuts-would-save-us-jobs/

twonabomber
11-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Lordstown has always been rumored to close. Even when GM made the Cavalier there, they claimed they lost money on every one.

GM's joining Ford on the anti-sedan movement...

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 01:20 PM
He didn't "bail out Wall St." retard, at least not anymore than the previous admin did. He prevented a severe recession from turning into a depression. Something neither of the fucknuts you voted for were capable of doing.

I have no problem with lowering the corporate tax rate, Obama favored it with the caveat that the loopholes be closed and some accountability went into where corporations set up their tax shelter bases and where they do the majority of their business. But no, I'm not in favor of a completely ignorant blanket cuts in taxes when many corps pay no taxes.

You don't get anything because you're a racist moron nitpicking reasons to hate Obama while ignoring that he was a very good president that righted the ship the assclowns you worship nearly beached!

Since when do you give a fuck about deficits?

Sounds like you're a retard who has no idea what he is talking about is just cutting and pasting complete bullshit...

No, Cut-and-paste is your specialty. So don't get sidetracked anymore than you already have. I listened to you and every other BHOle voter tout 2.2 GDP and manufacturing jobs gone away. The leftists were as proud as the half Kenyan prez was. Always releasing positive job numbers only to have to retract them. You want to review that?

Since you have no problem with the tax rate, I'll meet you halfway. QE has worked in the short-term. BUT it's going to take a total commitment to government fiscal responsibility to repair this. The debt you don't think I care about is looming over my oil futures, my 401(k), my bonds, and my buffalo head coin collection.

You're right that McCain would've been status quo. Mitt Romney is a better man than BHOle and based on that I can pretty much assume he would've made a better president. Trump has managed to build up a surplus and is paying down the debt, something BHOle was never capable of getting done.

Now, you want to address racism with me? Why haven't you commie Lib's set up your own industries so you know longer need the white man's money for your government projects? BHOle, the smartest man that ever lived according to Chip in Buffalo, should have had picture-perfect welfare by now. The modern Democrat is a socialist and all socialist are racists. No getting around that one. One of the best examples of BHOle voters racism is the collectivist forced tax program commonly known as Obamacare. Government welfare at its finest. BHOle voters love for families to be on welfare. By damaging the work ethic, it makes families dependent on government assistance. Families with children on welfare hear 3 million fewer words before the age of three. That's a great racist legacy for BHOle voters to get behind.

So for the record, my blind, unabated, and very personal hatred of the Kenyan houseboy has more to do with how many of you feel towards jerkoffsmearass. And precisely because of all the shit stirring he did constantly, there's no going back. And you'll never be able to justify your racism. BHOle has seen to it and made sure you're stuck with it...

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 01:30 PM
That.Is.Awesome.

Where are you getting this from? Who knew a F A T racist shithead like yourself supports corrupt as fuck multinational corporations that are constantly plundering the populations of the United States and the world to the tune of trillions of dollars by driving down and evading taxes on profits booked overseas? Who knew a F A T racist shithead like yourself supports that decisions that affect the lives of millions in America and billions around the world as long as it remains in in the hands of a parasitic financial oligarchy AND as long as they are white? Who knew a F A T racist shithead like yourself loves to have the corporate dick of multimillionaires and billionaires, personified in the repulsive figure of Trump in your grubby F A T mouth?

You want to play with Jacksmar? Put on your Peter Chris boots and get your tits out.
Now go get a beach ball and find five other broads with DD's to offset your A cups and get a game of keep it up going.

Just because you are a MRSA ridden black MILF lesbian senior citizen biker for Christ doesn't mean you aren't a racist.

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 01:36 PM
You wanna talk about the whorporate tax cuts? Really, jackstard? Keep sucking that trumpian kool aid that he gives a flying fuck about any of you unwashed peons that voted for him!

GM Just Laid Off 15,000 Workers Less Than One Year After Trump Promised Tax Cuts Would Save US Jobs [Opinion]

Chris Walker
Less than one year after historic tax cuts, aimed toward corporations and made with promises from the White House of jobs security for Americans across the country, General Motors announced on Monday that it would be laying off 14,700 of its workers in the United States.

