PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan in Pic's. June 2011

Nickdfresh
07-10-2011, 08:25 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/06/afghanistan-june-2011/100096/

sadaist
07-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Notice on pic 6 - the public swimming pool. No females. Not one.

Nitro Express
07-10-2011, 02:30 PM

Pretty much explains why I don't live in Afghanistan.

Nitro Express
07-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Well. Bin Laden is dead, let's pack it up and come home.

kwame k
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
While I did support the invasion of Afghanistan initially, occupying a country for a sustained amount of time is useless. Poppy production is still at an all time high, the puppet government is ineffective and corrupt, the Taliban still have a voice among certain people there, and democracy will never flourish in a tribal culture.

We achieved our objective there........as much as can be achieved and it's time to get out. Given our current economic crisis at home we need to shut down the war machine and rebuild our country.

The war on "terra" is over......all we're doing now is making war profiteers richer and bankrupting ourselves in the process.

Nitro Express
07-10-2011, 03:57 PM
In 2001 Al Quaida were the bad guys. In 2011 they are good guys we are working with to liberate libya. All this while we are supposedly beating them elsewhere. Can you say geopolitical make believe theater? They can't even keep their story straight on this one.

As far as Afghanistan goes it has turned out exactly what I thought it would turn out being. The day the 9/11 attacks happened I caught a lot of shit saying now the government has it's excuse to take more rights away. Put it this way, everyone eventually leaves Afghanistan leaving dead bodies and broken equipment and Afghanistan keeps on going on being Afghanistan. Read history.

sadaist
07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Poppy production is still at an all time high.

Can drug makers use real opium instead of producing the synthetics like in Oxycontin, Vicodin, etc? I wonder which way is cheaper. If they could, you would think the US could make it so the poppy farms are legit there and a legit way to pump money into their economy.

VanHalener
07-10-2011, 09:14 PM

They are all a bunch of tail gunners that don't like chicks.

Seshmeister
07-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Can drug makers use real opium instead of producing the synthetics like in Oxycontin, Vicodin, etc? I wonder which way is cheaper. If they could, you would think the US could make it so the poppy farms are legit there and a legit way to pump money into their economy.

A lot of people have suggested this over the last 10 years and I still haven't read a good argument against it.

At the moment the Afghan farmers get $700 million a year for their crop which makes up 70-80% of the worlds heroin.

$700 million is nothing compared to what we are spending over there at the moment.

standin
07-10-2011, 09:51 PM
:facepalm:

Nope its separate for males and females just like bathrooms!

Nitro Express
07-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Can you say lithium and other resources the world is hungry for?

http://gizmodo.com/5562473/massive-afghanistan-lithium-deposit-as-in-batteries-could-alter-nations-economy

sadaist
07-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Some really great photography. I went through the pics 3 times so far today.