According to a tweet from the Washington Post, the motor company is set to fire 15 percent of its salaried workers, as well as end production at five plants in the U.S. and in Canada.

One of the plants that is closing, per reporting from the Chicago Tribune, is a production facility just outside of Youngtown, Ohio. Just this past summer, President Donald Trump said that jobs were coming back to the area as a result of his policies and laws passed. Trump told workers in that community not to sell their homes because jobs were “coming back.”

Not surprisingly, Trump’s rhetoric doesn’t match the reality of the situation. In fact, just the opposite is happening: rather than jobs coming back, opportunities for workers are leaving, and workers who were once employed will soon need to find new jobs following these plants’ closures.

Less than one year ago, Trump promised that his tax cuts — which largely benefited corporations and wealthy Americans — would spur jobs growth across the nation. “I consider this very much a bill for the middle class and a bill for jobs,” Trump said in a signing statement promoting the tax cuts in December last year. “And jobs are produced through companies and corporations, and you see that happening.”

NBC News

@NBCNews
BREAKING: General Motors (GM) announces plans to slash 14,700 jobs — about 15% of its US workforce — and possibly close up to 5 domestic plants. https://nbcnews.to/2DYfDEr

10:59 AM - Nov 26, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

GM to slash over 14,000 jobs from North American workforce
The reduction could include the closing of up to five domestic plants.

This is not a phenomenon that is unique to GM, which benefited greatly from the Trump tax cuts over the past year. Pfizer, AT&T, and Kimberly-Clark also laid off large portions of their workforce following the passage of the tax package, according to reporting from CheatSheet.

The promises that these tax cuts would spur jobs growth — as well as jobs retention — were largely misplaced when Trump and others promoted the bill last year.

We knew this before the bill was even signed into law — a survey of 42 economists last year found that only one thought that the new law would spur economic growth, and other surveys found that corporations across the country didn’t believe that the tax cuts would inspire them to hire more workers, per reporting from the American Prospect. The new law also did not place any incentives on companies to keep jobs in American — rather, it strengthened the economic motivations to move jobs offshore.

The problems and reasons for GM laying off tens of thousands of workers may not have been avoidable. But the tax cuts that were passed last year were sold on the basis of retaining jobs in the United States, and creating more of them as well. Trump made a promise to these communities specifically that their jobs would be secure because of his tax cuts. In the end, that was a promise broken, and one that these workers shouldn’t forget any time soon.

https://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/5180531/gm-just-laid-off-15000-workers-less-than-one-year-after-trump-promised-tax-cuts-would-save-us-jobs/

Chip, I appreciate that you're excited that as many as 14,000 people are losing work, but this has a little more to do with how GM ran the corporation than tax incentives. So I guess they're not to build the Volt anymore? Wasn't that an Obama car?

You seem really happy. Wasn't GM too big to fail?

FORD
11-26-2018, 02:06 PM
Hardly surprising that Cheeto would want the Chevy Volt exterminated. That dumb orange son of a bitch is more rooted in 19th century energy policies than even the BCE themselves were. And at least the BCE had the excuse of using the oil business as a front for their "off-book" CIA operations.

Nitro Express
11-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Cars are more expensive because of the Trump tariffs. The steel and most the parts now come from overseas. Short-term it's going to make things more expensive but long-term it will motivate companies to make the steel and parts back in the US. We got used to consumer goods being cheaper because they were essentially made by slave labor in places like China. The bottom line is if you want decent paying manufacturing jobs in the US you are going to have to pay more for the goods. Another problem that has nothing to do with politics is automation. A lot of jobs that required people now can be automated. We really could find ourselves in a future situation where we have more people than jobs. Of course the government could provide a base living allowance but the problem with that is it makes people dependent on politicians and bureaucrats and that becomes abused and usually turns into a tyranny of some kind. It's best to have the eggs in multiple baskets and that's why free market capitalism always provides the most freedom and economic growth to people who understand it and are willing to work. No perfect system folks. All you can do is do your best to understand where things are going and prepare yourselves to survive in the environment. No politician is going to fix shit. Trump has come. He will go. Someone else will be in the seat. I wouldn't waste time waiting for some messiah figure to arrive and shoot manna from his or her ass.

Nitro Express
11-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Who gives a rat's ass? Does anyone here work for GM? GM had to be bailed out by the government. Ford didn't. Sears is going to disappear. Missed the whole on-line marketing opportunity when ironically Sears and Robuck sold everything you could imagine mail order over a century ago. Sears was the original Amazon. Management didn't see the opportunities and now Sears is toast. GM might be toast. The thing is something replaces these companies. If there is a market, people will meet the demand. Life doesn't stay static and nobody has a steady job anymore. You have to adapt and it's all up to you whether you do or don't. Not some politicians. Most politicians have no idea what's going on in the free market world.

FORD
11-26-2018, 03:07 PM
The reason Sears is failing is that right about the time of the merger with K-Mart, the company was put in the hands of a CEO who was a hedge-fund mismanaging Randtard idiot who didn't give a flying fuck about the company's legacy or long term survival, much less its employees. Every decision that asshole made was wrong, and now we see the results. If Sears had modernized their old catalog business to a 21st century model, while keeping their brick & mortar stores running, they could have very well been a competitor to Amazon... and maybe without a CEO as craven & narcissistic as Jeffy Bezos is.

twonabomber
11-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Ford stock is almost junk status. Shareholders want dividends.

There is a bank of Amazon lockers at the same mall Sears left a year ago. Used to pick up your catalog order at Sears...now you can pick up your Amazon order.

Kristy
11-26-2018, 04:05 PM
You want to play with Jacksmar? Put on your Peter Chris boots and get your tits out.
Now go get a beach ball and find five other broads with DD's to offset your A cups and get a game of keep it up going.

Just because you are a MRSA ridden black MILF lesbian senior citizen biker for Christ doesn't mean you aren't a racist.
Well, you finally came out of the closet. That's only half the battle.

Kristy
11-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Hardly surprising that Cheeto would want the Chevy Volt exterminated. That dumb orange son of a bitch is more rooted in 19th century energy policies than even the BCE themselves were. And at least the BCE had the excuse of using the oil business as a front for their "off-book" CIA operations.

Wrong again. Who in the fuck wants to buy an (alleged) American made car anymore? Back in 2015 when I bought my Infinity in no way was any American made pile of shit on the radar. They are garbage for the money. Had a roommate who had a 2016 Ford "View" or "Trek" or "Aspen" or whatever lame-ass marketing think tank bullshit name they gave it and you know what? That piece of shit spent more time at the dealership repair then it did on the road.

Kristy
11-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Ford stock is almost junk status. Shareholders want dividends.

There is a bank of Amazon lockers at the same mall Sears left a year ago. Used to pick up your catalog order at Sears...now you can pick up your Amazon order.

Even their "Craftsman" garbage is manufactured in China. Even the F A T Orange man knew that.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Donald+Trump+Trump+Visits+Snap+Tools+Kenosha+0pwLx bZ9HfBl.jpg
That's why the F A T turd tard went to HardOn tools for his bullshit "American First" photo op knowing their overpriced shit was still being made here.

twonabomber
11-26-2018, 04:21 PM
Craftsman was sold to Stanley Black & Decker last year. SB&D plans on bringing Craftsman production back to the states.

If you're going to buy Chinese, might as well go to Harbor Freight and use the 20% off coupons.

Kristy
11-26-2018, 04:36 PM
The reason Sears is failing is that right about the time of the merger with K-Mart, the company was put in the hands of a CEO who was a hedge-fund mismanaging Randtard idiot who didn't give a flying fuck about the company's legacy or long term survival, much less its employees. Every decision that asshole made was wrong, and now we see the results. If Sears had modernized their old catalog business to a 21st century model, while keeping their brick & mortar stores running, they could have very well been a competitor to Amazon... and maybe without a CEO as craven & narcissistic as Jeffy Bezos is.

Watch this, you Bernie Brat. Apparently, American retail is long, long dead.

https://youtu.be/I7y1FoFqtiw

Kristy
11-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Craftsman was sold to Stanley Black & Decker last year. SB&D plans on bringing Craftsman production back to the states.

Still won't be the Craftsman name.

FORD
11-26-2018, 05:43 PM
Those interior shots of the dead mall with the glass elevator gave me 80s flashbacks....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMTshUflTg

FORD
11-26-2018, 05:51 PM
BTW, the local Sears here was originally one of the "anchor" stores for the first mall in town. It was at one end, and another department store called "Peoples" was at the other. There was a Woolworth's in the middle and a bunch of smaller stores in between including the radio shack and the record store that used to sell bongs before the pigs figured out what bongs were for and made them illegal.

Peoples got taken over by Mervyn's which got taken over by Kohl's and all the stores in the middle got wiped out a few years back with a Target now occupying that space. Sears is the only thing that remains of the original mall. I've probably been there twice in the last decade, and it was the automotive dept, but I was in there long enough to notice that the rest of the store seemed fairly empty. No official notice that they will be closing yet, but if that news changed in January, I really wouldn't be that surprised.

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Well, you finally came out of the closet. That's only half the battle.

Closet? Maybe you don't understand. Let me say it so you can get this through your typical woman mind: big fucking tits. If you don't understand this you are the typical woman. Tell yourself what you want to keep you happy but the truth is size matters. If your tits never got any bigger than your 11-year-old self, you're really not any use to me but truly you aren't any use to any other men either.

Except the men that look at a woman in the hopes for a seven-year-old boy.

Now did you really have anything to add to the oil conversation or were you just looking as usual to trade insults? The kitchen is to your left...

FORD
11-26-2018, 07:17 PM
http://www.mancrushes.com/sites/default/files/Paul-Stanley-full-body-11.jpg

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Back on topic, apparently there's trouble with the Canadian pipeline as well as the Keystone pipeline. Even so I saw Canadian oil at $15 a barrel. I don't know if it's due to provincial welfare or not because I really don't care that much about Canada.

What I do understand about oil prices is there's going to have to be a breakeven price per barrel at some point. I'm guessing $50 a barrel. Right now fracking is keeping prices low, too.

jacksmar
11-26-2018, 07:29 PM
Paul-Stanley-Michael Jackson

I though KISS got rid of Michael Jackson on MAD TV?

And way off topic, that photo is from 2004 Paul Stanley. I would love to have 2004 Paul Stanley vocals back, but that's the conversation for another thread...

Kristy
11-26-2018, 08:59 PM
Right now fracking is keeping prices low, too.

Wrong again, you F A T fucky fucktard fish fart.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/kdlg/files/styles/medium/public/201612/12202016_chukchi_courtesy.jpg

What keep oil prices competitive was under Obama when he decided to allow for Arctic drilling in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas in the Arctic Ocean’s Outer Continental Shelf. This was a strange and highly overlooked by the "MSM because oil industry had no immediate plans at the time for exploration or drilling in the Arctic Ocean. And Obama, like the F A T Orange man, was great at obscuring the abysmal environmental protection records as well as the whole god damn Democratic Party who are just as greedy and corrupt when it comes to raping this earth for profit.

Now this could have been due fact at the time of the Obama Administration many oil companies were going bankrupt - even before the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and many decommissioning a majority of their rigs laying off more people than GM. But in reality, it was really about estimations that oil @ $100/barrel would never see the light of day again and presidents love it when gas prices are low around election time.

As for frack-fucking, it is no better of an alternative. Even now under the F A T Orange man federal agencies have issued more hydro-fracking permits then one can count for platform wells in the Gulf of Mexico. Under Obama and now the F A T Orange man, both administrations have permitted the dumping tens of billions of gallons of extremely toxic carcinogenic fracking wastewater right back into the Gulf and exempted some 300 of the fracking jobs from environmental impact assessments.

https://www.kcet.org/sites/kl/files/atoms/article_atoms/www.kcet.org/news/redefine/rewater/assets_c/2015/09/frackingfield-9-6-15-thumb-630x420-97321.jpg

The irreversible and shameful environmental damage both administrations have done to this planet is atrocious. Fuck them. And fuck you.

jacksmar
11-27-2018, 01:52 AM
Wrong again, you F A T fucky fucktard fish fart.

What keep oil prices competitive was under Obama when he decided to allow for Arctic drilling in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas in the Arctic Ocean’s Outer Continental Shelf. This was a strange and highly overlooked by the "MSM because oil industry had no immediate plans at the time for exploration or drilling in the Arctic Ocean. And Obama, like the F A T Orange man, was great at obscuring the abysmal environmental protection records as well as the whole god damn Democratic Party who are just as greedy and corrupt when it comes to raping this earth for profit.

Now this could have been due fact at the time of the Obama Administration many oil companies were going bankrupt - even before the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and many decommissioning a majority of their rigs laying off more people than GM. But in reality, it was really about estimations that oil @ $100/barrel would never see the light of day again and presidents love it when gas prices are low around election time.

As for frack-fucking, it is no better of an alternative. Even now under the F A T Orange man federal agencies have issued more hydro-fracking permits then one can count for platform wells in the Gulf of Mexico. Under Obama and now the F A T Orange man, both administrations have permitted the dumping tens of billions of gallons of extremely toxic carcinogenic fracking wastewater right back into the Gulf and exempted some 300 of the fracking jobs from environmental impact assessments.

The irreversible and shameful environmental damage both administrations have done to this planet is atrocious. Fuck them. And fuck you.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/fracking-helped-make-the-us-the-worlds-oil-king/

Fracking helped make the US the world’s oil king

Move over, Russia — and Saudi Arabia, too: The United States is now the world’s largest producer of crude oil.

“US crude-oil production exceeded that of Saudi Arabia for the first time in more than two decades,” the US Energy Information Administration reported Tuesday. “In June and August, the United States surpassed Russia in crude-oil production for the first time since February 1999.”

That assessment confirms an International Energy Agency prediction in March that America would soon be No. 1, and it should keep that slot through 2019, at least.

Thanks to the fracking boom, US oil production has topped more than 10 million barrels per day this year — a first since the 1970s, Reuters reported.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what you're talking about. I'm recommending stripchat. But wear the Peter Chris boots. Feet like a set of boat oars. Kitchen is to your left...

Nickdfresh
11-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Chip, I appreciate that you're excited that as many as 14,000 people are losing work, but this has a little more to do with how GM ran the corporation than tax incentives. So I guess they're not to build the Volt anymore? Wasn't that an Obama car?

You seem really happy. Wasn't GM too big to fail?

No dope, it has to do with trumps tradewar with China, one of GM's largest markets and his policies being publicly decried by not just GM, but Ford as well...

Nickdfresh
11-27-2018, 09:03 AM

Exactly! Sears and Kmart were purchased for their properties not as retail operations. If you've been to a kmart lately you know it's like walking into the late 1980's-early 90's. No efforts to make updates and really compete with Walmart or Amazon, or the dozens of other online retailers that even have brick-and-mortar operations. Sears and Benzos would have fucked themselves even without the growth of online. It's kind of sad actually, as Kmart probably built one of its last new and most modern stores in my hometown in the early 90's and it closed in less than ten years, and now sits vacant largely because the assholes at a certain development company still are getting paid from Kmart...

FORD
11-27-2018, 10:52 AM
The K-mart here was located right across the I-5 freeway from the Sears, so they were an early casualty of that merger. The store was vacant for years, and is now home to the FundaMENTAList "Hobby Lobby" store (the folks that brought the "corporations are religious people" case to the Supreme Court). Never have set foot in the place, and can't see a reason why I ever would.

twonabomber
11-27-2018, 11:32 AM
The local Super Kmart opened in the mid 90's and made it about 20 years before being closed. It's now torn down and Meijer is going in, about a block away from Walmart. That Walmart is not a Supercenter and has nowhere to expand, I'm betting Meijer pushes them to a new location closer to the freeway and Sam's Club.

Retail is booming here, there is a Menard's going in within sight of Home Depot and a big retail development not far from that. Sears has been empty a year but one of the Dillard's stores (our mall had two) has become a bowling alley/arcade. They're doing okay. Hobby Lobby is being built on an outside lot at the mall, it started out as a grocery store and was an OfficeMax after that.

Kristy
11-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Corporations are people, too. This was just so sad to watch:

https://youtu.be/WoZjU83zMZI